• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Cool - just making sure I wasn't missing some alternate use for her.

So because I really want to hit a score of 50,000 for the seal (and 2 days in im under 10k :-/) I looked into doing some of my units up and came across a disturbing trend of frequently used Inheritance Skills I have 0 or very limited access too lol, what I've looked at  so far :

Distant counter - no hector

wings of mercy 3 - I dont have Cain for a 4* access so I'd have to use 20k feathers to level a unit (I have 2 that can be used), so not toally out of reach....but pricy

triangle adept 3 - I have a 4* Cordelia I can pass along from, then I'm down to spending 22k feathers on 1 Selena for it

g tombreaker - do not have at all

desperation 3 - Similar to above - 20k on getting the skill from Navaree - I (a) need a whole heap more feathers and/or (b) need better summoning luck lol

on the other hand I have 

fury 3 - an abundance of this (5 Hinatas)

sword breaker 3 - a single able for this and 3 sullys (if I have the spare feathers) so not overly limited on access* 

vantage - almost a similar abundance as fury 3 for this one, go figure :-/

I personally use Nino with fury 3 and desperation 2, since my spare Shanna went to Tharja, and she's still doing great. Tharja had desperation 2 for a while because she lacked the sp to learn 3, and she still managed to pull her weight. desperation 2 means you need to get the users health lower then with 3, but it's still doable, especially if they use fury (or you encouter a lot of enemy healers for some reason).

I think TA can also be quite useful even at level 2, though I personally don't use it.

Sometimes you just have to go with something that isn't optimal, but still works. Hope that helps you a little.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you want her trained soon, you could use shards and crystals, although that does mean missing out on a lot of SP.

Yeah, I'll probably just wind up waiting.  Olivia works for now. 

Just now, Bartozio said:

I personally use Nino with fury 3 and desperation 2, since my spare Shanna went to Tharja, and she's still doing great. Tharja had desperation 2 for a while because she lacked the sp to learn 3, and she still managed to pull her weight. desperation 2 means you need to get the users health lower then with 3, but it's still doable, especially if they use fury (or you encouter a lot of enemy healers for some reason).

I think TA can also be quite useful even at level 2, though I personally don't use it.

Sometimes you just have to go with something that isn't optimal, but still works. Hope that helps you a little.

Yeh I've been holding off because I could just about get past other events/okay-ish in arena so no push, but this event.....I'd be flat out screwed without Klein, been pulling his weight something serrious, and after just finding - https://ss.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6g4row/made_a_handy_little_tool_for_tracking_where_you/ I will fall well short of 50k, I will get the 5* marth though, so I might have to settle for some less than optimal inheritance

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

...Masked Marth is literally a skill inheritance only unit?

She can only learn skills (aside from Falchion) via inheritance, yeah. 

I think that's quite reasonable though, since you can get her as a guaranteed 5* with an amazing base stat spread and one of the best unique weapons in the game.

Plus, if you're playing competitively, regular Lucina is basically "skill inheritance only" as well, since you completely replace her vanilla skillset. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She can only learn skills (aside from Falchion) via inheritance, yeah. 

I think that's quite reasonable though, since you can get her as a guaranteed 5* with an amazing base stat spread and one of the best unique weapons in the game.

Plus, if you're playing competitively, regular Lucina is basically "skill inheritance only" as well, since you completely replace her vanilla skillset. 

I mean that's a lot of SP grinding for casuals like me. Like geez.

I would have been fine with a Luna.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

I mean that's a lot of SP grinding for casuals like me. Like geez.

I would have been fine with a Luna.

SP grinding goes surprisingly quickly with 2-3 dancers. 

It is a bit daunting though, I agree. I suppose I'm just happy because I think the pros outweigh the cons. 

I mean that's a lot of SP grinding for casuals like me.

Then get off your butt and stop being a casual

I don't need another 5 star sword user right now anyway but eventually I want to get her to amazingness

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

SP grinding goes surprisingly quickly with 2-3 dancers. 

It is a bit daunting though, I agree. I suppose I'm just happy because I think the pros outweigh the cons. 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Then get off your butt and stop being a casual

I don't need another 5 star sword user right now anyway but eventually I want to get her to amazingness

I have access to every skill from 4 stars to make Vanilla Lucina.

Except of course freaking Aether.

Aether isn't that great anyway because of it's slow charging time, so you should be fine.

I mean I personally wouldn't recommend giving her the skillset of Vanilla Lucina since Lucina herself wants to replace her vanilla skillset with inherited skills, but hey I'm not stopping you.

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Really? Even with a bonus unit?

I admit I'm only parroting what I've heard and not speaking from experience, so you may very well be right. 

If you lose in the final challenge, you get 40 points per map times the bonus unit multiplier. So if you clear 6 maps and have a x1.4 unit, you get 240*1.4 points, or 336.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Aether isn’t really worth it without, maybe, Heavy Blade.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

LOL Aether is garbage anyway XD

Vanilla Lucina is meh. You would need the Psychopathic stuff like Fury and Life and Death for a real Lucina

1 minute ago, Othin said:

If you lose in the final challenge, you get 40 points per map times the bonus unit multiplier. So if you clear 6 maps and have a x1.4 unit, you get 240*1.4 points, or 336.

I stand corrected then, thanks for the clarification. 

Perhaps what I was reading about were people who couldn't clear the final map without losing a team rather than people who couldn't clear the final map at all, hence the score discrepancy. 

I do still believe it's possible to get the seal without spending a lot of stamina pots though, even if that's as many points as you can get in a run. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Aether isn’t really worth it without, maybe, Heavy Blade.

Just now, Arcanite said:

LOL Aether is garbage anyway XD

Vanilla Lucina is meh. You would need the Psychopathic stuff like Fury and Life and Death for a real Lucina

Do you guys forget the part where I'm a casual and do skill sets that are fitting to the character. Not necessarily good?

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Do you guys forget the part where I'm a casual and do skill sets that are fitting to the character. Not necessarily good?

That’s absolutely fine, of course. But even the most fitting skill is useless and a waste of SP (and time spent gaining that SP) if it doesn’t get activated during a usual battle.

Which is a real pity. Aether looked nice on Ike, for example. Ylissean Aether was kind of meh though, no flourishes and stuff.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s absolutely fine, of course. But even the most fitting skill is useless and a waste of SP (and time spent gaining that SP) if it doesn’t get activated during a usual battle.

Which is real pity. Aether looked nice on Ike, for example. Ylissean Aether was kind of meh though, no flourishes and stuff.

I use vanilla Lucy on Belinda's account. And a 6 interaction cooldown isn't that bad for me.

This is the reason I prefer the vanilla skills rather than the new "shorter cooldown" ones like "Noontime" "Bonfire" etc. Simply because of the "original" skills rather than optimization.

This is the same reason I never used reclassing on many runs in FE13 or FE14.

Same reason I'm not into Fury builds. I don't expect to have the best setup or rank of course.

But that's the same how with tiers and such of how the community accepts things being more efficient than others that I don't expect much out of being a Robin smash main.

It's just a different playstyle than you guys.

I mean I have a Speed Awakening (Defiant Spd) +spd desperation 2 Julia. And I don't expect that setup to be optimal.

Edited by shadowofchaos

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I use vanilla Lucy on Belinda's account. And a 6 interaction cooldown isn't that bad for me.

Same reason I'm not into Fury builds.

Ugh

Casual mentality...  makes me want to puke

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Same reason I'm not into Fury builds.

Ugh

Casual mentality...  makes me want to puke

Just cleared Lunatic for the 2nd time, got a score of 676 - I am really pleased with that seeing as its about double my average score lol

going back to the calculator - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSlMnhTs2kpfz3wdL40f3qH4TgQhP0pqTfNRrqQvLBw/edit#gid=1753728221

I'm back on target to get quickening pulse seal - so keeping at my current rate I think I'll be cutting it fine to get it or just miss out!

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This is the reason I prefer the vanilla skills rather than the new "shorter cooldown" ones like "Noontime" "Bonfire" etc. Simply because of the "original" skills rather than optimization.

This is the same reason I never used reclassing on many runs in FE13 or FE14.

Same reason I'm not into Fury builds. I don't expect to have the best setup or rank of course.

But that's the same how with tiers and such of how the community accepts things being more efficient than others that I don't expect much out of being a Robin smash main.

It's just a different playstyle than you guys.

I mean I have a Speed Awakening (Defiant Spd) +spd desperation 2 Julia. And I don't expect that setup to be optimal.

Be me and do Darting Blow Lucina

Just cleared Lunatic for the 2nd time, got a score of 676 - I am really pleased with that seeing as its about double my average score lol

going back to the calculator - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSlMnhTs2kpfz3wdL40f3qH4TgQhP0pqTfNRrqQvLBw/edit#gid=1753728221

(robbed from - https://ss.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6g4row/made_a_handy_little_tool_for_tracking_where_you/ lol)

I'm back on target to get quickening pulse seal - so keeping at my current rate I think I'll be cutting it fine to get it or just miss out!

Edited by Marcodian_Elite