• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Didn't he already have a rerun though?

I said that more along the lines of Zeph GHB being simple enough that redoing it isn't all too hard, while Navvare is the GHB that is hardest for me

19 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Where the june calendar wallpapers distributed?

They were! I remember reposting them here in this thread. Here are you again!

Chrom:

DBEc6mlUwAQpkOd.jpg

Camilla:

DBEc7QaVYAAAc9o.jpg

Here also are Chrom without the text and Camilla without the text, courtesy of the reddit user Kaz_Kirigiri.

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So just got the 4* masked Lucina (sorry "marth" as the game says lol), what are people doing with this unit? (this is the first Lucina I have if it makes a difference)

Level to 5* and when (if) I get the 2nd masked unit +1 them?

I'd say either that or send (one of) her home for feathers. You can't inherit skills from her (apart from a silver sword I guess), so there's not much else one can do with her.

Considering I have a +4 Lucina, I was planning to use the masked Marth for inheritance, but now that I know that she has no skills, I'm seriously considering sending her home for feathers.

3 hours ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So just got the 4* masked Lucina (sorry "marth" as the game says lol), what are people doing with this unit? (this is the first Lucina I have if it makes a difference)

Level to 5* and when (if) I get the 2nd masked unit +1 them?

Thats what i plan for yeah

Although realistically this is one is good for budget limited players, an infantry with HW at +1 for 30k feather sounds ok as a general investment

For those who already have vanilla Lucina, I imagine Masked "Marth" isn't super attractive. 

I've never been able to summon a Falchion unit of any kind though (not Lucina, not Marth, not Alm), so I'm quite happy to be getting a free one :D

Plus, even though starting with no skills looks daunting, "Marth" isn't actually any more expensive, in terms of SP, than your average Lucina. 

For an optimized Lucina, you're basically reworking her whole skillset anyways. The most common Lucina builds I see are Fury/Swordbreaker (or the occasional Renewal) and Life and Death/Desperation, both of which require inheritance. You'd also be inheriting a new assist skill anyways because she has none to start with. Other than that, you save SP on Luna (and even then I'd argue that Luna is best replaced with Draconic Aura) and....Spur Attack?

So yeah, "Marth" isn't actually really any more expensive to build than Lucina, and so I'm quite excited to be able to build her up and use her!

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So yeah, "Marth" isn't actually really any more expensive to build than Lucina, and so I'm quite excited to be able to build her up and use her!

Masked Marth has something Lucina doesn’t. An aspiration which under no circumstances may cease to exist.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

So with Masked Marth in the game, Gerome, Sirius, and ??? playable when?

Not before Masked Knerd.

Unless that's who you meant by ???. It could be any number of characters I'm not remembering. But I'd love to see any of these guys be the unit representing the next tempest trial. Except for Gerome because he's also Awakening Days of Future Past and I'd want another game represented.

For Masked Marth, I can't see an immediate use for 4 star version. 5 star is obviously great because Lucina is so rare, and a neutral boon/bane is immediately better than the potential +Res, -Spd, or -Atk ones that we might have pulled. Since Lucina's base kit only uses Falchion and maybe Luna, you're gonna need a ton of SP regardless for either character. 

Oh yeah SP wise Masked Marth should be like miles easier to optimize for obvious reason

Its been a while since i last build a 5* though

@SatsumaFSoysoy took all of them

Edited by JSND

A relatively free 5* is worth 20k feathers. As for the 4*, she might be an arena bonus unit later on. Unless space is an issue I would just keep her around. Who knows maybe in the future we can earn stand alone inheritable skills. 

10 minutes ago, JSND said:

Oh yeah SP wise Masked Marth should be like miles easier to optimize for obvious reason

I wouldn't say that exactly. 

If you never learn Lucina's original skills and just focus on gathering SP for inheritance, then she's exactly as easy or difficult to optimize as "Marth". It's just that "Marth" isn't more difficult to optimize or more expensive to build. 

1 minute ago, DLNarshen said:

First world problems to the extreme -- I somehow pulled Azura off-banner and want to train her up, but I need all my stamina for the Tempest Trials...

I mean you don't need all of your stamina for the trials. 

If you're aiming for the Quickened Pulse seal, then that's 50k points in 12 days, which is about 4.2k points per day. If you're doing Lunatic, you get about 700 points per run per 20 stamina. One full bar of stamina is roughly 5 runs for 3.5k points, and we get 3 full bars per day for a max potential of 10.5k points per day without spending any stamina pots

That's more than double what you'd need to do per day for the best reward. 

Obviously this is a best case scenario assuming you can get 700 points per run. Let's say you can't. Let's say you do Lunatic but surrender on the last stage, which would net you around...600 points (rounding down). That's still roughly 3k points per full bar of stamina and up to 9k points in a day depending on how much you play. 

Heck, if you can only do Hard and get 400-500 points per run, you should still be able to have enough points per day without using stamina pots. 

People are severely overestimating how out of reach the rewards are. 

If you want to train Azura, go ahead and train her up. You have the time and stamina for it. 

I'm really happy with the masked Lucina reward. I could never get her even though I tried pretty hard the last banners she was on, and I'm not a whale so not being able to merge her beyond +1 really doesn't matter much to me. (I don't have a single merged unit as it is) I do still like regular Lucina, and I'm still tempted to roll for her on the Tempest banner, but I think I can resist this time and finally start to save some orbs up.

13 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

First world problems to the extreme -- I somehow pulled Azura off-banner and want to train her up, but I need all my stamina for the Tempest Trials...

If you want her trained soon, you could use shards and crystals, although that does mean missing out on a lot of SP.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you're aiming for the Quickened Pulse seal, then that's 50k points in 12 days, which is about 4.2k points per day. If you're doing Lunatic, you get about 700 points per run per 20 stamina. One full bar of stamina is roughly 5 runs for 3.5k points, and we get 3 full bars per day for a max potential of 10.5k points per day without spending any stamina pots

Obviously this is a best case scenario assuming you can get 700 points per run. Let's say you can't. Let's say you do Lunatic but surrender on the last stage, which would net you around...600 points (rounding down). That's still roughly 3k points per full bar of stamina and up to 9k points in a day depending on how much you play. 

Heck, if you can only do Hard and get 400-500 points per run, you should still be able to have enough points per day without using stamina pots. 

If you want to train Azura, go ahead and train her up. You have the time and stamina for it. 

Surrendering on last Lunatic stage gives you 300 assuming you're not optimal.

8 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

@DLNNarshen 

And there is still the GHB to complete. 

Indeed.  Thankfully, Zephiel's is one of the easier ones for most people it seems. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I average around 500 - 650 per run on the highest difficulty, completing all the maps.  Even so I'm not worried about getting all the rewards at my current pace, already sitting at 14K.  It's nice to have those numbers though, so thanks for sharing!  Those feather rewards though?  It might get quite competitive to even get into the 2nd bracket, which is where I'm aiming.  

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I'd say either that or send (one of) her home for feathers. You can't inherit skills from her (apart from a silver sword I guess), so there's not much else one can do with her.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Thats what i plan for yeah

Although realistically this is one is good for budget limited players, an infantry with HW at +1 for 30k feather sounds ok as a general investment

Cool - just making sure I wasn't missing some alternate use for her.

So because I really want to hit a score of 50,000 for the seal (and 2 days in im under 10k :-/) I looked into doing some of my units up and came across a disturbing trend of frequently used Inheritance Skills I have 0 or very limited access too lol, what I've looked at  so far :

Distant counter - no hector

wings of mercy 3 - I dont have Cain for a 4* access so I'd have to use 20k feathers to level a unit (I have 2 that can be used), so not toally out of reach....but pricy

triangle adept 3 - I have a 4* Cordelia I can pass along from with 20k feathers or 22k feathers on 1 Selena for it

g tombreaker - do not have at all

desperation 3 - Similar to above - 20k on getting the skill from Navaree - I (a) need a whole heap more feathers and/or (b) need better summoning luck lol

on the other hand I have 

fury 3 - an abundance of this (5 Hinatas)

sword breaker 3 - a single able for this and 3 sullys (if I have the spare feathers) so not overly limited on access* 

vantage - almost a similar abundance as fury 3 for this one, go figure :-/

Edited by Marcodian_Elite

47 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I wouldn't say that exactly. 

If you never learn Lucina's original skills and just focus on gathering SP for inheritance, then she's exactly as easy or difficult to optimize as "Marth". It's just that "Marth" isn't more difficult to optimize or more expensive to build. 

Oh yeah somehow i forgot you need to learn Falchion too lol so the 4* leveling won't be too impactful

Edited by JSND

32 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Surrendering on last Lunatic stage gives you 300 assuming you're not optimal.

Really? Even with a bonus unit?

I admit I'm only parroting what I've heard and not speaking from experience, so you may very well be right. 

25 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Indeed.  Thankfully, Zephiel's is one of the easier ones for most people it seems. 

I average around 500 - 650 per run on the highest difficulty, completing all the maps.  Even so I'm not worried about getting all the rewards at my current pace, already sitting at 14K.  It's nice to have those numbers though, so thanks for sharing!  Those feather rewards though?  It might get quite competitive to even get into the 2nd bracket, which is where I'm aiming.  

Trying beating it with no skill inheritance, no mages, no repositioning skills, and no dancers a la Ice Dragon Challenge. It's not fun.

I don't think the average player is supposed to be able to get all of the rewards. Those are just a bonus for those willing to go the extra mile. The main prize imo is the Quick Pulse seal, which is definitely achievable for the average player by the end of the event. But yeah, the feather rewards could take a lot of extra stamina if you're gunning for top 1k.