Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

26 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm terrible with buff teams. I do need to get hone on my guys still, but I do intend to.

Since I've maxed out Reinhardt, I might as well make the most of Olwen, and people do say she's better. I should really start going for buffs and strategy than blindly charging... and getting Xander his hone cavalry - Camus, too >.<

I forget, who has that? Is it just Gunter?

Just Gunter, yeah. 

I'm not sure I'd also give Camus Hone Cavalry since he's fast enough to make use of the buff himself, but I suppose that also depends on what else you're running. 

I personally run Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt (no Olwen RIP), and Xander for my horse team. 

Camus and Reinhardt have Fortify Cavalry while Cecilia and Xander have Hone Cavalry. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, Hone Cavalry is Gunter, Fortify Cavalry is Jagen. Reinhardt and Camus are Goad Cavalry, while Eliwood and Olwen are Ward Cavalry.

Oooh yeah, Camus has it, then, since I gave him all his skills :D

Olwen likely has hers, too. Just Xander to go ^.^

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Just Gunter, yeah. 

I'm not sure I'd also give Camus Hone Cavalry since he's fast enough to make use of the buff himself, but I suppose that also depends on what else you're running. 

I personally run Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt (no Olwen RIP), and Xander for my horse team. 

Camus and Reinhardt have Fortify Cavalry while Cecilia and Xander have Hone Cavalry. 

Ahhhhh, so my Xander is the only one who could do with a bit of a skill lift. I should get on that. Gotta find where I put my spare Gunter...

I wish there were a way to convert crystals to shards because I have far more crystals than I'll ever use and not nearly enough shards...

I don't use crystals (or shards) to level units I plan to use because I want to maximize SP gains, but I frequently use shards to level inheritance fodder up to level 20 to immediately promote then feed them. 

Fortress Defense is such a terrible skill to see in the tempest/trial. The paltry attack penalty means nothing to lunatic-boosted stat spreads and that extra defense makes even fragile units a slog who will slowly or not so slowly kill you to death

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

That feeling when your A-team maxes hero merit, and now you're using precious, precious stamina to train up Eliwood and Hinoka.

My main team's maxed too, but man, I just can't bring myself to use my other units to get that extra HM out of it. I clear so consistently and usually hit 705 as it is. My runs are too comfy right now to switch it up. (though I did sub Sakura after she maxed for B Lyn, since a healer's a healer)

tumblr_orclku1cPL1sn35pqo1_250.png

tumblr_orclku1cPL1sn35pqo2_250.png

I knew Smite would let you punch characters across rivers and chasms, but it only just occurred to me that it could also let you punch characters up or down cliffs.

23 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Make a full dragon team with everyone +10, with Aether, and all 4 have fortify dragons and I'll change my profile picture to antyhing you want ;) (Just don't be lewd or indecent)

Fuck, this isn't going to work. I may have eleven Tikis, but I can't bring myself to use my first one for merging. She's the first 5-star I pulled on this account, and I'm not sure I can steel my heart enough to merge her away. :[ (But if I do merge her away, that'd put Alfonse and Sharena one step closer to Anna when sorted by order obtained.)

Argh, why do I give sentimental value so much decision-making weight? What do? どうしよう…

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fuck, this isn't going to work. I may have eleven Tikis, but I can't bring myself to use my first one for merging. She's the first 5-star I pulled on this account, and I'm not sure I can steel my heart enough to merge her away. :[ (But if I do merge her away, that'd put Alfonse and Sharena one step closer to Anna when sorted by order obtained.)

Argh, why do I give sentimental value so much decision-making weight? What do? どうしよう…

I merged my first Lucina into a better one, and felt no shame. All's said and done, it's still Lucina. For the cause!

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I merged my first Lucina into a better one, and felt no shame. All's said and done, it's still Lucina. For the cause!

I suppose melding my Tikis together just means their hearts are now one. At least, that's what I told myself when I merged my first Ninian into current Ninian...

I still have 25 hours. I'ma go burn some more heathens in Tempest first while I contemplate this.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I suppose melding my Tikis together just means their hearts are now one. At least, that's what I told myself when I merged my first Ninian into current Ninian...

I still have 25 hours. I'ma go burn some more heathens in Tempest first while I contemplate this.

Yes, you need the maximum amount of anime possible. 11 Tikis merging into one giant Tiki... Can't get any better than that.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

you lose your feelings and become a robot!

51 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Who here is expecting some sort of Fourth of July event?

Probably not.  Maybe some generic "Summer" banner, but Japan doesn't celebrate the Fourth of July, so I doubt they'd do an event just for America.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

I knew Smite would let you punch characters across rivers and chasms, but it only just occurred to me that it could also let you punch characters up or down cliffs.

...I now really want to see this visually represented.

54 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Ooh, can we have a Sixth of August event, too? Maybe an Eleventh of November- wait, that's Rememberance Day...

6 hours ago, Othin said:

I hate that map.  I'd probably get A rank for Speed every time, if it weren't for there.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hate that map.  I'd probably get A rank for Speed every time, if it weren't for there.

Just run a flier. (What I usually do is dancer Cordelia to ORKO the bottom right unit on turn one---she has drag back, so she remains safe from the top right.)

It's still slow, but at least the AI starts running towards you rather than sitting there, forcing you to spend 2 to 4 turns just moving into range.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

I find that pretty unlikely tbh

The Fourth of July is an American-only holiday, and I can't see a game reaching out to a global playerbase with a company based in Japan doing an American-centered holiday event. 

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Just run a flier. (What I usually do is dancer Cordelia to ORKO the bottom right unit on turn one---she has drag back, so she remains safe from the top right.)

It's still slow, but at least the AI starts running towards you rather than sitting there, forcing you to spend 2 to 4 turns just moving into range.

I do have a Flyer Team, but it's sub-optimal.  If my main team dies very early in the run, I brought in my Flyer Team, but I pretty consistently get to match 5-6, if not 7 on my initial team, now so I think I'm better just soldiering through.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I do have a Flyer Team, but it's sub-optimal.  If my main team dies very early in the run, I brought in my Flyer Team, but I pretty consistently get to match 5-6, if not 7 on my initial team, now so I think I'm better just soldiering through.

You don't need a flier team, just one good flier---good enough to ORKO most things. Cordelia at 35/35, Cherche at 38/25, reds are kind of terrible with Palla being the best at 31/31 (aka very meh), but either Cordelia or Cherche should be enough, really.

My Cordelia's in a team with 3 infantry.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You don't need a flier team, just one good flier---good enough to ORKO most things. Cordelia at 35/35, Cherche at 38/25, reds are kind of terrible with Palla being the best at 31/31 (aka very meh), but either Cordelia or Cherche should be enough, really.

My Cordelia's in a team with 3 infantry.

My Flyers aren't that great.  I've got Camilla and Spring Camilla, but they are both -Atk.  I 5*d Est, but she really needs some SI.

I was hoping I can get some opinions on neural nature units, specifically Olivia. Should I train the neutral nature one that we get from the special maps or should I wait until I get one with a decent boon/bane combo? If so, what is the recommended combo and a build for her? Mainly just want to use her for the dance utility but I want her to be able to take a hit from Reds or Greens if need be. I'm thinking of giving her Ruby Sword and Wings of Mercy but I don't know if that's a good set or not so I'd like an opinion if possible.

Also, what should I do with the other neutral nature units like Subaki, Cecilia, and Wrys etc.? They're just sitting there and not doing much since they're only 2*.  

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ah... yeah, that could be a issue.

Yeah, if I run Flyer Emblem, they're okay enough for 10th Stratum Quests, but they don't do well without stacking buffs.