Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd still bet a highly merged Freddie would be pretty good, although you may be right about the TA2. Same with Bartre. 

Urgh, it's stupid Tharja I hate going against now. I have some blue mages with red tomebreaker that can get her, but I like killing on enemy phase and it's hard to do with her. I'm even more glad she didn't win that poll thing otherwise she'd be everywhere >.< 

Roll on Ike being everywhere. My lancers know how to take him down :D 

Fjorm is a pretty good Tharja counter. Though I assume you're probably talking about Winter Tharja, right? She doesn't always get the kill on super merged Winter Tharja, but she does pretty well I'd say, and I'm just using the free one we got with her base kit. I usually have someone with Rally SPD/RES on my team, but even without buffs, she does pretty well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I wish the way summoning worked is that getting pity broke by an off focus unit only resets your off focus percent, with the same thing happening, but only when you get a focus unit

Ooh that will be nice.

I also wish that if we summon a 3 star we get a bitter pity rate boost than a 4 star summon. It just feels bad to get 3 star summons of the same unit over and over again.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Fjorm is a pretty good Tharja counter. Though I assume you're probably talking about Winter Tharja, right? She doesn't always get the kill on super merged Winter Tharja, but she does pretty well I'd say, and I'm just using the free one we got with her base kit. I usually have someone with Rally SPD/RES on my team, but even without buffs, she does pretty well.

Yup, Winter Tharja. Normal Tharja isn't that hard. I have a few high res archers that usually do the trick. 

That's true. I tend to use Fjorm and Linde... and if I come across more than two, I bring out  normal Cordelia... more than three and I start reaching gah territory. I have recently given my 4* Oliver red tome breaker, so he might be the next on the list. Might have to TA him, though. 

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He'll be able to have 36, maybe 37 Spd

Run +Spd for 40 speed at base madness heheheh

+7 means you're only 3 merges away! HOW DOES IT FEEL!?
Running him in arena boosts your score super high too i imagine

Yup, Winter Tharja. Normal Tharja isn't that hard. I have a few high res archers that usually do the trick. 

That's true. I tend to use Fjorm and Linde... and if I come across more than two, I bring out  normal Cordelia... more than three and I start reaching gah territory. I have recently given my 4* Oliver red tome breaker, so he might be the next on the list. Might have to TA him, though. 

Hm... TA3 Robin might be able to handle her. I don't know how much damage he'll be doing, but Bonfire will certainly help, and he doesn't even need R. Tomebreaker. However, he may need support. I suppose some other options are building a 4 star Est or Florina. Once again, I haven't run a battle simulation, and they wouldn't be able to counter her on enemy phase, but they have armor slaying weapons, pretty good speed, and high enough RES to maybe withstand a few attacks. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

+7 means you're only 3 merges away! HOW DOES IT FEEL!?
Running him in arena boosts your score super high too i imagine

Feels awesome. :D

And yeah, I use him in arena a lot for that reason.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hm... TA3 Robin might be able to handle her. I don't know how much damage he'll be doing, but Bonfire will certainly help, and he doesn't even need R. Tomebreaker. However, he may need support. I suppose some other options are building a 4 star Est or Florina. Once again, I haven't run a battle simulation, and they wouldn't be able to counter her on enemy phase, but they have armor slaying weapons, pretty good speed, and high enough RES to maybe withstand a few attacks. 

My Robin does have TA3, but he does tend to be used more for Brave Bow Lyns. I do have Henry and Lyon to take that role now, too... so maybe he can be set aside for Tharja. I seem to come across varying levels of both. 

I severely dislike Est so she won't be coming into my party at all, but I was considering Florina or Oboro, since they both come with handy heavy spears (of which I currently have none at 5*). Would those two be handy? Or would it be better snatching their weapons for my lance units, instead? I can give Oboro TA2 if that'd help her. 

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wish I could help you there since my Summer Freddy was originally that very same nature until I pulled two more in the RD Ike banner. :P But I haven't studied enough of his possibilities yet. I will eventually though, so I can make a thread for him in the analysis board.

And while we're still talking about Frederick...

Capture_2018-02-26-18-44-061.png

Mine's been made a bit more ridiculous. :D Got enough feathers today to make him +7! But now I'm fresh out of spare Freddys and can't seem to pull anymore of him. >_<

Just wait until I pull a +Def, -Res Freddy to get rid of the -Spd here. He'll be able to have 36, maybe 37 Spd with a Hone Cav buff and that's BEFORE any Goads might take effect. I love you, Freddy! :3

@Rezzy @Arcanite

With the new Map Mode, it looks like Goads and Wards will be a lot better, since they can stack pretty much to 12 under the right circumstances.  Too bad I think Goad Cavalry is a 5* exclusive skill right now.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

With the new Map Mode, it looks like Goads and Wards will be a lot better, since they can stack pretty much to 12 under the right circumstances.  Too bad I think Goad Cavalry is a 5* exclusive skill right now.

Doesnt Ursula have it?

I cant really remember lol

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Doesnt Ursula have it?

I cant really remember lol

Camus and Reinhardt, but Reinhardt doesn't unlock it until 5*.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, but I got Reinhardt for Goading, thankfully! I do plan to give him and Freddy the same kind of blessing.

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

My Robin does have TA3, but he does tend to be used more for Brave Bow Lyns. I do have Henry and Lyon to take that role now, too... so maybe he can be set aside for Tharja. I seem to come across varying levels of both. 

I severely dislike Est so she won't be coming into my party at all, but I was considering Florina or Oboro, since they both come with handy heavy spears (of which I currently have none at 5*). Would those two be handy? Or would it be better snatching their weapons for my lance units, instead? I can give Oboro TA2 if that'd help her. 

Ran some quick calculations. A 5 star +ATK -SPD Oboro deals 48 damage (enough to KO winter Tharja) in one hit. A +DEF -SPD Oboro deals exactly 43 damage to a neutral Tharja which is enough to KO her. If Tharja is +DEF, then Oboro (w/ -SPD) is still fast enough to double her but takes quite a bit of damage. Even a 4 star Oboro seems to do the job. Granted outcome may vary depending on  builds, buffs, merges, etc. You get a similar outcome with Florina (even at 4 stars). She's got lower base ATK, but she's plenty fast and takes significantly less damage. 

And then like you said, there's always the option to give their weapons to other characters. 

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ran some quick calculations. A 5 star +ATK -SPD Oboro deals 48 damage (enough to KO winter Tharja) in one hit. A +DEF -SPD Oboro deals exactly 43 damage to a neutral Tharja which is enough to KO her. If Tharja is +DEF, then Oboro (w/ -SPD) is still fast enough to double her but takes quite a bit of damage. Even a 4 star Oboro seems to do the job. Granted outcome may vary depending on  builds, buffs, merges, etc. You get a similar outcome with Florina (even at 4 stars). She's got lower base ATK, but she's plenty fast and takes significantly less damage. 

And then like you said, there's always the option to give their weapons to other characters. 

Interesting. Annoyingly, I seem to have got rid of all of my Oboros except for one +Spd version, so I'm currently waiting for a +Atk version before I get her up there. My Florina is +Spd and I could do with more fliers, so she'll probably be one of my next upgrades then :) 

Interesting. Annoyingly, I seem to have got rid of all of my Oboros except for one +Spd version, so I'm currently waiting for a +Atk version before I get her up there. My Florina is +Spd and I could do with more fliers, so she'll probably be one of my next upgrades then :) 

You probably don't even need to upgrade her to make her useful. If all you need her for is Winter Tharja counter, you could easily do a budget build. But upgrading her is always an option. She doesn't have color advantage, but Caeda has turned out to be one of my FAVORITE fliers to use just because her new weapon is amazing, even without its refinement. She's great for fighting horses and because her RES is great, Winter Tharja shouldn't be much of a problem. 

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

You probably don't even need to upgrade her to make her useful. If all you need her for is Winter Tharja counter, you could easily do a budget build. But upgrading her is always an option. She doesn't have color advantage, but Caeda has turned out to be one of my FAVORITE fliers to use just because her new weapon is amazing, even without its refinement. She's great for fighting horses and because her RES is great, Winter Tharja shouldn't be much of a problem. 

She's someone else I've been looking at for an upgrade, despite being 4-5* (since I'm trying to promote all my 3-4*s at some point). She's used in a couple of budget flier builds against certain GHBs. If she tackles Winter Tharja, she'll be another great pick, too, then :D 

Looking forward to all the feathers from this upcoming gauntlet. I can make a more serious pick then ^.^ 

Huh. Speaking of Oboros I'm not sure if I should go with a +Def one, +Atk one or +Res one for a Berkut's Lance build (she has more resistance than Shiro and Lukas, and obviously less Res than Fjorm but at least that's something than the other regular male infantry lancers)

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Freddy is cool, I like this guy. I was thinking of using his summer version for my next Avatar, I only need to add nerdy glasses. 

Speaking of Summer Freddy, would he be good for your Matthew/rogue dagger build, @Zeo? Mine is +DEF/-SPD, which means he trades ATK for SPD in comparison. 

No. With the +DEF his bulk is inbetween Saizo and Matthew with Matthew's defense which is good! But that -SPD bane takes him down to 28 speed which is pretty horrible. Even with a SPD refinement he's only hitting 30 SPD which is still pretty bad. Part of the beauty of Matthew's spread is that he has just enough speed to avoid generally getting doubled while also having the bulk to take doubles if he needs to. Frederick hits for a decent amount of damage, but Matthew beats him there if he doubles as well on top of having more HP With a nature like that you're limited. You can run the CC build but you'll be proccing less specials due to not doubling and he'll be getting roasted by mages since they'll double him virtually all the time.

If you were going to go CC for that particular S!Frederick, I'd reccomend a Quick Riposte build. CC with either QR in the B slot or using the seal. If you run the QR seal then you can run Seal ATK/SPD 2 in his B slot with ATK or SPD Smoke 3 in the C slot for a pretty close variant of the optimal Matthew CC build which would work nicely. But if you run QR in the B slot you can put whatever suits your fancy in the seal slot (Seal ATK or ATK Smoke come to mind personally). Running Dual Smokes sounds pretty nice but it's up to you.

Even with a build like this his SPD kills his potential as a mixed tank You should go for a Physical tank oriented build as magic will destroy him unless he's got Bonfire ready. So you can do either a DEF or SPD refine on the Rogue Dagger+ if you're going for something like that. Even then Saizo can do something similar with a +ATK/-DEF nature, and he can do it without getting doubled by everyone.

My S!Frederick is +SPD/-HP and he runs Darting Blow/Seal ATK/SPD 2 with an empty C and S slot since I'm indecisive. He also has Moonbow. He isn't the best but he does hit 34/42 offenses for his first turn. He's waiting on a Renewal Seal. That'll be what rests on him. C slot will probably be something like Hone SPD 3.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah it was just a theorycraft a long time ago, so not really going with it.

Hmm I just realised Chilling Speed is an inheritable B skill. Would you think you'd give it to any of the dagger users?

Or are you waiting for Chilling Attack or something whenever it is introduced for Matthew?

Probably not, actually. Most dagger units actually want their B slot like Desperation/Breaker/Sweep for the offensive/fast daggers and Guard/QR/Seal XYZ for the tanks. Being able to debuff one enemy, even if it's the most dangerous to me isn't worth sacrificing that slot. Maybe Chilling ATK would be different, but it's hard to say. I think Chilling Skills would probably be best served on Dazzling Healers as they don't necessarily need their B-Slot and are likely not to see direct combat.

If there is one thing I’m wondering about, it’s who the legendary hero is, as the hero is probably coming tonight from what I remember. I do hope the legendary is either an armor or a flier. Maybe even a staff flier

Edit: Just rembered it’s tomorrow night

Edited by Poimagic

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

If there is one thing I’m wondering about, it’s who the legendary hero is, as the hero is probably coming tonight from what I remember. I do hope the legendary is either an armor or a flier. Maybe even a staff flier.

Legendary unit is Ephraim lance user. Talk about it all you want, I am skipping this while hunting for LA!Lyn.

49 minutes ago, Zeo said:

No. With the +DEF his bulk is inbetween Saizo and Matthew with Matthew's defense which is good! But that -SPD bane takes him down to 28 speed which is pretty horrible. Even with a SPD refinement he's only hitting 30 SPD which is still pretty bad. Part of the beauty of Matthew's spread is that he has just enough speed to avoid generally getting doubled while also having the bulk to take doubles if he needs to. Frederick hits for a decent amount of damage, but Matthew beats him there if he doubles as well on top of having more HP With a nature like that you're limited. You can run the CC build but you'll be proccing less specials due to not doubling and he'll be getting roasted by mages since they'll double him virtually all the time.

If you were going to go CC for that particular S!Frederick, I'd reccomend a Quick Riposte build. CC with either QR in the B slot or using the seal. If you run the QR seal then you can run Seal ATK/SPD 2 in his B slot with ATK or SPD Smoke 3 in the C slot for a pretty close variant of the optimal Matthew CC build which would work nicely. But if you run QR in the B slot you can put whatever suits your fancy in the seal slot (Seal ATK or ATK Smoke come to mind personally). Running Dual Smokes sounds pretty nice but it's up to you.

Even with a build like this his SPD kills his potential as a mixed tank You should go for a Physical tank oriented build as magic will destroy him unless he's got Bonfire ready. So you can do either a DEF or SPD refine on the Rogue Dagger+ if you're going for something like that. Even then Saizo can do something similar with a +ATK/-DEF nature, and he can do it without getting doubled by everyone.

My S!Frederick is +SPD/-HP and he runs Darting Blow/Seal ATK/SPD 2 with an empty C and S slot since I'm indecisive. He also has Moonbow. He isn't the best but he does hit 34/42 offenses for his first turn. He's waiting on a Renewal Seal. That'll be what rests on him. C slot will probably be something like Hone SPD 3.

Probably not, actually. Most dagger units actually want their B slot like Desperation/Breaker/Sweep for the offensive/fast daggers and Guard/QR/Seal XYZ for the tanks. Being able to debuff one enemy, even if it's the most dangerous to me isn't worth sacrificing that slot. Maybe Chilling ATK would be different, but it's hard to say. I think Chilling Skills would probably be best served on Dazzling Healers as they don't necessarily need their B-Slot and are likely not to see direct combat.

Speaking of Frederick- would a +Def/-HP fare better for a Rogue Dagger refine build? I kind of like Seashell for the stat boost, but looking at your vids I kind of want to try a group debuff build. No Close Counter fodder though so maybe just Fury or something for A skill.