Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

On the subject, F!Morgan is wearing the Dark Flier outfit (since she's effectively one in Heroes), and not her usual Tactician outfit.

If it's any consolation, they have done the inverse as well. They gave Palla tights, despite not wearing any in any of the OA's, I believe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Hmm. I wanted to save both the spring and AHR banners for after summoning on the mythic banner, but it looks like the AHR banner ends before the mythic banner starts. That's frustrating.

I wanted to make the mythic banner the highest priority and the AHR banner the lowest (since Dimitri is my only missing unit from it, and I don't care much about him) but this means I have to either do the spring banner first, then decide if I want to go for AHR, and do mythic last, or save spring for after mythic and have to make my decision about AHR before seeing the results from either. I'll probably just do the latter and skip AHR, I guess.

So, has anyone else noticed the lack of a certain oversaturated weapon type since Book V began? We're four New Hero banners and five Special Hero banners in, and somehow only three sword units (Reginn, Winter Altina & Sanaki, Annand) have been added. Remember that Book IV's first banner added three sword units (two on the banner, the third being the GHB).

And in its place, IS has instead moved on to spamming red tomes. Spring Severa puts Book V's red tome count at 10 (with eight months still to go), while Book IV ended with 9 red tomes.

Oh, and Dagger is the only weapon type that has yet to be used in Book V (Merlinus is still the latest one added).

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, has anyone else noticed the lack of a certain oversaturated weapon type since Book V began? We're four New Hero banners and five Special Hero banners in, and somehow only three sword units (Reginn, Winter Altina & Sanaki, Annand) have been added. Remember that Book IV's first banner added three sword units (two on the banner, the third being the GHB).

And in its place, IS has instead moved on to spamming red tomes. Spring Severa puts Book V's red tome count at 10 (with eight months still to go), while Book IV ended with 9 red tomes.

Oh, and Dagger is the only weapon type that has yet to be used in Book V (Merlinus is still the latest one added).

Huh, that's pretty wild.

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If the next banner ends up being Fates and not Blazing Blade like a lot of people think, maybe they could make Shura a dagger unit. I don't think he should be, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Shura is more likely to be a bow unit since that is what Outlaws/Adventurers use in Fates. Dwyer is more likely to be a dagger unit on a Fates New Heroes banner assuming they don't make him another male demote staff unit.

I'm wondering about the dagger unit candidates, characters whose default class is thief, assassin, trickster, etc., so I decided to look...

Archanea:

• Playable: Rickard. The remaining thief in the game as Julian was introduced in Book IV.
  • NPC/Enemy: Dall and Vaam. Dall has Levin Sword and Vaam has Armorslayer. It wouldn't be the first time they had two different units sharing a weapon, so Dall could share Levin Dagger with Gangrel. Vaam on the other hand could introduce a regular version of Sky Maiougi or even Pegasus Carrot if Vaam were to show up as a non-colorless dagger.

Gaiden/SoV: N/A? Gaiden/SoV doesn't have thieves in the sense of sword-wielding units who could become dagger-wielding units in Heroes and lock-picking isn't really a thing in the games either from what I remember. The closest thing I can think of would be Celica wielding Golden Dagger, but they decided to give Saber Golden Dagger as sword, so... I could see them making another Celica alt who is a dagger unit with Golden Dagger and for all intents and purposes, it could have the exact same effects as unique refined Golden Dagger: "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). At start of combat, if Special is ready, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range." The stat boost isn't as impressive as recent weapons, but a Killer effect and kind of easy way to get the stat boost and a conditional Close Counter in this case could make this hypothetical dagger Celica pretty good. Special Spiral or Time's Pulse and ally help from Infantry Pulse or Ostia Pulse to setup on turn 1 or CYL Lucina or someone with Infantry Flash or Rush for special charging. The main thing is that it would make her the second ranged unit with a conditional Close Counter and fourth ranged unit with some form of Close Counter on their weapon after regular Julia with unique refined Naga's Dragon Counter, Boey with unique refined Inscribed Tome's almost Close Counter, and Shinon with his Spectrum Close Counter Solo.

Genealogy of the Holy War:

• Playable: Daisy, Dew, and Patty. Daisy is the substitute for Patty and we have yet to have a substitute character in Heroes.
  • NPC/Enemy: Porcus. A deadlord which we have yet to have introduced in Heroes. I know some characters can end up as deadlords, so they could have some kind of personality, but the others I'm not sure. Probably why we haven't had one yet since they would need to make up most of everything for them.

Thracia 776:

• Playable: Lara, Lifis, and Perne. Lara probably should double as a dancer like how Tethys was given daggers in Heroes.
  • NPC/Enemy: Porcus. Unlike in Genealogy and Awakening, Porcus has a Berserk Sword instead of a Brave Sword. Berserk Dagger? Could be interesting. With him having Wrath, maybe they could do something and have it work like Devil Axe in Heroes, so stat boosts, recoil damage, and Wrath. Unfortunately, as a ranged unit Porcus wouldn't be able to run double Wrath, but he comes with Vantage by default which would be nasty as part of his default skill set.

Binding Blade:

• Playable: Astolfo and Cath. Perhaps we might be able to reunite a broken family.
  • NPC/Enemy: none.

Blazing Blade:

• Playable: none. Blazing Blade exhausted its two playable thieves and one assassin by Book II with Matthew as a launch character, Jaffar being introduced in Book I, and Legault in Book II.
  • NPC/Enemy: Jerme. They could double up on Jerme with a regular and morph version if they really, really want to. Jerme when he was alive has a Light Brand while as a morph he has a Runesword. Perhaps Runedagger will be a thing in the future. Leila would have been the second of the NPC/Enemy group had she not be introduced in Book IV.

Sacred Stones:

• Playable: Colm and Rennac. Magvel doesn't really have any unique or weird swords they could give to the non-lord or royal characters, does it? Then again, stuff like Blessed Sword, Ilwoon, and Zweihander were ignored for Gray and Tobin in favor of making up swords for them. Deen, Jesse, and Kamui are the remaining playable myrmidons of the game and if the go with initial concepts, then Deen should have either a generic Brave Sword or a personal version to go with his backstory which leaves Jesse and Kamui to take up the remaining unique swords of SoV. Anyway, I digress.

Path of Radiance:

• Playable: Bastian, Calill, Sothe, and Volke. Knife being a skill in PoR led to Bastian and Calill having it despite being sages. If they want to be weird, they could make Bastian a green dagger infantry and Calill a red dagger infantry. Bastian has Stiletto, so that could work, but perhaps they could make up something for the both of them like a wind dagger for Bastian and flame dagger for Calill. Younger Sothe looks more different than, say, PoR Jill to RD Jill, so that's probably okay for this to happen. Like the other Tellius characters, Volke overlaps and I'm not sure how they choose which game a character represents unless it's noticeable in how different they look or perhaps function like RD Ike is definitely an older PoR Ike or how RD Mist starts out being able to use swords.

Radiant Dawn: Playable:

• Heather and Volke. Weird thing is that Volke comes with Peshkatz in RD, but they gave that to RD Sothe in Heroes. Guess he'll have Baselard or Stiletto.

Awakening:

• Playable: Awakening Anna. The playable Anna in this game is a Trickster, so she could show up as a dagger unit or a staff unit.
  • NPC/Enemy: Porcus and Ruger. Like in Genealogy, Porcus has a Brave Sword and Ruger aka fake Chrom has a Levin Sword. To this day I have no idea how Cynthia could mistake Ruger for Chrom. Man looks like a carriage ran over his face and then some.

Fates:

• Playable: Asugi, Dwyer, and Yukimura. Asugi is the remaining playable, default ninja of Fates. If they choose to have Dwyer as a promoted butler instead of his unpromoted self or anything else, then he would be a dagger infantry instead of a cavalry healer, cavalry mage, and so on. Possible dagger cavalry if they want him mounted. Yukimura is likely to be the second possible candidate for a dagger cavalry after Merlinus who surprisingly was introduced and as a dagger cavalry.
  • NPC/Enemy: Kotaro and Omozu.

Three Houses:

• Playable: Ashe, Manuela, Petra, and Yuri. Ashe's backstory is that he was a thief who stole to survive and his personal skill is lockpicking, but Ashe's proficiency is in bows and he wants to be a knight. Perhaps it would be better for a dagger-wielding Ashe to be part of a ninja or pirate banner as something fun and festive rather than his regular self revisiting his past. Manuela is an assassin enemy on one route, so they could do that if they don't want her to be a mage, non-dagger refresh unit, or whatever. Academy Petra is for whatever reason a dagger flier in Heroes, but she is a thief and assassin as an enemy, so timeskip Petra whenever they get to timeskip Three Houses students that aren't CYL or legendary heroes which is mainly the house leaders, then it would make sense. Yuri being a trickster is the only reason he's here like Awakening Anna.
  • NPC/Enemy: Metodey and Pallardo. Metodey is an assassin with Venin Edge or Brave Sword depending on the chapter you encounter him. Jaffar already does splash damage, but he doesn't inflict a status effect that prevents status effects like Kempf does with Venin Edge and Rhajat does with Obsessive Curse, so a Venin Dagger could differentiate itself by that. Well, it would probably just be better since it would be on a recent dagger unit with likely much higher attack than Jaffar and inflicting that status effect is probably better than only preventing counterattacks from mages when initiating. Pallardo is an enemy thief.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: N/A? There doesn't seem to be a thief or dagger-wielder in this game.

Cipher: Shade and Yuzu. Shade has a card where she's a maid and Yuzu has a card where she's a master ninja.

Edited by Kaden

With the datamine about the next few banners, f!Lyon's all but confirmed to be on the Null one.  I finally get to have my first +10 5* exclusive! \o/  (have 6 now and almost certinally have enough orbs for another 3-4, plus an extra one in Divine Codes if the last one's being a jerk about not arriving.)

34 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Speaking of the datamine, I guess I might use my forma soul on Palla, since V!Silque isn't there. I did get Pumpkin-in-a-box and Atk/Spd Push I farmed so hard for Fury 4 and Ruptured Sky.

Who are the datamined Forma units?

20 minutes ago, Rinco said:
  Hide contents

Fallen Delthea, Fallen Berkut, Fallen Celica and Sonya

Thanks, but also damn. I was hoping for Rudolf.

Edited by Othin

9 hours ago, Kaden said:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: N/A? There doesn't seem to be a thief or dagger-wielder in this game.

You're right. No thieves/dagger-wielders are present in TMS #FE. Not even the villains IIRC. Off the top of my head, these were the weapon types for the heroes.

• Itsuki/Chrom: Sword
  • Tsubasa/Caeda: Lance
  • Touma/Cain: Lance
  • Kiria/Tharja: Rod
  • Mamori/Draug: Axe
  • Eleanora/Virion: Bow
  • Yashiro/Navarre: Sword

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

You're right. No thieves/dagger-wielders are present in TMS #FE. Not even the villains IIRC. Off the top of my head, these were the weapon types for the heroes.

There isn't a dagger weapon class, but the enemy Gangrel in the game could be a stretch. So could Maiko from Encore from the clips that I saw.

Played it, and I recall Maiko's weapons looking too long to be considered daggers. They're practically short swords. And Gangrel is listed as a Myrmidon on TMS #FE's entry in FE Fandom although one of his attacks is Axe-type.

Edited by Karimlan

5 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Played it, and I recall Maiko's weapons looking too long to be considered daggers. They're practically short swords. And Gangrel is listed as a Myrmidon on TMS #FE's entry in FE Fandom although one of his attacks is Axe-type.

We've already gotten some sword users like GBA thieves turned into dagger users.

Fair point. 

Spoiler

Looking at the Hall of (Fallen) Forms list, I'll most probably gun for Fallen Celica--I got her built to +4 and she could use some premium skills.

39 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

We arent gonna defeat Death Knight from Frontline Phalanx, are we?

We didn't win against the last Lyon, either. Not sure if we're any closer this time.

Honestly, I've been actively ignoring Failanx after I exhausted its daily rewards partially because I just want the mode to die the other part is because of a mix of apathy and laziness.

Even though I personally don't like it that much, IS really needs to bring back Grand Conquests (it will soon be four months since the last GC) because that mode at least has fans. Literally no one will miss Failanx once it joins Relay Defense in Hell.

Wow this is my favorite app but..I’m still recovering. 

isk when I can play this game without feeling a little sad

every year I wait a year thinking Chrom can seriously win...and now I feel empty knowing he probably can’t. 

I mean, now we’re just going to get a remake announced and the remake lords will surpass him. There’s someone on Twitter who is starting anti Chrom rallies that are bigger than any pro Chrom rally I’ve ever done (they’re gonna vote whoever is best at beating Chrom) 

and they pointed out...Chrom’s voters came from “let’s beat gatekeeper” meaning now that that failed, he is losing those voters. Meanwhile Marth voters go to older lords than Chrom, and Gatekeeper voters go to newer lords than Chrom. So Chrom is losing, but Byleth is gaining. And of course as always, remake announcement will dethrone Chrom. 

I had so much hope he could finally win but now..it doesn’t seem possible at all. 

just a rant on my personal feelings sorry if too annoying but I figured I’d use general thread as not to clutter with a stupid topic most don’t want to see! 

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think it’s really simple: people don’t like the mode, so they don’t play and the boss doesn’t die. I wish IS just realized it, though

Ah, the self-fulfilling prophecy. "We aren't gonna win, so why even bother playing?" And then no one plays, we lose. "Well what did you expect, we weren't gonna win anyway"

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, the self-fulfilling prophecy. "We aren't gonna win, so why even bother playing?" And then no one plays, we lose. "Well what did you expect, we weren't gonna win anyway"

Normally, Heroes fixes this by making playing more desirable in its own right than that.

Maybe if it gave a minor reward like feathers directly based on your total score, rather than making your total score only give rewards through rank.

Edited by Othin

With the Hall of Forms leak:

Spoiler

I'm kinda disappointed because I very recently invested my +2 +Atk F!Celica with premium fodder: DC, Spurn, Joint Drive Atk. I'm not sure if HoF is going to offer anything better or needed more than those skills, so it feels like a waste of the free Forma Soul just for another merge and revert to neutral IVs. 

Meanwhile I don't care about Delthea or Berkut, and while I've wanted Sonya for a long time, it seems like she's not a good enough unit to spend a Soul on?