• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That would've been the Bridal Blessings units that got to go for three weeks instead of two since their second season ended on June 12th when Echoes of Mystery didn't go live until the 14th.

Yeah, I don't remember when the Bridal Banner started, but usually, it's a about two weeks.  The second swimsuit banner started on July 28, so we're already on day 16 of this Banner, and if there's no new one before the new Arena Season, that will be 19 days with no new Banner which would be a record by a wide margin.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I don't remember when the Bridal Banner started, but usually, it's a about two weeks.  The second swimsuit banner started on July 28, so we're already on day 16 of this Banner, and if there's no new one before the new Arena Season, that will be 19 days with no new Banner which would be a record by a wide margin.

World of Radiance was exactly 19 days in length.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

World of Radiance was exactly 19 days in length.

Was that two weeks or three in Arena?  Maybe it being a proper Banner and not just fan service made it not seem as long.  I tend to get excited for actual new characters, and the get thirstier when when it's been almost a month since there's been any new additions.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Was that two weeks or three in Arena?  Maybe it being a proper Banner and not just fan service made it not seem as long.  I tend to get excited for actual new characters, and the get thirstier when when it's been almost a month since there's been any new additions.

World of Radiance resulted in an Arena season lasting 3 weeks, yes.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

World of Radiance resulted in an Arena season lasting 3 weeks, yes.

Actually it didn't. It only went from May 2nd to May 15th according to the Heroes wiki with the first season ending a bit early since that was the last one before they switched over to the current tier system. Aside from the very first group of bonus heroes, the Bridal Blessings group is the only one that has ran for three seasons.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wikipedia and Dictionary.com both say otherwise. Gordin's would be called a bracer.

If you're talking about materials, then Wikipedia says vambraces were made of leather or metal. If we're talking about what type of armor, then I don't know and I have no idea if anyone on the forums is an armor expert. That said, after checking, Gordin looks like he's wearing a bracer on his right arm with how streamlined it looks since apparently bracers are archer-specific armor that were meant to prevent the string from catching on loose clothing or causing injury to an archer's forearm and before I spilled water on my desk after checking all the archers and forgetting Clarisee, she's probably wearing vambraces on both arms. I say this since those straps make me think she's just wearing general armor and although they might be small, they could get caught on a bowstring if she wasn't careful. Then again, we're talking about a child soldier raised to be a dangerous sniper compared to a baby-faced young man. :p

Edited by Kaden

After Valter drops, I would like to see the banner that is released be about Erika's and Ephriam's allies. On Erika's side, it would be Franz, Gilliam, Seth, and Tana. For Ephriam, it would be Duessel, Kyle, Forde, and Myyrh.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Actually it didn't. It only went from May 2nd to May 15th according to the Heroes wiki with the first season ending a bit early since that was the last one before they switched over to the current tier system. Aside from the very first group of bonus heroes, the Bridal Blessings group is the only one that has ran for three seasons.

World of Radiance resulted in an Arena season lasting 3 weeks. Considering the two banners that followed only lasted 15 days each, it's clear the back-up of banners relative to Arena bonus hero sets was largely caused by World of Radiance lasting 5 days longer than 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If you're talking about materials, then Wikipedia says vambraces were made of leather or metal. If we're talking about what type of armor, then I don't know and I have no idea if anyone on the forums is an armor expert. That said, after checking, Gordin looks like he's wearing a bracer on his right arm with how streamlined it looks since apparently bracers are archer-specific armor that were meant to prevent the string from catching on loose clothing or causing injury to an archer's forearm and before I spilled water on my desk after checking all the archers and forgetting Clarisee, she's probably wearing vambraces on both arms. I say this since those straps make me think she's just wearing general armor and although they might be small, they could get caught on a bowstring if she wasn't careful. Then again, we're talking about a child soldier raised to be a dangerous sniper compared to a baby-faced young man. :p

Either way, vambraces are necessarily worn with plate armor. Archers wear bracers, not vambraces unless they're in full plate.

Clarisse's right bracer has straps, which doesn't matter because that's the hand she holds the arrow with. Clarisse's left bracer is riveted, which will not cause issues, either. Furthermore, she's placing the arrow on the right side of the bow instead of the left and her breasts place a gap between the path of the bowstring and her arm, meaning the bowstring is not actually in danger of hitting her left arm at all.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

World of Radiance resulted in an Arena season lasting 3 weeks. Considering the two banners that followed only lasted 15 days each, it's clear the back-up of banners relative to Arena bonus hero sets was largely caused by World of Radiance lasting 5 days longer than 2 weeks.

Oh, that's what you meant. For some dumb reason, I glossed over "resulted in" and just saw "World of Radiance" and "three weeks". Sorry about that.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

After Valter drops, I would like to see the banner that is released be about Erika's and Ephriam's allies. On Erika's side, it would be Franz, Gilliam, Seth, and Tana. For Ephriam, it would be Duessel, Kyle, Forde, and Myyrh.

If we're getting a SS banner,  it should be next week to tie in with the Valter GHB. 

tumblr_oulvkozXUY1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_oulvkozXUY1sn35pqo2_400.png

Finished training up all my new 5*s! ...Except Ninian. I've been having the same problem with her as with Olivia: dancers are so good at support that it's easy for them to stay busy with that and not get chances to actually fight and get Exp.

Counting Ninian, that's 10 blue 5*s now, plus Clive and Valter soon as well. Hopefully now I'll never have to worry about running out again.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Finished training up all my new 5*s! ...Except Ninian. I've been having the same problem with her as with Olivia: dancers are so good at support that it's easy for them to stay busy with that and not get chances to actually fight and get Exp.

Counting Ninian, that's 10 blue 5*s now, plus Clive and Valter soon as well. Hopefully now I'll never have to worry about running out again.

When training dancers I usually remove their Dance skill and treat them as combat units. I use Olivia and Lucius (Rehab/Hone Spd 3/Fire Balm) to support them and improve their offenses. The other slot is for someone that can cover the unit's weakness.

= EDIT =

Actually I also had trouble levelling Ninian! It doesn't help she's -atk lol

Edited by Quintessence

Just now, Quintessence said:

When training dancers I usually remove their Dance skill and treat them as combat units. I use Olivia and Lucius (Rehab/Hone Spd 3/Fire Balm) to support them and improve their offenses. The other slot is for someone that can cover the unit's weakness.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing something like that, especially since this time around I actually have another dancer available.

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If we're getting a SS banner,  it should be next week to tie in with the Valter GHB. 

I sure hope we don't have to wait a whole 'nother week for a new Banner.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If Inigo ever gets added, I hope he keeps his “I’m a man of passion!” line. Honestly, it’s up in top 5 best proc lines of Awakening for me.

Inigo's already in-game as Axebreaker fodder.