Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

We got the trailer for Doorway to Destiny last Tuesday when the banner launched Friday. Today is Tuesday and this next banner is also launching on a Friday, so the trailer may well show up later today.

New Heroes banners usually do that. 2 day gap between the trailer and release. Seasonals however tend to be last minute and give you only a day to appear

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

New Heroes banners usually do that. 2 day gap between the trailer and release. Seasonals however tend to be last minute and give you only a day to appear

Yeah I know, it was just that Thane seems to be thinking that the trailer is coming tomorrow so I wanted to point out that it could be today.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Didn't we get last banner's trailer two days in advance as opposed to one? Do we know why, and if there's a pattern to that?

There hasn't been a pattern. It's just been sometime between zero and three days prior to the release.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Didn't we get last banner's trailer two days in advance as opposed to one? Do we know why, and if there's a pattern to that? 

I'm not a patient man, no.

I figure that they wanted to get the 2.9 update out sooner, and the characters were tied to the update, so might as well announce the characters too. I'm expecting the reveal tomorrow night myself.

Sure some people have beat me to this thought but anybody think one of these new heroes banners coming up are a CYL2 rejects banner? Y'know, like the Mia, Lute, Dorcas, plus Joshua TT from year one. People have been saying Flora is highly requested so it made me think of that.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Sure some people have beat me to this thought but anybody think one of these new heroes banners coming up are a CYL2 rejects banner? Y'know, like the Mia, Lute, Dorcas, plus Joshua TT from year one. People have been saying Flora is highly requested so it made me think of that.

The possibility of another Farfetched Heroes was raised. But i don't think it's the next banner. Some say it's too soon but there's also plenty of people ahead of Flora too.

Maybe the one after the next?

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Flora placed relatively high (85th), but not high enough I'd think for her banner to be Farfetched Heroes Mk II. She still placed behind Aversa (41st), Ophelia (61st), Charlotte (67th), FE13 Anna (68th), Louise (72nd), Severa (73rd), Rinea (76th), and Rinkah (83rd). And that's not even accounting for Loki (10th), Laevatein (29th), and the beast shifters that placed ahead of Flora (Selkie, 21st; Panne, 44th; Velouria, 54th).

Okay, stupid idea, but what if Owain came with -1 special cooldown count and L&D3 for his Missiletainn, Glimmer, Special Spiral, Infantry Pulse, and a stat spread of 47 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 25 Def, and 21 Res (163 BST)? How stupid would he be? For reference, this dude would have 47 HP, 54 Atk, 42 Spd, 20 Def, and 16 Res with this hypothetical Missiletainn and would have 47 HP, 59 Atk, 47 Spd, 15 Def, and 11 Res with L&D3.

Also, this is just me, but I'd like to see a cavalry or flier introduced with Shield Pulse 3 on their weapon or someone already in the game being given a Shield Pulse weapon as their new personal weapon. Preferably with -1 special cooldown or something to let them abuse Pavise, Aegis, or Miracle more easily. Shield Pulse 3 on a 4* demote would be nice to. Come on, I need my Shield Pulses for Raven, kind of Linus, and my future, eventual, maybe Karla.

Pavise and Shield Pulse on that hypothetical Owain with a sword version of Basilikos would also be disgusting.

Edited by Kaden

54 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Flora isn't high enough to qualify, and her icon is specifically listed as being connected to Book 2 Chapter 13, while CYL banners all get Paralogues so far. So I don't think the Flora one could be Farfetched Heroes 2, but I'm guessing the banner following it is.

Finally have 15.000 for Ethylin. It my first actual tempest, i joined the gamr at the end of the last one and had worked my way only to the first Marth. Now i reached a milestone: a little less than a third of the Tempest complete!

I really believe i'm going to reach 50.000 in 8 more days, since i did 16k and half in a day. But maybe i will take a day of it so i don't feel burned out.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I mean, we know that it’s a Fates banner, because Flora was confirmed by a leak. So I wonder who could be with her tho

For those who are curious:

Reveal hidden contents

Capture_2018-09-10-10-07-51.png

Yeah. What I mean is, this is the time of day when trailers usually go up (11 pm, in my timezone) and it was pretty much a 50/50 shot as to whether the trailer would go up today or tomorrow.

I for one prefer having a couple days to digest a trailer, watch unit reviews on youtube and have more time to settle on if I'll pull and for who. Having it just one day before or even a couple hours tends to mess with that. CYL2 was particularly bad about that.

I'm not sure if it was deliberately done or just a case of coincidences, but I like how Seliph and Ethlyn share two similar special quotes: Seliph's "I will protect everyone!" and "Until the end!" and Ethlyn's "I'll protect you!" and "Until the very end!" Characters sharing quotes isn't anything extraordinary or new, but I do find it interesting that it was Ethlyn, his aunt, that Seliph who shared special quotes with him. You figured it would be Sigurd, Deirdre, or Julia who would share special quotes with him. Note for the following statement: I never played Genealogy, but have read some bits about it. Perhaps it speaks about Seliph's character or the expectations of him where he isn't like his father despite others wanting him to be, instead, he's Seliph or someone who isn't Sigurd. Maybe I'm reading into this too much.

I don't know, I like how Seliph is presented in Heroes despite knowing nothing about him. His dialogue and Christian La Monte's performance work really well to sell Seliph despite how much they can pack in for every character in Heroes where some of them ended up being more gimmicky than in their home games or come off as different. Although I wasn't thinking about using merges at the time, I do regret sending home a 5* Seliph who was +Spd, -Atk because of space issues and being annoyed that he usually showed up with crappy boons and banes and not really having much to give for skill inheritance. Combat manuals couldn't have come sooner because I'd like to build a Seliph one day and that 5* was essentially a free merge. Now I have to pay 20-22k more feathers to get him to +10. Also, tons of Steady Breath when? It'd be easier to let him soak up damage with +Def and Steady Breath/Stance on him for physical hits and Divine Tyrfing and Deflect Magic for mages.

51 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm not sure if it was deliberately done or just a case of coincidences, but I like how Seliph and Ethlyn share two similar special quotes: Seliph's "I will protect everyone!" and "Until the end!" and Ethlyn's "I'll protect you!" and "Until the very end!" Characters sharing quotes isn't anything extraordinary or new, but I do find it interesting that it was Ethlyn, his aunt, that Seliph who shared special quotes with him. You figured it would be Sigurd, Deirdre, or Julia who would share special quotes with him. Note for the following statement: I never played Genealogy, but have read some bits about it. Perhaps it speaks about Seliph's character or the expectations of him where he isn't like his father despite others wanting him to be, instead, he's Seliph or someone who isn't Sigurd. Maybe I'm reading into this too much.

I don't know, I like how Seliph is presented in Heroes despite knowing nothing about him. His dialogue and Christian La Monte's performance work really well to sell Seliph despite how much they can pack in for every character in Heroes where some of them ended up being more gimmicky than in their home games or come off as different. Although I wasn't thinking about using merges at the time, I do regret sending home a 5* Seliph who was +Spd, -Atk because of space issues and being annoyed that he usually showed up with crappy boons and banes and not really having much to give for skill inheritance. Combat manuals couldn't have come sooner because I'd like to build a Seliph one day and that 5* was essentially a free merge. Now I have to pay 20-22k more feathers to get him to +10. Also, tons of Steady Breath when? It'd be easier to let him soak up damage with +Def and Steady Breath/Stance on him for physical hits and Divine Tyrfing and Deflect Magic for mages.

Seliph being more simmilar to Deidre have been said so many times including by Kaga actually, so its not that surprising

Heck, out of the three sons, none of them really is simmilar to their father. Not even the "canon" sons are simmilar. Seliph takes after Deidre. Leif had an entire story where he SHOULDNT be like Quan, who by FE5 literally become Jugdral's great idiot. Aless specifically isnt loyal to his caretaker whereas Eldigan's greatest flaw is essentially "traditional loyalty"

And then theres Ced.... who is literally just Finn.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I took the time to completely purge my barracks. Not one fodder unit exists now, and I only have units I intend to keep.

Literally everyone else was turned into a Combat Manual, yes even the units who have horrid SI options. It took a while because I was checking the boon and bane of each individual unit in case I had any hidden gems (none of great importance), but now Barrack Expansions have lost all meaning...

Was it smart? I say yes myself, because everyone had crappy IVs anyways, and now I have a lot of barrack room.

5 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Finally have 15.000 for Ethylin. It my first actual tempest, i joined the gamr at the end of the last one and had worked my way only to the first Marth. Now i reached a milestone: a little less than a third of the Tempest complete!

The first 3-4 TTs were the most entertaining to me, have fun and good luck getting all rewards! 

45 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I took the time to completely purge my barracks. Not one fodder unit exists now, and I only have units I intend to keep.

I didn't use this new functionality once. I'll keep everyone until I start pulling again (I hope I can save orbs until the next legendary banner). Sometimes it's fun to run more than one copy of a unit, I'll keep 2-3 of each with good natures and all reward units. 

Looks like they've added an orb to the Tap Battle quest reward to clear 20 stages to make up for the lost orb from clearing level 10. Why they don't just make the pink duckie the quest reward instead I don't know, but it's good to know we haven't been short-changed.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Looks like they've added an orb to the Tap Battle quest reward to clear 20 stages to make up for the lost orb from clearing level 10. Why they don't just make the pink duckie the quest reward instead I don't know, but it's good to know we haven't been short-changed.

They still haven’t compensated splitting away an orb into the Extra Stage 1 quest.

I want my  best boi Silas, even though I have no orbs. But he's a male character ergo he'll be inevitably be demote 4* therefore he'll be as easy to pull like Legault. I want my ATK Tactic skill fodder, why is it so hard to pull for ATK Tactic skill fodder?

What was I talking about again?