Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

SB 2 is perfectly serviceable. Sure, you won't get quite as many Arena points, but it's not that big of a deal ultimately. 

Oh I'm not planning to use her on my arena team anytime soon, mostly I want so I can have someone other than my 4* Robin for bonus tempest points ATM.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ike's original Aether animation is literally the GBA Hero critical animation minus the shield.

Exactly! GBA animations are the best.

4 hours ago, Okigen said:

Me the opposite. I would rather buy the Quicken purse by orbs.

Well-l-l-l, you technically can buy the seal with orbs by spending them on stamina refills.

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

If anything, tempest reminded me that I need get more green units. I don't think I went for green since the bunny banner.

R6cBulR.jpg

This is my barracks’ composition. I’ve probably been a bit… overzealous in my hunt for reds, but I’m not going to stop just now.

Edited by Vaximillian

On 26-05-2017 at 1:05 AM, Jave said:

Since it's so easy to grind for HM in the Kozaki maps, I'm going to post my current HM List and post it again when the Kozaki maps are over for comparison.

Hide contents

33XYKrR.png

Two weeks later... (Screenshot taken the morning after the Kozaki trials ended).

Spoiler

Iqcq8TC.png

I am so much tempted to 4⋆ one of my two spare Ursulas to give Reinhardt DB2 because sure as hell I won’t get a Klein any time soon.
Or I could spend an Effie. Or Ursula? Or Effie? Gah.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Exactly! GBA animations are the best.

Nowhere else do you have feats of dexterity like Nergal's staff animation and Eliwood's Durandal toss and Lyn's bounce.

That said, you do have to give Radiant Dawn credit for their wickedly sweet magic animations. Even the units' casting animations are gorgeous.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

1) That said, you do have to give Radiant Dawn credit for their wickedly sweet magic animations.
2) Even the units' casting animations are gorgeous.

1) Flare, man. Just Flare.
2) Does Ilyana flash everytime she casts a spell, like she did in Path of Blueberry? I only recently started Radiant Dawn.

So let me vent for Tempest Trials a bit

FUCK YOU KLEIN

HOW THE FUCK BROKEN HERO LIKE THIS EVEN FUCKING EXIST AND WHY THE LIVING FUCK IS HE BUFFED EVEN FURTHER IN THIS FUCKING EVENT

ETRURIANS ARE A FUCKING SCUM I SWEAR

Edited by JSND

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

FUCK YOU KLEIN

HOW THE FUCK BROKEN HERO LIKE THIS EVEN FUCKING EXIST AND WHY THE LIVING FUCK IS HE BUFFED EVEN FURTHER IN THIS FUCKING EVENT

Just be happy the Tempest can't give units new weapons. 

Brave Bow Takumi and Brave Bow Cordelia are far more terrifying than Klein will ever be.

But you have my condolences, pal. 

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Just be happy the Tempest can't give units new weapons. 

Brave Bow Takumi and Brave Bow Cordelia are far more terrifying than Klein will ever be.

But you have my condolences, pal. 

Heh, -blade tomes for the cavalry mages. Good thing we only fight 2 cavaliers on the last map, right? :P

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I am so much tempted to 4⋆ one of my two spare Ursulas to give Reinhardt DB2 because sure as hell I won’t get a Klein any time soon.
Or I could spend an Effie. Or Ursula? Or Effie? Gah.

I did this and also fed him a spare (of so many) Oboros so my Reinhardt has the option of Threaten Res 3 on a non-cavalry team. Point is, Death Blow 2 is so worth it.

(my spare Effie is to be merged to other Effie for extra skills because SP grinding armors is annoying)

also just to rant it out there, ranged units using Draw Back on melee units is so annoying especially in the Veronica map. It tanks my speed score so bad

Hmmm... Now that I've maxed out Reinhardt in HM, I've been tempted to go from being Reinhardt trash to Olwen trash... She's just not as pretty to me -.-

I need to look up some builds for her. This'll be after Tempest, though, since I'm not going to waste stamina changing from my routine now (Reinhardt and Xander to get me through the first several maps, with a few random teams if they fail, and then Sanaki and Ninian/Azura/Olivia + usually Roy and a mage to murder Veronica and her pals).

Then again, it's Camus' turn in the arena soon, so might have to turn my attentions to building a team around him :)

...Or just keep spamming Xander and Soren...

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well-l-l-l, you technically can buy the seal with orbs by spending them on stamina refills.

Uhm... but I have to sit there for hours to spend those pots too. :>_<:

7 hours ago, JSND said:

FUCK YOU KLEIN

that was my reaction to the kagero standing right next to veronica

58 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

that was my reaction to the kagero standing right next to veronica

Did Kagero have Draw Back?

Draw Back Kagero/Klein are super annoying.

Also I keep forgetting Rebecca had Darting Blow during damage calculations and keep losing units to her in the final map.

32 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Did Kagero have Draw Back?

Draw Back Kagero/Klein are super annoying.

Also I keep forgetting Rebecca had Darting Blow during damage calculations and keep losing units to her in the final map.

Man, I do that last one a lot. Tharja seems to be a big one for me. I'm like, okay, can take he--- oh, dead >.<

She hasn't appeared on the final map for in this one, though, thankfully. WoM gets me a lot. Man, I hate that. Once it gets me, I only remember to check for skills for about two sets of maps after -.-

Draw back can help or hinder, depending on what I need units to do. I think it was either Gwendy or Effie that smited Veronica across the map, which helped me win, once, and a Klein kept Veronica up near the top until I was ready for her ^.^

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Hmmm... Now that I've maxed out Reinhardt in HM, I've been tempted to go from being Reinhardt trash to Olwen trash... She's just not as pretty to me -.-

I need to look up some builds for her. This'll be after Tempest, though, since I'm not going to waste stamina changing from my routine now (Reinhardt and Xander to get me through the first several maps, with a few random teams if they fail, and then Sanaki and Ninian/Azura/Olivia + usually Roy and a mage to murder Veronica and her pals).

Then again, it's Camus' turn in the arena soon, so might have to turn my attentions to building a team around him :)

...Or just keep spamming Xander and Soren...

Olwen generally runs Life and Death and Desperation since she's fast enough to quad (especially with a Hone Cavalry buff) with Luna being the most common proc. 

If you're running cavalry buffs (and I mean you have Xander and Camus, so I'd be surprised if you don't have Hone on one of the two), Olwen is arguably a better version of Reinhardt (regular Olwen < regular Reinhardt, but Hone Cavalry Olwen > Hone Cavalry Reinhardt), so you really wouldn't have to change much in your strategy. 

Of course, if your main reason for not using her is personal preference, rather than optimization, then I guess just ignore all of that?

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Olwen generally runs Life and Death and Desperation since she's fast enough to quad (especially with a Hone Cavalry buff) with Luna being the most common proc. 

If you're running cavalry buffs (and I mean you have Xander and Camus, so I'd be surprised if you don't have Hone on one of the two), Olwen is arguably a better version of Reinhardt (regular Olwen < regular Reinhardt, but Hone Cavalry Olwen > Hone Cavalry Reinhardt), so you really wouldn't have to change much in your strategy. 

Of course, if your main reason for not using her is personal preference, rather than optimization, then I guess just ignore all of that?

I'm terrible with buff teams. I do need to get hone on my guys still, but I do intend to.

Since I've maxed out Reinhardt, I might as well make the most of Olwen, and people do say she's better. I should really start going for buffs and strategy than blindly charging... and getting Xander his hone cavalry - Camus, too >.<

I forget, who has that? Is it just Gunter?

Map 7 Gwendolyn is the biggest, most embarrassing wall for me. I don't have any trained hammer users, I don't have any mages, and my one raised emerald axer has to be sacrificed once I reach map 7. Archers, young tiki, and anna are the best answers I have, and they all need two turns to drop just 40% of her health. And by that point, Veronica and pals are already bearing down on me.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

and getting Xander his hone cavalry - Camus, too >.<

I forget, who has that? Is it just Gunter?

Yes, Hone Cavalry is Gunter, Fortify Cavalry is Jagen. Reinhardt and Camus are Goad Cavalry, while Eliwood and Olwen are Ward Cavalry.