Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The lowest score I've gotten ranked with is 3,700 something and that placed me at around rank 70,000.

Does anyone know if your defence score is counted towards your rank? Because if it isn't that might be why I ended up pretty low last week despite hitting over 4000 points on offence. 

Also I honestly never used Robin much, I always found Henry to be a better Takumi counter. He has more def, gets to use 80% of it instead of 50% of it to attack and still has weapon advantage. I mean yes, he's slow as hell, but it's not like Robin is fast enough to not get doubled by Takumi anyway.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

That sounds impossible, wtf? I mean unless you win seven straight advanced battles or something.

At higher level Arena, getting seven straight advanced wins without dying is considered the norm/expected. But yeah, 4k sounds about right. Each point makes a much bigger difference than you might think too. The difference between a score of 4.4k and 4.5k is more than 10,000 ranks. 

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

I edited my post to tell you how.

Sorry, took me a sec to type it up and I didn't want to double post.

For the LAST FUCKING TIME. I have NO FIVE STAR UNITS. Stop telling me to use them! Why do I have to keep saying this? I'm getting really annoyed here.

It also takes far too long to level someone to 40. It took me two days to even get someone to lv. 30.

You people need to give me ideas I can actually USE.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That sounds impossible, wtf? I mean unless you win seven straight advanced battles or something.

Actually, I was wrong. Derp. I have 2492 in the Arena currently  and I'm rank 86,011. My apologies.

Edit: But if you want to get more for the bare minimum for ranking, you do need to always do advanced matches.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Actually, I was wrong. Derp. I have 2492 in the Arena currently  and I'm rank 86,011. My apologies.

I can go higher than that if I'm lucky. But that's weird, because I said before that I had a score of almost 3000 once and was still unranked. No fair...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

For the LAST FUCKING TIME. I have NO FIVE STAR UNITS. Stop telling me to use them! Why do I have to keep saying this? I'm getting really annoyed here.

It also takes far too long to level someone to 40. It took me two days to even get someone to lv. 30.

Unfortunately, you aren't going to rank very high, if at all, without any 5-star units. Which is unfortunate because ranking high is how you get feathers in the first place. It's a dumb system, I know. Once Frederick gets up to 5* though, you should be able to start doing higher levels of Arena, which will in turn make it easier for you to get more feathers. 

And it really doesn't take that long to level people up. You can easily get a character from level 1 to level 40 in a single morning (which is what I actually did earlier today). 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also guys! Better hope you get teamed with focus characters in the gauntlet. I was given an Olwen and KOing people with her got me 20 blue great badges! Using those characters in the gauntlet counts toward the focus quests!

Thank you whoever gave me Olwen! I'll use those to upgrade Sharena to 5 star in the future. Though getting another 20000 feathers won't be easy...

I got a Reinhardt...with another blue and Tiki that got taken down by Julia solo. It's also my only loss. :P I think Reinhardt even took someone down and it didn't count. Welp.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Whoa, whoa. Calm down.

Don't worry about not having 5 star units... yet. We're still getting 2 orbs every day, plus another 20 coming down the tree from this whole "voting gauntlet" thing. Plus, the story mode should give you well over 100, so if you haven't beaten it, get that done.

Plus the Paralogues each give you 9, so there's another 27, plus each of the launch bonuses give you 3, for another 15.

But the level 40 thing is really important. You're using your shards and crystals, right? Use those to skip ahead a bit.

Also the training tower is the most efficient way to level up. It doesn't take super long.

Edited by dragonlordsd

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I got a Reinhardt...with another blue and Tiki that got taken down by Julia solo. It's also my only loss. :P I think Reinhardt even took someone down and it didn't count. Welp.

I have Reinhardt currently set as my rep, so if you need to do the quest, you're welcome to add me! I also have an Eldigan if you need me to switch. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Unfortunately, you aren't going to rank very high, if at all, without any 5-star units. Which is unfortunate because ranking high is how you get feathers in the first place. It's a dumb system, I know. Once Frederick gets up to 5* though, you should be able to start doing higher levels of Arena, which will in turn make it easier for you to get more feathers. 

And it really doesn't take that long to level people up. You can easily get a character from level 1 to level 40 in a single morning (which is what I actually did earlier today). 

Well, feathers to upgrade him are what I'm trying to get in the first place. That doesn't sound fair at all when 20000 is really really steep.

And you couldn't have. I've used stamina potions more than once a day and I still didn't get a character much higher than 30. I use a healer and dancer to help sometimes too. Also, stamina potions are limited. I would rather not abuse them.

I'd rather save my orbs to try for Ike later. Ike is bound to be really good anyway since he's Ike.

I don't have enough crystals to level up anyone that's past lv. 20. And for some reason, my Robin needs more crystals than Jagen to get to lv. 32 and both are lv. 31. Wtf.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, feathers to upgrade him are what I'm trying to get in the first place. That doesn't sound fair at all when 20000 is really really steep.

And you couldn't have. I've used stamina potions more than once a day and I still didn't get a character much higher than 30. I use a healer and dancer to help sometimes too. Also, stamina potions are limited. I would rather not abuse them.

It goes a lot faster if you focus on the one character you're trying to train and babysit them with 3 other units. For me personally, I have the unit I'm training, Sharena (for Rally Attack and the Def aura), Ryoma (for Hone Speed, but Ryoma is interchangeable with any character that gives buffs, really. Like a unit with Spur Attack for instance), and a dancer (Olivia in my case), which speeds things up considerably. Also this setup allows me to consistently take on Stratums of a higher level than the person I'm training because of the buffs and ability to hit twice with a dancer. Having a healer instead of a secondary buffer could also be a good idea. I can generally start doing Stratums 8-10 by the time my unit is in the early 30s, so it goes by decently fast. 

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Whoa, whoa. Calm down.

Also, yeah, sorry about that. It's just that like a dozen people have said to me "use five star units" and all that and I've said numerous times that I don't have any and the whole point of my trying for higher arena scores is to get enough to upgrade someone.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have enough crystals to level up anyone that's past lv. 20. And for some reason, my Robin needs more crystals than Jagen to get to lv. 32 and both are lv. 31. Wtf.

You're out of crystals? Did you do all of the "shards and crystals" missions? Cause there are a ton of those. I still haven't cleared all the hard ones yet, much less the lunatic ones.

Yeah, five stars only make a difference at the higher levels, when you're trying to get from rank 50,000 to 49.999. Those little extra points.

It's the level 40 thing that's killing you. You need those extra stats.

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

You're out of crystals? Did you do all of the "shards and crystals" missions? Cause there are a ton of those. I still haven't cleared all the hard ones yet, much less the lunatic ones.

No, I only have 300 blue ones, which both Robin and Jagen need, and both need like 800 just to level up once. And the shards and crystals missions only give you yellow ones.

Edited by Anacybele

No, I only have 300 blue ones, which both Robin and Jagen need, and both need like 800 just to level up once.

You don't need blue ones. The universal ones work as well (they're yellowish in color). You might need a few more of them, but you can get thousands from the missions.

No, I only have 300 blue ones, which both Robin and Jagen need, and both need like 800 just to level up once.

Huh, I managed to level up Sully from 39 to 40 with less than 300 Blue crystals, because it also burnt some of the yellow ones. How many yellows do you have?

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

You don't need blue ones. The universal ones work as well (they're yellowish in color). You might need a few more of them, but you can get thousands from the missions.

Yeah, I do need blue ones. That's what the requirements show. I only have 300 yellow ones as well, btw.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It goes a lot faster if you focus on the one character you're trying to train and babysit them with 3 other units.

Well yeah, this is what I try to do. But sometimes the unit you're trying to train doesn't get favorable matchups. My units sometimes get killed too, and though that's only on higher stratums, that's where they'd get the most exp. Light's Blessings are limited too, and I only use them if I really need to.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

???

Double checking.

I did the same before making that post. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Well yeah, this is what I try to do. But sometimes the unit you're trying to train doesn't get favorable matchups. My units sometimes get killed too, and though that's only on higher stratums, that's where they'd get the most exp. Light's Blessings are limited too, and I only use them if I really need to.

How many universals do you have?

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, yeah, sorry about that. It's just that like a dozen people have said to me "use five star units" and all that and I've said numerous times that I don't have any and the whole point of my trying for higher arena scores is to get enough to upgrade someone.

When I had no fives I did 3 advanced and 4 intermediates. You need to not die on any of the intermediates and up to 3 deaths on advanced for a pretty good score. To get ranked you're gonna need to do a full advanced run which unfortunately isn't an option for you, unless you're up to the task. Basically, what I'm saying is, it's impossible to do without 5 stars.

Also with shards/crystals remember that SHARDS is used for level 20 or lower and CRYSTALS are used for level 21 higher. So Ana might have a lot of shards but her crystals are probably low. Like me, I have like 8,000 shards but only 500 crystals. Ana is right, they only give universal crystals which are useless for 20 plus. They should have some sort of conversion system

Edited by Arcanite

A neat little trick if you can see the matchups won't be favorable is to reset the matchups by going to Stratum One and then surrendering. This will change all of the stratums to have different units, and it only costs one stamina (which is nothing, since it refills in 5 minutes). 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Figured it out.

Remember when I said you needed "a few" more universal crystals instead? Make that "A LOT" more crystals. I can do it with no blue crystals, but it costs like 5,000 universal crystals.

Edit: Just remembered, the training tower gives out blue shards and crystals on Wednesdays. So, if you do some of the higher stratums today, you can probably pick up a few.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Okay here is how shards/crystals work.

The amount of need is the amount of exp needed to reach the next level. You can check that on the characters status screen. So a lvl 39 character that is aaalmost 40 will need less crystals for a level up than a level 31 character that has no exp.

If you don't have enough crystals it will always show what you need as blue/green/red/grey crystals. You can definitely replace these with the yellow universal ones though, the amount needed will be the same. It's just how the game displays it (since it would probably be confusing if it showed the ammount split between different colours).

Also doing the shards & crystal quests won't help, since despite the name, it only gives out shards and those just get you to level 20. You'd be drowning in shards after doing them which will help when starting out new units, but after level 20 you will probably have to level them the normal way.