Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

why is it so hard to pull for ATK Tactic skill fodder?

The chances of getting a specific 4* unit is rarer than getting a specific 5* pity breaker

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Holy S!, L!Hector just stomped through the Infernal Robin for my armor quest in 2 seconds. He had Distant Def and Res Wave active on him, and Brave Ephraim only had to clean up one green unit leftover. It was as fast as Ike HM farming on Lunatic.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

The chances of getting a specific 4* unit is rarer than getting a specific 5* pity breaker

Probability  in a gacha game, who knew!?

But that still disheartening to know.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

A specific pity breaker? No. The absolute chance of getting a 4% Legault from any given pull are 1/106 * 58% ~= 0.55%. The odds of getting a 5* Legault (or any other specific unit) as a pitybreaker is 1/85 * 3% = 0.035%.

Of course, if we're sniping for grey, the effective chance will be a fair bit higher, because the above numbers represent opening every orb, where only about a quarter of them will be grey. Crudely we can just multiply the numbers by 4, to get an approximate 2.2% chance of 4* Legault and 0.14% chance of getting a 5* one.

If you meant the odds of getting any focus unit, then yeah, on the typical three-unit 3%/3% banner the odds of getting any of them is exactly 1%.

@Zangetsu

Edited by Humanoid

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

A specific pity breaker? No. The absolute chance of getting a 4% Legault from any given pull are 1/106 * 58% ~= 0.55%. The odds of getting a 5* Legault (or any other specific unit) as a pitybreaker is 1/85 * 3% = 0.035%.

Of course, if we're sniping for grey, the effective chance will be a fair bit higher, because the above numbers represent opening every orb, where only about a quarter of them will be grey. Crudely we can just multiply the numbers by 4, to get an approximate 2.2% chance of 4* Legault and 0.14% chance of getting a 5* one.

If you meant the odds of getting any focus unit, then yeah, on the typical three-unit 3%/3% banner the odds of getting any of them is exactly 1%.

@Zangetsu

Could've been red which I was talking about. My mistake for trying to apply the math of one color to another

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Could've been red which I was talking about. My mistake for trying to apply the math of one color to another

The absolute chances are the same for every colour, every unit.

Just now, Humanoid said:

The absolute chances are the same for every colour, every unit.

Oh OK, then. Also, damn you. I had something long written about the new gamepedia tierlist, but you ruined it?

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I had something long written about the new gamepedia tierlist, but you ruined it

For the better. The less shitstorms there are about tier lists and around them, the merrier and the calmer.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

For the better. The less shitstorms there are about tier lists and around them, the merrier and the calmer.

Not really any complaints. Only praise. "A lot of mages have shit physical bulk" is one of the things I wanted addressed.

The notes on reddit are an interesting read

Edited by silveraura25

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

And then theres Ced.... who is literally just Finn.

I don't get how they even let that happen.

FinSety

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Keaton

I've heard eh things about his personality and gimmick, a serious turnoff, but I do like him visually, if a little skunk-esque. More a Tinder no-words-exchanged fling than a long-term relationship.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Stop mathing!

It makes feel insecure about myself!

I'm never going to try to never look at BSTs once I truly start. As FtP, I'm a beggar, and beggars can't be choosers, so if I get stuck with an awful nature, well that is it, because I'm not going to intentionally expend precious Orbs for another copy. Not knowing BSTs means I can't discern natures, which is thus a boon for me, ignorance will be bliss.

On the topic of the furries, I’m probably the one in this thread and maybe the whole subforum to give the least amount of care about them. Only Keaton’s and Velouria’s outfits are somewhat nice to me, while everything else is completely yawn-inducing.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the topic of the furries, I’m probably the one in this thread and maybe the whole subforum to give the least amount of care about them. Only Keaton’s and Velouria’s outfits are somewhat nice to me, while everything else is completely yawn-inducing.

Same. I don't particularly care about new weapon types as I'm already used to what we have right now and I'm not a fan of any of the furries. At least they have a high demand from their fans.

I don't really care about any of the beast units either. The only one I've ever not benched was Velouria. She was the only one I actually liked using as a unit, and her design was alright.

It's not specific to FE at all, but I'm not the biggest fan of the were-creatures either. I just don't think bird-person, rabbit-person, bear-person, etc is a particularly interesting design in fantasy literature in general. Perfectly happy with dragons that don't turn into human form too, but at least the dragon half in itself is not as mundane as something like a dog or a cat. Give me something properly exotic - half human half domestic animal ain't it.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Dheginhansea's mustache, though.

I'm personally a fan of Vika's halter top and disheveled hair.

EDIT: She also wears pants.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard eh things about his personality and gimmick, a serious turnoff, but I do like him visually, if a little skunk-esque. More a Tinder no-words-exchanged fling than a long-term relationship.

I'll have you to know Keaton and I have been happily married for 3 years!

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am reading the notes on Gamepedia's tier list, and Odin is finally in S- above Reinhardt who moved down to A+. Hallelujah!

Yea. I had a long paragraph devoted to the reddit notes. Sadly I was editing a comment to write it in, but refreshed to see new comments. I'm glad the mages with bad def were addressed. Also, Tailtiu where she belongs. I enjoy reading the Odin wastes a turn comments. Some did not take Reinhardt's arena performance rating too kindly

Edited by silveraura25

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Yea. I had a long paragraph devoted to the reddit notes. Sadly I was editing a comment to write it in, but refreshed to see new comments. I'm glad the mages with bad def were addressed. Also, Tailtiu where she belongs. I enjoy reading the Odin wastes a turn comments. Some did not take Reinhardt's arena performance rating too kindly

I think most of the people who are butthurt about the tier list are so because they don't realize that everything from A+ and up is tiering almost solely based on how well the units do against their own color. Literally everything from A+ and up effectively has an instant win when at advantage.

Which basically means if you're like me and almost never attack at neutral weapon triangle, everything from A+ and up is effectively identical in performance.

The people who want Reinhardt to still be at the top don't realize that putting Reinhardt at the top means that the tier list is worthless because half of the game would sit at the same tier. The tier list is already fairly top-heavy, which means the tiers at the top necessarily need to be more granular to be useful, not less granular.

I also notice that they actually kept the Emblem Buff tier list up to date for once. I also find it hilarious that every armor is ranked S+ on the Armor Emblem tier list.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t care about CC owl, so I don’t care about the new ratings. And I care about the overhyped Odin even less.

Most units have zero trouble with their advantageous match-ups, so if you're like me and almost never fight without an advantageous match-up, the tier list is rather meaningless in a practical sense since half the characters in the game instantly win almost all relevant advantageous match-ups, and you typically have teammates that can help with the rest.