• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Oops, left 4 lances and a full stamina bar unused in GC and all the areas have been knocked out. Oh well, the 48 points lead from my team is good enough for me to not care. Good thing, too, still not enjoying it really.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Well I managed to clear Abyssal SOMEHOW.

...okay actually I looked up how to do Marth with as little SI as possible, and I found one that involved completely base Groom Marth, Lyon being built to be a bow killer, and Rein/B!Lyn being the assholes they are. It did call for Def Tactic 3 SS when I only had the normal one, but whatever.

But after trying my hardest to replicate a number of mostly F2P guides for Abyssal Robin and failing because turns out F2P guides require you to have some neutral nature units when most of my units have natures, I went full rage with my Flier team and won by my own hand.

So... yeah, guess I can be proud of being able to do the hard thing myself for once.

Had some downtime after spending the last of my conquest lances, so I trawled the LHB thread looking for something suitable, and I ended up using the same strategy. I'd decided early on that an ugly accessory was worth precisely zero amount of feathers to me, but seeing that strat, all I needed was to give Luna to Lyon over his default (useless) Vengeance, so I rationalised it as being generally useful SI instead of the relatively useless SI demanded by the other strats (such as giving out multiple Hone Cavs, giving Draw Back to units I already have Reposition on and vice-versa).

Now to look up something I can do with zero investment for Grima.

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

FE4 1st Gen banner? I’d go with Quan, Ethlyn and the token alt in the form of Lachesis. 

More Abyssal LHB reruns? I won’t touch those. The “prize” isn’t worth the effort of going through units with even more bloated stats. 

More often than not, if the GHB enemy is not an irredeemable specimen of evil, the banner has a character with a relationship with the GHB unit. Adean or Brigid is going be more likely than  Master Knight Lachesis, who will likely be yet another sword cavalry. Especially with FE4 banners. Arvis and Julius both had lovers, and those lovers were featured on the banner. 

I am so mad. Here I am, partacking in the horrible mistake that is sleep. Only to wake up and want to do at least one more GC match, so I can get the final orb from this mess.

Except my team has been reduced to four areas and everything has been knocked out for the rest of this GC run. Whoever came up with longer rounds clearly didn't think about the consequences. It's just one orb, but I am still mad to lose out on it through no fault of my own. I already hated this mode, but now it's just completely unplayable.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m done with this stupid mode:

Dear lord, why did you put yourself through that?!

Meanwhile, I finally reached my breaking point with this mode’s bullshit and just stopped at Tier 20 in favor of continuing my Conquest playthrough. Life is just too short, man.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I finally reached my breaking point with this mode’s bullshit and just stopped at Tier 20 in favor of continuing my Conquest playthrough. Life is just too short, man.

That's what auto-mode is for. 

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm done with this stupid mode:

Oh nice. Did you get first because it's Sharenas army? 

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Dear lord, why did you put yourself through that?!

Because I finally landed on team Sharena and I inadvertently piled up like twenty lances. I grabbed all the armoured allies I’ve had and ground the +1 Mov areas.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh nice. Did you get first because it's Sharenas army? 

To tell the truth, I don’t auto-battle rival domains anymore. I just can’t trust the AI to not fuck up in the most unnecessary way imaginable and unimaginable.

What other motivation do I need?

Edited by Vaximillian

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I’ve found that I prefer to and get enjoyment from actually playing my games myself, not watching incompetent AI play them. That, and like Vax I don’t trust the AI one bit.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Which chapter are you at?

I’m at 15. Since I lost my original copy of Fates back in late 2016, I no longer have completed files of each path and it’s taken me until recently to get to revisiting Fates to fix that.

Edited by Tybrosion

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

To tell the truth, I don’t auto-battle rival domains anymore. I just can’t trust the AI to not fuck up in the most unnecessary way imaginable and unimaginable.

I don't watch what they are doing (it makes me cramp in the middle of a cringe), the results are good enough. 

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’ve found that I prefer to and get enjoyment from actually playing my games myself, not watching incompetent AI play them.

I don't watch the AI, but you are right: It's better to actually play the game. I'm not using auto-mode for TTs for example, GC and Rival domains are the only modes where I'm using auto-mode at all. But if I want to do something else in RL and risk to lose orbs, I'd let the AI bring me to tier 25. 

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m at 15. Since I lost my original copy of Fates back in late 2016, I no longer have completed files of each path and it’s taken me until recently to get to revisiting Fates to fix that.

Oh yeah. Disneyland. I member

Looking back to August, I can say that has been one of the bests (if not the best) month for my F2P pulls:

From Heroes with X skill: Free M!Grima, Free Ares

From Festival in Hoshido: Gray, Lute

From AoBH: Free Veronica, Veronica, Julia

From Legendary Banner: Free F!Grima, Fjorm, WT!Reinhart

And I didn’t even had that many orbs! xD

And I just got knocked out with 7 lance crests remaining. Guess I should've gone all out from the start of the final round. At least I made it to tier 25 a few hours ago

Edited by silveraura25

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Javi Blizz Nice gets, congrats! Are most of them new units? 

For me July and August would have been very great months if not for the legendary banners ... 

Everything except the Legendary Heroes (and the second Veronica) was new, so I’m pretty happy. I had been wanting to have Lute and Gray for a long time, and she has even come in the right moment, since she was bonus in arena last week :D

First time I really had to skip a Legendary Banner (I call spending 35 orbs as a skip) because of so many other good banners out recently. Sorry Marth, but next time!

Hopefully there will be less amazing banners coming soon. I know FE4 will get one, but I'd also like trying to get another focus unit from the CYL2 banner. 

For my very few orbs I had, I pulled quite a lot. Less than 100 orbs for Brave Roy and Brave Celica in the CYL2 banner, Gunthraa within 35 orbs from Legendary Banner and a free Brave Ike from CYL1. 

er whoops. Got caught up in something and missed the last round of GC. I had 12 stamina lances to burn plus more from ranking up. Looks like they could have used my help since we ended with three territories but had 17 at the end of the previous one. 

For somebody that loves this mode I've been pretty poor at it.

Hmm, Guidance was mildly interesting, but spoiled by the fact that Jamke moves idiotically with it. (He teleports right in front of your face even if he has nothing to shoot, assuming you had someone to take care of the teleporting axe armor.)

And then turn 2 everyone dies, so... *shrug*

Kinda dislike that they're teasing us with a GHB and no banner announcement

The GHB was meh with not much difficulty involved. At least for me

Funny story. I suggested that before his skills were datamined, Jamke would come with Odd Atk Wave as the premium 5 star exclusive skill that GHB units come with as of late

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The GHB was meh with not much difficulty involved. At least for me

The most difficulty came when I failed to notice the flier had Guidance.

Otherwise... I'll be completely honest, that was the most disappointing GHB I've had the honor to play. Jamke at least looks to have a cool pose.

Also... the new Learn with Sharena feels like a personal attack on me specifically... *checks again to see who his earliest summoned 5* lv 1 vegetable is*
I summoned that Mathilda a long time ago... before the Genealogy banner at least...

Edited by Xenomata