Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Speaking of Marths, I have a 4* +Spd -Res one that I've been keeping around. I didn't promote him since I have way too many swords, but if his refinement is good enough I might consider it.

As for being featured on banners, his poor base skillset rules out the possibility of being on skill banners, and there hasn't been an Archanea tempest yet. As far as I recall, he didn't fit any of the VG themes either, except for the first one. He does have a rather high chance of being on a possible weapons to refine banner though 

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Meanwhile, I literally have 10 Marths. Including my +SPD/-RES one.

But I've only ever pulled 2 Chroms and he's the Falchion user I actually wanted to build...

Here's hoping the Falchions get some good refinements and Lucina doesn't still completely and utterly outshine Chrom even after they're out on the 7th.

Edited by Zeo

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, the guy Marth "lost" second place to in CYL2 has gotten four in addition to his introductory one. And for those keeping score at home (excluding Micaiah since she hasn't been in the game for even a month yet), Seliph and M!Corrin are the only other lords who haven't been on multiple banners up to this point.

I actually think even M!Corrin got a banner... Wasn't he on the Dragon-themed VG banner? Not sure if that actually counts as one, but I'm pretty sure he got that one at least. I'm not even sure if Marth's gotten a chance to be on a VG banner. XD It's kinda sad... Marth may get a chance if they do another series of refinery banners. C'mon Falchion banner.

I mean, he's the only accessible source for Spur Speed 3, so I guess he has that going for him? I've gotten four or five copies of him at 4*, with unfailingly bad natures, so I just use him to prep units to receive both Goad Fliers and Moonbow from Palla. This is what Marth has been reduced to, and even then Barst does a better job of it since Spur Attack works just as well and you get Reposition on top.

He even manages to be the worst Falchion medic due to having the lowest HP pool of all Falchion wielders, which is really impressive since those BST points didn't go into offenses either. They just kinda disappeared into a black hole.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I actually think even M!Corrin got a banner... Wasn't he on the Dragon-themed VG banner? Not sure if that actually counts as one, but I'm pretty sure he got that one at least. I'm not even sure if Marth's gotten a chance to be on a VG banner. XD It's kinda sad... Marth may get a chance if they do another series of refinery banners. C'mon Falchion banner.

Yeah. That's the only banner M!Corrin has gotten so far though so he's in the same "one banner" boat as Marth and Seliph.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah. That's the only banner M!Corrin has gotten so far though so he's in the same "one banner" boat as Marth and Seliph.

RIP. Not enough coffee. For some reason I was thinking "what about his introductory banner--oh wait." My bad.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

C'mon Falchion banner.

That would be an utterly horrible banner in which Marth, Lucina, Chrom and Alm would all share a color. Literally no one would get what they want.

There's always the possibility of a Shadow Dragon/FE1 themed BHB with Marth on the banner. I honestly don't understand why the banners don't come back when the BHB and GHB's are rerun. More banners is always a good thing and when I first started playing Heroes "Battling _____" banners were a thing. They don't do that anymore, I wonder why.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

He even manages to be the worst Falchion medic due to having the lowest HP pool of all Falchion wielders, which is really impressive since those BST points didn't go into offenses either. They just kinda disappeared into a black hole.

For somebody named after a god of war, Marth's got pretty poor stat distribution.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

That would be an utterly horrible banner in which Marth, Lucina, Chrom and Alm would all share a color. Literally no one would get what they want.

There's always the possibility of a Shadow Dragon/FE1 themed BHB with Marth on the banner. I honestly don't understand why the banners don't come back when the BHB and GHB's are rerun. More banners is always a good thing and when I first started playing Heroes "Battling _____" banners were a thing. They don't do that anymore, I wonder why.

It's like the healer gauntlet banners all over again! *glares intensely at highly merged Maria*

I'd love a BHB with Marth and Merric, the original bromance followed by Merric totally marrying Marth's sister instead.  Marth and Caeda would be fine too. The BHB still do banners at least...they just don't get rerun which is a bummer, but I suppose I can see why. I don't know why they stopped with the GHB banners. They were pretty cool, tbh. Maybe they just didn't want to have too many smaller banners running at once? IDK if that affects sales or anything.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

RIP. Not enough coffee. For some reason I was thinking "what about his introductory banner--oh wait." My bad.

It's alright. Not helping him is that his seasonal is so far the only one to not be obtained through a banner so he doesn't even have that technicality going for him.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The sad thing is that it would be a straight-out better banner if it featured all the Falchion users *except* Marth. All he'd do is dilute the chance of getting Aether. Less desirable for players, and probably less profitable for IS.

It's no accident he hasn't reappeared - I'm sure the bean-counters have done their number-crunching and determined that he'd be a bad choice in trying to induce people to pull. Besides, most anyone who really wants him for collection purposes can get one easily via promotion. So while it makes for an interesting factoid, the reality is that he'd mostly be a waste of a focus unit slot - it's probably for the best that he continues to be absent for now.

Edited by Humanoid

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That would be an utterly horrible banner in which Marth, Lucina, Chrom and Alm would all share a color.

I’ll be fine with that. I don’t have Lucina (still!) or Alm, and all my three Chroms are 4★, and a merge for the Marth would be cool. Falchion banner pls. Give us all the swords.

All these +Spd, -Res Marths... I kind of want one even though I'd just relegate him to being a Falchion medic regardless of whatever his unique refinement is. +Def, -Res would be fine too since he'd be Saber with Falchion or sword infantry Minerva.

38 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

41 HP is still all right. It's not like he has <= 37 HP.

30 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

For somebody named after a god of war, Marth's got pretty poor stat distribution.

Meanwhile, Alm, Arthur, Jakob, Saber, and Sharena. All of them have pretty balanced stats and were more or less screwed by others having better offenses or defenses than them let alone all the new kids on the block with higher BST.

At least they're not Tobin. 46 HP and 33 defense give him good physical bulk and 26 resistance is all right, but it's kind of bad when he has an average 31 attack and slow 27 speed. He's not on a horse unlike Luke, Stahl, and Xander who get defensive buffs more easily, Alfonse, Chrom, Laslow, and Seliph have less stats than him in certain areas, but they hit much harder than him, and Hinata has much worse resistance, but trumps him physical defense. If Tobin had 3 less speed for 3 more attack, he might have been a bit better off since he'd at least hit harder. And if you wanted a free, high HP sword infantry for Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse shenanigans, then there's Marisa. She has 3 less defense and 5 less resistance, but at least she can double and avoid doubles with 36 speed to make up for that and having average attack like Tobin.

Tobin's stat spread is just awkward. It's one thing to be a jack of all trades where you're inevitably going to be outclassed, but it's another thing to have strengths that don't stand out. Tobin seems like a slow and bulky unit, but he doesn't hit hard nor is he bulky enough either in defense or resistance. Berkut at least hits hard and has access to weapon that when refined can give him +11 resistance, +4 from refining it and +7 when he's attacked, on top of his default Water Boost 3 and access to cavalry buffs.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile, Alm, Arthur, Jakob, Saber, and Sharena. All of them have pretty balanced stats and were more or less screwed by others have better offenses or defenses than them let alone all the new kids on the block with higher BST.

Meanwhile, Minerva's doing just swimmingly with the exact same stats as him. Granted she has a fairly good personal weapon and axe fliers are a much more scarce commodity than infantry swords, I know, but it's still funny how that works regardless.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, Minerva's doing just swimmingly with the exact same stats as him.

That's partly because

1. Minerva, as you mention, is an uncommon axe flier while Saber is one of the hundredth sword units.
  2. Minerva has a better base kit while Saber's is gimmicky (not a great one for that matter)
  3. Minerva has access to flier buffs requiring at least a 4* Caeda while the most Saber can get out of is Delthea's (along with Linde) Aura and they're both fellow 5* locked characters. 

On the topic of Marth, he's... interesting. He's +Atk, but -Spd, though with Fury it goes up to 37 (he's +4 merged btw). He's pretty underrated and I use him every once in a while.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, Minerva's doing just swimmingly with the exact same stats as him. Granted she has a fairly good personal weapon and axe fliers are a much more scarce commodity than infantry swords, I know, but it's still funny how that works regardless.

I was going to include Abel, Cain, Minerva, Narcian, Palla, and maybe someone else and mention how some of them got off better by having access to movement type buffs and/or legendary/personal weapons, but I wanted to focus on infantry units. Melee ones too even though I listed Jakob, but anyway, point still stands about units with balanced stats. Balanced stats usually means they won't excel at something, but that doesn't mean their stats are poorly distributed.

Except for my spiel about Tobin and kind of Setsuna where she doesn't really excel at anything, but speed, but at least she has average attack which isn't that great when you don't have WTA, I don't think anyone has poorly distributed stats. It could have been better, favoritism or otherwise, like Tobin could have had a bit more attack, defense, resistance, or HP, but there's intent. The other thing is that there's enough stat points that something will be high or average at the very least. That is unless the developers release severely crippled joke characters with 120-ish BST which nobody would want, so that would be a massive waste of time and money.

17 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

That's partly because

1. Minerva, as you mention, is an uncommon axe flier while Saber is one of the hundredth sword units.
  2. Minerva has a better base kit while Saber's is gimmicky (not a great one for that matter)
  3. Minerva has access to flier buffs requiring at least a 4* Caeda while the most Saber can get out of is Delthea's (along with Linde) Aura and they're both fellow 5* locked characters. 

Yeah, this is all true. Saber essentially got screwed over by being given that stat spread while simultaneously being assigned as an infantry unit, the one movement type that doesn't have its own "Hone", "Fortify", etc. buffs to take advantage of. Him also being a sword user only further doomed his viability.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, this is all true. Saber essentially got screwed over by being given that stat spread while simultaneously being assigned as an infantry unit, the one movement type that doesn't have its own "Hone", "Fortify", etc. buffs to take advantage of. Him also being a sword user only further doomed his viability.

They kinda dug a grave in his grave by then giving Hauteclair the built-in combo of Wo Dao + Killer weapon bonuses on the same legendary weapon...

Heavy Bladed Luna sounds pretty tasty right about now...

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Marth having literally never appeared on a banner since the release more than a year ago didn’t help.

Ironically Marth is my most common red 4 star summon on my main account. Never pulled him at 5 star though.

in my second account it's Hana (11 3 stars!). Then it's Raighs (ugh).

also all this Saber talk randomly makes me want to do a Saber and Barst support. Saber fought pirates in early Celica maps (yet looks like one) while Barst used to be one. Any pirate-related characters in Heroes right now? Or that could be added?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll be fine with that. I don’t have Lucina (still!) or Alm, and all my three Chroms are 4★, and a merge for the Marth would be cool. Falchion banner pls. Give us all the swords.

I'm in the literal same boat, except I have 9 Marths I can use to merge whenever I feel like it. An optimal Chrom I can promote whenever. Alm is extraordinarily underwhelming as a unit which leaves Lucina as the premiere unit to get on the banner. The refinery might make them all a bit more enticing but it's just a horrible idea for a banner. The New Mystery banner is one I got really lucky with (I only wanted Athena, whom I got) but in hindsight, it was a nightmare trying to pull for the specific unit you wanted. Especially in the game's current state where orbs are limited unless you whale and every new banner has some form of powercreep or meta/extremely useful units. Nevermind the superbanner at the end of every month.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ironically Marth is my most common red 4 star summon on my main account. Never pulled him at 5 star though.

in my second account it's Hana (11 3 stars!). Then it's Raighs (ugh).

also all this Saber talk randomly makes me want to do a Saber and Barst support. Saber fought pirates in early Celica maps (yet looks like one) while Barst used to be one. Any pirate-related characters in Heroes right now? Or that could be added?

Dart. Jake. Fargus?

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Dart. Jake. Fargus?

Dart is also implied to be Rebecca’s long-lost brother which connects him to a character already included in Heroes. @mcsilas

There is also Darros from both Archanean games. Ross can promote into a pirate. Any others?

Edited by Vaximillian