Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hector came for me very soon on the mini tempest banner too, within three stones.

I think between Hero Fest 1, Voting Gauntlet Block A, and Tempest Trials Mini, I’ve spent a little over 200 orbs altogether pulling for my Hector? I ended up getting him with my last 5 orbs on the TT banner. Wew

The only other unit I spent nearly as many orbs trying to pull for was Saber, and I never got him. Besides that, I usually end up getting at least one focus I want within 100 orbs or so.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@MrSmokestack

It's definitely the lack of headgear. That stuff's important because hair looks completely different without it. Also makes Touhou characters easier to recognize.

She does have that distinctive fur trim coat and faint yet noticeable ahoge though. I guess the lighting and the eye color makes her harder to recognize, but she is riding a dragon with Gudao just behind her, so.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

I'm waiting for an Hector banner... T.T

Same. There are way too many units that want Distant Counter, and his empty spot in my Catalog of Heroes is very saddening to look at as well.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@DarkLordIvy I really needed to start doing something about Seliph being my highest merger.  I like that tasty 41 Speed.

PM0peHp.png?1

She is glorious! That 41 speed is a thing of beauty! I’m jealous my Titania pales in comparison. 

Spoiler

KENoM7G.png

And poor Seliph, he’s my highest merger too but for me it’s intentional at least. 

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

To quote Navarre, “……”

Jaffar is the real master of ellipses. And somehow killing things as a baby.

Sophia tries.... too hard. Maybe if she... had a... res...pit...tor...y...condition from being...ha...lf...d...r...a...g...o...n...I...'...d...like her more. It'd also reconcile her and Ninian a little more. (I exaggerate her ellipses use.)

By the way Vax,  you like Micaiah's wardrobe, correct? Of her three different outfits which is your favorite?

Light Mage,

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160321101629

Light Sage,

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120624113239

or Light Priestess?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160329093552

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jaffar is the real master of ellipses. And somehow killing things as a baby.

Sophia tries.... too hard. Maybe if she... had a... res...pit...tor...y...condition from being...ha...lf...d...r...a...g...o...n...I...'...d...like her more. It'd also reconcile her and Ninian a little more. (I exaggerate her ellipses use.)

By the way Vax,  you like Micaiah's wardrobe, correct? Of her three different outfits which is your favorite?

Light Mage,

Hide contents

latest?cb=20160321101629

Light Sage,

Hide contents

latest?cb=20120624113239

or Light Priestess?

Hide contents

latest?cb=20160329093552

Sprites make her look more beautiful. Could you please show me her sprites? I lived with her Light Priestess sprite as avatar for years in SF, until Cecilia appeared.

Ha, KageroChart lets you equip Follow-up Ring on anyone letting you see the carnage it could reap if it was on someone else. Reinhardt with Follow-up Ring is pretty hilarious. Part of me kind of wants the developers to give Reinhardt Follow-up Ring during his eventual BHB battle on infernal difficulty. Hey, at least we have Deflect Magic to combat that, right? :p

Just now, Quintessence said:

Sprites make her look more beautiful. Could you please show me her sprites? I lived with her Light Priestess sprite as avatar for years in SF, until Cecilia appeared.

These?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20091104193025latest?cb=20091104193027latest?cb=20091104193028

Also, there is this comparison.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like her original light mage outfit the most. The combination of burgundy overtunic, blue scarf, long gloves, and bare shoulders does it for me. And the leggings. Can’t forget the leggings.

Her ditching the leggings by her third tier is a treachery.

Sophia is just talking slowly for some reason. Her pondering about every word doesn’t help. And Navarre is still the OG ellipselord.

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ha, KageroChart lets you equip Follow-up Ring on anyone letting you see the carnage it could reap if it was on someone else. Reinhardt with Follow-up Ring is pretty hilarious. Part of me kind of wants the developers to give Reinhardt Follow-up Ring during his eventual BHB battle on infernal difficulty. Hey, at least we have Deflect Magic to combat that, right? :p

image.png.37eb1b3b6c67a08635461500aa49d58e.png

I don't know how many buffs you can give him, but...

19 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

image.png.37eb1b3b6c67a08635461500aa49d58e.png

I don't know how many buffs you can give him, but...

I don't know what build either of them are running. If it's -HP Fae, who is supposed to have 43 HP, with just Lightning Breath+, then a +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and Follow-up Ring would leave her with 3 HP. With T-Adept 3, she takes no damage and he dies. If it's default =Atk Reinhardt, then yeah, Fae with Lightning Breath+ easily deals with him.

If for whatever reason he receives a Fortify and 2 Wards and she doesn't have T-Adept, he can live with 12 HP. If he receives a Hone and 2 Goads and Fae has T-Adept 3, he lives with 2 HP and she has 7 HP. One Hone Cavalry is enough to defeat her if she doesn't have T-Adept 3.

Anyway, it's just a stupid thing of if Reinhardt could have had access to Follow-up Ring and if the developers would troll us by giving it to him as infernal BHB boss. Just being able to see the what if is hilarious. You really would need an Emerald Axe, T-Adept, Deflect Missile, high resistance, and/or be BH Ike or Sigurd to survive against him.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I don't know what build either of them are running. If it's -HP Fae, who is supposed to have 43 HP, with just Lightning Breath+, then a +Atk, -Spd Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and Follow-up Ring would leave her with 3 HP. With T-Adept 3, she takes no damage and he dies. If it's default =Atk Reinhardt, then yeah, Fae with Lightning Breath+ easily deals with him.

If for whatever reason he receives a Fortify and 2 Wards and she doesn't have T-Adept, he can live with 12 HP. If he receives a Hone and 2 Goads and Fae has T-Adept 3, he lives with 2 HP and she has 7 HP. One Hone Cavalry is enough to defeat her if she doesn't have T-Adept 3.

Anyway, it's just a stupid thing of if Reinhardt could have had access to Follow-up Ring and if the developers would troll us by giving it to him as infernal BHB boss. Just being able to see the what if is hilarious. You really would need an Emerald Axe, T-Adept, Deflect Missile, high resistance, and/or be BH Ike or Sigurd to survive against him.

It's my +2 Fae (who has Fury) against a +Atk Reinhardt with no Infernal stat inflation. Also, the Reiny has Death Blow.

If they give Reiny a different special to Blazing Thunder, Fae might be in trouble, but otherwise...

37 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It's my +2 Fae (who has Fury) against a +Atk Reinhardt with no Infernal stat inflation. Also, the Reiny has Death Blow.

If they give Reiny a different special to Blazing Thunder, Fae might be in trouble, but otherwise...

Well, they could be jerks by having his Blazing Thunder come charged, but that would be really, really jerkish.

Anyway, with Ursula being our recent GHB re-run with an infernal difficulty, the re-runs are starting to go in the original order since Narcian, F!Robin, and Ursula were our first three GHBs. This is ignoring Lloyd getting an infernal difficulty despite being the second to last GHB without an infernal difficulty. The re-runs themselves are messy when the first one had Navarre repeat right after his ended alongside F!Robin and having weird quests where you had to use her of all people to defeat him, then it kind of went in order before Legion and Clarisse were introduced with infernal difficulties, and then it went back again in order after Lloyd's shenanigans.

So I pulled Witch Nowi and I really wanted her since I lacked 5 star red mages. But she's +Def, -Spd which looks unusable for her. But am I wrong here? Could she still be used in some way?

I'd like to try pulling for another one anyway, but still.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I probably should clarify. I originally said I'd quit the game, but Arcanite keeps being to convincing when he tells me he wants me to come back... xP So I just took a day and a half break instead.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, with Ursula being our recent GHB re-run with an infernal difficulty, the re-runs are starting to go in the original order since Narcian, F!Robin, and Ursula were our first three GHBs.

Xander and Camus who? :D

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So I pulled Witch Nowi and I really wanted her since I lacked 5 star red mages. But she's +Def, -Spd which looks unusable for her. But am I wrong here? Could she still be used in some way?

I'd like to try pulling for another one anyway, but still.

All characters are usable. lol You can find some niche to fill. -SPD isn't necessarily a death sentence. It's just not optimal. My Delthea is +DEF -ATK. Does it suck? Yeah. Is she the best Delthea out there? Nope. But she can still do her job well enough. Almost all of my Falchion users have been +RES -SPD or -ATK. But they can still kill dragons.

Nowi's your only flier mage, right? There's your niche. You can run her on a Goad Fliers team. Give all her allies Goad Fliers and you'll have SPD that stacks. If you're really concerned about making her super speedy, give her the SPD+3 S-seal (or work towards building it). You can give her Darting Blow as an A skill.

That being said, you can still pull for another one. But there's no guarantee the nature will be any better. My first Delthea was +DEF -SPD. The second was +DEF -ATK. XD If you do pull another one, you can fodder the better copy off for Hone Fliers and run a real Flier Emblem team.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

All characters are usable. lol You can find some niche to fill. -SPD isn't necessarily a death sentence. It's just not optimal. My Delthea is +DEF -ATK. Does it suck? Yeah. Is she the best Delthea out there? Nope. But she can still do her job well enough. Almost all of my Falchion users have been +RES -SPD or -ATK. But they can still kill dragons.

Nowi's your only flier mage, right? There's your niche. You can run her on a Goad Fliers team. Give all her allies Goad Fliers and you'll have SPD that stacks. If you're really concerned about making her super speedy, give her the SPD+3 S-seal (or work towards building it). You can give her Darting Blow as an A skill.

That being said, you can still pull for another one. But there's no guarantee the nature will be any better. My first Delthea was +DEF -SPD. The second was +DEF -ATK. XD If you do pull another one, you can fodder the better copy off for Hone Fliers and run a real Flier Emblem team.

I was considering Darting Blow, yeah, but I forgot about the Speed+3 seal. I only have Speed+2 right now, but next time I have enough sacred coins, I was going to prioritize enhancing it anyway for my Summer Freddy (he's -Spd too...). Thanks! I think this could actually work out alright then! I'm probably going to mainly use her on flier teams anyway too.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was considering Darting Blow, yeah, but I forgot about the Speed+3 seal. I only have Speed+2 right now, but next time I have enough sacred coins, I was going to prioritize enhancing it anyway for my Summer Freddy (he's -Spd too...). Thanks! I think this could actually work out alright then! I'm probably going to mainly use her on flier teams anyway too.

I know you were on discord but it's too crowded there lol So I'll say what I want to say here

Lilina's attack may be higher than Nowitch, but the speed matters more. Especially since Nowitch is going on a flier team anyway, meaning she'll always be goaded (because Im pretty sure you have goad flier accessibility). Sure, Lilina is stronger with attack but Nowitch can reach high speeds even with -Spd and kill the people that Lilina can't. Blade tomes don't need more attack, they need speed, which is why every blade tome set wants +Spd more than anything else

Now, that being said, speed matters, but not to the extent where you'll want darting blow and every single possible way to increase speed to make up for it. Just give her Fury and speed 2 seal. this is an automatic 34 speed, which isn't too great, but not too bad. As long as you're running flier emblem though, one goad get's her to 38. And considering her tome let's her become a flying mace of death, she'll always be able to get next to someone who has goad

Do you have a Hinoka by the way? I mean it is your decision, in the end. I can show calcs if you want, so you can see that Redblade Nowitch is better than Lilina~

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I know you were on discord but it's too crowded there lol So I'll say what I want to say here

Lilina's attack may be higher than Nowitch, but the speed matters more. Especially since Nowitch is going on a flier team anyway, meaning she'll always be goaded (because Im pretty sure you have goad flier accessibility). Sure, Lilina is stronger with attack but Nowitch can reach high speeds even with -Spd and kill the people that Lilina can't. Blade tomes don't need more attack, they need speed, which is why every blade tome set wants +Spd more than anything else

Now, that being said, speed matters, but not to the extent where you'll want darting blow and every single possible way to increase speed to make up for it. Just give her Fury and speed 2 seal. this is an automatic 34 speed, which isn't too great, but not too bad. As long as you're running flier emblem though, one goad get's her to 38. And considering her tome let's her become a flying mace of death, she'll always be able to get next to someone who has goad

Do you have a Hinoka by the way? I mean it is your decision, in the end. I can show calcs if you want, so you can see that Redblade Nowitch is better than Lilina~

Yeah, but Rauorblade+ Lilina was recommended to me awhile back.

I can definitely also give it to Nowi someday too though, I never said I wouldn't. I just want to prioritize Lilina for it right now. Nowi will be fine on flier teams, but what about for other teams? Lilina could be more helpful if I'm going infantry or something.

I totally get what you're saying here, though, I really do.

Sadly, I don't have Hinoka. I really want her for a flier team too...