Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm really not liking the skill inheritance things. It's going to make arena a nightmare. 

The prospect of Vantage Takumis or WaryFighter/Swordbreaker Hector is enough to make me consider stop playing the game once it's implemented. Add that I also feel like it's going to detracts from the fun of getting new characters with their unique set up and I'm pretty sure I'll stop playing not long after its implemented.

I don't see how this is a good business move. I haven't seen a lot of people hyped for it and if a lot of free players, occasional spenders and even some whales stop playing, I'm unsure that a subset of whales that will start paying more will be able to compensate.

If this stupid Skill inheritance breaks the Arena, I'll quit before throwing more money at it.

It seems nobody likes this idea.  What were they smoking when they greenlighted it?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If this stupid Skill inheritance breaks the Arena, I'll quit before throwing more money at it.

It seems nobody likes this idea.  What were they smoking when they greenlighted it?

Reggie right now:

download (1).jpg

The arena is stupid already as is. It needs changes. I hope the skill interitance doesn't make it worse.

I just got screwed hard by getting thrown against a team with three reds when mine has two greens. Of course I lost and broke my winning streak which was at fucking four.

I did win a different advanced battle before that though. But I'm not doing those again. They're too unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Reggie right now:

download (1).jpg

I'll just say Wii U.  Dont expect to make money if you make dumb business decisions.

My favorite way to play Arena is to use a team with my newest 4- and 5-star pulls at fairly low levels. These characters come pre-equipped with skills that give them an advantage over similarly-placed teams. My goal is to get the most feathers without trying to get "ranked" by hitting 3,000+ total score. If I'm able to get lucky and summon a Focus character that's highlighted in the arena, It's usually no sweat. I doubt that there will be much skill inheritance as long as I stay away from any opponents ranked above level 35.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They're too unfair.

One time I went up against a Cain, not knowing he had that mlg teleportation skill. So I have my Anna standing there, doing Anna things and Cain comes in from across the screen (literally cause it was the split map) and steps on her face. All I could say was "huh". The maps are stupid, the bonus characters are stupid, the rewards are stupid, and the tiers are stupid. Oh and Takumi is stupid.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll just say Wii U.  Dont expect to make money if you make dumb business decisions.

The game was made for whales and people who are actually willing to pay money to get ahead. In fact, when you think about it, Nintendo has made a pretty interesting decision. By creating a game founded on a previously established fan base, they will probably make more money than summoner's war which is way worse than heroes. Its bad for free to players to get ahead, and those who spent a little amount of money to only find out that they'll need to spend more just to stay afloat.

Also, there are too many healers being used. That fucks people over too. I don't think they should be allowed in the arena, honestly. Not everyone has access to a good healer.

I don't have 5 star units either. This is why I'm even doing the arena, because the only way I'll ever get any is if I upgrade someone. The game doesn't want me to pull 5 star units in summoning.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, there are too many healers being used. That fucks people over too. I don't think they should be allowed in the arena, honestly. Not everyone has access to a good healer.

I don't have 5 star units either. This is why I'm even doing the arena, because the only way I'll ever get any is if I upgrade someone. The game doesn't want me to pull 5 star units in summoning.

You must be having bad luck. Since the game's come out, I've burned through 15+ Dueling Crests on top of always doing my 3 per day, and haven't seen a single Staff user in the Arena. Takumis on the other hand...if I could count the times that I'ev seen 3+ Takumi per Adv. battle... :.....)

For what it's worth though, Wrys is free with the Daily units and probably one of the best healers in the game (since he is the only healer that can heal the entire party)

Edited by Elieson

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You must be having bad luck. Since the game's come out, I've burned through 15+ Dueling Crests on top of always doing my 3 per day, and haven't seen a single Staff user in the Arena.

For what it's worth though, Wrys is free with the Daily units and probably one of the best healers in the game (since he is the only healer that can heal the entire party)

That Wrys is too weak, no thanks. And I don't care about him at all anyway. He's too much of an annoying joke character.

Every team I'm going up against has one healer. I don't know how you're not running into them. o.O

And now I'm just losing every battle because they keep having a lot of red units as well as healers. I can't win those with two green people on my team. I'm not switching my team either, because they're my highest leveled units by a good margin. One is a mage too, and I've needed to use a ranged attacker more. I also need Jagen and female Robin on the team because bonus units. I also figured female Robin would be more helpful because she can wreck horses, but she takes a lot of damage from everything despite having high defenses for some reason.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That Wrys is too weak, no thanks. And I don't care about him at all anyway. He's too much of an annoying joke character.

Do you want to run a healer, and if so, which would you like to try to get? 

How is Wrys annoying too, btw?

Just now, Elieson said:

Do you want to run a healer, and if so, which would you like to try to get? 

How is Wrys annoying too, btw?

No, I don't have room in my team for a healer. Palla is my main wrecking ball alongside Frederick and Jagen and female Robin are bonus characters.

And I JUST explained, he's a joke and meme character and those always annoy me because they get thrown around all the time.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, I don't have room in my team for a healer. Palla is my main wrecking ball alongside Frederick and Jagen and female Robin are bonus characters.

And I JUST explained, he's a joke and meme character and those always annoy me because they get thrown around all the time.

You only need 1 character for bonus so if you have anyone else you can use them :D:

Just now, Arcanite said:

You only need 1 character for bonus so if you have anyone else you can use them :D:

No, you need as many as you can do. That should increase your score even further.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno what to tell you then, aside from *what Arcanite just posted*. I've been fortunate enough to get 6 5* characters, and I've 40'd them all as of last night, as well as 40'd three 4* characters and 20-25'd a dozen others. You should have a varied team, and a green-heavy team is sadly not the most well rounded...2 Reds or 2 Blues is more effective than 2 Green.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, you need as many as you can do. That should increase your score even further.

Incorrect. You acquire a Bonus if you have "One or More on your team". You don't get a bigger bonus for having more. That was an early theory, and has since been debunked.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Which is incorrect. You either include a bonus hero in your team and get your score doubled or you don't.

Wow, that makes zero sense.

But oh well, I guess I'll swap out female Robin for male Robin since he can at least counter Takumi and other colorless people and help take care of red units. He's 4 star too, not 3 star. I actually ended up pulling a much better male Robin in my last summon, so the terrible 3 star Robin got merged with him.

I would only consider a team heavy of one type if it has three or more units of the same color. I only used two green units.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is incorrect. You either include a bonus hero in your team and get your score doubled or you don't.

I... didn't know that. Well that's a couple of weeks bonuses wasted. Thanks for the info though, I'll have to train Sully now :/

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that makes zero sense.

But oh well, I guess I'll swap out female Robin for male Robin since he can at least counter Takumi and other colorless people and help take care of red units. He's 4 star too, not 3 star. I actually ended up pulling a much better male Robin in my last summon, so the terrible 3 star Robin got merged with him.

I would only consider a team heavy of one type if it has three or more units of the same color. I only used two green units.

It does make sense though. It makes it easier for people who only have one and balanced for people who would have 4 and get crap loads of score. Having 1 green unit is a risk because of the sea of reds. Having 2 makes it even more trivial. But you have m robin so you're good :)

Just now, r4v1sh said:

I... didn't know that. Well that's a couple of weeks bonuses wasted, then. Thanks for the info though, I guess I'll have to train Sully now :/

Bro just triple posted . . . . . Eclipse is gonna back flip lol

Meanwhile, I'm over here sitting at 5 healers... My biggest problem is how difficult they are to train up. The staff EXP takes too long (in the spirit of the main series...lol), and you can't even grind out scratch damage heals because eventually the game cuts you off entirely. So all my healers are lagging behind in levels permanently compared to the rest of the units they're fielded with.

Also the fact that staff damage gets cut in half is super annoying. I know the staves are meant to be about the effects, but...it's hard for healers to get SP in the first place, so why does the game think you'll be able to afford Assault and Pain in any timely manner? >.>

Edited by Extrasolar

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It does make sense though. It makes it easier for people who only have one and balanced for people who would have 4 and get crap loads of score. Having 1 green unit is a risk because of the sea of reds. Having 2 makes it even more trivial. But you have m robin so you're good :)

Bro just triple posted . . . . . Eclipse is gonna back flip lol

Yeah, I suppose.

Dude, he clearly did it by accident. And lately the site's been stupid anyway because I see it happening a lot. The upgrade didn't do crap to fix the issue, I see, because it was happening just as much before. Another issue is my edits not loading and simply saying "this comment can no longer be edited." I have to refresh for the edit to show up.

EDIT: Wow, people were wrong when they said Robin can wreck Takumi. Takumi one-shots him.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I suppose.

Dude, he clearly did it by accident. And lately the site's been stupid anyway because I see it happening a lot. The upgrade didn't do crap to fix the issue, I see, because it was happening just as much before. Another issue is my edits not loading and simply saying "this comment can no longer be edited." I have to refresh for the edit to show up.

EDIT: Wow, people were wrong when they said Robin can wreck Takumi. Takumi one-shots him.

Well your robin is only 4 star and if he isn't max level then you should expect that. But if you have a 5 star level 40 robin against a max Takumi, he only does 8 damage lol

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well your robin is only 4 star and if he isn't max level then you should expect that. But if you have a 5 star level 40 robin against a max Takumi, he only does 8 damage lol

I don't think him being a 4* is such a big deal. I had a 4* Robin and he was able to handle Takumis fine...though he was -Spd, which is why I've been subbing him out with Olwen and Klein who can take care of Takumi before he can strike back. :p