Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Catria had a clear distinction of being irreciprocally in love with Marth. Palla did nothing as memorable.

She was so in love in fact, that I can't find a word of it in the scripts pre-FE12, with the exception of her death quote in old Mystery. Talk about nuanced love deeply explored.

And while I stand against alts, with the Whitewings appearing in three-six games, I think Palla and Est deserve some alts if Catria is. The middle child must be put into their proper place.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

THAT Linde is a neccesary part of history to remind us what kind of abomination humanity could become

Eh there are worse things out there in more need of brain bleach in gaming. I'd say one that is on my mind that isn't FE, but once I say it, someone is going to look it up and ruin their mind that way, so I won't.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Finally! I’ve beaten the last CC. Once I’ve given Spd+2 Sacred Seal to S!Corrin it has been much easier, since she could double Ishtat with buffs and Ares without them. Flier team dead in that map, but B!Ike/Martha/Fjorm/Niles took me to the last map (only Surtr, Nino, Linus and Lloyd left). Horse Emblem cleaned the room.

However, it’s sad to see that I have no more orbs left to get :(

Well if nothing else, the stupid hole in one of my car’s tires let me take advantage of the x2 multiplier in Forging Bonds while I wait on it to get fixed. All four are now maxed out, so this mode is now dead to me, daily run aside, with a week to spare.

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well if nothing else, the stupid hole in one of my car’s tires let me take advantage of the x2 multiplier in Forging Bonds while I wait on it to get fixed. All four are now maxed out, so this mode is now dead to me, daily run aside, with a week to spare.

I am glad you brought it up, I have missed every single 2x chance given to me up to now. Any other day I'd have slept right through it.

^ - Ditto. The daily orb clear is all the value Forging Bonds has for me atm.

I may try for a Bowcina on the free summon, but I'll go ahead and keep pulling reds to get WT!Tharja (possibly) and more Caeda copies.

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ippei is a pretty cool guy.

Indeed, that's really cool. As far as I can judge from Walharts FEH performance, he would destroy those puny balls. 

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

However, it’s sad to see that I have no more orbs left to get :(

I know that feeling very well. :-(

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

@Junkheadif the regular damage is around 0-4 then yes. Loptous affects special damage

So this is assuming that contrary to popular belief, Luna & Moonbow just add up to the total damage.

Edited by Junkhead

39 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

So this is assuming that contrary to popular belief, Luna & Moonbow just add up to the total damage.

Loptous reduces attack. I'm guessing it means damage, but I dunno

Edited by silveraura25

Welp, I gone done it now. All of Maribelle, Sumia, and Libra have been maxed out, so now I only have Sky Olivia to bond with (ironic, considering she's the only one of the four who I've summoned), but she's so close to max that soon I'll only be doing Forging Bonds for the daily orb. On top of that, besides daily quests there's literally nothing else to do. The Legendary Hero Battle will probably be no more than a sparrows cry on the wind.

Grand Conquests will be the only thing to look forward to, but HAHAHA HAHAH AHAHA.

...so anyways I'd like to pose a question: Why are Manakete weapons called "Breath"? Far as I can tell, Manakete weapons have always been called Stones (Divinestone, Dragonstone, etc.), and of the Manaketes we have, three of them do not use Breath attacks in their original game (F!Corrin and the Kanas).

Edited by Xenomata

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...so anyways I'd like to pose a question: Why are Manakete weapons called "Breath"? Far as I can tell, Manakete weapons have always been called Stones (Divinestone, Dragonstone, etc.), and of the Manaketes we have, three of them do not use Breath attacks in their original game (F!Corrin and the Kanas).

Actually they haven't been stones in every game. In the Tellius games, dragon attacks are called Breath because Laguz don't need stones to transform unlike Manaketes in other games. 

I'd say that IS decided to be future proof for the day they include Laguz. After all the Taguel/Wolfskin/Kitsune also use stones but the attacks will probably be called Strike just like with Cat/Lion/Tiger Laguz.

Edited by Alexmender

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

On top of that, besides daily quests there's literally nothing else to do. The Legendary Hero Battle will probably be no more than a sparrows cry on the wind.

Grand Conquests will be the only thing to look forward to, but HAHAHA HAHAH AHAHA.

The daily special maps and daily banners start this week too (Aug 2nd), for what that’s worth.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The daily special maps and daily banners start this week too (Aug 2nd), for what that’s worth.

At best, the daily banners will be a free summon every day. At worst, absolutely useless.

Daily Special Maps don't seem like they'll be that much of a challenge TBH. They never are, unless they're Developer maps. Speaking of which, call me crazy but I'd like to play those again some day... REALLY put my unit roster to the test, why don't you DEVS.

53 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Actually they haven't been stones in every game. In the Tellius games, dragon attacks are called Breath because Laguz don't need stones to transform unlike Manaketes in other games. 

I'd say that IS decided to be future proof for the day they include Laguz. After all the Taguel/Wolfskin/Kitsune also use stones but the attacks will probably be called Strike just like with Cat/Lion/Tiger Laguz.

Future proofing for units we've been wanting probably since game launch... sneaky.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Except it is not awful at all.

I don't like the armor. Eliwood should only have his pauldrons, not any of the rest of the stuff. It's rather jarring for me to have his art have that much armor when his sprite doesn't.

The eyes are fine. Not my favorite style by a long shot, but I don't find any issue with them.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t run around flailing my arms like a madman and screaming “Ohhh, AKIRA improved so much!!!” because their original Olivia wasn’t bad to begin with. It was good.

Her waist is inhumanly narrow, granted that's a problem with a lot of characters' arts (that doesn't excuse any of them, though).

It's most noticeable to me on Olivia's and Sonya's arts. Olivia's because her chest is so much wider (like the actual rib cage part, not attachments of fatty tissue) and Sonya's because her chest is so much larger (the attachments of fatty tissue, not the rib cage part).

5 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Does Loputousu somehow affect specials? There's two instances where Moonbow and R.Astra should've likely done a lot more damage (especially when the former scales off of Julius' massive 57 Res, in that case):

What are Julius's and the opponent's stats in both of those cases? I have a feeling you've simply stacked too much Def and Res for Special damage to be able to pierce through.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What are Julius's and the opponent's stats in both of those cases? I have a feeling you've simply stacked too much Def and Res for Special damage to be able to pierce through.

The Ayra was running DC and Quickened Pulse, and I'm pretty sure she was unmerged as well as -Atk (like 46 Atk). My Julius must've stacked a total of 42 Def (46, if Charlotte had a Spur Def Seal) on top of debuffing Ayra with Atk Ploy and I'm also counting the -6 Dmg from Loputousu unto the 42-46:

If Julius Def total is 42 on top of Ploying Ayra down to 41 Atk, she's at a -1 Dmg already. If her Spd is 40 at neutral, that would mean she should be doing about 15 Dmg per R.Astra.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Loptous reduces attack. I'm guessing it means damage, but I dunno

It means the opponent's Atk stat. Basically, it gives them a negative version of Death Blow 3 / Fierce Stance 3.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The Ayra was running DC and Quickened Pulse, and I'm pretty sure she was unmerged as well as -Atk (like 46 Atk). My Julius must've stacked a total of 42 Def (46, if Charlotte had a Spur Def Seal) on top of debuffing Ayra with Atk Ploy and I'm also counting the -6 Dmg from Loputousu unto the 42-46:

If Julius Def total is 42 on top of Ploying Ayra down to 41 Atk, she's at a -1 Dmg already. If her Spd is 40 at neutral, that would mean she should be doing about 15 Dmg per R.Astra.

I'm still assuming you missed something or another in your calculations. It's hard to tell in the video, but is that a Killing Edge that Ayra has? It doesn't seem to have the sparkle that Slaying Edge should have.

I went mucking around with my own Julius on Paralogue 13-2 Lunatic just in case.

+0 Julius [38 / 49 /  27 / 16 / 38] (Loptous, Draconic Aura, Atk Ploy 3, Close Def 3) +0/0/9/0 (3 stacks of Drive Def 2)
+? Ayra [42 / 51 / 42 / 32 / 22] (Ayra's Blade, Regnal Astra, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3) -5/0/0/0

Ayra has 51 Atk with +4 from Swift Sparrow 2, -5 from Atk Ploy 3, and -6 from Loptous for a total of 44 Atk. Ayra has 42 Spd with +4 from Swift Sparrow 2 for a total of 46 Spd. Regnal Astra should add 18 damage.

Julius has 16 Def with +6 from Close Def 3 and +9 from 3 stacks of drive Def 2 for a total of 31 Def.

A normal attack should hit for 44 - 31 = 13 damage. Regnal Astra should hit for 13 + 18 = 31 damage.

Ayra's normal attack hit for 13 damage. Regnal Astra hit for 31 damage. Checks out.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It means the opponent's Atk stat. Basically, it gives them a negative version of Death Blow 3 / Fierce Stance 3.

I'm still assuming you missed something or another in your calculations. It's hard to tell in the video, but is that a Killing Edge that Ayra has? It doesn't seem to have the sparkle that Slaying Edge should have.

I went mucking around with my own Julius on Paralogue 13-2 Lunatic just in case.

+0 Julius [38 / 49 /  27 / 16 / 38] (Loptous, Draconic Aura, Atk Ploy 3, Close Def 3) +0/0/9/0 (3 stacks of Drive Def 2)
+? Ayra [42 / 51 / 42 / 32 / 22] (Ayra's Blade, Regnal Astra, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3) -5/0/0/0

Ayra has 51 Atk with +4 from Swift Sparrow 2, -5 from Atk Ploy 3, and -6 from Loptous for a total of 44 Atk. Ayra has 42 Spd with +4 from Swift Sparrow 2 for a total of 46 Spd. Regnal Astra should add 18 damage.

Julius has 16 Def with +6 from Close Def 3 and +9 from 3 stacks of drive Def 2 for a total of 31 Def.

A normal attack should hit for 44 - 31 = 13 damage. Regnal Astra should hit for 13 + 18 = 31 damage.

Ayra's normal attack hit for 13 damage. Regnal Astra hit for 31 damage. Checks out.

It's not a Killing Edge. >(

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

It's not a Killing Edge. >(

Sure as hell looks like one. The blade is missing the bluish tinge that Slaying Edge has, and the blade gets thinner as it approaches the tip before tapering sharply instead of remaining nearly constant in width with the Slaying Edge's rounder taper.

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

why does Palla just have a dash where the VA's name is supposed to be lol

It's like that for several characters when using the English audio and most often is a result of some union dispute that prevents the voice actor from being credited in their own name (because it would violate the terms of their something or another legal business). Or something like that.

It's the same reason for various English voice actors being credited under pseudonyms.

@Rezzy Yeah Walhart is a good free Axe Cavalier but it leaves me little reason to promote him when I already have a Frederick with refined Slaying Hammer+ 8<

Btw Lucina as Legendary Hero and her super duper skills! Nice addition, but I would've preferred someone else, something different. Crossing fingers for her free pull haha. Her design is beautiful tho

Edited by Quintessence

Say... is it just me, or is IS trying to phase out Life and Death by giving everyone who would want it Swift Sparrow, even though no one has dropped to 4* who can learn it?

Edited by Xenomata

I feel like I've read accurate predictions of Lucina's attack stat prior to this. She's fast, her attack is pretty good, but she probably doesn't want to get hit with those defensive stats.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Say... is it just me, or is IS trying to phase out Life and Death by giving everyone who would want it Swift Sparrow, even though no one has dropped to 4* who can learn it?

I don't think IS understands the concept of "you can't encourage people to use certain skills if you're not willing to make them more common".

Or they're trying to encourage all players to become whales to get better skills. That's not happening.