Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Missed seals are no big deal, since most of them (or all of them?) become available in the forge section to create a new seal. 

@immatx Every Sacred Seal from before the Christmas Tempest Trials is currently available from the Seal Forge. The ones from more recent Tempest Trials will almost certainly be added in a later update.

@Kaden Because the technical writing team for the English localization is not very consistent and not particularly good at making things clear. In all cases, it really should be "If unit has a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" to be as clear as possible. They shouldn't use "a defensive Special" because that's creating terminology not used by the skills themselves whereas "a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" tells you exactly what they mean.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@immatx Every Sacred Seal from before the Christmas Tempest Trials is currently available from the Seal Forge. The ones from more recent Tempest Trials will almost certainly be added in a later update.

Gotcha. You mentioned in the Eldigan thread that you have a really good Peri build, do you mind sharing? I have 9 of her so figured I might as well build her up.

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Gotcha. You mentioned in the Eldigan thread that you have a really good Peri build, do you mind sharing? I have 9 of her so figured I might as well build her up.

My current Peri runs this:

[+Atk, -Res]
Firesweep Lance+, Brave Lance+, Killer Lance+
Reposition, Draw Back
Dragon Fang, Draconic Aura
Life and Death 3
Lancebreaker 3, Drag Back, Desperation 3
Fortify Cavalry, Hone Cavalry, Threaten Def 3
Heavy Blade 3, Attack +3, Speed +3

If Heavy Blade is currently in use by Eldigan, then she has Draconic Aura equipped instead. Pretty much the only time Eldigan doesn't have Heavy Blade, though, is when I'm doing my Peri solos. Luna can be used instead of Draconic Aura and probably has better performance.

A +Spd nature is also considered optimal. +Atk gives her the flexibility of switching back to Brave Lance if she needs to, and I've found a few times where the +Atk has helped secure her kills in my solo runs of Grand Hero Battles and Bound Hero Battles. However, +Spd is probably better for general use with Firesweep Lance. Killer Lance is a hold-over from her default kit, but it comes in handy now and then in challenge content.

Lancebreaker 3 is used for general use. It's useless in my solo runs because she needs to be at low health to activate Wings of Mercy on my dancers. Drag Back is typically used instead for those. Desperation is used when she has Brave Lance or Killer Lance.

Fortify Cavalry is specifically for buffing Eldigan because Elise carries Hone Cavalry. Hone Cavalry is used for general use. Threaten Def 3 is used in challenge content.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Shield Pulse stuff

"If unit's Special triggers based on a foe's attack" is ambiguous in English, as it can apply both to having a Special that will trigger based on a foe's attack and to the actual act of the Special triggering.  Ideally, they would use something like Ice Dragon's version to be clearer, and use "When" if they refer to the action happening.  Unfortunately they don't, as seen by the differences between Wrath and Wo Dao descriptions (Wrath uses "If Special triggers", Wo Dao uses "...when Special triggers.", like the second part of Shield Pulse).

It is technically correct, just ambiguous.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because the technical writing team for the English localization is not very consistent and not particularly good at making things clear. In all cases, it really should be "If unit has a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" to be as clear as possible. They shouldn't use "a defensive Special" because that's creating terminology not used by the skills themselves whereas "a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" tells you exactly what they mean.

It just needs to change it to "If unit's Special will trigger based on a foe's attack" and it suddenly becomes much less ambiguous (and adds fewer characters).

I was going to promote Merric today... but then I realized that it's the anniversary. That seems deserving of something a bit more special, so I finally decided to do something I probably should've done a while ago.

image.png?width=261&height=465image.png?width=261&height=465image.png?width=261&height=465

Happy birthday, Alf. I never 5-starred any of the Askr trio all of last year, so I may as well start off this year of the game by doing so. Having guaranteed Arena units would be really nice (this season was... unkind in that regard), so I'll probably promote the other two soon as well.

...Now to figure out how to actually build Alf here...

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Hauteclere is refined with the unique refine, it's dealing 10 damage with its special skill activation.

I prefer Guard as the B skill and Quick Riposte as the S skill because I can't guarantee that there will be a fortification tile for him to stand on.

I believe they had a +Spd refine or none at all. Even still, 10 damage is nothing from the most threatening enemy on the map. Even if there is no fortification tile, I have spur and rally support so he can handle axes anyway. The only enemy that poses even a slight threat is Windsweep Amelia. And that is why I run a red unit.

34 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I was going to promote Merric today... but then I realized that it's the anniversary. That seems deserving of something a bit more special, so I finally decided to do something I probably should've done a while ago.

image.png?width=261&height=465image.png?width=261&height=465image.png?width=261&height=465

Happy birthday, Alf. I never 5-starred any of the Askr trio all of last year, so I may as well start off this year of the game by doing so. Having guaranteed Arena units would be really nice (this season was... unkind in that regard), so I'll probably promote the other two soon as well.

You can go Brave Sword+ with him. A breaker really helps his low speed.

That said even if you just slap Swordbreaker on him and use his default kit (Death Blow is nice) and give him a different special he works well enough. 

I gave mine Draconic Aura but maybe Luna or Bonfire works depending on your preferences. 

28 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This is a pretty interesting post on the part of the localization team:

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/170426537347/happy-anniversary-summoners

Their comments on FE4 in particular.  

I'm so happy to see that one of them is making a +10 Freddy! More love for him! <3

31 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This is a pretty interesting post on the part of the localization team:

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/170426537347/happy-anniversary-summoners

Their comments on FE4 in particular.  

Genealogy wasn’t the first game to give bonuses to characters when they were near someone dear to them, but it expanded the concept greatly and even introduced things famous to the series, like the weapon triangle and skills! There is a lot I want to say, but…since many players have yet to experience the game, I won’t spoil anything about the story here. Let’s just say that it’s much easier to increase the bond between Seliph and Julia in Fire Emblem Heroes than it was in the original game.

Maybe he's just casually confident the game will be remade sometime in the future. I certainly am. I think it's cool they made their own script database of the main series games, including the ones that aren't in English. That, to me, sounds like it could serve as a crucial prep work assignment for localizing said scripts. 'Course if the game was going to be remade, we'd be talking about an entirely revised script, and they would have to localize that new version. BUT, say there were plans to localize the original games for a VC release on switch, now we'd be cooking. You guys won't be laughing at me when localized Mother 3 finally appears.

I'm glad they get such a kick out of making references to the original games. I'm certainly delighted to find them.

Edited by Glennstavos

42 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Any reason why you picked the worst of the bunch? As far as building him goes, you might want to wait until whenever the Askr trio finally gets to upgrade their weapons. In the meantime, a low investment build of Swordbreaker and repo/draw back should work just fine.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You can go Brave Sword+ with him. A breaker really helps his low speed.

That said even if you just slap Swordbreaker on him and use his default kit (Death Blow is nice) and give him a different special he works well enough. 

I gave mine Draconic Aura but maybe Luna or Bonfire works depending on your preferences. 

He does have pretty good Atk, so that may be an idea. I gave him Axebreaker for now since I had a Laslow to spare, but Swordbreaker would probably be better for general use once I get a spare Abel. Shame his base weapon is... not the best, but it'll probably be necessary to keep for the Arena for points. I like the consistency of Bonfire,  so maybe I'll go for that. for now, and switch it up if I feel it doesn't work well; I have fodder for all three, thankfully.

Just now, Hawk King said:

Any reason why you picked the worst of the bunch? As far as building him goes, you might want to wait until whenever the Askr trio finally gets to upgrade their weapons. In the meantime, a low investment build of Swordbreaker and repo/draw back should work just fine.

Honestly? Mainly just because he's the first one listed in the Catalog. That, and I think he's next in the Arena cycle, and I don't want to end up with absolutely nobody to use like I've had to this season. Otherwise, I'm not really hurting for a selection of good swords, lances, or axes, so I just decided to promote them in order for occasional emergency Arena use.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

If he's just a bonus unit for a reasonably merged arena team, you can just make him a WoM+Repo/RecAid+Spur support bot. If you're fine with Fólkvangr and don't mind something a little gimmicky, he could probably use the ol' Brash+Desperation. He can work with a Brave Sword/Breaker, too.

Lately I've been wondering if the entertainment factor would be worth giving him a physical melee defense set.

Edited by LordFrigid

Speaking of the Arena, I haven’t used any bonus hero for months now. Inigo, Delthea, Deidre and Elincia have been my arena team for all this time. Meh, I still get the 3 orbs. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

48 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Maybe he's just casually confident the game will be remade sometime in the future. I certainly am. I think it's cool they made their own script database of the main series games, including the ones that aren't in English. That, to me, sounds like it could serve as a crucial prep work assignment for localizing said scripts. 'Course if the game was going to be remade, we'd be talking about an entirely revised script, and they would have to localize that new version. BUT, say there were plans to localize the original games for a VC release on switch, now we'd be cooking. You guys won't be laughing at me when localized Mother 3 finally appears.

I'm glad they get such a kick out of making references to the original games. I'm certainly delighted to find them.

Why do you think they'd revise the script? The story is the best part of the game, its great.....

Just now, immatx said:

Why do you think they'd revise the script? The story is the best part of the game, its great.....

It’d need to be updated here and there so it doesn’t feel too dated. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

It’d need to be updated here and there so it doesn’t feel too dated. 

Ohhhh ok. When I read that I figured it was to make it lighter, less serious/dark, and more like the recent games.

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

I don't mean the story itself would change. Just that they'd have to work with a new draft that sounds better and incorporates any new mechanics or characters they plan to add.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Kaden Because the technical writing team for the English localization is not very consistent and not particularly good at making things clear. In all cases, it really should be "If unit has a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" to be as clear as possible. They shouldn't use "a defensive Special" because that's creating terminology not used by the skills themselves whereas "a Special that triggers based on a foe's attack" tells you exactly what they mean.

3 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

"If unit's Special triggers based on a foe's attack" is ambiguous in English, as it can apply both to having a Special that will trigger based on a foe's attack and to the actual act of the Special triggering.  Ideally, they would use something like Ice Dragon's version to be clearer, and use "When" if they refer to the action happening.  Unfortunately they don't, as seen by the differences between Wrath and Wo Dao descriptions (Wrath uses "If Special triggers", Wo Dao uses "...when Special triggers.", like the second part of Shield Pulse).

It is technically correct, just ambiguous.

It just needs to change it to "If unit's Special will trigger based on a foe's attack" and it suddenly becomes much less ambiguous (and adds fewer characters).

I added "(defensive)" just for the purposes of keeping track what I was posting.

Annnnd... now I understand what the description of Shield Pulse is saying in regards to how it functions in game. I don't know why, but I was wondering what the first part had to do with the second part since you can't have -1 special cooldown on turn 1 after turn 1. Nope, it's saying that if the unit is using skills such as Escutcheon or Sacred Cowl, then they will have -1 special cooldown at the start of a map. That being said, maybe "If unit's Special reduces foe's damage..." would have worked better.

Edited by Kaden

Been thinking a lot about Year 2's seasonal banners. I remember when these first became a thing, people who played other gacha games said that these banners would probably be re-run alongside new banners of characters that follow the same theme once a year had passed. That definitely feels like a worst case scenario for the sake of collecting seasonals, I'd never catch up.

But maybe instead of re-running the first year's banners as they are, they could do a 4 star focus of those units. Then I'd be onboard with the idea.

Well. Spent 20k of my 80k feather to promote a Serra. +SPD/-HP.

The first healer I've ever promoted to *5 and not even a hint of regret. If I ever +10 a healer, it will be Serra. Maybe Wrys and Lucius are better magic tanks. Maybe Priscilla and Clarine have horse advantage, maybe Sakura and Lissa are better physical tanks, but none of them are my favorite healer. She will one day replace Genny and maybe even will eat her.

Edited by Zeo

Ugh. Just realised Nintendo points disappeared after 30 days so i didn't get the ones from The first two chapters of Book 2

oh well i just claimed chapter 3 and 4 and exchanged then for feathers before they disappear.

do we get points for CYL as well?

@Zeo ooh hope she works out well! Let me know how she goes

Edited by mcsilas