Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Lilina I've had a +2 all along (I have no one higher) so I very much welcome that one.

I fondly remember the time when Lilina was my anti-pineapple option. Quite the two months.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Chrom is the only one who I think could benefit from these name upgrades

Ephraim will never get my dew because I have better upgrades to choose from and I already have L'ephraim

Hector will never get my dew, because I don't like him that much and I have other unit's to give dew to

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I fondly remember the time when Lilina was my anti-pineapple option. Quite the two months.

She was my best unit in the first month of the game because my only 5-star unit was a healer. So even though I knew next to nothing about her coming into FEH, she's kind of a sentimental favourite now.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

In the middle of the night (4 o'clock), driving my car on a foggy Swiss road and listening to Freddy Mercury, I found the solution to my newest one-turn clear:

Hide contents

... and no, I didn't make the vid while driving the car ^^'

@Zeo @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Infinite Dreams 

Whoa, so awesome!  :D:  That was very satisfying to watch.  I haven't played around much with Galeforce myself, so seeing it in action is pretty fun.  Thanks for the tag.  :]

One thing to note about the name upgrades is that they cost 150 dew instead of 200.

I hope these FE6 upgrades are good and don't end up like Leo's. 

Edited by Korath88

Ephraim got a damned sweet deal out of this one. You can now run something like

Ephraim [+Atk, -Res] (Flame Siegmund, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Heavy Blade 3)

for 60 Atk on initiation and not have to worry about trying to keep his HP topped off.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

I hope these upgrades are good and don't end up like Leo's. 

What's bad about Leo's weapon refine?

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

One thing to note about the name upgrades is that they cost 150 dew instead of 200.

I hope these FE6 upgrades are good and don't end up like Leo's. 

Leo is decent in his own right. Reinhardt will kill him, but stands a good chance against a +10 Tailtiu while he's unmerged

Edited by silveraura25

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m damn hyped for my Atk/HP Lilina who was my very first five-star ever.

Sadly, mine isn't quite as optimal (+Res/-Spd) though I suppose what I got isn't the worst combo either for Lilina anyways. That free pull Delthea I got still makes me sad...

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sadly, mine isn't quite as optimal (+Res/-Spd) though I suppose what I got isn't the worst combo either for Lilina anyways. That free pull Delthea I got still makes me sad...

You get free pulls. I get Wrys.

I actually use Lilina as a bladetome unit. She hits like a truck when she’s paired with Ephraim, and the fact she’s +Speed really helps here sneak in some doubles. Pretty underrated imo. I really hope Forblaze is phenomenal enough to drop a bladetome.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You get free pulls. I get Wrys.

Don't worry, I've gotten my fair share of crap free pulls too. It's just that my first Delthea was +Res/-Atk and then I get her again...but as +Res/-Spd... I can't take that as anything other than the game openly mocking me. Though I guess it's better than my Linde, who is +doesn't exist/-still doesn't exist.

Edited by Tybrosion

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ephraim [+Atk, -Res] (Flame Siegmund, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Heavy Blade 3)

for 60 Atk on initiation and not have to worry about trying to keep his HP topped off.

He's one of those characters that really needed a large boost to become relevant but ended up with something really niche instead. Made a little worse by having the effect use his lower defensive stat.

Takumi's upgrade is similarly underwhelming, especially when compared to stuff like Alm's Falchion or the Wing sword

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I actually use Lilina as a bladetome unit. She hits like a truck when she’s paired with Ephraim, and the fact she’s +Speed really helps here sneak in some doubles. Pretty underrated imo. I really hope Forblaze is phenomenal enough to drop a bladetome.

Forblaze: Bestows its user with a bonus of +5 Luck; Effective against Wyvern Riders, Wyvern Lords, and Manaketes.
I'm not sure how they'd implement it's original effect in Heroes. They'll probably ditch the dragon effectiveness

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

They'll probably ditch the dragon effectiveness

I exactly expect the dragon effectiveness because of the dragons that got added and/or buffed recently.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

while Ephraims upgrade can be nice, the fact he is an Infantery unit makes it alot harder to use for him, besides he looses then his buffbot status :/. I think his original upgrade is better suited for him as an Infantery unit

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I exactly expect the dragon effectiveness because of the dragons that got added and/or buffed recently.

hmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmm

Nope, better ask Zephiel how to do those noises.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Forblaze: Bestows its user with a bonus of +5 Luck; Effective against Wyvern Riders, Wyvern Lords, and Manaketes.
I'm not sure how they'd implement it's original effect in Heroes. They'll probably ditch the dragon effectiveness

The other GBA legendary weapon that gave a luck boost was Nidhogg and that one got an owl effect. Part of me hopes that won't be the case here, since Soren already has a legendary owltome.

14 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Made a little worse by having the effect use his lower defensive stat.

Unless if it's mine (+Def/-Res). That super-boon in Def finally gets to pay off that super-bane in Res, not so much. Besides, I don't think there was anything they could've possibly given him that would've put him on the same level as that...other red tome cav.......

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Unless if it's mine (+Def/-Res). That super-boon in Def finally gets to pay off that super-bane in Res, not so much. Besides, I don't think there was anything they could've possibly given him that would've put him on the same level as that...other red tome cav.......

True, his statline isn't something that can be fixed easily (especially that attack stat). Still, making the upgrade so dependent on a specific superboon, especially on a 5* exclusive unit probably wasn't the best decision.

Mage Eirika and Leo work really differently. Eirika's meant to be a player phase unit who wants to take one hit at most to activate desperation, and then just double the fuck out of everything. Works really well with Reinhardt and can substitute for Brave Lyn if I don't need stupid high speed or a bow.

Leo's an enemy phase unit with his low speed and quick riposte. I keep forgetting that Leo's attack isn't that great because mine is +atk, but I think what would have helped him out a lot is if his tome gave innate distant defense or if his defense and resistance stats were a bit higher. He isn't as great of an EP mage tank like my Micaiah or Deirdre or f!Morgan because of lower resistance and no distance defense-like skill to buff it up. Which is why he gets my distant defense seal.

EDIT: And Sanaki. My Sanaki is my best res tank of them all with 40+6 resistance. How on earth did I forget to mention her?

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eirika's meant to be a player phase unit who wants to take one hit at most to activate desperation, and then just double the fuck out of everything. Works really well with Reinhardt and can substitute for Brave Lyn if I don't need stupid high speed or a bow.

Nah, this is what she's actually meant to be.

Spoiler

YQLjKox.png?1

Target practice for an actual mage lord.

Well, on the topic of underwhelming refinements, can someone try to justify Takumi's refinement to me? Because all it does is grant him mobility, and does nothing to help his combat ability. (Though it does keep up the trend of all prf bows being worse than Brave/Firesweep)

Edited by Korath88

Hey, I happen to like both Eirika and Leo well enough. And having more options is certainly better than having fewer!

Edited by Sunwoo

46 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid nicceee! I might try that but does it need the merge levels? None of my units are merged though.

I tried to one-round Grima, but 67 ATK was not enough. BH!Roy +5 +SPD/-HP (which is +2 ATK over an unmerged neutral Roy), with ATK+3 seal and ATK tactics = 67. 

I had to use the Savage blow seal to chip her down. Perhaps Siegbert could repeat that, but he would need a different A-Skill or seal to double Grima (38 SPD). Perhaps he wouldn't even need heavy blade if he kills the armor exactly with 4 hits to proc GF. 

ATK tactics (on another unit than Siegbert) is more or less a must, since there is no other way to buff him. Excecpt PA!Azuras Axe, which would also dance and buff his speed ... hmm. 

I didn't even start with Cordelia, perhaps Elincia could repeat that. You see a lot to calculate, it would nearly need an own topic. Start to list your units and skills if you are interested. 

22 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Whoa, so awesome!  :D:  That was very satisfying to watch.  I haven't played around much with Galeforce myself, so seeing it in action is pretty fun.  Thanks for the tag.  :]

Thanks, it is fun indeed. :-) That's the reason why I build my Arena team around GF, to bring fun back to arena

We both started the video business only short time ago. I still have to look into this editing stuff the others use to pimp their stories up. 

23 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The other GBA legendary weapon that gave a luck boost was Nidhogg and that one got an owl effect. Part of me hopes that won't be the case here, since Soren already has a legendary owltome.

watch her get Death blow 3 as innate upgrade for Forblaze and then as a special upgrade she gets the ability to deal dmg to the enemys lower stat of def or res.
"The Hector Family! Blowing up everything in your face is our trademark!"

I really like that they keep upgrading olde weapons and giving old units new weapons!!!! Keep at it IS

Edited by Hilda