• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There actually was no Spd penalty on Brave weapons in Fates, just Def and Res -4.

It was steel weapons that had the -5 penalty.

Ranged physical weapons also couldn't double.

Brave weapons probably had the speed penalty implemented here for balance reasons. People already prioritize the things to the point that I'm certain an anti-brave skill is in development, just imagine if that speed penalty wasn't there.

@Vaximillian ew no. breakable weapons were annoying and added nothing. penalties may be arbitrary, but at least there was a smidge more thought in using them (or lack there of) and a bit of uniqueness to them.

Edited by r_n

1 minute ago, r_n said:

It was steel weapons that had the -5 penalty.

Ranged physical weapons also couldn't double.

Brave weapons probably had the speed penalty implemented here for balance reasons. People already prioritize the things to the point that I'm certain an anti-brave skill is in development, just imagine if that speed penalty wasn't there.

41 Speed on LoD Brave Hana?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy: whatever, bring breakable weapons back and get rid of arbitrary penalties.

Fates' weapon systems was actually pretty good; only downside was forges. Breakable weapons just don't work with how they structure FE games nowadays, as Awakening showed.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fates' weapon systems was actually pretty good; only downside was forges. Breakable weapons just don't work with how they structure FE games nowadays, as Awakening showed.

I slapped Armsthrift on everybody I could.

So, are we going to be stuck with the same Bonus Arena units for the whole month?  Also, I'm not sure why they cut back on the biweekly GHB schedule.  It's not like they're in danger of running out of villains to use any time soon.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Even in the earlier (well, mid-range) games, it never really worked. There's a very slim portion of time where it actually matters to watch your weapons, otherwise it's not a big deal at all unless you buy a bunch of the wrong weapon on accident. At worst, generally, it as just a minor annoyance. The penalties Fates had could be pretty harsh (especially on the S Rank weapons, which i think went a smidge too far), but over all was a much more interesting system that I'd hope they tweak moving forward. Or at least go with Echoes' idea

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

So, are we going to be stuck with the same Bonus Arena units for the whole month?  Also, I'm not sure why they cut back on the biweekly GHB schedule.  It's not like they're in danger of running out of villains to use any time soon.

If they're still there next rotation, I'm using Hana instead, lack of Brave Sword be damned.

(Besides, I might as well make giving her her Brave Sword the next promotion, now that I'm pretty close).

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yay, game design.

Genealogy’s item system with a repair shop was a way to go. Pawn shop was a pain, and balance was non-existent, but at least here the team hit the spot.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay, game design.

Genealogy’s item system with a repair shop was a way to go. Pawn shop was a pain, and balance was non-existent, but at least here the team hit the spot.

YES IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!! They should bring it back and make swords not op

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

With a new banner presumably coming in a few days, I'm sure they'll rotate the bonus units. Maybe Clive will take the GHB slot.

I wouldn't mind the Tempest Freebie unit getting the bonus treatment in future rotations.  I was honestly expecting some news on the next Banner tonight, since that would have kept with the schedule, where it usually lasts about 15 days.

I'll train up Clive, since at the very least, he can fit into a Horse Emblem team that needs an extra Lance.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beyond Javier, what is wrong with Grit in DS? I remembering hearing something about Black Bombs effectively hurting defensive strategies, but I can't think of anything else that might render Grit terrible.

As phineas said COP

Infantry charges COP around iirc 5 times faster or something crazy like that in AWDS. The thing that makes Grit the worst is iirc the direct unit nerd

Javier actually didnt matter i only worded it like that because Javier iirc comes from Dual Strike

Beyond Javier, what is wrong with Grit in DS? I remembering hearing something about Black Bombs effectively hurting defensive strategies, but I can't think of anything else that might render Grit terrible.

As phineas said COP

Infantry charges COP around iirc 5 times faster or something crazy like that in AWDS. The thing that makes Grit the worst is iirc the direct unit nerd

Javier actually didnt matter i only worded it like that because Javier iirc comes from Dual Strike

Just now, r_n said:

Even in the earlier (well, mid-range) games, it never really worked. There's a very slim portion of time where it actually matters to watch your weapons, otherwise it's not a big deal at all unless you buy a bunch of the wrong weapon on accident. At worst, generally, it as just a minor annoyance. The penalties Fates had could be pretty harsh (especially on the S Rank weapons, which i think went a smidge too far), but over all was a much more interesting system that I'd hope they tweak moving forward. Or at least go with Echoes' idea

I kinda disagree with how breakable weapons added nothing to the series. In games like Thracia, where resources and gold were extremely scarce unless you went through some hoops to capture people etc., the concern of resource management and weapon durability was extremely real. And while availability of generic weapons became much less of a concern in the GBA era, the system also served as a balance against personal weapons, like the Mani Katti; the royal weapons absolutely ripped Fates apart.

The downsides are that it feels extremely lame having to hoard more special weapons all the time when playing blind, in case you need them later. Sacred Stones tried to circumvent this by giving free stuff often, but that also made the game even easier.

28 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The real fucking reason fates system sucks is because Mess Hall and Forge requires farmable resource from online which is ridiculously dumb. Extra dumb when the game itself already have a countermeasure to them 

Thracia suffers the exact same issue as the one you talk about Sacred Stones tbh. This is the game with 30+ use Omega Hand Axe, Brave Axe, and Brave Lance all in chapter 1

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

The real fucking reason fates system sucks is because Mess Hall and Forge requires farmable resource from online which is ridiculously dumb

Thracia suffers the exact same issue as the one you talk about Sacred Stones lol

Aside from that, Iron forges also made Steel and Silver completely useless.

Thracia and SS are different in that SS actually gives you gold to begin with, and has a world map to freely buy weapons on, yet still gives you free shit every other chapter.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

AWBW tier can basically win with just infantry, tanks, artillery, and the occasional AA, especially if B Copters are around.

Skills as in the Dual Strike system?

Can I add Hachi and Grit to the broken CO group (also Javier with multiple Towers)?

Yeah, skills as in the Dual Strike system. I give Colin all the cost reduction skills and use a couple of CO Powers to give myself near infinite money and then I just spam whatever unit I want for the rest of the map.

Oh yeah, Hachi is broken too. I am not sure about Grit being broken though. Javier's invincibility is pretty neat when you put Comm Towers under your control in custom maps.

Because more broken COs exist and Infantry spam is the best overall strategy. It depends on the map whether Infantry spam is viable, but generally on most maps, Infantry spam is the go to strategy to build up your economy and exert more map control.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I would love to see a thanksgiving banner on fire emblem heroes. The Units would be Marth, Palla, Lucina, and Xander. Marth and Palla would be dressed up as native Americans and Xander and Lucinda would be dressed up as pilgrims. Lucian would have a cooked turkey as a green weapon, Xander would have a bowl of gravy as a blue mags weapon, Marth would have a cranberry as a dagger weapon and Palla would have a corn bow. All of the weapons would have renewal 2 built into them.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think Thanksgiving is a thing in Japan, so they likely wouldn't do one for Thanksgiving.

We already exported Halloween to Japan, so we might as well export Thanksgiving too.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Me too. Farming for legendary weapons was kind of boring.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Aside from that, Iron forges also made Steel and Silver completely useless.

Thracia and SS are different in that SS actually gives you gold to begin with, and has a world map to freely buy weapons on, yet still gives you free shit every other chapter.

Lets simplify it by saying SoV weapon system is GOAT

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

Lets simplify it by saying SoV weapon system is GOAT

I actually still like Fates' more overall, just because I like the idea of different weapons suiting different purposes and situations, instead of mostly just straight upgrades. The Speed penalties barely matter, because of how Speed tiers work in Echoes.

I like the idea of making special weapons out of normal ones from Echoes, but aside from that, I honestly want forging gone completely, or at least reworked such that clear winners don't exist (or aren't as easy to decide).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

19 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually still like Fates' more overall, just because I like the idea of different weapons suiting different purposes and situations, instead of mostly just straight upgrades. The Speed penalties barely matter, because of how Speed tiers work in Echoes.

I like the idea of making special weapons out of normal ones from Echoes, but aside from that, I honestly want forging gone completely, or at least reworked such that clear winners don't exist (or aren't as easy to decide).

12 forging on Lunatic is the whackest

basically forces you to make a forged bow for chapter 2 lol

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Since Heroes seems to be in a Echoes mood, why not the next grand hero battle after Valter be a villain from Echoes. It will probably be either Rudolf or Jeddah. I hope it's Jedah.

We just had Berkut last, so maybe someone from a different game.

Can I get advice on how to beat the fourth map on the second squad assault? What type of units to bring and strategies? I can't kill anyone in that damn stage.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Can I get advice on how to beat the fourth map on the second squad assault? What type of units to bring and strategies? I can't kill anyone in that damn stage.

The one with Camus and Michalis? Probably the most important thing is to get a horse to bait away the Red Mage Cav so that Camus goes down the right alone, so that your Green homewrecker can blow him up without fear. The same Green unit should be able to murder or cripple the Lance peg, and then hurt Michalis. Have other people finish those two off if needed. The Mage Cav will be left alone.