Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I agree completely. It’s very unlikely that they are going to add even more ass-pulled dancers so soon after the yukata banner. Halloween is infinitely more likely for October.

Yeah, exactly. Besides, Halloween is more fun anyway because of all the potential for great costumes!

Bear suit Frederick, IS? :D

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

They still haven't rerun the old PA banner though. It would be strange if that was the only old seasonal banner not to be rerun. If it pops up sometime in September we can be sure that the next special banner will be Halloween themed, if not we might still be getting a new PA one. 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

They still haven't rerun the old PA banner though. It would be strange if that was the only old seasonal banner not to be rerun.

There is a possibility that the next voting gauntlet is PA vs yukatas with the obvious rerun of the former.
There is a possibility that the next voting gauntlet is not PA vs yukatas. This can happen too.

I think it's too early for Halloween. It's not PA either, of course. I've been expecting a new fall banner in PA's place, and I think that's what it'll be, with Halloween later in October when the long New Heroes banner ends.

The long New Heroes banner runs to the start of the second main banner following it, rather than the first. Usually it's seasonals that do that, but CYL2 is doing the same. I think this supports it being something special, probably Farfetched Heroes 2.

The longer banner has no associated GHB or TT. This is also noteworthy, because every New Heroes banner so far in 2018 has had one or both, with only one exception: CYL2. Three-character seasonals also all had a TT, for a total of four associated characters one way or another. The earlier one has a GHB, but also a Forging Bonds, which suggests it's also four characters.

The previous Farfetched Heroes had Joshua as a TT unit, but that was kind of weird. So it'd make sense to just do a "standalone" four-character banner this time.

That said, getting both a Fates banner and a Farfetched Heroes one at a time before beasts seem like they could be added is weird, since Fates has a ton of high-voted beasts. So I'm confused about what to make of this. I do expect Farfetched Heroes, with Owain, Kliff, and Aversa, but I'm not sure what to expect for the fourth character.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

They still haven't rerun the old PA banner though. It would be strange if that was the only old seasonal banner not to be rerun. If it pops up sometime in September we can be sure that the next special banner will be Halloween themed, if not we might still be getting a new PA one. 

It'll definitely be rerun. I'm guessing it'll be concurrent with the new fall banner, but if they're just doing Halloween, they'll probably rerun it this month instead.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I do expect Farfetched Heroes, with Owain, Kliff, and Aversa, but I'm not sure what to expect for the fourth character.

Ophelia is #4 non-furry character not in game. RD Haar is #5.

So, here's my predictions:

• 9/14: Fates banner. Final chapter of Book II.
  • 9/21: Farfetched Heroes, featuring Owain, Kliff, Aversa, and I guess Ophilia?
  • 10/10: New kind of fall seasonal banner. Not dancer-focused, but PA gets rerun during it anyway. Version 2.10 launches, probably with only minor changes like weapon updates.
  • 10/22: Halloween banner.
  • 11/8: New Heroes banner starting Book 3. Version 3.0 launches, hopefully adding beasts to the game and generic enemy pool whether or not the banner contains any. Probably has more refinery updates and the like. If we're ever getting the town building mode, it'll probably be here. May introduce a new unit as a "start of book" 5* like Fjorm, perhaps Askr-style rather than legendary.
4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ophelia is #4 non-furry character not in game. RD Haar is #5.

As much as I want Haar, I don't think he's a Farfetched Heroes candidate here, because there's already two guys lined up.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ophilia

Ophelia, like the Hamlet character. Ophilia is in Octopath.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

As much as I want Haar, I don't think he's a Farfetched Heroes candidate here, because there's already two guys lined up.

That’s assuming Owain even makes it in.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ophelia, like the Hamlet character. Ophilia is in Octopath.

Maybe they'll stretch the definition of "farfetched".

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s assuming Owain even makes it in.

I suppose it's not a guarantee, but I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Oh are we doing predictions? I love that.

09-14 - Fates banner featuring Flora, as has previously been established. The other two will be Benny and Charlotte or Silas and Mozu.

09-21 - OC banner. Bruno and Veronica joined by either the Múspell sisters or the Nifl siblings.

10-10 - Halloween banner featuring Elise and Leo, with two more chaps from another game, perhaps Jugdral.

A Far-fetched Heroes banner would be a lot of fun as well. I do want Ophelia in the game. I believe beast units will be added as a feature of Book III.

Edited by Thane

So, one issue with my Farfetched Heroes predictions is the lack of a colorless option. If it's Owain/Aversa/Ophelia/Kliff, they'll probably have swords and red/blue/green tomes, respectively, but they've been avoiding that kind of color overlap recently. However, Farfetched Heroes is less flexible in terms of colors than other banners, so they may just roll with it. With a pretty fixed character lineup, there's a limit to how much they can do without breaking from canon weapons.

What they could do about it is following in the footsteps of the original and have Owain as a TT unit. That'd rule out the upcoming long banner, since it doesn't have a TT. But despite that possibility, I think the upcoming one is still more likely than not to be Farfetched.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

A slight exaggeration, but I think I'm pretty much the one who cares about canon the least here, and feel it's far more important to fill out the roster with a good balanced variety of unit types. Every new addition should fill an under-served niche whenever possible

This logic is why I'm quite a pro-alt. For the moment I mostly hoard units of unique movement/weapon combination, and as you could guess, most of them are alts. Not that I wouldn't say no to unique non-alt but... I just simply wouldn't take the risk. 

HOHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHA

I beat the eight map of relay defense with one pot. I don't think +30 merge stats are the way to go, but I actually had fun from this challenge. I still think abyssal by it's very nature is bad. Though this was refreshing from the other challenges we've had.

The AI is so stupid with healers it makes me laugh. Maribelle being a dumb blond by blocking her allies with her big butt.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@eclipse is the exophase source considered okay for no spoilers? Google play store achievements were used as it's source, but I'm not sure if it was datamined from the store itself

Hide contents

I'm calling it. Reluctant villain banner. It strikes me as strange that no alt depicted as the achievement. Conquest has so many desirable characters that people would like as alts

We've already got alts for every Fates royal, some with multiples.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We've already got alts for every Fates royal, some with multiples.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, we can survive without alts for quite a while, thanks.

I'm not sure if I came across as wanting Fates royals or not, but I meant as if truly were a Nohrian banner then IS would prey on Nohr royals fans with an alt, but alts are usually the achievement badge for new heroes banners and there isn't an alt on the badge this time

Edited by silveraura25

I dont think alts are on this next one, I dont mind them though personally. I find it reasonable, and fun when they get a bit creative with them like with Chrom and Erika.

I have 700 orbs saved up, the last month was a bit rough on me, went all the way to 850 before dropping all the way to 500 due to the Yukata Performing Arts banner. then got back up to 650 before dropping back down to 500. So 500 orbs gone in a month.

Back to 700 though. Hopefully this next banner doesnt completely wreck me again, its got potential being a Nohr banner, Ive been waiting on some Nohr gen 1 characters for a while. Nyx and Benny specifically. Peri, Xander, Leo, or Selena alt would be welcome as well, but I dont think this next banner has an alt. All of our alt banners have had them as the head for the achievement, and this time its Flora.

Anyway, potential RIP to my orb stash again. May you find peace when I can get another solid 3 month stretch of nothing to roll on.

Edited by Tolvir

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Colouring the colourless was a mistake, and nothing will change my mind.

And why only color the colorless? What we need is non-Red Swords.

And random thought, if beasties get in alongside the eventual 3.0 update, and the update begins a new Book to FEH's plot, then shouldn't we get a beastie OC? It'd be a great way to symbolize their arrival, and rally fans who aren't so familiar with them, by establishing a loose, indirect connection. "Like *Insert Norse here*? Then you should totally try summoning Lethe!"

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What we need is non-Red Swords.

No.

The triangle was simple and elegant. It should have stayed that way.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

shouldn't we get a beastie OC?

No.

There are already too many OCs for the story to keep up with.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why only color the colorless? What we need is non-Red Swords.

And random thought, if beasties get in alongside the eventual 3.0 update, and the update begins a new Book to FEH's plot, then shouldn't we get a beastie OC? It'd be a great way to symbolize their arrival, and rally fans who aren't so familiar with them, by establishing a loose, indirect connection. "Like *Insert Norse here*? Then you should totally try summoning Lethe!"

Its possible, I could see them pulling out a OC for beast units. Wouldnt mind it either, the OCs havent been too bad, if a bit empty. But its just a mobile game, so not expecting amazing characters here.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No.

The triangle was simple and elegant. It should have stayed that way.

No.

There are already too many OCs for the story to keep up with.

Colorless needed some changes, daggers and bows were in a rough spot, daggers being the worst of those two. And staves are still in a rough state. Colored versions of both weapons add variety to them. Plus it takes some heat off the colorless pool, which has been regarded as hell due to having not one, not two, but three different types of characters in there. Most of them being shit.

different colored swords is best not done though, that would cause some issues, and just add the issue of the axe, lance, sword dynamic losing its identity.

As far as OCs are concerned, thats not going to stop them.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Colored versions of both weapons add variety to them.

Phasing out colourless weapons and characters doesn’t help colourless weapons and characters, and it definitely doesn’t help colourless pool.
They should have improved more on colourless instead of shoving in Fegrima and calling it a year.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Phasing out colourless weapons and characters doesn’t help colourless weapons and characters, and it definitely doesn’t help colourless pool.
They should have improved more on colourless instead of shoving in Fegrima and calling it a year.

And they havent been phasing them out. We just got Veronica with a very powerful staff, we got Legault with a decent dagger just a bit ago, we got Kaze with a slaying dagger finally.

If you think they have been phasing it out you have either been not paying attention or only seeing what you want to see. We are also getting a new staff user with this TT, and got one with Thracia with a new healing type if I recall. We also got a Felicia refine which took a rather weak character and turned her into a unique niche with a dragonstone effect. Plus Sothe was added this year who is an absolute monster when built right.

Adding colored daggers and bows allowed them to pull some of the heat off the colorless pool by not having so many flood in it, which was what its issue was originally. There was so much shit shoved into that pool that it wasnt worth diving into to get those few gems. Now it has more gems to go in for, less flooding into it on a regular basis, and several demoted units that made it easier to get those 5*s.

Edited by Tolvir

I don't think Fates need an extra banner, but the game does still have a little gap here and there. It surprises me how long an important character like Silas had to wait and Charlotte still does not have a non alt form.

Of course this might be Sutr's last chapter, so I can't resist the urge to predict a Flora/Alt Sigurd and Rinea banner for the upcoming story chapter.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This is an amazing way to solve Abyssal Relay Defense (8):

@LordFrigid I'm tempted to try this, but I don't have the needed merges for Abyssal and above all I'm missing the necessary fodder for WoM & GF. 

Impressive. Maybe I will try that when I win the lottery someday.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

And they havent been phasing them out. We just got Veronica with a very powerful staff, we got Legault with a decent dagger just a bit ago, we got Kaze with a slaying dagger finally.

If you think they have been phasing it out you have either been not paying attention or only seeing what you want to see. We are also getting a new staff user with this TT, and got one with Thracia with a new healing type if I recall. We also got a Felicia refine which took a rather weak character and turned her into a unique niche with a dragonstone effect. Plus Sothe was added this year who is an absolute monster when built right.

Adding colored daggers and bows allowed them to pull some of the heat off the colorless pool by not having so many flood in it, which was what its issue was originally. There was so much shit shoved into that pool that it wasnt worth diving into to get those few gems. Now it has more gems to go in for, less flooding into it on a regular basis, and several demoted units that made it easier to get those 5*s.

That’s the point. The recent additions to the grey pool are staves. Kaze was in May (four months ago), Legault was in June (three months ago). Since then new daggers started getting coloured (with the exception of Xander because today’s Intsys usually doesn’t double up on colours in banners). And then the new addition is very much hinted to be coloured as well. They are moving daggers away from grey and shoving them into colours. If this is not what’s happening, please enlighten me.

Our last grey bow in the pool was Hinoka back in April (almost five months ago). SInce then there were Lyn, Lucina, and a GHB Jamke who obviously doesn’t matter due to being a GHB.  They are moving bows away from grey and shoving them into colours. If this is not what’s happening, please enlighten me.

Sothe? January. Veronica does all what Sothe does (except Repositioning), and she does it better due to inbuilt Dazzling and magical damage.
Felicia’s new weapon? February. More than half a year ago. The direction where they are taking grey has changed since then.

Instead of making grey even more less worth it, they should have improved the current pool. Unlock the passives on the pre-Nanna healers, at the very least. Knock their requirements down a notch. Rework complete trash like Gaius, Jakob, and Virion. Give them better fodderable skills, remake their kits and weapons, I dunno, do something instead of turning grey into a homestead of Veronica, Sothe, and a handful fodderables like Klein, Legault, and the aforementioned Sothe. And for the love of Naga, keep the identity of colourless by keeping it colourless.