Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't actually play Heroes?

Nope! I downloaded the game at one point, but I've never opened it. I just come here for the banter, and to wait on my hellish Touma sprite request.

Why do you think I never post about nitty-gritty of gameplay details, talk about how I cleared GHBs, or ask questions or post pulls? I don't have any! 

I might play eventually, but I've been saying that for months, and I keep finding reasons not to. More reasons do come for me to join in at the same time, but the former continues to outweigh the latter.

There is a line from Super Paper Mario that describes me- something from/about Francis, but I don't remember it exactly.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if Halloween banner was a “Pick a god and cosplay!” banner?

Tormod dressing up as Muarim! It'd be so cute! Him mimicking his daddy/big brother figure like that.

Oh, in this game? Well...

Catria dressing up as Est, and Est as Catria. Palla is sad, munching on candy by herself since neither of her sisters wanted to be like her.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Aether should have been a unique skill honestly.

RD Ike will be getting Great Aether obviously.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Marty haven't ascended to godhood

Dagdar canonically made Mila useless

That's what I'm saying: let Marty cosplay as the true strongest man in the world.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's what I'm saying: let Marty cosplay as the true strongest man in the world.

Step aside, Ike! The Manliest Man of Manhood comes!

@Interdimensional Observer: Niles is a copycat.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You spelt it wrong, It's GREEAAATT AETHER!!!!!!!!!!!
(If they did this though i can't see it being anything other than Aether with 4 cool down) 

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

You spelt it wrong, It's GREEAAATT AETHER!!!!!!!!!!!
(If they did this though i can't see it being anything other than Aether with 4 cool down) 

–80% enemy Def, and/or 80% dealt damage as healing.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Step aside, Ike! The Manliest Man of Manhood comes!

Real talk, I've been wanting Marty in Heroes for ages now. Except the theoretical stats I gave him... are literally Arden's stats. Except with one less Atk and way more HP and Def because Armor. So, I guess I kinda got what I wanted?

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Real talk, I've been wanting Marty in Heroes for ages now. Except the theoretical stats I gave him... are literally Arden's stats. Except with one less Atk and way more HP and Def because Armor. So, I guess I kinda got what I wanted?

Marty Party is his unique skill, allowing him to capture everyone and everything.

There ain’t no party like the Marty Party, because the Marty Party don’t stop!

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wrong color! And only Marty can lay claim to a 0 Spd base in all of FE history. And, we must give him Trick Room in alignment with his appearance in Fire Emblem: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. That'll turn the tables on the metagame.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Flora: can we already build Julie Ann Taylor Emblem? Cordelia, Cordelia, Selena, Nephenee?

Can throw out one of the Cordelias for Flora for sure.

Linde is voiced by Julia Ann Taylor as well. Pity I don't have her or Bridelia so no JAT Emblem for me. Guess I have to settle for my Chun Emblem team of Eldigan, Lukas (5*), BH!Ike and Ephraim (with vanilla Ike also an option). Once Arden drops, I could do Mick Wingert Emblem as well with him, Abel, (5*) Jeorge (5*) and PA!Inigo

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Linde is voiced by Julia Ann Taylor as well. Pity I don't have her or Bridelia so no JAT Emblem for me.

Argh, I knew I was missing someone. Fair enough, I don’t have Linde.

Blue infantry mages don’t like me much.

19 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That's a legitimate cause for concern for those who can barely stay in tier 20 and a good reason to be against the increased BST she has. Although I believe many refer to the point that Ayra makes other reds useless due to the fact that her offensive power is superior to the majority of reds in the game but in that case many of those were already outclassed by the likes of Lucina, B!Roy, Ike and Ryoma due to their more optimized stats and exclusive weapons granting them more niches on top of everything.

If you want to see a fireworks then tell Felicia to call Flora, she's pretty good with those. Then you can have tea with Eirika who doesn't like any of that stuff.

Well, it does feel terrible when you thought your favourite unit and five others finally found niches to call their own, then someone who's simply better comes in and does everything better. Ayra is pretty much the first infantry sword addition that can choose multiple roles, and not only run them proficiently, but better than the figureheads of those established roles. It says something when Ayra can run Brave Roy's gimmick better than him, because her buff-less performance is better by a large margin.

That being said, that's just a matter of "outclassing", not "invalidating". It's not like she comes into your house and punches you when you use an infantry Sword that isn't her Ayra pls come to my house. But the Arena score thing is an actual instance of "lol you have to use THIS now".

Rude. Eirika would be upset at you making fire jokes about Flora. She would be so upset that she'd be willing to get burnt to make up for it.

15 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Tiki as FE3 Naga lulkek

I'm somewhat surprised at that lately mostly because Aether is surprisingly busted sometimes

Lol FE3 Naga is literally Tiki. The cosplay is no cosplay.

If Aether was non-inheritable, maybe it could have been a lower cooldown skill, since Black Luna and Regnal Astra are allowed to be broken as fuck.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope! I downloaded the game at one point, but I've never opened it. I just come here for the banter, and to wait on my hellish Touma sprite request.

Why do you think I never post about nitty-gritty of gameplay details, talk about how I cleared GHBs, or ask questions or post pulls? I don't have any! 

I might play eventually, but I've been saying that for months, and I keep finding reasons not to. More reasons do come for me to join in at the same time, but the former continues to outweigh the latter.

There is a line from Super Paper Mario that describes me- something from/about Francis, but I don't remember it exactly.

How about...... lazy!!!!

Watch as Great Aether is 80% Def reduction + 80% healing from damage dealt, and only 4 cooldown.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

You think you have problems? I had a theoretical stat/skillset for a character (original, I'll grant you) that got hijacked by Ayra.

(Defence and Resistance switched).

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How about...... lazy!!!!

Founnnnnddddd it!

I love going on message boards and complaining about games I’ve never played!

Mind you I don't complain too much. I can be critical within reason and good taste, but generally I'd rather have fun and be positive!

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Marty Party is his unique skill, allowing him to capture everyone and everything.

There ain’t no party like the Marty Party, because the Marty Party don’t stop!

"Marty Party: If unit attacks an enemy who has <50% HP, the enemy will be removed from the opponent's Barracks and added into the player's Barracks. (Arena only)"

Yeah, that sounds fine and not problematic at all. At least I would finally get Katarina.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong color! And only Marty can lay claim to a 0 Spd base in all of FE history. And, we must give him Trick Room in alignment with his appearance in Fire Emblem: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. That'll turn the tables on the metagame.

Well yeah, Arden didn't steal the color, but it's a shame all the same. The only problem is that I don't believe having 0 Spd at level 40 5-star is possible in Heroes, although Arden has already broken some of the previous growth rate limits, so who knows at this point.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You think you have problems? I had a theoretical stat/skillset for a character (original, I'll grant you) that got hijacked by Ayra.

(Defence and Resistance switched).

Ouch. On the bright side, your designed stat/skillset seems to be pretty desirable to a lot of people, if the reaction to Ayra (before the whole banner thing) was any indication.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Argh, I knew I was missing someone. Fair enough, I don’t have Linde.

Blue infantry mages don’t like me much.

Aside from Linde and Tailtiu, I still have yet to get a single Mae or anyone not named Boey from the Rite of Shadows group and have only pulled a single Reinhardt (4* of course) to date. To put things in perspective, Delthea was my first 5* blue mage so my luck with them was also pretty shitty for a while.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Founnnnnddddd it!

I love going on message boards and complaining about games I’ve never played!

Mind you I don't complain too much. I can be critical within reason and good taste, but generally I'd rather have fun and be positive!

I like... LAZY. Better.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, it does feel terrible when you thought your favourite unit and five others finally found niches to call their own, then someone who's simply better comes in and does everything better. Ayra is pretty much the first infantry sword addition that can choose multiple roles, and not only run them proficiently, but better than the figureheads of those established roles. It says something when Ayra can run Brave Roy's gimmick better than him, because her buff-less performance is better by a large margin.

That being said, that's just a matter of "outclassing", not "invalidating". It's not like she comes into your house and punches you when you use an infantry Sword that isn't her Ayra pls come to my house. But the Arena score thing is an actual instance of "lol you have to use THIS now".

Rude. Eirika would be upset at you making fire jokes about Flora. She would be so upset that she'd be willing to get burnt to make up for it.

I can understand that, although I still find petty that many blame Ayra for something that has already happened to many of those reds regardless of her existance but whatever.

That's true, there's nothing stopping anyone from using any of those other reds if they're their favorites. As long as they can beat PvE content everything should be fine at the end of the day.

That's going to far, she would rather me to apologize to Flora for doing a tasteless joke and then invite her to have tea with us. No need to make a barbecue out of this.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

"Marty Party: If unit attacks an enemy who has <50% HP, the enemy will be removed from the opponent's Barracks and added into the player's Barracks. (Arena only)"

Yeah, that sounds fine and not problematic at all. At least I would finally get Katarina.

Well yeah, Arden didn't steal the color, but it's a shame all the same. The only problem is that I don't believe having 0 Spd at level 40 5-star is possible in Heroes, although Arden has already broken some of the previous growth rate limits, so who knows at this point.

Ouch. On the bright side, your designed stat/skillset seems to be pretty desirable to a lot of people, if the reaction to Ayra (before the whole banner thing) was any indication.

This isn't actually that hard lol

Thats a part of why i hate the how much people hyped up Pokemon Romhack

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I imagine my interpretation would've been slightly less meta-destroying, especially considering her defence.

Spoiler

Spread: 42/34/39/13/29

Weapon: Blessed Wo Dao (Legendary, -1 Cooldown, +10 to Special damage).
Assist/Special: Hurricane (Adds +50% of Speed to damage, 3 cooldown).
Major Skill: Life & Death
Minor Skill: Desperation

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I imagine my interpretation would've been slightly less meta-destroying, especially considering her defence.

Hide contents

Spread: 42/34/39/13/29

Weapon: Blessed Wo Dao (Legendary, -1 Cooldown, +10 to Special damage).
Assist/Special: Hurricane (Adds +50% of Speed to damage, 3 cooldown).
Major Skill: Life & Death
Minor Skill: Desperation

For the record i think 50% speed to damage is actually a bit going overboard

Ayra's 40% is actually the RIGHT spot so to speak

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I like... LAZY. Better.

And I'm a stick in the Swamps of Duma who likes everyone in their original artwork and not this freelance stuff, the majority of which I haven't seen. Although I shall admit not everyone looked best in their first artistic depiction. Anyone pre-FE5 pretty much.