Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Can I get advice on how to beat the fourth map on the second squad assault? What type of units to bring and strategies? I can't kill anyone in that damn stage.

Michalis’ and Camus’ map? Yorotsruuu yorotsruuu used Wrys, Clarisse (with HP seal), Legion, and Stahl. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

58 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The one with Camus and Michalis? Probably the most important thing is to get a horse to bait away the Red Mage Cav so that Camus goes down the right alone, so that your Green homewrecker can blow him up without fear. The same Green unit should be able to murder or cripple the Lance peg, and then hurt Michalis. Have other people finish those two off if needed. The Mage Cav will be left alone.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Michalis’ and Camus’ map? Yorotsruuu yorotsruuu used Wrys, Clarisse (with HP seal), Legion, and Stahl. 

Thanks! I'll try those out later when my phone is charged. And. I redo the first three maps. Such a pain to go through again. :(

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Aside from that, Iron forges also made Steel and Silver completely useless.

Thracia and SS are different in that SS actually gives you gold to begin with, and has a world map to freely buy weapons on, yet still gives you free shit every other chapter.

Steels are actually fine, you don't get doubled any harder for using one, so the slower people like Effie (assuming you didn't change her into a faster class), Silas, Beruka or the like appreciates the 1 or 2 extra damage for the same gold price and cheaper material price. [In that respect, Axes were once again the best weapon type for some reason, getting +4 MT going from Iron to Steel, and Steel to Silver, versus Sword and Dagger's +3/+3 or Lance's +3/+4.]

(Not that it mattered, when L&D Dwyer is one shotting people with a Kodachi weapon MT doesn't matter at all. I knew Samurai's skillset carried people hard, but I didn't realize how utterly ridiculous it was until I went MoA Jakob into Kana & Dwyer with L&D. Only Jakob comes close to Camilla's overall combat, since the other two has to sacrifice bulk (Jakob can just ditch L&D for Swordfaire & Elbow room after passing L&D down if you really wanted another EP capable unit despite Camilla, Xander, Corrin, and Leo/Odin available [Edit: These two want to run the Vantage Nosferatu build with a possible L&D tossed in---Odin has it naturally, Leo gets it from Odin]), but Conquest being a PP heavy game meant that bulk isn't too important---even with L&D the kids aren't getting OHKOd, and they're not going to take more than 1 hit during PP.)

Edited by DehNutCase

51 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Steels are actually fine, you don't get doubled any harder for using one, so the slower people like Effie (assuming you didn't change her into a faster class), Silas, Beruka or the like appreciates the 1 or 2 extra damage for the same gold price and cheaper material price. [In that respect, Axes were once again the best weapon type for some reason, getting +4 MT going from Iron to Steel, and Steel to Silver, versus Sword and Dagger's +3/+3 or Lance's +3/+4.]

(Not that it mattered, when L&D Dwyer is one shotting people with a Kodachi weapon MT doesn't matter at all. I knew Samurai's skillset carried people hard, but I didn't realize how utterly ridiculous it was until I went MoA Jakob into Kana & Dwyer with L&D. Only Jakob comes close to Camilla's overall combat, since the other two has to sacrifice bulk (Jakob can just ditch L&D for Swordfaire & Elbow room after passing L&D down if you really wanted another EP capable unit despite Camilla, Xander, Corrin, and Leo/Odin available [Edit: These two want to run the Vantage Nosferatu build with a possible L&D tossed in---Odin has it naturally, Leo gets it from Odin]), but Conquest being a PP heavy game meant that bulk isn't too important---even with L&D the kids aren't getting OHKOd, and they're not going to take more than 1 hit during PP.)

Late join Jakob? If so, then that's ridiculous lol.

Also how good is Nosferatu actually in Fates? It was hard nerfed but I found it still had uses, unlike the cries of "IT'S USELESS REEEE" I heard from my friends when the game finally dropped for them.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You can't give late join Jakob the Samurai class line. (Only Odin has it naturally, and he can only pass that class to natural dark mages.)

Edit: Talking about Conquest, derp. Hana can give him Samurai in Birthright, but BR's a more enemy phase focused game, so L&D isn't as good there.

Edited by DehNutCase

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also how good is Nosferatu actually in Fates? It was hard nerfed but I found it still had uses, unlike the cries of "IT'S USELESS REEEE" I heard from my friends when the game finally dropped for them.

Its actually good on Odin. He can legitimately solo a significant portion of early game with it thanks to the addition of Guard Gauge. Combine with Odin having the EXACT stats a Nosfertank want and you get the deal(basically Magic is actually the least important stats. You Want to score 2HK or OHK) Only issue is its lack of effectiveness vs Ninja. But then again Nutcase and Josh is pretty much the only guy i've ever seen to ever praise Odin

Also Dwyer is funny, since he's one of the biggest meme bad unit of fates but instead of being acceptable ALA say.... Rinkah, Dwyer is actually one of the most busted unit in the game because x/15 when everyone is x/1 is funny. I'd even say he surpass Percy and Percy is already dumb on itself

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Its actually good on Odin. He can legitimately solo a significant portion of early game with it thanks to the addition of Guard Gauge. Only issue is its lack of effectiveness vs Ninja. But then again Nutcase and Josh is pretty much the only guy i've ever seen to ever praise Odin

Also Dwyer is funny, since he's one of the biggest meme bad unit of fates but instead of being acceptable ALA say.... Rinkah, Dwyer is actually one of the most busted unit in the game. I'd even say he surpass Percy and Percy is already dumb on itself

Odin training up via Samurai bumps his speed growth from a 'passable for not getting doubled' to 'speed demon.' It's not just bumping his speed from 45% to 55% growth, he also gets 5 speed from the class change. Mind, in Dark Mage he probably has the better early game, since Nosferatu is pretty damn good for Ch. 10.

His offense will always be supbar, but his amazing class set fixes that: In the Samurai line he gets +15 damage from Swordfaire and L&D, in the Dark Mage line he gets L&D & Vantage---for Nosferatu cheese. He also helps other people get better since he both gives 5 speed in pairup and gives Samurai to Leo & Nyx.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Odin training up via Samurai bumps his speed growth from a 'passable for not getting doubled' to 'speed demon.' It's not just bumping his speed from 45% to 55% growth, he also gets 5 speed from the class change. Mind, in Dark Mage he probably has the better early game, since Nosferatu is pretty damn good for Ch. 10.

His offense will always be supbar, but his amazing class set fixes that: In the Samurai line he gets +15 damage from Swordfaire and L&D, in the Dark Mage line he gets L&D & Vantage---for Nosferatu cheese. He also helps other people get better since he both gives 5 speed in pairup and gives Samurai to Leo & Nyx.

+15 only happen if you manage to get Odin to X/15 and spend 2 reclass on him though

Unless theres a specific way to make x/15 way faster then i don't see how thats really all that good compared to the boring Just use Nosferatu into promo path

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Its actually good on Odin. He can legitimately solo a significant portion of early game with it thanks to the addition of Guard Gauge. Combine with Odin having the EXACT stats a Nosfertank want and you get the deal(basically Magic is actually the least important stats. You Want to score 2HK or OHK) Only issue is its lack of effectiveness vs Ninja. But then again Nutcase and Josh is pretty much the only guy i've ever seen to ever praise Odin

@DehNutCase Watch as they add Nosferatu to this game but it'll be Red only

46 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@DehNutCase Watch as they add Nosferatu to this game but it'll be Red only

Nos effect is already in the game from Absorb. Sol on every hit is great, but paying 6 MT (10 - 4, Assault vs. Absorb) for it probably isn't worth it, considering there's a certain brand of tome that gives +30 attack. It's Sol on every hit vs. Dragon Fang on every hit, and the winner isn't Sol.

19 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Nos effect is already in the game from Absorb. Sol on every hit is great, but paying 6 MT (10 - 4, Assault vs. Absorb) for it probably isn't worth it, considering there's a certain brand of tome that gives +30 attack. It's Sol on every hit vs. Dragon Fang on every hit, and the winner isn't Sol.

I could see Resire being useful on a slow, but bulky infantry mage like Sophia who nabs one-round kills with Quick Riposte or a Weaponbreaker without the need for Litrblade.

I could also see two versions of it released, dark magic Resire for red and light magic Resire for blue.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I could see Resire being useful on a slow, but bulky infantry mage like Sophia who nabs one-round kills with Quick Riposte or a Weaponbreaker without the need for Litrblade.

I could also see two versions of it released, dark magic Resire for red and light magic Resire for blue.

-6 MT is a lot, though. Even at merge parity that Sophia will have trouble picking up kills on EP, particularly if you want CC rather than TA-3. (If you went TA-3 you're only fighting mages and colorless on EP, in which case there's basically no reason not to run Raven tome. Even CA archers still do the same damage whether or not you run Raven, so it'll only help in the rare cases where Nos healing lets you survive the followup you wouldn't have otherwise.)

A tomer does get 3 extra Atk from weapons, a free B-slot, and access to damage specials, so a QR Nos set might at least be interesting, but I don't see it being too useful outside defense tiles, since you'd have to only take 50% damage for a ORKO to heal you back to fullish. (Should be pretty bonkers on a defense tile, though, particularly for people with great mixed bulk and atk, like Sophia or Reinhardt. But it seems a bit too niche compared to -blade's all around versatility. Or, I don't know, just running Slayer Sol armor emblem with 4 ward armors.)

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Implying Aura isn't light magic.

RIP Lucius forever

38 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah it's in the game, but it's not for tomes yet. Honestly they should have just either gave the Absorb staff 6 Might and 100% healing, or better Might but 50%.

Remember Quixotic Sol Odin from Invisible Truths lol?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

-6 MT is a lot, though. Even at merge parity that Sophia will have trouble picking up kills on EP, particularly if you want CC rather than TA-3. (If you went TA-3 you're only fighting mages and colorless on EP, in which case there's basically no reason not to run Raven tome. Even CA archers still do the same damage whether or not you run Raven, so it'll only help in the rare cases where Nos healing lets you survive the followup you wouldn't have otherwise.)

A tomer does get 3 extra Atk from weapons, a free B-slot, and access to damage specials, so a QR Nos set might at least be interesting, but I don't see it being too useful outside defense tiles, since you'd have to only take 50% damage for a ORKO to heal you back to fullish. (Should be pretty bonkers on a defense tile, though, particularly for people with great mixed bulk and atk, like Sophia or Reinhardt. But it seems a bit too niche compared to -blade's all around versatility. Or, I don't know, just running Slayer Sol armor emblem with 4 ward armors.)

My assumption was that Absorb was originally intended to be -3 Atk relative to the basic weapon due to the half damage penalty from staves, which would put Resire at 1 Atk lower than Litrraven.

Supporting that theory, staves have a larger range of Atk stats than other weapon types with Absorb and Pain being 6 and 7 Atk lower than the basic weapon, respectively, compared to only 4 Atk for Killing weapons and Lightning Breath+ (Brave weapons are obviously exempt because of their effect of attacking twice).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

My assumption was that Absorb was originally intended to be -3 Atk relative to the basic weapon due to the half damage penalty from staves, which would put Resire at 1 Atk lower than Litrraven.

Supporting that theory, staves have a larger range of Atk stats than other weapon types with Absorb and Pain being 6 and 7 Atk lower than the basic weapon, respectively, compared to only 4 Atk for Killing weapons and Lightning Breath+ (Brave weapons are obviously exempt because of their effect of attacking twice).

That might just be because Pain and Absorb are valued at far higher than normal weapons, though. A sol effect every single turn is: a special slot, -4 cd. Pain effect of 10 damage after combat is strictly better than poison strike 3, which only works when you initiate the attack. -1cd was valued at more than a single slot of skills (TA-3 for gem weapons), so Absorb and Pain might've been valued at more than -1 cd.

Then again, IS seems to be reevaluating how much weapon effects are worth---Legion's axe, in particular, being panic for 1 MT compared to Panic's Panic for 3 MT. So there's a chance for Nos to be 10 MT. IS might prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to tomes, though, considering how bonkers tomes are at the moment, so it could go either way.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That might just be because Pain and Absorb are valued at far higher than normal weapons, though. A sol effect every single turn is: a special slot, -4 cd. Pain effect of 10 damage after combat is strictly better than poison strike 3, which only works when you initiate the attack. -1cd was valued at more than a single slot of skills (TA-3 for gem weapons), so Absorb and Pain might've been valued at more than -1 cd.

Then again, IS seems to be reevaluating how much weapon effects are worth---Legion's axe, in particular, being panic for 1 MT compared to Panic's Panic for 3 MT. So there's a chance for Nos to be 10 MT. IS might prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to tomes, though, considering how bonkers tomes are at the moment, so it could go either way.

The only tomes that are "bonkers" are Litrblade and a few of the exclusive weapons.

As for the comparison of weapon stats,

Staves have

• Candlelight: -3 (-1.5)
  • Panic: -3 (-1.5)
  • Gravity: -4 (-2)
  • Fear: -5 (-2.5)
  • Slow: -5 (-2.5)
  • Absorb: -6 (-3)
  • Pain: -7 (-3.5)

Compared to melee weapons, which have

• Firesweep: -0
  • Effective damage (new): -1
  • Special cooldown reduction (new): -1
  • Special damage boost: -2
  • Effective damage (old): -3
  • Triangle Adept: -3
  • Distant Counter with special cooldown increase: -4
  • Special cooldown reduction (old): -4
  • Brave: -8

And standard ranged weapons, which have

• Bonus-to-Atk conversion with special cooldown increase: -0
  • Special cooldown reduction (new): -1
  • Firesweep: -2
  • Weaponbreaker: -2
  • Weapon triangle advantage against colorless: -2
  • Effective damage: -3
  • Adjacent ally boost: -3
  • Special cooldown reduction (old): -4
  • Brave: -6

The values for staves are all far lower than non-staff weapons when taken at face value, but are entirely in line with them when accounting for the half damage penalty.