• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. I thought you guys were saying you got them already, oopsie. :P

My thoughts exactly. I could swear some people said they got their orbs already.

DAMN IT.

Whyyyy. I'm fighting my next battle in the Gauntlet with not one, but TWO Freddy Bears. BUT THE ENEMY IS TWO SWORDS AND A BOW. Noooo. I'd love to win with double Freddy Bear power.

EDIT: YAY I won anyhow! Huge disadvantage, but somehow the Freddys and Alfonse could tank all the attacks well enough. ^^ FREDDY BEAR POWER!

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Google Translate says:

【About Skill Inheritance ①】

· You can take up to 3 skills from one hero at a time
· Inherited skills will be in a mastered state
· To acquire inherited skills, you need 1.5 times the normal SP

【About Skill Inheritance ②】

In addition, special skills specialized for heroes such as "Falcion" can not be handed over. Also, skill may not be handed over depending on the weapon type and movement type of the hero of the handover destination.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Wait a second... "Specialized Skills such as Falchion cannot be swapped."

Does this mean we can also change weapons around? If we can swap weapons (Silvers, Braves, Killers, Armorslayers, Gems), I'm practically certain we will have full reign over skill selection, including the Special Skill, the Assist Skill, and the three passives. // On the other hand, I assume specialized skills such as the Counters and Svalinn Shield to be locked to their respective characters. If those were unlocked though, the possibilities...

Weapon Type and Movement Type restrictions make sense. I guess I won't be able to put a Lancebreaker on a Red Sword user...
No matter. Swordbreaker Ephraim will likely be a go! Give him more swords. More!

Suddenly, my calls of Close/Distant Counter & Vantage everywhere don't sound so unlikely, but at the same time, sound terrifying.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Suddenly, my calls of Close/Distant Counter & Vantage everywhere don't sound so unlikely, but at the same time, sound terrifying.

I know, right? I'm almost dreading the moment when I have to step into the arena. Spooky.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I know, right? I'm almost dreading the moment when I have to step into the arena. Spooky.

I just wish I had a Takumi/Hector to pull these dang skills from, so I can keep up with confidence!

16 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Keep in mind that some skills are "unique" and cannot be passed on. I'm hoping that this is the case for the counter skills.

11 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I just wish I had a Takumi/Hector to pull these dang skills from, so I can keep up with confidence!

Yeah, I gave them a try (somebody lent me them in the gauntlet) and I can see first-hand why they are so good.
(I have fought against them in the arena, but fighting with them is another thing entirely)

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Keep in mind that some skills are "unique" and cannot be passed on. I'm hoping that this is the case for the counter skills.

Yeah, this. I don't have anybody with such skills either (because I don't have Takumi or Hector). And they could probably break the meta into little pieces if people could put them on everybody.

Ugh not looking forward to skill inheritance at all. Whyyyy? Part of the fun for me was the individuality of these different characters but now every units is gonna run around with the most broken skills.

Just now, hunty said:

Ugh not looking forward to skill inheritance at all. Whyyyy? Part of the fun for me was the individuality of these different characters but now every units is gonna run around with the most broken skills.

Well it's a gacha game so something like this was gonna happen eventually. Now you're gonna see takumis with savage blow XD. Might stop playing after that update comes out though . . . .

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well it's a gacha game so something like this was gonna happen eventually. Now you're gonna see takumis with savage blow XD. Might stop playing after that update comes out though . . . .

I guess haha but they could have at least waited another month or two. The only good thing I see coming from this is being able to balance and cancel out unfortunate banes with specific skills.

I'm dreading skill inheritance. Imagine Linde running around with Blarblade. Or Takumi with Savage Blow and Vantage. Sure, you lose the units in the process but who cares when you can spend a ton of money on spare units?

A lot of FE games aren't that balanced but this is just stupid unbalanced. Like the developers have thrown balance out of the window entirely.

9 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

I'm dreading skill inheritance. Imagine Linde running around with Blarblade. Or Takumi with Savage Blow and Vantage. Sure, you lose the units in the process but who cares when you can spend a ton of money on spare units?

I imagine the demand for Miracle units will be high, in the interest of trying to give everybody Miracle to save their skin with. IDK though w/ that 5 counter

10 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

A lot of FE games aren't that balanced but this is just stupid unbalanced. Like the developers have thrown balance out of the window entirely.

Like they just wrote balance on a piece of paper, crumpled it up and threw it out the window. Nintendo has succeeded in making a gacha game and disguising it as "Fire Emblem" while leeching off of their die hard fans for butt loads of moo-la. That's the reason why it's unbalanced. Unbalanced motivates the whales to feed again, and the free to players will be trampled in the process.

I'm really not liking the skill inheritance things. It's going to make arena a nightmare. 

The prospect of Vantage Takumis or WaryFighter/Swordbreaker Hector is enough to make me consider stop playing the game once it's implemented. Add that I also feel like it's going to detracts from the fun of getting new characters with their unique set up and I'm pretty sure I'll stop playing not long after its implemented.

I don't see how this is a good business move. I haven't seen a lot of people hyped for it and if a lot of free players, occasional spenders and even some whales stop playing, I'm unsure that a subset of whales that will start paying more will be able to compensate.

Meanwhile I just have this nice lonqu packaged up for Ryoma to get vantage off of just like canon
Not a fan of the prospects either but if it's coming might as well use what i got-- the sp restrictions are probably not even worth it because like, if you've been using, say, Takumi, as your main arena offense force, he's got about 1200 sp completely unused for me right now. It's so easy to get an entire chain off it.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been training my effie and in the upper stratums I've been using Nino to drag her around for positioning, and the mental image is just hilarious there, where tiny nino drags an entire armor across the battlefield.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

the mental image is just hilarious there, where tiny nino drags an entire armor across the battlefield.

Lumi I'm tempted to commission you to draw that

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

I fucking just might

Don't forget, that video where Lilina keeps repositioning her dad..that's moving a hunk of armor two tiles

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Don't forget, that video where Lilina keeps repositioning her dad..that's moving a hunk of armor two tiles

Best video

someone already drew a comic of that tho

10 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

On a completely unrelated note, I've been training my effie and in the upper stratums I've been using Nino to drag her around for positioning, and the mental image is just hilarious there, where tiny nino drags an entire armor across the battlefield.

She's doing her best!

There's a small chance that skill inheritance may be balanced but I'm not buying it, if they give us some skill scrolls sure... but I doubt that will happen because money... Who's ready for tanks with renewal making Fae rather useless

Okay, how the fuck did a Merric get to attack on MY turn in the Arena? That's cheating! I would've won otherwise because my Robin would've activated her offensive skill and killed him. That was the most fucked up shit ever.

Edited by Anacybele