Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

When I had no fives I did 3 advanced and 4 intermediates. You need to not die on any of the intermediates and up to 3 deaths on advanced for a pretty good score. To get ranked you're gonna need to do a full advanced run which unfortunately isn't an option for you, unless you're up to the task. Basically, what I'm saying is, it's impossible to do without 5 stars.

That is really unfair to people like me who weren't lucky enough to pull a 5 star unit. I could've rerolled when I first started the game, but it didn't cross my mind.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That is really unfair to people like me who weren't lucky enough to pull a 5 star unit. I could've rerolled when I first started the game, but it didn't cross my mind.

Well, we'll get another 20 orbs in a few days, so try again then.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

When I had no fives I did 3 advanced and 4 intermediates. You need to not die on any of the intermediates and up to 3 deaths on advanced for a pretty good score.

Except I always lose one or two people, sometimes three. I'm not an expert strategist. >_>

Well, we'll get another 20 orbs in a few days, so try again then.

No. I'm waiting until Ike is added. Though it feels like it'll be a very long time before that happens.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

The amount of need is the amount of exp needed to reach the next level. You can check that on the characters status screen. So a lvl 39 character that is aaalmost 40 will need less crystals for a level up than a level 31 character that has no exp.

For clarity, a unit that's Level 21 and alllllllllllmost level 22 will need say, 50 <Color> Crystals to bump up to 22. A unit that just turned Level 21 will need roughly 740 (since 740 is the EXP required to bump to Lv22).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except I always lose one or two people, sometimes three. I'm not an expert strategist. >_>

I remember you said that before. Just try and think a few turns ahead and remember that the AI always attacks what's in front of it. The directive the AI follows is to get kills as effecient as possible while taking the least amount of damage as possible. Which is why they'll sometimes deal 0 to a bow user instead of dealing 20 and taking 10 from anywhere else. Also pay attention to your stats and always make sure you know who can hit where. If you see a Sanaki say "who can take a hit from her?" "What do I plan on killing her with?" "Does _____ have enough speed to double her?" You're not a competitive player though so I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I remember you said that before. Just try and think a few turns ahead and remember that the AI always attacks what's in front of it. The directive the AI follows is to get kills as effecient as possible while taking the least amount of damage as possible. Which is why they'll sometimes deal 0 to a bow user instead of dealing 20 and taking 10 from anywhere else. Also pay attention to your stats and always make sure you know who can hit where. If you see a Sanaki say "who can take a hit from her?" "What do I plan on killing her with?" "Does _____ have enough speed to double her?" You're not a competitive player though so I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

The AI seems very unpredictable to me though. I do try to answer those questions you listed though.

But hey, lookit that, an arena ranking. It's like 95000, but it's there. :P It probably won't last though, so once I somehow level my guys up a bit more, I should try for a better score.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The AI seems very unpredictable to me though. I do try to answer those questions you listed though.

But hey, lookit that, an arena ranking. It's like 95000, but it's there. :P It probably won't last though, so once I somehow level my guys up a bit more, I should try for a better score.

The AI is actually pretty predictable, barring dancer teams. There was a short video I saw on reddit a while back on how to predict AI behavior in Heroes. I'll see if I can find it again for you. 

EDIT: Ah yes, here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-zYQeEGJQ

Hopefully you find it at least somewhat helpful.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The AI is actually pretty predictable, barring dancer teams. There was a short video I saw on reddit a while back on how to predict AI behavior in Heroes. I'll see if I can find it again for you. 

Okay, that's fine.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, it depends really heavily on what you're using. I almost always see either Hector or Effie. The bonuses they give are really solid. Ten or twenty more points makes a huge difference in the global rankings.

@Anacybele Here's the trick:

1. Use all 5 stars

2. Use as many lvl 40 units as you can.

3. Always pick "advanced."

By doing this, you should usually get between 500-600 medals every round, sometimes more if you're lucky. This means you should get somewhere between 3500-4200 without bonuses.

Bonuses will help you a little bit, and ensure you stay above 4000, which should be enough to get you ranked.

Remember that rankings take a while to update, so it may say "unranked" until the next day.

Regarding the trick to getting points, I did this exact strategy in the last season and I never had a score past 3000 while I was getting 4600 when I used the same team but Lucina was a bonus. IIRC, I was getting around 300-400 points per match using Lucina, Linde, Lyn and Nowi.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: Ah yes, here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-zYQeEGJQ

Hopefully you find it at least somewhat helpful.

Oh wow, that is so helpful. I never understood the AI movement when they didn't have anyone in range so I'd position the unit I wanted to kill them with closest and then they'd walk away in some other direction and my formation would turn into a mess. 

Regarding skill inheritance, I'm surprised no one's yet mentioned Shanna's Desperation 3. Desperation 2 is the skill Sol Katti has built in (and is probably the only place many players have even seen the effect before), and I think this would be an amazing skill to have on an arena offense team.

I can actually see Hana becoming more viable with either Vantage (to finish off already weakened enemies) or Desperation (to one-round enemies from full health) added to her kit.

That said, like many of the others here, as fun as it sounds, I'm still not sold on skill inheritance at all. It widens the gap between whales and free players and makes characters far less unique. Switching weapons might be okay. Switching skills is pushing it unless there are stricter limitations than we currently know about. Furthermore, some skills are essentially locked behind rare pulls; forcing a player to choose to keep the rare character (either to use or merge) or pass the rare skill to another character is honestly a dick move, not even mentioning how much luck is involved in getting the character to begin with.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yeeaah, I'm not too hot on the inherit skill system. Partly because I've never been too fond of class changing at all, and also because I don't keep doubles. As soon as I've gotten a double I've either sent them home for feathers or merged them with the levelled version I already had. 

My goal is to try to get one of each hero (okay, probably not actually happening, but still fun working for it), so I don't want to sacrifice anyone I just have one of. I mean, I could start saving doubles for skills in the future, but I'll probably be left behind on arena stuff etc before that can happen.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also guys! Better hope you get teamed with focus characters in the gauntlet. I was given an Olwen and KOing people with her got me 20 blue great badges! Using those characters in the gauntlet counts toward the focus quests!

Thank you whoever gave me Olwen! I'll use those to upgrade Sharena to 5 star in the future. Though getting another 20000 feathers won't be easy...

That might have been my Olwen.  I put her as my lead character for just that reason.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Regarding skill inheritance, I'm surprised no one's yet mentioned Shanna's Desperation 3. Desperation 2 is the skill Sol Katti has built in (and is probably the only place many players have even seen the effect before), and I think this would be an amazing skill to have on an arena offense team.

I can actually see Hana becoming more viable with either Vantage (to finish off already weakened enemies) or Desperation (to one-round enemies from full health) added to her kit.

That said, like many of the others here, as fun as it sounds, I'm still not sold on skill inheritance at all. It widens the gap between whales and free players and makes characters far less unique. Switching weapons might be okay. Switching skills is pushing it unless there are stricter limitations than we currently know about. Furthermore, some skills are essentially locked behind rare pulls; forcing a player to choose to keep the rare character (either to use or merge) or pass the rare skill to another character is honestly a dick move, not even mentioning how much luck is involved in getting the character to begin with.

I was planning on keeping that one a secret!

Why stop there, when you can give Threaten Def 3 to users with Life or Death 3 and Vantage 3/Desperation 3 and make people even more effective?

I was tempted to math out the benefits of running Fury 3 w/ Desperation 3 and see what points trigger units hitting the Desperation point faster without actually needing to be hit, but I've been too busy building a full stats simulator for my unit analysis posts not unlike yourself.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That might have been my Olwen.  I put her as my lead character for just that reason.

Ah, then probably! Thanks, Rezzy. XD

35 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Yeeaah, I'm not too hot on the inherit skill system. Partly because I've never been too fond of class changing at all, and also because I don't keep doubles. As soon as I've gotten a double I've either sent them home for feathers or merged them with the levelled version I already had. 

My goal is to try to get one of each hero (okay, probably not actually happening, but still fun working for it), so I don't want to sacrifice anyone I just have one of. I mean, I could start saving doubles for skills in the future, but I'll probably be left behind on arena stuff etc before that can happen.

I have 2 extra olivias so I can potentially have a team of Hone attack. Giggity.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, then probably! Thanks, Rezzy. XD

You're welcome, I just wish we didn't have such a low Friend Limit.  50 seems so arbitrarily low in the age of a vast interconnected internet community.  It's even worse than the 3DS limit of 100.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Similarly, Brash Assault on Lyn would probably be pretty fun. I was actually thinking Desperation for Lucina, because of her Defiant.

Just now, Rezzy said:

You're welcome, I just wish we didn't have such a low Friend Limit.  50 seems so arbitrarily low in the age of a vast interconnected internet community.  It's even worse than the 3DS limit of 100.

I don't mind the limits. I don't get who really has 50 or 100 friends. I never do. I think the Switch has a bigger limit though. I'd have to check.

Because she likes Alphonse? Sometimes people just want to use characters they like regardless of how good they are, and if something makes a mediocre character better, hey.

Anyway Alphonse hits really hard in one hit so vantage might be good--though idk if that's the best option for him, but if there is any color/weapon restrictions I know lon'qu can get it so there's someone of the same weapon there.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What do you guys think would be a good skill to put on Alfonse via skill inheritance?

Brash Attack or Quick Riposte to help him get in more hits to charge up Sol and somewhat mitigate his low Spd.

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Because she likes Alphonse? Sometimes people just want to use characters they like regardless of how good they are, and if something makes a mediocre character better, hey.

Yeah, I suppose so. I just thought that Alfonse was so bad that assumed few people bothered with him, I guess. I mean, even if I did like the character, I wouldn't use him or her if he or she were really bad. But that's me, and others are different.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I suppose so. I just thought that Alfonse was so bad that assumed few people bothered with him, I guess. I mean, even if I did like the character, I wouldn't use him or her if he or she were really bad. But that's me, and others are different.

Alfonse is mostly overshadowed by the mulitude of better Sword users, and since he's 2* to start with, he seems crappy compared to everybody else.  Even Sharena doesn't really shine until you promote her a couple times.