• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So glad I waited on promoting someone else to give him another weapon.

Hopefully he has a good effect :D

I'm expecting something like Camilla's Axe but with cavalry/infantry (in support of Marth, Abel, and Jagen). I'd LOVE some kind of Slaying or Wing Sword type weapon, but there's no way.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

You'll get your RD banner in April with Sage Micaiah, Whisper Sothe and Red Armor Zelgius and you will like it!

Someone suggested making red armour Zelguis an anti beast unit with a made up prf. Sounds like a good idea for an anti beast unit, at least compared to most other suggestions which are just "They're a Daein character." 

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Someone suggested making red armour Zelguis an anti beast unit with a made up prf. Sounds like a good idea for an anti beast unit, at least compared to most other suggestions which are just "They're a Daein character." 

I had considered that, because, these:

Spoiler

On the second vid, I did set the time stamp to a few seconds just before the most relevant moment.

And this leaves out the BK's thrashing of Ranulf in PoR Blood Runs Red, and Zelgius's extraordinary ability (Janaff remarks on a similar, earlier block and finds it surprising) after River Crossing to stand steady barely moving when Tibarn the strongest Bird alive dive bombed right onto him.

54 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

He ate my Karla, and I regret it none.

To be fair he acts like a lady killer.

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

If the new banner is indeed RD and has units like Ranulf, Skrimir or Rafiel on it, I will legit cry. I have no orbs for pulling anything right now. Mythic sucked me dry. So I do hope it's mostly the beorc cast, since out of all those only Haar might tempt me, and I could survive waiting for him to show up again later. 

?(Why haven't they invented a tissue box emoji?) My sympathies.

Ugh, so for these new Anima quests I'm going to have to use my one Anima blessing on a mediocre unit (because my good units have actually useful elemental blessings) and use them to kill at least 30 units. Blah.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The Anima quests are actual poop. As if I'd use Anima-blessed units on my AR offense, five times no less. 1 orb lost, I guess.

Why? would sticking a single anima hero on your team really ruin it so much?

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why? would sticking a single anima hero on your team really ruin it so much?

In Light season, definitely, Why would I waste Lift like that? in Anima season, it would still remain a nuisance and self-handicapping myself isn't exactly fun, in a mode that is already not fun, just for a single orb. I don't feel like throwing out working support for this nonsense, which basically asks me to either drag another dead weight along (the bonus units already tries to sometimes) or waste blessings on my good units that are already blessed. None of these seem particularly sensible for the offered prize.

I decided to give the Anima Blessing to a character that I'm using in the current season because of bonuses I don't plan to use it in the future XD

17 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

In Light season, definitely, Why would I waste Lift like that? in Anima season, it would still remain a nuisance and self-handicapping myself isn't exactly fun, in a mode that is already not fun, just for a single orb. I don't feel like throwing out working support for this nonsense, which basically asks me to either drag another dead weight along (the bonus units already tries to sometimes) or waste blessings on my good units that are already blessed. None of these seem particularly sensible for the offered prize.

I guess if Lift is so super important to you it makes sense. But really it'll only mean the difference of a single rank (two grails and ten stones, worth losing for an orb in my book) if even that. 

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I guess if Lift is so super important to you it makes sense. But really it'll only mean the difference of a single rank (two grails and ten stones, worth losing for an orb in my book) if even that. 

It would probably be a loss of "just" 5 stones, 6 grails, 3 flowers and a throne (yes, that one is a joke as I don't care one bit about those), but it's not just about that. It's mostly combined with the added frustration that I don't care to have. 5 handicapped and sluggish matches, with the potential of failing due to the uselessness of the anima unit, adding another anima match for every defeat. Nah, I'm good. An orb is not worth that much.

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

It would probably be a loss of "just" 5 stones, 6 grails, 3 flowers and a throne (yes, that one is a joke as I don't care one bit about those), but it's not just about that. It's mostly combined with the added frustration that I don't care to have. 5 handicapped and sluggish matches, with the potential of failing due to the uselessness of the anima unit, adding another anima match for every defeat. Nah, I'm good. An orb is not worth that much.

Hmm? What am I missing? What rank are you jumping that gives 6 grails?

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Losing an AR Lift tier is 1, losing a player rank tier is 5 in my case.

Ah. Well you;re much more into it than I am (despite nominally not enjoying the mode). I just play for fun and get as many orbs as possible to fight with guys I like. The quest is available for another two weeks though, so we'll see two more Aether sessions between now and then.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Ah. Well you;re much more into it than I am (despite nominally not enjoying the mode). I just play for fun and get as many orbs as possible to fight with guys I like. The quest is available for another two weeks though, so we'll see two more Aether sessions between now and then.

It's more of a compulsion, if I'm being honest. I hate losing to stuff I find "undeserving", AR basically brings out the worst the game has to offer, so I want to crush the nonsense more out of spite than rewards, thus me putting more value into defeating the enemy than going for the orb. I can't tell where the line is where I'd suck it up for the orbs, but that's just how I am. I assure you, I hate the mode for even more reasons.

I could, however, try making an anima team for next week when possible free win matches occur. Should be fine to occupy one slot for it, I guess, but I'll still prioritize winning.

At this point, I wonder if a personal weapon with "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-2)" as its only effect, treated as it had a double Killer effect, would be considered too powerful. Probably not.

Edited by Kaden
Forgot to specify personal weapon.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At this point, I wonder if a weapon with "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-2)" as its only effect, treated as it had a double Killer effect, would be considered too powerful. Probably not.

If it's inheritable, it definitely would be too powerful. This is Black Luna on 1 cooldown. Or Ignis/Glacies/Radiant Aether at the start of every round of combat with Special Spiral.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If it's inheritable, it definitely would be too powerful. This is Black Luna on 1 cooldown. Or Ignis/Glacies/Radiant Aether at the start of every round of combat with Special Spiral.

Whoops, I should have mentioned that it should be a personal weapon. And I did consider Ignis/Glacies with a Breath, Special Fighter, and Special Spiral.

48 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At this point, I wonder if a personal weapon with "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-2)" as its only effect, treated as it had a double Killer effect, would be considered too powerful. Probably not.

Permanent Moonbow on every hit sounds nice.

Frens are a Blessing, y'all, take advantage of them~

Seriously, used my Anima Blessed fren units for the Quests, got it done with literally just two units~ Thanks to @Maaka for one of them~~

Except the AR one, don't care about 1 Orb that much~

I'll check my friends list after the VG event is over to see if I can save my one Anima blessing (though really there's very little reason to save it as it's pretty much junk to me).

Failing that though, I agree an archer would be a good pick. Given the quests are mostly about killing, the most expedient choice would be someone who can perform against any colour and who doesn't need to worry about sustainability. However, it needs to be a unit I don't plan to use much for anything else because the really good units deserve to get actually-good blessings. Therefore I'm thinking one of my 4* heavily merged Brave Bow archers would be best. Gordin or Virion probably, I forget who has more merges at the moment.