• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

34 speed is nice, especially since it's 37 with fury 

You could give him an OP OP set and merge him for points

Not that you'd ever use Roy in the arena anyway heh

If I ever get new Fury fodder, yeah it's decent!

I used the old one in the arena when he was a bonus unit it was a pain in the ass ;_;

Actually if I want to be stingy with SI, I could feed my oldroy to my Leo for Iceberg + that last level of TA (I already fed Leo a Selena); but the calc tells me Iceberg is worse than Moonbow even with Raven leo so it's depressing*.

Edited by salinea

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

but the calc tells me Iceberg is worse than Moonbow even with Raven leo so it's depressing*.

Were both special triggers set to 0?

That seems like it shouldn't be so....

11 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Were both special triggers set to 0?

That seems like it shouldn't be so....

Not in term of damage output; but in term of "enemies beaten" against a generic list of all units in the game. (My Leo is -Res, that might factor in)

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Though I give zero shits about tiers, I think it would be wiser to break them up into two, covering Arena (and I guess Voting Gauntlet) in one, and everything else in the other.

Tiers reflect the creator's play style. I do not see the author, so I assume that tier list was at the very least reviewed by the site's editors, so it should reflect the play style of the community of that site as a whole. Xander is not a bad unit, but I would not use him if I got a Leo with the right nature. I also benched Ryoma ever since I got Celica. I see no reason to use melee units when I can use ranged units.

I also would not place Defiant skills above Life and Death. Maybe it is better for certain GHB maps, but outside of that, Life and Death in general is superior in my opinion,

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

Not in term of damage output; but in term of "enemies beaten" against a generic list of all units in the game. (My Leo is -Res, that might factor in)

Oh he's -Res too LOL

yeah... that's probably why heh

It's too bad Leo is so slow too :/

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Used my first feee summon. Got a 3* Bartre...

WOO HOO

BRASH ASSAULT 

With Valter being the next GHB, I wonder if that means we'll be getting a Magvel Banner this weekend.

The Rachel: Green Horse Mage

Seth: Lance Cavalry

Innes: Archer

Lute: Red Mage

Did a full pull on the bound hero banner for kicks and...2 4* roys

I know if you're just interested in the character, not taking away the 4* (& 3* in Cecilia's case) from the pool is fine, but this is just kind of mean. Oh well, I already have a 5* ROy from a while ago so heck yeah 2 free lines of Triangle Adept.

24 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

WOO HOO

BRASH ASSAULT 

Brash Assault is one B skill I just dont see the use for aside of a guaranteed double desperation on Lyn. Being at 50% for it go activate means you'll often not be able to take the counter hit.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Brash Assault is one B skill I just dont see the use for aside of a guaranteed double desperation on Lyn. Being at 50% for it go activate means you'll often not be able to take the counter hit.

Even if the tower I feel like you rarely see it go off

47 minutes ago, Johann said:

Though I give zero shits about tiers, I think it would be wiser to break them up into two, covering Arena (and I guess Voting Gauntlet) in one, and everything else in the other.

You could make a separate list for stuff like Tempest Trials and Chain challenges, but a tier list for normal maps sounds pretty redundant. The units who are good in most situations are also going to be good in the arena, and every story/GHB map requires a different strategy anyway.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Tiers reflect the creator's play style. I do not see the author, so I assume that tier list was at the very least reviewed by the site's editors, so it should reflect the play style of the community of that site as a whole. Xander is not a bad unit, but I would not use him if I got a Leo with the right nature. I also benched Ryoma ever since I got Celica. I see no reason to use melee units when I can use ranged units.

I also would not place Defiant skills above Life and Death. Maybe it is better for certain GHB maps, but outside of that, Life and Death in general is superior in my opinion,

I personaly prefer having a mix of ranged and melee units on my teams, mostly so that something can actually take a hit if things go wrong. Also, I feel Leo is only really good on a horse team, while Xander is also pretty good outside of one. Just my opinion though.

That said, I feel there are some very weird placements on this list. For instance, Takumi and Klein take the top to spots on the colorless list, but but Jeorge doesn't even appear anywhere in  the top 10.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Yeah it's useless

Used it to kill three people in one turn with Lyn though! 

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

You could make a separate list for stuff like Tempest Trials and Chain challenges, but a tier list for normal maps sounds pretty redundant. The units who are good in most situations are also going to be good in the arena, and every story/GHB map requires a different strategy anyway.

I personaly prefer having a mix of ranged and melee units on my teams, mostly so that something can actually take a hit if things go wrong. Also, I feel Leo is only really good on a horse team, while Xander is also pretty good outside of one. Just my opinion though.

That said, I feel there are some very weird placements on this list. For instance, Takumi and Klein take the top to spots on the colorless list, but but Jeorge doesn't even appear anywhere in  the top 10.

Yeah, that makes sense, I can see Xander being more useful outside of pony teams. Leo is too dependent on his cavalry allies.

I would place Jeroge between Takumi and Klein, and they do not consider limited units for some reason. BB!Cordelia easily tops the colorless list.

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Considering how they interact in Echoes, they would probably have a foursome

You know what i like/find funny about Clive and Mathilda? The fact that it took 15 games for them to make a couple that spend their ENTIRE screentime praising each other. Its actually really uplifting

I was thinking of something like 1 Clive and +2 Mathildas rather 2 Clives -- Cloves? -- and +2 Mathildas. Either way, very kinky. :p

Lovey-dovey couples are fun sometimes, but weren't Pent and Louise like that or implied to be?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

4-star Sheena.

Y'know, this irritates me since I don't have an axe knight. Axe knight GHB when?

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, XRay said:

@Ice Dragon @shadowofchaos

I am basing my assumptions off of just one Japanese site, but it seems like they have a vastly different play style compared with the English community (or at least different from Serenes Forest and YouTubers I follow). I am not sure if other Japanese sites follow their play style or if they more closely align with ours.

I cannot read Japanese very well, but I can see that they rank skills very differently.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51158

They also rank characters differently as well. Melee units are not bad, but I would rank ranged nukes above the melee ones since they have better range.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/38845

I want to know what their play style is, and why they prioritize that over all out offense. They placed Defiant skills above Life and Death! It is so weird seeing that. Is it because they are not as focused on Arena play?

I'm the wrong person to ask about analyzing playstyles in general.

I'm the guy who literally does not care about maximizing natures unless I already have multiple copies of the unit.

One thing I did notice is that they recommend giving Olivia a Ruby Sword so that she can have a similar role as a red Aqua.

And it's not hard to see different playstyles. A +7 Awakening (Defiant) skill is nothing to scoff at. While it's nothing compared to other higher speed units... a 37 Spd Desperation Julia with Dragon Fang is a threat.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm the wrong person to ask about analyzing playstyles in general.

I'm the guy who literally does not care about maximizing natures unless I already have multiple copies of the unit.

One thing I did notice is that they recommend giving Olivia a Ruby Sword so that she can have a similar role as a red Aqua.

I think giving Olivia a Ruby Sword is common practice actually. She doesn't have outstanding offence, so by giving her that she can at least deal with green units when she's not dancing.

Just now, Bartozio said:

I think giving Olivia a Ruby Sword is common practice actually. She doesn't have outstanding offence, so by giving her that she can at least deal with green units when she's not dancing.

From what I remember in a few posts here... Doing so gets her one shot by any wrong blue positioning. Making her more fragile than she already is.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

From what I remember in a few posts here... Doing so gets her one shot by any wrong blue positioning. Making her more fragile than she already is.

Well, you generally want to keep your red units away from blue anyway right?

I prefer playing to someone's strength's over trying to cover for weaknesses, so I'd rather sacrifice any chance she has of fighting blues to make sure Olivia can consistenly deal with green units, then make some half hearted attempt at making her better against blues when she'll still lose most of the time (and lose to several strong greens as well).

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well, you generally want to keep your red units away from blue anyway right?

I prefer playing to someone's strength's over trying to cover for weaknesses, so I'd rather sacrifice any chance she has of fighting blues to make sure Olivia can consistenly deal with green units, then make some half hearted attempt at making her better against blues when she'll still lose most of the time (and lose to several strong greens as well).

Well, that *IS* the meta.

Everyone goes for full on damage. I've played arena matches clutch wins with non-adept units. Which won't be possible with a jewel weapon.

And I'm satisfied with my current tier 19 placement with 168 dueling crests in reserve.

The recommended builds I get for here are either a Wo Dao or sticking with her Silver Sword.

The point here is that while it might be commonplace for her inheriting a jewel weapon where you go... it just generally surprised me that the Japanese go for the same setup when I've rarely seen that recommendation around here.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well, that *IS* the meta.

Everyone goes for full on damage.

I've played clutch wins with non-adept units.

And I'm satisfied with my current tier 19 placement with 168 dueling crests in reserve.

Well, I wasn't saying people should use TA or gem weapons on evryone...

It's more that Olivia's stats are rather lackluster (apart from decent speed), so giving her a Ruby sword helps give her a role outside of dancing (which she already does well enough without any other skills).

Also, TA is not just going full damage. It allows her to tank green units as well. It basicly makes her a check to any greens while sacrificing any chance she might have had against blues.

Tier 19 is pretty good for someone who has no apparent intrest in the meta, although placement start to depend more on scoring range then skill at some point.

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Ice Dragon @shadowofchaos

I am basing my assumptions off of just one Japanese site, but it seems like they have a vastly different play style compared with the English community (or at least different from Serenes Forest and YouTubers I follow). I am not sure if other Japanese sites follow their play style or if they more closely align with ours.

I cannot read Japanese very well, but I can see that they rank skills very differently.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51158

They also rank characters differently as well. Melee units are not bad, but I would rank ranged nukes above the melee ones since they have better range.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/38845

I want to know what their play style is, and why they prioritize that over all out offense. They placed Defiant skills above Life and Death! It is so weird seeing that. Is it because they are not as focused on Arena play?

I have no idea what they're smoking.

For those who can't read moon runes, here are the skill rankings:

Physical weapon:

1. Brave
  2. Triangle Adept
  3. Poison Dagger
  4. Wo Dao

Magic weapon:

1. Litrblade
  2. Lightning Breath
  3. Litrraven

Assist:

1. Mobility
  2. Rally
  3. HP manipulation

Special:

1. Moonbow
  2. Def and Res to damage
  3. Damage mitigation

Passive A:

1. All-range counter
  2. Blow
  3. Fury
  4. Defiant
  5. Life and Death

Passive B:

1. Desperation
  2. Vantage
  3. Wary Fighter
  4. Seal
  5. Weaponbreaker

Passive C:

1. Threaten
  2. Hone/Fortify
  3. Spur/Drive
  4. Savage Blow
  5. Movement-type buffs

So... I'm not sure where to begin when Seal skills rank higher than Weaponbreakers, Quick Riposte is not on the list at all, Threaten is the highest-ranking C skill, movement-type buffs rank lower than Savage Blow, and damage mitigation specials are on the list at all.

It's very clear that the authors favor two play styles:

1. Kill things before the opponent has a chance to retaliate (Litrblade/Brave + Death Blow (+ Desperation))
  2. Take a hit and clean up on player phase (Brave + Defiant + Seal/Wary Fighter/Vantage + Threaten)

Both of which are strictly worse than the respective superior play styles

1. Kill things in one round and activate Desperation on the counterattack (Litrblade/Brave + Life and Death + Desperation)
  2. Take no damage and kill on enemy phase (Triangle Adept/Distant Counter + Quick Riposte + defensive buff)

As for the characters list, the authors seem to be far too glued to the idea of keeping some of the units' default skills if they seem even remotely useful rather than overhauling an entire set based on stats. Sanaki is mentioned with Triangle Adept Raudhrraven, Katarina gets mention for Swift Sparrow, and Tiki gets mention for Armored Blow of all things (good against Hector, they say).

It's not a bad list for newer players who don't have as as large of skill pools, but if that's the intent, then the article title is grossly inaccurate.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

it just generally surprised me that the Japanese go for the same setup when I've rarely seen that recommendation around here.

You may hardly see that recommendation here, but in the arena I want you to keep track of how many wo dao or Silver sword Olivias compared to T-Adept or Ruby Sword Olivias

A recommendation here means nothing when there's millions of other players compared to the small portion on this site lol

I think the only olivia recomendations I've heard on this site are "make her into red Azura". And it's a great idea too. In the arena, I occasionally see silver sword+ olivias, but I bet that was just the person deciding whether they want Olivia to survive against greens better or have 7 more attack, and it's a tough call, ruby sword+ is expensive and you're not relying on Olivia to kill things often. You have to spend 20K feathers on that skill fodder, and that's about as little payoff as making Olivia 5 star in the first place.

They should release a 4-5 star rarity Ruby sword user.