Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I wouldn't even have known the flier had guidance if you guys didn't mention it. He didn't use it and promptly was slaughtered by standard flier tactics, played like a standard 10th stratum map.

Hopefully Combat Manuals come in before this GHB ends so I can claim the Lunatic and Hard ones later.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully Combat Manuals come in before this GHB ends so I can claim the Lunatic and Infernal ones later.

Probably will be, we've got a week of GHB and the update will probably be in line with the new banner Thursday. As it happens, I only did Infernal for Linus and Walhart because I didn't want to have extra copies I didn't need.

MEANWHILE, I give my thanks to 3* Jamke for allowing me to finally fodder off regular ass Ike in a guilt free way

3starjamke.thumb.jpg.61114808289587a315420bdb293d974f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

Probably will be, we've got a week of GHB and the update will probably be in line with the new banner Thursday. As it happens, I only did Infernal for Linus and Walhart because I didn't want to have extra copies I didn't need.

MEANWHILE, I give my thanks to 3* Jamke for allowing me to finally fodder off regular ass Ike in a guilt free way

Whoops, meant I did Infernal, yeah. I've only grabbed Infernal copies of all GHB units since Infernal was added. That's 7 GHBs including Jamke so 14 units that would be clogging up my barracks if I did Lunatic and Hard. Glad it won't have to be a thing anymore. It'll be a bit odd to leave my barracks at 690 capacity for likely the rest of FEH's existence but between the desire to have it be a round 700 or to save two orbs, I think the orbs win.

Hopefully we get the update alongside the new banner, but I'm thinking they might wait until after the VG to do it. Dunno if this update with require some maintenance downtime but it's probably best for them to avoid potential issues popping up in the middle of a VG round.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Whoops, meant I did Infernal, yeah. I've only grabbed Infernal copies of all GHB units since Infernal was added. That's 7 GHBs including Jamke so 14 units that would be clogging up my barracks if I did Lunatic and Hard. Glad it won't have to be a thing anymore.

Hopefully we get the update alongside the new banner, but I'm thinking they might wait until after the VG to do it. Dunno if this update with require some maintenance downtime but it's probably best for them to avoid potential issues popping up in the middle of a VG round.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the VG. Well, they could always do it between rounds I guess. Either that or we really will be waiting til after VG, though the GHB lasts a day longer at least.

10 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wow, Fliers Bladetome just destroyed everything they found. Elincia murdered Jamke. 

Yep, Jamke died also to my Elincia. Though no Bladetomes this time. 

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@mampfoid, I forgot, but I also got a LA!Hector from the Legendary Banner hahaha

Oh nice. I'm hoping for L!Hector from the next Legendary banner. 

Welp. 3 Tries. 3 Tries and Matthew wrecked the map. I wasn't running Aether (Bonfire is his default special, old habits and all that.) at first, all I had to do was swap out his layout to Aether, Dual Smokes (to deal with SPD Tactic) and RES Refine on his dagger to deal with the two mages and it was cake. I also used a B skill Matt's never used before, but I'll save that for the clear.

I wish Jamke had more going for him. He's cool, but there's really no room for him or real reason to use him. Between +SPD KH!Hinoka, ToD!Jakob, Bridelia, Innes, Faye, Takumi, B!Lyn and LA!Roy, there's no role he can really fill that someone else doesn't already but better. Still I don't have an archer with a Slaying Bow, maybe he could fill that niche.

Edited by Zeo

Gamepedia decided to start using Growth Rates rather than Growth Points. Shame, I'm too used to Growth Points to convert back easily...

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I wish Jamke had more going for him. He's cool, but there's really no room for him or real reason to use him. Between +SPD KH!Hinoka, ToD!Jakob, Bridelia, Innes, Faye, Takumi, B!Lyn and LA!Roy, there's no role he can really fill that someone else doesn't already but better. Still I don't have an archer with a Slaying Bow, maybe he could fill that niche.

Most Jamke has going for himself is a unique default and battle ready pose, which pretty much every other Infantry Bow uses the same boring poses, save for Takumi using a different battle ready pose and most seasonal units being unique.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Because favoritism!  Speaking of, you don't have Leon, the destroyer of this GHB?

34 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I'm a little curious. Is this the first instance where the GHB Hero makes his debut before the heroes present in this banner?

Sort of.

The initial GHBs were Narcian, Robin, Ursula, Michalis, Navarre, Zephiel, Xander, Lloyd, and Camus. None of them were associated with a specific banner, and all of them except Lloyd were present as enemies in the initial game.

Since then, we got Legion, Clarisse, Berkut, Valter, Arvis, Oliver, Lyon, Takumi, Saias, Kana, Julius, Linus, Walhart, and now Jamke. Aside from Jamke, all of those were associated with a New Heroes banner released shortly before them.

Technically, we still don't know if Jamke is formally associated with a banner at all. If he isn't, he's more of a return to the initial GHBs than anything really new. But whether or not he is, he's breaking a pattern that's spanned 13 GHBs and over a year.

If we do get an FE4 banner next, with story chapters featuring Jamke, we do still have some precedent, even though it's not a GHB. It's Tobin, whose TT started before the banner he was associated with.

Edited by Othin

UwU. That's cute. Jamke draws an arrow from his quiver at the start of the turn just like his official artwork for genealogy

Edited by silveraura25

Jamke feels like a GHB meant for an earlier time. Had he come out at this time last year, CA3 at 4* and Heavy Blade would have been a lot more interesting. If I didn't already have a +atk -res Leon I'd almost consider building him, but he's not really worth the feathers since I do.. I really wish he'd gotten a prf to stand out some.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only took them 15 months to do so.

Well; I always wanted to understand the in-game system; and I can finally do xD.

BTW; I think there are some mistakes in the growth modifiers section. (in the last section it should appear as Gen 2 Ranged with -10% Growth compared with base Sword Lord; instead of the mess that ended up there, I don't understand the numbers selected there.).

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stat_growth#Growth_values

Edited by Troykv

I've already raised the 3* Jamke to 5* xD

I forgot how much I like his design and personality, while his little chibi is adorable. I might make him a merge project just 'cos. I have so many better bow units, but I quite like him. I'll see, though, since I've already got the vague notion to do Reinhardt, Ares and Gaius...

Edited by Cute Chao

47 minutes ago, Troykv said:

BTW; I think there are some mistakes in the growth modifiers section. (in the last section it should appear as Gen 2 Ranged with -10% Growth compared with base Sword Lord; instead of the mess that ended up there, I don't understand the numbers selected there.).

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stat_growth#Growth_values

Gen 2 ranged units fall under both the "Generation 2" (+10%) and "Gen 1 ranged unit (not armored)" (-20%) buckets for a total of -10%.

Confusing table is confusing even if you realize that you're supposed to add the Gen 2 base of +10% in addition to the modifiers after it.

50 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well; I always wanted to understand the in-game system; and I can finally do xD.

I've had it tucked away in my research thread for the past 15 months (which is where the 15 months figure comes from):

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Confusing table is confusing even if you realize that you're supposed to add the Gen 2 base of +10% in addition to the modifiers after it.

Hopefully they will update it to make it more streamlined. I do not see the point in separating Gen I and Gen II Dancers/Singers and between flying and non flying ones, and that really bugs me.

22 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Debating whether or not to keep Jamke because I literally only have 5 bow users or kill him off for Heavy Blade

Heavy Blade is a pretty bad A skill in my opinion unless you are doing it for Galeforce fun, Galeforce fun can be similarly accomplished with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal Slot. I would recommend using him as Cancel Affinity fodder if you really want to get rid of him.

31 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Debating whether or not to keep Jamke because I literally only have 5 bow users or kill him off for Heavy Blade

Heavy blade is pretty low priority at the moment, since we have a S-seal for it. (Until an S seal comes along that's competitive with the best A-slot skills heavy blade should stay in the S-slot.)

Its biggest issue is that -1cd on a special skill usually only gives about as much value as putting a stat skill in your A-slot in the first place, meaning you'd have to be in a situation where it's 3 hits per special proc rather than 2, which makes it pretty niche. (OG!Ike is actually pretty well made in this respect, since Aether's 5cd fits nicely with it, and it provides both sustain and damage, giving a good reason that you'd run it over a 3cd special.)

And his spread is honestly pretty good. 36/32 is slightly better than +Atk Takumi, and his defensive spread is also slightly better. (Mind, even then Jamke isn't more than, say, a 7/10 or so if I had to rate him. Infantry is just such a bad movement type right now. If I had to use an infantry archer it'd be Bow!Lucina, but she's more like physical Reinhardt in terms of sheer powerlevel, versatility, and mobility than an infantry.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Heavy Blade is a pretty bad A skill in my opinion unless you are doing it for Galeforce fun, Galeforce fun can be similarly accomplished with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal Slot. I would recommend using him as Cancel Affinity fodder if you really want to get rid of him.

In rare cases you need Heavy blade in A slot and Quickened pulse in seal slot, like Firesweep Cordelia.  So it is a very niche skill but has its uses.