• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Huh? I'll be able to fix my Brave Ike's attack bane after several years?

...nah, he'll likely sit in my Barracks of Indecision because he still has a competitive A skill.

Cool that they're handing out free units though.

Edited by Glennstavos

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Huh? I'll be able to fix my Brave Ike's attack bane after several years?

...nah, he'll likely sit in my Barracks of Indecision because he still has a competitive A skill.

Why not just use the neutral one and fodder off the -atk one in that case?

Tricky to decide between +Def -Res and Neutral for me. The +Def one is probably marginally better in most scenarios (unless he gets DC as his refine) but might mess up F2P strats. No chance of merging as I use him maybe once a year.

Eirika is a no-brainer, Neutral beats +Res -Atk for the merge base with ease, she gets a tasty +2 Spd out of that merge too.

Ninian, eh - I actually have a Spd copy at +1 that I use for my dragon team and a +Atk -Def one I use as a spare generic dancer since I'm too lazy to switch out her C-skill. But with dancers becoming more common these days there's probably not much reason to maintain two separate Ninians and maybe I should just merge them all together to a +3.

Incidentally, pull tallies (actual RNG summons only) for each of these units and the ones that are getting refinements so far are: 3 Ninians, 1 Eirika, 3 Ikes, 2 Roys, 3 Lucinas, and 1 Lyn.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice to see you passing by however briefly again Vax! 🙂 Just a twisted sense of "for old time's sake"? Or did Julia summon you?

Just a twisted sense of “for old time’s sake” indeed. No idea in particular why I decided to up and poke my head here again. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm glad Mercedes demoted. She was one of my favorites in TH and it's good that she's got beautiful art. Her stats aren't too particularly bad either. Essentially powercreeped Wrys and Lucius. Not that amazing, but workable.

7 minutes ago, redlight said:

she's got beautiful art

When I saw the trailer, I was like “is there any other Kakage I need to be aware of?” But no, it was THE Kakage which pleased me tremendously.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Has Heroes really not demoted a single red Hero this year

That's still not as egregious as the fact that we still have not even four thanks to Minerva getting banished just three axe fliers, all Day 1 one characters no less, in the summoning pool. Also, an obligatory RIP Haar.

On that note, I can't wait for Jill to be given a lance instead and/or share Haar's F2P fate.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Has Heroes really not demoted a single red Hero this year

This is what happens when the color is so saturated that every new unit of the color needs something special to compete with the rest of them. And having fewer banners eligible for demotes this year hasn't helped.

For people who care, here's the full list of red units this year on banners that were eligible for demotes:

• Tibarn
  • Keaton
  • Idunn
  • Lethe
  • Mareeta
  • Nah
  • Byleth
  • Hubert

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, an obligatory RIP Haar

At least Haar is a GHB, even if IS did him dirty.

Gerome on the other hand...

Hubert should've demoted alongside Mercedes. Like how Lugh and Kjelle should've demoted alongside Thea and Brady.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Hubert should've demoted alongside Mercedes.

He had a shiny new tome and a very shiny fun skill for inheritance. The chances of him demoting were slim to none Just how Kjelle should've demoted beside Brady, but didn't because she had their oh-so-prized AR skill.

Honestly, IS needs to get a grip with these demotions, or lack thereof. If they want to continue their pattern of rarely demoting units, then every 5-star unit needs a personal weapon and a full skillset. No more Huberts and Lughs and Kjelles who have incomplete skills sets, no personal weapon, and only one thing that barely justifies why they are staying 5-star.

Or they can demote two units and make their second demote less "good" than they would be as a 5-star.

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Just how Kjelle should've demoted beside Brady, but didn't because she had their oh-so-prized AR skill.

Bold Fighter says hi.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

No more Huberts and Lughs and Kjelles who have incomplete skills sets, no personal weapon, and only one thing that barely justifies why they are staying 5-star.

Having a brand new inheritable weapon is actually a reason to not demote a unit, not a reason to demote a unit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

This weeks Allegiance map is awful, at least for my team. I had to sacrifice 2 points of my total score just to have one dance more instead of the useless buff skills, for I was unable to get all kills with the correct units otherwise. I don't mind a couple attempts, but with the restriction of being able to use support units from friends only once a day it got annoying this time around. Hopefully those two points won't be the sole reason for falling off Top 1k, but I really don't want to retry it without that extra dance.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Having a brand new inheritable weapon is actually a reason to not demote a unit, not a reason to demote a unit.

There’s precedent though. Thea, Sylvia, Shigure, Libra and Legault all demoted.

31 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Case-in-point. They could still lock it behind 20k feathers. Yeah, she'd be one of the few characters with two incomplete skill trees at 4*, but it'd keep it "balanced" all the same. 

Maybe it might stop new players from spamming the skill, but 20,000 Feathers is not that expensive for veteran players.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe it might stop new players from spamming the skill, but 20,000 Feathers is not that expensive for veteran players.

Yeah, it's about a week-two weeks of feathers, but there's also the fact that she'd be rather uncommon. Take Reyson and Thea for instance. There are those that haven't pulled even one, but others are pulling them by the dozen. I know I could +10 Thea easily, but I'd rather Shigure as my lance flier. Reyson's +10 took me about 7 months to get enough copies and feathers for. There's also the question of merge projects vs skill fodder: Would you rather get that merge you want, or go for an expensive skill?

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Case-in-point. They could still lock it behind 20k feathers. Yeah, she'd be one of the few characters with two incomplete skill trees at 4*, but it'd keep it "balanced" all the same. 

Like Quick Riposte 2, Bold Fighter 2 is still really good and is barely a downgrade from the third-level version of the skill for practical use.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

There’s precedent though. Thea, Sylvia, Shigure, Libra and Legault all demoted.

I never said it guaranteed that the unit would not be demoted, just that it was a good enough reason to stop a demotion. Comparing a new inheritable weapon with an already existing inheritable weapon, it's no contest. Comparing a new inheritable weapon with a not-completely-broken unique weapon, I would personally wager that they're about even... just there are no examples to actually draw from since they pretty much always give units with unique weapons better passive skills.

As a reminder:

• Thea was on a banner with Idunn (Surtr counter, 5 skills), Sue (new inheritable weapon and Swift Sparrow, 5 skills), and Lugh (new inheritable weapon and 400-SP Assist skill).
  • Sylvia was on a banner with Levn (busted weapon, Swift Sparrow, and Special Spiral, 5 skills) and Cuan (the first inheritable 400-SP Assist skill in the game, 5 skills).
  • Shigure was on a banner with Kana (new inheritable weapon, Fierce Stance, and Goad Dragons) and Hinoka (Flier Formation and Flier Guidance, 5 skills).
  • Libra was on a banner with Sumia (new inheritable weapon and Close Def), Maribelle (new inheritable weapon and Dazzling Staff), and Olivia (flying dancer in the standard pool, Guidance, 5 skills)
  • Legault was on a banner with Karla (busted weapon and Wrath) and Nino (Swift Sparrow and Aerobatics, 5 skills)

In every one of their cases, it was either they would demote or no one would demote. There was virtually no chance in hell that anyone else would have demoted other than them (excluding the minuscule probability that they bring back 2 demotes on a banner... in which case they'd still be one of the demotes, just alongside someone else).

Edited by Ice Dragon