Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Did you clear the cache in your phone? That could slow some things too...

Oh, no. I don't know how to do that though. I better find out and see if that helps.

EDIT: Okay, found it.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So apparently the reason characters in Heroes can't attack at multiple different ranges is that the interface makes it difficult to determine which range to attack from, since the character could move to different distances from the same enemy. But this is only an issue if the character is actually capable of moving before attacking.

It could be interesting to see a weapon or skill for ranged characters that changes their weapon range to something much broader, say 2-4, but at the cost of making it so the character can't move and attack in the same action.

Just now, Poimagic said:

If Nuibaba is ever added into heroes, how do you think her Medusa spell would work?

Medusa as a tome would probably have build in miracle.I know it is simple, but if it works as it did in Echoes,  it will be wonky if every attack left enemy at 1 hp.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So apparently the reason characters in Heroes can't attack at multiple different ranges is that the interface makes it difficult to determine which range to attack from, since the character could move to different distances from the same enemy. But this is only an issue if the character is actually capable of moving before attacking.

It could be interesting to see a weapon or skill for ranged characters that changes their weapon range to something much broader, say 2-4, but at the cost of making it so the character can't move and attack in the same action.

Like Ballisticians in Shadow Dragon, where they covered a third of a map, but could barely move?

tumblr_oujmwjcfte1sn35pqo1_250.png

tumblr_oujmwjcfte1sn35pqo2_250.png

tumblr_oujmwjcfte1sn35pqo3_250.png

tumblr_oujmwjcfte1sn35pqo4_250.png

tumblr_oujmwjcfte1sn35pqo5_250.png

Side effects of all the blue pulls I did while getting Ninian and attempting to get s!Corrin.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

If Nuibaba is ever added into heroes, how do you think her Medusa spell would work?

"Reduce enemy to 1 HP" seems fine as a 5-charge special, but I don't think it would work as a weapon.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Like Ballisticians in Shadow Dragon, where they covered a third of a map, but could barely move?

Pretty much, yeah. Although I don't think affecting their actual movement stat directly would be necessary.

Medusa won't work as it is, maybe they'll give it Poison Strike 2 effect?

Something I'd like Heroes to add is a separate stock/bank/storage for units in order to have one dedicated for units ready to use and others for skill inheritance, because it is quite tiresome to scroll down through all the lv. 1 units.

Since there was no word on any new banner this weekend yet, I tried to hunt some Reds to get a better natured Ike.  Jeez, my luck is terrible, I blew all my Orb reserves and got up to like a 12% pity chance.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

You mean these guys?

23 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You mean these guys?

I have not played Advance Wars in a while. Hopefully, if they become popular again, they will port that series to mobile too. I hope they do not make it a gacha game though.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I have not played Advance Wars in a while. Hopefully, if they become popular again, they will port that series to mobile too. I hope they do not make it a gacha game though.

That's the hope.

How would you make AW a gacha, though? Building random units from bases? That would break half of the entire point of the game!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Since there was no word on any new banner this weekend yet, I tried to hunt some Reds to get a better natured Ike.  Jeez, my luck is terrible, I blew all my Orb reserves and got up to like a 12% pity chance.

I feel the same. I feel really miserable and terrible, spent a bunch of orbs and have gotten nothing worthy although I've made like 2 sessions at the fest banner. I'll just save enough orbs and summon on whatever banner is available. Screw this hero fest.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's the hope.

How would you make AW a gacha, though? Building random units from bases? That would break half of the entire point of the game!

I imagine they will release different COs, units, and skills as drops.

Everyone will have access to Andy and maybe a few other non broken COs. Getting the same CO will allow you to merge them to unlock their CO Power with the first merge and Super CO Power with the second merge. Each merge following that will allow you unlock a skill slot.

Each player can only produce Infantry, Tanks, AA, Artillery, Copters, Fighters, Destroyers, and Landers in the beginning. Spamming Infantry should allow most players to beat the AI. Mega Tanks and Battleships will have to be unlocked through pulling them. Similar to COs, pulling the same unit will allow you to merge them and increase their Veteran status when you build them.

Skills are pretty self explanatory, and you can merge them for a stronger effect.

I imagine Colin, Sensi, and Kanbei to be the new Reinhardts and Hectors. Colin and Sensi can swarm the enemy into submission, while Kanbei will domininate on predeployment maps with no production.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

I imagine they will release different COs, units, and skills as drops.

Everyone will have access to Andy and maybe a few other non broken COs. Getting the same CO will allow you to merge them to unlock their CO Power with the first merge and Super CO Power with the second merge. Each merge following that will allow you unlock a skill slot.

Each player can only produce Infantry, Tanks, AA, Artillery, Copters, Fighters, Destroyers, and Landers in the beginning. Spamming Infantry should allow most players to beat the AI. Mega Tanks and Battleships will have to be unlocked through pulling them. Similar to COs, pulling the same unit will allow you to merge them and increase their Veteran status when you build them.

Skills are pretty self explanatory, and you can merge them for a stronger effect.

I imagine Colin, Sensi, and Kanbei to be the new Reinhardts and Hectors. Colin and Sensi can swarm the enemy into submission, while Kanbei will domininate on predeployment maps with no production.

AWBW tier can basically win with just infantry, tanks, artillery, and the occasional AA, especially if B Copters are around.

Skills as in the Dual Strike system?

Can I add Hachi and Grit to the broken CO group (also Javier with multiple Towers)?

I kinda gave up and spent Orbs on Hero's Feast, but we should be due for a Banner this weekend.  It's been 2 weeks since the last one, and the Banners always come about every two weeks.

41 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

AWBW tier can basically win with just infantry, tanks, artillery, and the occasional AA, especially if B Copters are around.

Skills as in the Dual Strike system?

Can I add Hachi and Grit to the broken CO group (also Javier with multiple Towers)?

Grit can't be broken in the same system where Javier exist lol

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That's like saying Reinhardt can't be broken in the same system where Julia exists.

Reinhardt is COUNTERED by Julia which is a huge difference from Grit getting shafted by the game completely in Dual Strike(the game where Javier exist). IIRC Dual Strike iteration of Grit is actually considered the worst CO in the game

The closer comparison is Healers being terrible in FEH because they got shafted from not having positioning support that make them game breaking for 15 games straight

Edited by JSND

I've promoted three Pallas to 4* today.

One to give Goad Fliers to Michalis, one to give it to Catria, and one I'm actually training who will soon join them at 5*.

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Reinhardt is COUNTERED by Julia which is a huge difference from Grit getting shafted by the game completely in Dual Strike(the game where Javier exist). IIRC Dual Strike iteration of Grit is actually considered the worst CO in the game

Beyond Javier, what is wrong with Grit in DS? I remembering hearing something about Black Bombs effectively hurting defensive strategies, but I can't think of anything else that might render Grit terrible.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beyond Javier, what is wrong with Grit in DS? I remembering hearing something about Black Bombs effectively hurting defensive strategies, but I can't think of anything else that might render Grit terrible.

Apparently, it's because of faster CO Powers.

I would love to see a thanksgiving banner on fire emblem heroes. The Units would be Marth, Palla, Lucina, and Xander. Marth and Palla would be dressed up as native Americans and Xander and Lucinda would be dressed up as pilgrims. Lucian would have a cooked turkey as a green weapon, Xander would have a bowl of gravy as a blue mags weapon, Marth would have a cranberry as a dagger weapon and Palla would have a corn bow. All of the weapons would have renewal 2 built into them.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I would love to see a thanksgiving banner on fire emblem heroes. The Units would be Marth, Palla, Lucina, and Xander. Marth and Palla would be dressed up as native Americans and Xander and Lucinda would be dressed up as pilgrims. Lucian would have a cooked turkey as a green weapon, Xander would have a bowl of gravy as a blue mags weapon, Marth would have a cranberry as a dagger weapon and Palla would have a corn bow. All of the weapons would have renewal 2 built into them.

I don't think Thanksgiving is a thing in Japan, so they likely wouldn't do one for Thanksgiving.

To be honest, I'm a bit tired of Holiday Banners.  We've had 3 in 3 months, and all these holiday banners are delaying lots of characters that I'd like to see in the game.  Apparently there's going to be a Halloween and Christmas Banner, and that's more than enough.