Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd rather get Kieran for a new Axe Cav. Or they could take advantage of the GBA Pallies using all three WT weapon types and toss any of them anything. Kent with an Axe would be more unexpected, and perhaps better? Than Lowen getting stuck with it and Kent the Sword.

Kieran and Marcus don't have to audition for the same role. Find any and all excuses for more axe cavs. Marcus makes sense as an axe cav to me since in both his games I take the axes from from Lot/Bartre/Dorcas and give them to him. He won't fight too much, but I'm not gonna spend spare lances and swords for his inventory space compared to my little guys that I want to raise.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

My five star Gunter is just super stoked he gets to use his Hone Cavalry. Or he's stoked that he's one of the five Gunters I've pulled since the game launch. I've certainly been treating him like a celebrity.

Finally somebody with their head on straight. But just making Marcus an axe cav is all I can ask for.

I 5*d my Gunter too.  Being one of only 5 Green Cavs means he doesn't have much competition for a spot in one of my Horse teams.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd rather get Kieran for a new Axe Cav. Or they could take advantage of the GBA Pallies using all three WT weapon types and toss any of them anything. Kent with an Axe would be more unexpected, and perhaps better? Than Lowen getting stuck with it and Kent the Sword.

I want Kieran too, but there's no reason we can't have both.

With Titania having an Emerald Axe and Seth having a Ruby Sword, I want Marcus to get a Sapphire Lance to complete the circle.

Although we do already have two Sapphire Lance cavaliers.

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

This is what happens when the game decides it wants to be a tad too on-the-nose or if you prefer, my lame joke of the night.

Hide contents

REWZ3Q4.png?1

Conversely:

tumblr_p38cf648iU1sn35pqo1_1280.png

While we're mentioning Jagen and Gunter, I do wish they'd give them some sort of buff. It's sad to see them only worth their buff fodder for 99% of people. While I didn't really use him in Fates, I actually do like Gunter's design quite a bit. His horse is probably my favorite out of all the cavs even. I'd totally 5* him if got some help.

That said, I've still been waiting for Walhart please IS give us a GHB for him to get an axe cav to use. ..well actually a green cav period, I suppose. Cecilia stopped showing up when I decided to try and 4*+10 her instead of trashing copies (+5 so far) and I never got a Gunthra or a good IV Titania to try yet. My cav teams are all red/blue +Lyn.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

While we're mentioning Jagen and Gunter, I do wish they'd give them some sort of buff. It's sad to see them only worth their buff fodder for 99% of people. While I didn't really use him in Fates, I actually do like Gunter's design quite a bit. His horse is probably my favorite out of all the cavs even. I'd totally 5* him if got some help.

That said, I've still been waiting for Walhart please IS give us a GHB for him to get an axe cav to use. ..well actually a green cav period, I suppose. Cecilia stopped showing up when I decided to try and 4*+10 her instead of trashing copies (+5 so far) and I never got a Gunthra or a good IV Titania to try yet. My cav teams are all red/blue +Lyn.

Who needs Walhart when you've got the first ever axe wielding horse unit Lex. Did I mention he's proto-Hector?

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Who needs Walhart when you've got the first ever axe wielding horse unit Lex. Did I mention he's proto-Hector?

Does he have a cool axe like Wolf Berg?

Just now, Alkaid said:

Does he have a cool axe like Wolf Berg?

He got a Brave Axe really early in the game through a special event. Genealogy had a total of 12 chapters. Lex got the Brave Axe near the end of the second chapter (if you count the prologue as the first). Couple that with Paragon and oh man. He was even better than Quan in my early playthrough. Though that was because the prologue and chapter one was full of axe wielding units. Surprisingly they weren't bandits at all. Just soldiers in a less developed country.
Though I get the feeling he'll get Helswath since I recall reading somewhere that despite being of minor Neir blood he can still use it. Not in game, just mentioned.

45 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

He got a Brave Axe really early in the game through a special event. Genealogy had a total of 12 chapters. Lex got the Brave Axe near the end of the second chapter (if you count the prologue as the first). Couple that with Paragon and oh man. He was even better than Quan in my early playthrough. Though that was because the prologue and chapter one was full of axe wielding units. Surprisingly they weren't bandits at all. Just soldiers in a less developed country.
Though I get the feeling he'll get Helswath since I recall reading somewhere that despite being of minor Neir blood he can still use it. Not in game, just mentioned.

Considering they haven't added a new axe cav since Titania, we're certainly overdue for another one to say the least. Anybody would be nice at this point, for more options.

If Lex made it in as a Brave Axe user, I wonder how he'd fare against Frederick for that niche.

Edited by Alkaid

It seems Myrrh's sprite is too big for a church:

Spoiler

mivvMSX.png

Myrrh ate a vengeance by Donnel which kicked her out of the screen. She never came back, even if she had to do the final (quick) Risposte and Donnel remained in this pose until I tapped him out of his misery by stopping the fighting animation. 

Speaking of Marcus, which version? FE6 or FE7? FE6 Marcus is the more Jagen-type of the two when it comes to stats while FE7 Marcus is actually pretty decent. Lances seem to be the go-to choice for both if we go by their art and weapon ranks in their respective games but FEH can be weird sometimes...like giving Narcian an axe for no reason. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Got a frekking Hawkeye 5* while hunting for as many Myrrh copies as possible and I am seriously thinking about sending his dumb face home for resetting my percentage, just out of spite. I have enough Kleins for DB3, and am seriously mad enough to hate him and do something that isn't worth much in practicality, but a lot more out of principle.

Couldn't even get an off-focus unit that isn't total trash with good fodder/5* exclusivity or at least not yet acquired , no, had to get one that is entirely useless. Curse you, gacha!

On a maybe brighter side, the upcoming personal refinery additions might help some lackluster units out (ironically, I haven't used any of the previously introduced ones yet as none of them seemed worth the investment); hope they don't ruin dragons too much with the three special Falchions, though. We'll see.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

With Titania having an Emerald Axe and Seth having a Ruby Sword, I want Marcus to get a Sapphire Lance to complete the circle.

Although we do already have two Sapphire Lance cavaliers.

My headcanon is that Titania and Oscar have gem weapons because they teach Ike about the weapon triangle in chapter 1 of PoR. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Speaking of Marcus, which version? FE6 or FE7? FE6 Marcus is the more Jagen-type of the two when it comes to stats while FE7 Marcus is actually pretty decent. Lances seem to be the go-to choice for both if we go by their art and weapon ranks in their respective games but FEH can be weird sometimes...like giving Narcian an axe for no reason. 

I'm a fan of old man Marcus myself. Though I understand a lot of people seem to be starved for more of the FE7 crew, I doubt they're asking for Marcus over Sain and Kent, Isadora, Will, or Pent and Louise. I don't care much for FE7 Marcus as he's a much more competent unit for late game compared to previous Jagens, and his support pool is a joke in FE7. Just boring references to FE6 where he thinks he'll be guarding Merlinus for years to come, or that he can't wait to serve Eliwood's son. I haven't read very many FE6 supports, but I'm certain Marcus' couldn't be worse than that. And either version I'd give an axe just because we're desperate for axe cavs and that there aren't very many canonical sources of such a unit in the series. 

9 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Another thing I found funny is the fact Raven gets Basilikos. I thought that would be the weapon Linus would get should he be added to the game (as if Brendan had any chance lol). Guess he’ll have to settle for a generic weapon... or pull a Michalis. 

Actually I think he might get Tomahawk since it looks more like a signature weapon for him. But there's also Caellach.

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo maybe you're Marth curse will finally be a good thing?

I have a +SPD/-RES Marth at +1 so he may finally get some use!

Anyways, I'm late again but gonna touch on the refinements while it's still relevant.

• Falchion refinements are great, Alm might become good. A bit disappointed that Lucina and Chrom share the Falchion though, I kinda wanted something specifically for him and he'll probably still be inferior to her after refinement. Maybe I'll promote him though, I've really been looking for a reason to do that and this might be it.
  • Not interested in building Felicia, but I'm pretty sure I have a good nature of her, I hope her prf is something cool.
  • I have a +SPD/-ATK Hinoka. I doubt her spear will do much to help a nature like that, but will still be cool to see what it is.
  • Probably still not going to build Caeda. Just genuinely uninterested, but maybe he sword will have magical DC? That would definitely spark some interest. 
  • I don't use Zephiel and I doubt I will after this update. He's probably just getting Distant Counter anyways.

Most important part though is that I'm extraordinarily salty that Raven is getting Baskillos because I STILL have never pulled a single Raven. He's one of my favorites from FE7 and almost 12 months of summoning and not. a. single. one.

So guys, we're close to Heroes' 1st anniversary and I'd like that we synthesize a few things about the game, that has had a really good year, imo:

Basically, share your thoughts (opinions) for the following questions.

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?

4. Your favorite story chapter?

5. Your favorite Event (CYL, TT, VG)?

6. Your favorite Special Map (GHB, BHB, daily unit, special maps)?

7. Your favorite banner?

Feel free to add anything else.

My thoughts:

1. The months SoV was being represented, specially during Sonya's introduction and TT. It helped that I had recently cleared SoV and seeing it being represented in such a good way made me feel excited and proud. I enjoyed that time a lot, specially because I had built Xander, Reinhardt and Cecilia :)

2. Definitely Micaiah! My favorite unit in the series and it brought back good memories of when I played the heck out of RD and drafts here in SF @Soul~!

3. There have been quite a lot, like +10 lon'qu, cherche and such. But refined Sanaki felt like making a significant jump in quality and value. Back before refinery she was just a filler unit, but now with extra skills and resources she has been a pretty competent unit, and I'm proud of her.

4. Definitely the latest one. Alfonse/10, he deserves today's vote.

5. TT2 (Celica) and TT3 (Sonya). 'The Sacrifice and the Saint' and 'Twilight of the Gods' are such good tracks and it was a moment I felt I had a consistent pool of units in the game.

6. Warriors Maps for life.

7. Blazing Shadows. The hype was real.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

and his support pool is a joke in FE7. Just boring references to FE6 where he thinks he'll be guarding Merlinus for years to come, or that he can't wait to serve Eliwood's son. I haven't read very many FE6 supports, but I'm certain Marcus' couldn't be worse than that. And either version I'd give an axe just because we're desperate for axe cavs and that there aren't very many canonical sources of such a unit in the series. 

I decided to look for you at the Marcus FE6 supports. To run it off quickly:

Spoiler

Alen- bad.

Lance- better, but still bad.

Wolt- better, and quite possibly not bad, but not good. Also inaccurate because FE7 Eliwood did have vassals his age- well Lowen at least.

Lilina- better, I'll say good, but not amazing. I think the B is better than the A.

Roy- Roy is always right/10. :Roy:

What do all but Lilina have in common? "I'm an old man who will retire soon."

And I think you overestimate the amount of FE6 references in FE7 Marcus's supports. The Eliwood only goes into that in the A (although the "you need a wife!" is a bit like Marcus telling Lilina she needs to marry Roy). And he never says he'll defend Merlinus for years to come at all in that one (although Merlinus does ask if it is okay to leave all strategy discussions to LEH- possibly alluding to him advising Roy flak FE6). The Lowen, well Marcus is a harsh trainer, which the FE6 Roy kinda alludes to (but the Alen sort of contradicts), but otherwise includes no mention of FE6 at all. The Isadora and Harken are dull (but like with the Lance, the Harken leaves you wanting to know more), but no allusions to FE6 are ever made.

I'd say FE7 Marcus has better supports, but in neither case is Marcus a great conversationalist, with no supports of the higher tiers to be found in either version.

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

If Lex made it in as a Brave Axe user, I wonder how he'd fare against Frederick for that niche.

In stat spread, Lex would be expected to have high Def given that is what Neir Blood gives him in FE4. His Atk would likely be good, but I'd not think super high. For Heroes, he'd possibly be better inheriting something other than a Brave Axe so you could use his big Def for tanking on the enemy phase.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

If that was possible, you'd think that would be brought up in conversations about holy blood. But this is the first time I've heard of it, so I'm guessing you heard wrong. If it was true, it'd throw a giant wrench in the understanding of how Holy Blood and Holy Weapons are supposed to work. In which case, I'd ask myself why is Seliph hogging the Tyrfing, tell the little Knight Lord keep the bench warm and pass it over to his cousin Leif the indomitable Master Knight. 

35 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

*snip*

1. Best IMO was right when SI was released.  It breathed a lot of new life into old units.  It also gave me some awful ideas. :P:

2. That would be Leon.  Great art, perfect voice, nukes things that he points his bow at.  Runner-up is Spring Camilla for the sheer amount of nonsense I put her through.

3. I am way too proud of my Brave Lukas.  I built him as a player-phase unit, and he's hilarious.

4. Book 2, Chapter 1.  The chapter titles refer to the prophecy.  It's awesome.

5. The Voting Gauntlet involving long-haired guys and short-haired gals.  It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, and Shanna walked off with it.  Man, that was funny!

6. Narcian's GHB.  It was a fun challenge at the time!

7. Dancer banner.  It was impossible to pull a bad unit.

1. The best moment has to be the release of SI. I loved to see people freaking out about Vantage Takumi, only for him to get bodied by Quadsuna and the advent of the Reinhardt era.
  2. Eirika for obvious reasons. Her OG form has fallen out of grace with the addition of the Weapon refinery but I hope Sieglinde will get an update soon to get her to par with Ephraim. Still, her new version is the best red magical horse in the game so that's something.
  3. I guess getting my first OG!Eirika. It took like 4 months after her release and I got her as a 4* star with an average nature but I was seriously happy to see her. Winning CC. 11+12 before the B!Lyn got released and without any kind of merged unit is also something I'm extremely proud of.
  4. Book 2 Chapter 4. I think this one got the most dialogue and it also made me appreciate Alfonse more. Now I don't regret making him a 5* and giving him a Brave Sword+ anymore!
  5. Tempest Trials. I'm not exactly happy with how easy they've gotten but the rewards and HM farming they allow while also being the content that makes me play Heroes the most is pretty cool.
  6. A tie between the early GHB and the Warriors maps. GHB are fun when they become some sort of puzzle to solve (except for Legion's. Screw that one!), lately they've become a bit too easy but I guess I just need to stop cheesing them with fliers. After all I had tons of fun with Lyon's GHB even if it had a price of 3 stamina pots. The Warriors maps are the best way of grinding units fast and the SP they give is just the best, it has help me complete so many unit builds that I want them to be permanent.
  7. I guess it's a tie between the Holy War banner and New Year's banner. I got pretty lucky on those two!

@Quintessence

23 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So guys, we're close to Heroes' 1st anniversary and I'd like that we synthesize a few things about the game, that has had a really good year, imo:

This is a neat idea, I like having some more positivity for what Heroes has been doing so far!

1. The New Mystery banner. I love New Mystery, and I love its characters, so to see some of my favorites that I had assumed would be forgotten was so cool, and it's what really made me invested in the game again.

2. Clarisse. Again, a lot of New Mystery bias, but I liked her character and design, so I was already guaranteed to like her in Heroes. Her art isn't my favorite, but her voice and lines are perfect for her, and just getting to finally use an old favorite character outside of a lost DLC map is so awesome to me.

3. Clarisse... again, heh. Making her a 5-star +3 unit with a lot of expensive skills for both a Brave archer build and a debuffing-enemy phase build was a lot of work, but it's been incredibly satisfying to use.

4. Do Paralogues count? Echoes of Mystery was pretty good... The most recent one, Book II: Chapter 4. Book II in general has been a huge improvement so far, but this one in particular had a lot of surprisingly good character moments.

5. The first Mini Tempest, because that was the first one where I had finally finished building Olwen, who was probably my second favorite unit to build. Killing Hector thanks to Desperation was a beautiful sight to see~

6. Valter's GHB. For being one of the more difficult ones, it was also the first one that I managed to beat on Infernal with my own units and strategy.

7. I'm gonna avoid the obvious pick of New Mystery, and say Ylissean Summer. Not because of the units themselves, but because I've never had such nice luck on a banner before or after. Every summoning session had 1 5-star (off focus, but including units like Azura and Elise), and with my last orbs, I got two Summer Robins, Summer Tiki, and a 5-star Cordelia. I never got Gaius, the one I wanted most, but I certainly can't complain with what I did get.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?

7. Your favorite banner?

1. The six month anniversary I think was the greatest highlight period for the game. They really went all out for something I didn't really think warranted any sort of intense celebration. It's also generally the transition period in which most modes got major improvements like bonus runs in TT, as well as a free first summon on each banner and modern log in bonuses where you can afford to miss logging in every so often. My least favorite period was around the March through May period where we saw the most droughts of no daily orbs. This was back when 2 orbs a day was still standard, but the droughts really hurt as we lacked modes like TT and regular paralogues and quests to earn more orbs. Nowadays we sit on approximately 200 orbs a month worth of orbs, and I think we had exactly one day with no daily orb log in bonus in the last four or five months. That's assuming you had diligently logged in every day to collect orbs as soon as they were available.

I see people naming Skill Inheritance, but I would have to disagree. That update came out when the game was less than a month old. We didn't really have time to adjust to the game's base meta before throwing it all away in favor of a meta where a unit's base stats meant everything. And I'm sure a lot of the earliest whales threw out some great skill fodder in order to make space in their barracks. By contrast, the Sacred Seals shop was rolled out much more responsibly, and the Weapon Refinery was much more laser focused on bringing up the viability of units who desperately needed a boost.

2. Favorite unit is definitely Narcian. Fantastic artwork, in-game sprite, voice acting, and text dialogue. And for his stat spread, he's equipped with a great base set in Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker. He couldn't excel uniquely in any other role, and I truly believe anti-blue is his best one.

3. Maxing Hero Merit for 36 units back when the cap was 3000. That's enough to fill up a full page of faces.

4. The first Xenologue. This was for the FE7 crew early in the game. It was our first look at Veronica when she's not trying to kill the heroes, as well as a cool name drop to Bramimond, which was an eye opener for me. It was here that I noticed the developers of Heroes really appreciated the Fire Emblem series. But if we're strictly talking story chapters, any of Book 2 blows Book 1 out of the water. 

5. Tempest Trials. I've always felt this was the best mode. Being able to cheese high scores via auto battling only made me love the mode even more.

6. The last two batches of Developer Maps. Incredible opportunity to grind Hero Merit when you have level 40+ enemies with the stats of 1 star units. While Lunatic 7 is still the most stamina efficient method of grinding HM, you need an excellent team of units who haven't yet maxed out, and auto battle strats there are totally implausible.  On Developer Maps, auto battle strategies with 3 and 4 star units you weren't planning on using are well worth the discovery and investment of stamina potions. In a choice between Warriors Maps and the last batch of Developers Maps becoming permanent, I would pick Developer Maps a hundred times over

7. Probably Hero Fest #2. I wanted Ike and Ninian and I scored both without having to snipe their colors or spend too many orbs. I've had luckier banners than that, but this felt incredibly gratifying. My least favorite banner is Winter's Envoy. 221 orbs only landed me 3 pity breakers when I was pulling for any of those units. The Tempest Trial that followed especially hurt as I had no 40% bonus unit.

Edited by Glennstavos

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

7. Your favorite banner?

1. I got two: SI I like customizing stuff and it's fun to try out builds for characters if you can get the fodder to do. Weapon Refinery was a really nice addition to boost older units and make them stronger.
  2. Felicia, I like her personality and her voice (I'm playing with JP audio) it's adorable how she tries her best but is really clumsy. Great at killing mages and tanking them which helped me a lot in this game. It's ironic since I haven't played Fates yet but she's my most favorite.
  3. Building up Felicia to 5*+8 never thought I'd get this far, and lucky with the banners giving me the units that I needed.
  4. 2-4 the rest weren't really interesting IMO this one however was.
  5. CYL since everyone got a free choice for a 5* I don't like TT and VG (though using your friends' units was fun) since they're not enjoyable to me.
  6. Warriors map for the easy SP grind
  7. The FE4 Banner + Surprise Ayra since it brought characters that I liked, the New Year one was nice as well since Takumi had a great weapon and skill for Felicia.
Edited by Fei Mao