Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

All right, those are all really nice to keep in mind. Thanks guys. Would any +speed skills save him at all, or is his mediocre speed a lost cause at this point and just focus on making him more offensive? I haven't pulled a vantage user yet, and I can't recall if any of my units have brash attack either.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Alfonse is mostly overshadowed by the mulitude of better Sword users, and since he's 2* to start with, he seems crappy compared to everybody else.  Even Sharena doesn't really shine until you promote her a couple times.

Even at 2 star though, I got much better use out of Sharena than I did Alfonse. Mainly because she was fast AND could hit pretty hard. Aflonse only has strength as far as I can see.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What do you guys think would be a good skill to put on Alfonse via skill inheritance?

Wary Fighter would problably be one of the best skills for him because the enemies couldn't double attack him.

An another good one could be Brash Assault.

Now that I think about it, it seems like the intention of Skill Inheritance is to make lower-tier units more viable with more useful skills. But seems like you'll be able to slap great skills on high-tier units for the most part as well. I hope it doesn't completely break the game for that reason...

Oh yeah, I've ensured that I'll get at least 2400 more feathers soon! (which is how much I needed to exceed 20000) I'll get at least 1200 from the arena and 1300 from the gauntlet. That adds up to 2500 total. ^^

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

All right, those are all really nice to keep in mind. Thanks guys. Would any +speed skills save him at all, or is his mediocre speed a lost cause at this point and just focus on making him more offensive? I haven't pulled a vantage user yet, and I can't recall if any of my units have brash attack either.

Brash Assault is on Bartre, Hinata, and Seliph if you have any of those.

His Spd caps out at 25 at 5 stars. Darting Blow to replace Death Blow would allow him to double attack =Spd Chrom and =Spd and -Spd Hector and Julia, if that matters. Threaten Spd gets you the same minus =Spd Julia.

If you're trying to avoid being double attacked, Wary Fighter will be better than any of the Spd-boosting abilities. If you're trying to land more hits, Brash Assault and Quick Riposte are your best bets.

In terms of Threaten skills if you feel like replacing Spur Atk, Alphonse is probably best off with Threaten Atk or Threaten Def to either take less damage or deal more damage.

EDIT: Against any opponent that double attacks Alphonse, Quick Riposte will fully charge Sol for the first attack of your next turn. Brash Assault will activate Sol on the second hit of your player-phase attack instead of the first hit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

You know what, what do you guys think I should give Freddy with the skill inheritance? I'm about to make him 5 star soon, so why not? Something to help his speed? Or his res? Or against red units? Or what?

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know what, what do you guys think I should give Freddy with the skill inheritance? I'm about to make him 5 star soon, so why not? Something to help his speed? Or his res? Or against red units? Or what?

Fred's speed is on the low side, so Wary Fighter would be nice.  Conversely Quick Riposte would give him a double when attacked.  I don't think you can have both.  Vantage is nice on everybody, as is distant counter.  Obstruct would be nice for protecting the back lines and would fit with his personality.  Those are a few I can think of off-hand.

Hey guys, I would appreciate some help. Does anyone have reliable base stats of MRobin at 5*? Mine is supposed to be a neutral nature pretty sure but if I were to promote him his base Atk would be 14?

According to https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/robin-m it should be 18. The other stats are all correct but my Robin seems to have way lower Atk for some reason?

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It really depends on what you want him to do.

Frederick's Spd is basically in the same boat as Alphonse's. If you don't mind not having Wings of Mercy, the same argument with Brash Assault and Quick Riposte applies. Luna is on a 3-charge cooldown, which is a bit more lenient than Alphonse's Sol's 4.

Death Blow is probably a good skill to add to get more damage. Switching his weapon to a Silver Axe might also help if you find his Hammer not performing well against anything not named Effie and Hector.

You might be able to run Brave Axe with Wary Fighter because the Brave weapon's innate double attack is not considered a follow-up attack. I believe =Atk Frederick ends up with 43 Atk with a Brave Axe+, which is much more usable than Camilla's 38 Atk (not to mention situationally better mobility and no weakness to bows).

Wary Fighter with his default Hammer should prevent Hector's Armads's Quick Riposte 2 from activating.

If you are running multiple cavalry units, you can replace Fortify Def with one of the cavalry-specific buffs.

Wary Fighter sounds too fitting. XD Remember how Chrom and Lissa call him Frederick the Wary? lol

I don't think any of my characters can get those skills though... I'd have to pull for them in the future.

3 minutes ago, hunty said:

Hey guys, I would appreciate some help. Does anyone have reliable base stats of MRobin at 5*? Mine is supposed to be a neutral nature pretty sure but if I were to promote him his base Atk would be 14?

According to https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/robin-m it should be 18. The other stats are all correct but my Robin seems to have way lower Atk for some reason?

Weapon Might.

My stats thread and the wikia both have information on stats with weapons de-equipped.

EDIT: 5-star Robin has 14 Atk base with Blarraven (not Blarraven+) equipped.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weapon Might.

My stats thread and the wikia both have information on stats with weapons de-equipped.

Ahhh that's right, I'm an idiot. Thank you haha!

After writing up the Wary Fighter with Brave Axe argument for Frederick, I just realized...

That would be amazing for Reinhardt, the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to Spd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

After writing up the Wary Fighter with Brave Axe argument for Frederick, I just realized...

That would be amazing for Reinhardt, the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to Spd.

If I knew the limitations of Skill Inheritance, I might be able to get more excited about it.  I like the idea of raising up lower tier units, by adding a few select skills, but if Arena turns into Stratum 10, with 1-2 Counter on everybody, it will be a lot less fun.  For one, not everyone has access to those in the first place, so only the biggest of whales will be able to do it, further punishing F2Ps.  As it is right now, the power gap isn't too bad, since F2Ps can put together a decent Arena team, but since you have to sacrifice units to inherit skills, it will be tough, if you can't spend money on Orbs.

In other news, I finally promoted my Nino to 5*.  Once I get Leo and Olwen to 40, I'll need to power level her.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

What do you guys think would be a good skill to put on Alfonse via skill inheritance?

Imo Brash Assault would be a good option, but Seliph has it already and he isn't stellar with it. As it is a B slot skill I think Vantage/Wary Fighter or a breaker skill might be good for him.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brash Attack or Quick Riposte to help him get in more hits to charge up Sol and somewhat mitigate his low Spd.

Quick Riposte looks good on paper but that's acentuate his range 2 weakness, as most people will avoid melee combat on him and any mage will wreck him, or Klein or Takumi, so Quick riposte's benefit will be pretty much null since he'll face tanks.

I believe he'll be unable to equip Wary Fighter as I feel that skill is locked to knights. So my 2 cents go to Brash assault or a breaker skill, or Renewal or whatever.

Actually, going indepth regarding Alfonse, he's a pretty good unit on its own, the problem is that the initial batch of sword units is so big that people don't go into the trouble at training and augmenting him.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In other news, I finally promoted my Nino to 5*.  Once I get Leo and Olwen to 40, I'll need to power level her.

'Grats!

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Quick Riposte looks good on paper but that's acentuate his range 2 weakness, as most people will avoid melee combat on him and any mage will wreck him, or Klein or Takumi, so Quick riposte's benefit will be pretty much null since he'll face tanks.

Depends on if you intend to use him on an offense or a defense team.

I'm typically putting out suggestions for an offense team because the rewards are more significant and you have better control over the outcome. Quick Riposte is fine on an offense team because the AI is easily baited into attacking you at melee range.

I literally put almost no thought into my defense team. I simply put 4 characters together that cover enough bases and is unexpected enough to win me games. It earns me enough points to get the maximum reward, and that's really all that matters to me.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

'Grats!

Depends on if you intend to use him on an offense or a defense team.

I'm typically putting out suggestions for an offense team because the rewards are more significant and you have better control over the outcome. Quick Riposte is fine on an offense team because the AI is easily baited into attacking you at melee range.

I literally put almost no thought into my defense team. I simply put 4 characters together that cover enough bases and is unexpected enough to win me games. It earns me enough points to get the maximum reward, and that's really all that matters to me.

I actually get more defense hits from putting up a team that's all one color (my current is Reinhardt, Ephraim, Sharena, M!Robin all 5* lvl 40). I think it just catches people off guard since most people tend to have a balanced offense team.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I actually get more defense hits from putting up a team that's all one color (my current is Reinhardt, Ephraim, Sharena, M!Robin all 5* lvl 40). I think it just catches people off guard since most people tend to have a balanced offense team.

Since I'm running Olwen as my lead, my defense team isn't quite as strong as usual, but I got one D win, so that's all I really need for the week.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't really have any trouble getting wins, but the intent of my defense team is just to have at least one person out there WTF at it after being matched against and seeing my team (currently +9 Julia, +9 Lucina, +10 Lucina, and +7 Robin (M)).

And Julia has to be on my defense team because the person standing on the top of my castle stairs is required to be adorable, and Julia is my strongest adorable character at the moment.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I don't really have any trouble getting wins, but the intent of my defense team is just to have at least one person out there WTF at it after being matched against and seeing my team (currently +9 Julia, +9 Lucina, +10 Lucina, and +7 Robin (M)).

And Julia has to be on my defense team because the person standing on the top of my castle stairs is required to be adorable, and Julia is my strongest adorable character at the moment.

I can get behind that sentiment. I have Reinhardt as my rep for the event for people without him to do his quest, but afterwards I'm switching right back to Julia <3

Regarding a possible Alfonse build (other characters are just put there for reading enjoyment)...

Alfonse		Fólkvangr	|| Glimmer*, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Seal DEF*, Threaten SPD*
Sharena		Fensalir	|| Luna*, Rally Attack		|| Death Blow*, Renewal*, Fortify DEF
Anna		Nóatún		|| Sol*, Rally Speed*		|| Armored Blow*, Seal ATT*, Fortify RES*
Viron		Silver Bow+	|| Astra, Harsh Command*	|| Darting Blow*, Seal DEF*, Spur Atk*

If we assume that Alfonse can only change passives, that means he will still have Sol and have no Assist Skill (Pivot).

What I tried to do here is intense SPD manipulation with Alfonse. With Defiant SPD and Threaten SPD, his poor 25 SPD rating jumps up to "37 SPD" (for easy base calculations as it is technically +7 to Alfonse and -5 to enemies). Looking at the new handy FE:H Wiki - Speed Chart, having "37 SPD" puts Alfonse on par with Lyn. To go even more super sonic, try having an ally with Spur SPD.

The purpose of the high SPD is to mitigate Alfonse's greatest weakness and to take advantage of his "built-in Defiant Atk" due to his weapon. To help Alfonse assist his allies and the "replicate" Death Blow, I gave him Seal DEF. The alternative is to give Alfonse Desperation so he can become hyper offensive when below half health as he goes on a rampage, especially when paired with a Dancer.
As for the Inherit Skill system, I love customizing units and theorycrafting builds, so thus I feel the same about the new feature. I understand the concerns of "BS" builds and the widening gap between F2P players versus paying players. Yes, getting desired skills will suck to the RNG nature of the Gachapon model, especially if said skill is only found on rare units (say Aether and Galeforce, if transferable). However, thinking of this from a casual standpoint makes me very happy as it may be possible to transform some of my favorite units (Selena, Arthur, Cherche, Mattew, etc.) into something that can compete with the higher tier ones.

At the end of the day, the meta will shift to focus more on raw stats, mobility, and unique weapons/skills instead of individual characters and their starting loadout. There will always be an OP build, like the current prevalence of Takumi. All that needs to be done is to build counters, and for IS to provide the tools to build these counters.

For example, Vantage becomes worthless if the player is more focused on retaliating on the enemy phase or simply one-shots that unit. Ryoma with Vantage? Bring Odin with Death Blow, buff him up, and let him unleash his Eldritch Smackdown. Then, with the rise of Desperation and fast-hitting units, players may want to bring someone more defensive to the team so all those attacks deal little to no damage. Is there a Desperate Lucina? Ephraim says hello as she only does a mere 16 damage to him while he regenerates 10HP in the following turn thanks to Renewal. Heck, Ephram's presence may be so fearsome that Lucina deals even less damage than that due to Threaten ATT.

Then this is not even considering the restrictions that will be put in place. As much as I love the Counter skills and the desire to put Svalinn Shield on Nowi, I believe IS is smart enough to lock those skills to the specific character. Yes, those characters may have a bit of an advantage with their uniques, but I am looking at the perspective of the lower tier units becoming useful and not in fear of the best units only becoming even better. I think the system will be fine and players will adapt after the initial frustration and confusion.

If inheritance is as broken as it sounds, what can Nino get out of it?

Edited by L9999