Why?

Spoiler

Are you sure?

Spoiler

I'm warning you...

Spoiler

Fine. Here's my reason.

Spoiler

I don't know. (Or in other words, I just like promoting more common 3* units)

The only issue I have with death blow Laslow is replacing the Silver Sword. Don't get me wrong. I like Laslow to double, but I can't make up my mind.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I just like promoting more common 3* units

SO WHERE THE FRICK IS YOUR 5 STAR OBORO?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

The only issue I have with death blow Laslow is replacing the Silver Sword. Don't get me wrong. I like Laslow to double, but I can't make up my mind.

... you do realize he doesn't win as much matchups with silver sword on player phase as much as Brave sword right?

JUST DO IT

Datamine spoilers

Spoiler

Yamada Kotaro quests are in the datamine, but Reddit didn't elaborate.  Are these more special maps based around Yamada Kotaro?  If so, that's a little weird considering all he did was the two Lyns and Narcian.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

She's at level 40. I just haven't given her skills.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

.. you do realize he doesn't win as much matchups with silver sword on player phase as much as Brave sword right?

JUST DO IT

I'm very aware of that. I just like more skill variety for my team (since I plan to have some of my other units get the brave sword). If it really comes down to it, then the brave sword will be my last resort. But I'll settle with death blow Laslow over bulky Laslow.

Just now, JSND said:

My mind is telling me i should upgrade Cherche to 5*

But looking at the new contents make me wonder if i should have raised one of the Klein instead

help

Klein isn't very good as a 5* and Vantage 3 is inheritable at 4*.  Unless you need a brave bow for someone, Cherche is much better.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

She's at level 40. I just haven't given her skills.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

.. you do realize he doesn't win as much matchups with silver sword on player phase as much as Brave sword right?

JUST DO IT

I'm very aware of that. I just like more skill variety for my team (since I plan to have some of my other units get the brave sword). If it really comes down to it, then the brave sword will be my last resort. But I'll settle with death blow Laslow over bulky Laslow.

Just now, JSND said:

But looking at the new contents make me wonder if i should have raised one of the Klein instead

help

Klein isn't very good as a 5* and Vantage 3 is inheritable at 4*.  Unless you need a brave bow for someone, Cherche is much better.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

My idea is no Laslow at all heh

But death blow Laslow seems great. Why Laslow?

xqu9yKw.png

WHO'S READY TO DIE?!?!?!

Woot, even more blade tome fun. Wings of Mercy seems like an odd choice though, special tactics for the Tempest Trials or something?

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Woot, even more blade tome fun. Wings of Mercy seems like an odd choice though, special tactics for the Tempest Trials or something?

I just put it on there cause I had it left over from Palla and I figured "Flying delete button sounds pretty funny"

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I just put it on there cause I had it left over from Palla and I figured "Flying delete button sounds pretty funny"

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I can see it being useful at least as a place holder, but for some reason I assumed you inherited the full line to her and she just needed to learn the other ones. I should really stop making so much assumptions...

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Datamine spoilers

Hide contents

Yamada Kotaro quests are in the datamine, but Reddit didn't elaborate.  Are these more special maps based around Yamada Kotaro?  If so, that's a little weird considering all he did was the two Lyns and Narcian.

Spoiler

Well, he contributed to the game and has apparently been playing it too. So why not have some more fun orbs to get maps to play?

They were pretty fun last time as a challenge. The only question now is whether they'll have skills inherited. 

I'm screwed, all the banners suck (for me at least, you may pull as many dragon melons as you like) and orbs are accumulating fast with all those new map challenges. I've never been a very patient man and really want to pull again, it's been a while (Vantage Banner probably). I just know that I would regret it with those banners and the summer one is up for a whole frekking month, ugh. I already have Alm for TT and Fury Eldigan is pointless since I already committed myself to Xander for my WiP Horse Emblem team.

Someone send help!

The sudden realization that more Sacred Stones characters could improve my chances of getting more red mages hurts my soul. Let's see, Knoll and maybe Ewan and Lute as summonable red mages -- probably not Ewan or Lute because of their affinities -- and Lyon and Selena GHB. Part of me also wants Julie Ann Taylor to voice Sacred Stones' Selena. She could just use a deeper Cordelia voice.

Magvel itself could have it own run of GHBs if they dump Caellach, Duessel, Lyon, Selena, Valter, and Vigarde on us. Perhaps Ismaire and Glen as well along with whatever units I'm missing. It would help with the whole not a lot of green units in general since Caellach and Duessel would probably be axe units with Duessel possibly having Garm, Selena being a red mounted mage despite her thunder affinity making more sense for her to be a blue mage would be pretty good considering the only summonable one, Leo, is 5*-only, and Glen and Valter would be among our first lance-wielding wyvern riders and Valter could have a legendary weapon if they give him that cursed lance Duessel has. Magvel has a lot of useful units like flying dragon Myrrh... Magvel, when?

55 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm screwed, all the banners suck (for me at least, you may pull as many dragon melons as you like) and orbs are accumulating fast with all those new map challenges. I've never been a very patient man and really want to pull again, it's been a while (Vantage Banner probably). I just know that I would regret it with those banners and the summer one is up for a whole frekking month, ugh. I already have Alm for TT and Fury Eldigan is pointless since I already committed myself to Xander for my WiP Horse Emblem team.

Someone send help!

While the summer banner runs for the whole month, they might still introduce a new banner in the middle of the month anyway. Also, I thinkk the Fury banner only runs till the 7th? It'll probably get replaced by a banner focusing on some other skill.

There will be new banners soon, just hold on for a little longer!

Spoiler

Meanwhile I don't have Eldigan or a 5* Xander, and not a single SoV character, so all of my orbs are dissapearing in big black hole while a Sacred Stones banner or a RD banner could show up at any time. I think I need help myself!

On my side I think there won't be any new character entry to the game. The only reason they can add Magvel, Jugdral or Tellius characters is because of a sudden new addition. Like, there's a better chance for units from Archanea, Valentia, Elibe, Ylisse and Fates to be in rather than new ones. That doesn't mean I don't want new units, though. What I want most is Micaiah, Pent, Sephiran or Ilyana to be in.

On a other note, the SP and HM grind is really cool with Chain Challenges.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

While the summer banner runs for the whole month, they might still introduce a new banner in the middle of the month anyway. Also, I thinkk the Fury banner only runs till the 7th? It'll probably get replaced by a banner focusing on some other skill.

There will be new banners soon, just hold on for a little longer!

Hide contents

Meanwhile I don't have Eldigan or a 5* Xander, and not a single SoV character, so all of my orbs are dissapearing in big black hole while a Sacred Stones banner or a RD banner could show up at any time. I think I need help myself!

We're both screwed, man! I just need a moment of weakness and oops, I lost half of my 100+ orbs, but I couldn't forgive myself if then suddenly a ...., let's say, Haar banner came up and I don't get him; all this while you will be screwed by the system and get some off-focus 5 star instead of a SoV unit for the TT bonus. IS, have mercy on us!

I do, however, believe as well that there will be other banners before the summer month ends; still very impatient at the moment D: (btw, thx IS for the generous rewards added; it's quite a bit, and I just have first world problems)

5 hours ago, JSND said:

help

Klein is pretty great. He doesn't hit quite as hard as Reinhardt or target enemy Res, but none of his base kit is useless if you're low on optimal skills. He's the cheapest Archer.

I was doing some odds calculations.  For those that don't know, there is a formula:

P(A | B) = P(A) * P(B)

where P(A | B) ::: Probability of A or B
etc.

So, I'm running for Summer Gaius and I either want +atk or +spd, preferably +spd.  -hp, -def, and -res would all be acceptable.  Thus, I can calculate that the odds of getting an acceptable IV if neutral does not roll is 30% for either +atk | +spd and 15% for +spd (and one of the other 3 stats for the '-' stat)

Now, there is another thing I need to consider, which is the odds that it will be neutral.  I can take this probability, P, and multiply it by my 30% to get the real probability.  Thing is, I have no idea what P is.  I could see it being 1/6, or 2/7 - but it could really be anything.  Anyone know? 

edit: I could also see it being 1/21, if everything is chosen at once and not from two RNGs. 

Edited by Lushen

20 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

IRRC, my 4* Selena 2RKOs Veronica without issues. +Spd and Fury means she had 39 spd, 2 more than needed to double Veronica, Ignis and the Ruby she got from somewhere meant: A, she took 0 damage aside from Fury burn, and B, she actually hits quite hard. 17x 2 or something, and of course Ignis just explodes people.

Renewal meant Fury burn damage isn't even a problem, too, since she can just hang out in the back doing reposition things while waiting for Hp to recover.

Well, I was mentioning that Selena with Ruby Sword, but without Fury 3, anything to boost her attack, or a special would need more than 2 rounds to KO Veronica after baiting her or getting Veronica to be affected by Threaten Speed without getting hit somehow. So, if someone did the bare minimum of dropping a Ruby Sword on her because they lacked anyone with Fury 3, Bonfire, Ignis, etc. to give to her. It improves her by freeing up her A-slot, but in regards to Veronica, it isn't enough. Basically, what I'm making a note of is that for a 4* Selena to be a reliable way to deal with Veronica, she needs a combination of Ruby Sword and Fury 3 and an attack buff or Ruby Sword and Bonfire or Ignis with an attack buff. With just a Ruby Sword, she'd need at least +5 attack to 2RKO after a bait. At that point, there is probably a simpler, non-Selena solution like 4* neutral Sophia with at least G Tomebreaker to 2RKO. T-Adept would make it way safer and everyone has or had access to Sophia at some point. But the question is about Selena, so there's that.

Also, did you get a Ruby Sword on her or a Ruby Sword+? +Spd, 4* Selena with Fury 3 and Ruby Sword does 11x2 to Veronica; Ruby Sword+ or a +4 attack buffed Ruby Sword does 17x2.

And I wished there were more sources of Renewal 3 instead of just Fae. 5* Boey, Jakob, and Lissa aren't exactly cheap and while Renewal 2 suffices, Renewal 3 activating every other turn is pretty rad, especially if I can slap it on a Falchion unit.

Talking with you and asking you for advice is always helpful, but in regards to Selena, it just makes me wonder even more what I should do since there's a lot of options I can take. Maybe it'll be different with a different Selena. :p

They could re-localize Sacred Stones' Selena to Celina, her Japanese name. With the other Arthur and Harold, it might be more difficult since I don't know of any other variations to spell their name. Sacred Stone's Selena being Celina would end up reminding me of Celine Dion.

Edit: Whoops, Celine Dion not Celina Dion.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

They could re-localize Sacred Stones' Selena to Celina, her Japanese name. With the other Arthur and Harold, it might be more difficult since I don't know of any other variations to spell their name, but Celina and Selena works. Sacred Stone's Selena being Celina would end up reminding me of Celina Dion.

Dion is Celine, isn’t she?

One of them we can call Awesome Arthur, and the other Arthur Awesome. (there’s also Sacred Stones Artur to consider)

If they hadn’t re-localised Seliph, we could have had a dyslexic’s nightmare team of Celica, Celice, Cecilia, and Cecil.