Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

2) Now that you mention it, I simply assumed CA affected enemy -Raven tomes because of the wording of CA:

The wording in Japanese is "weapon triangle affinity enhanced by the opponent's skills", which implies that it does not affect the fact that Litrraven is effective against colorless.

All of my Bride Cordelias are level 1 and I don't have the free time at the moment to try it out myself against a Litrraven user that doesn't have Triangle Adept.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Alternative solution to the Litrblade mess that could probably actually work:

Daunt 1/2/3: (C) Foes within 1/2/3 spaces have their bonuses ignored during combat.

Nihil 1/2/3: (B) If unit's HP ≥ x/x/x%, additional effects on foe's weapon are ignored. (Lol would allow Firesweep to counterattack.)

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Fix this

Why fix something that isn't broken?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Why fix something that isn't broken?

So you just don't want a Bride Riceload of Life and death? 

There's poor free to players waiting to use those Riceloads....

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Daunt 1/2/3: (C) Foes within 1/2/3 spaces have their bonuses ignored during combat.

Nihil 1/2/3: (B) If unit's HP ≥ x/x/x%, additional effects on foe's weapon are ignored. (Lol would allow Firesweep to counterattack.)

Petrine GHB and Dawn Brigade banner. What, the two groups are largely unrelated? Screw that noise.

I say, as a major user of Blades.

7 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

There are also poor players who paid but still don't have Cordelias... Of any sort.

But at least she is ready.

Ow7TJGq.png

Zanbato+ / Reposition / Moonbow / Fury 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Threaten Spd 3

I have Ignis and Desperation learned for non-Arena content, but for now she's my leader.

Just put on the Res +1 Seal to have 32/32 bulk lel.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There are also poor players who paid but still don't have Cordelias... Of any sort.

There are also almost free to players who somehow got a Cordelia, four Caedas, and four Eirikas but still merely want a Celica.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Petrine GHB and Dawn Brigade banner. What, the two groups are largely unrelated? Screw that noise.

Well they're both Daein- that's a connection. And better Petrine than them replacing Gurgurant with an axe, Ashy (who also has Daunt) doesn't deserve that humiliation, what he does deserve is a skill called Chaotic Rebirth. I'd rather have Nasir over Nolan as my Nihil source though- old, cool and wise male White Dragon for diversity!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

There are also almost free to players who somehow got a Cordelia, four Caedas, and four Eirikas but still merely want a Celica.

What's almost free to play lol? I might as well be f2p, seeing how I have never gotten anything good through paying.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nihil would ruin braves users, one of the very few reasons to run physical units at all. (It also means free potshots at 1-2 range counter prfs by mage tomes---in all seriousness, Nihil might make -blade even stronger than it already is. Since, even without the +Atk via buff effect, -blades are still 2 range weapons.)

Regardless, I'd much rather see stronger physical weapons to bring physical stuff in line than to deliberately release stuff to fight -blade. Something like a 15MT sword with -blade effect would be overkill, but things like Delthea's tome are pretty good---compensating melee weapons with stronger buffs. That said, melee weapons have to be very good in order to beat out the range advantage---it's like comparing being on a horse to being infantry.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's almost free to play lol? I might as well be f2p, seeing how I have never gotten anything good through paying.

I bought 23 orbs, like, four times. Once I got a Fae and a Seliph and once a Clair from these.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

It actually astounds me how many people complain about power creep with the Killer weapons being obsolete with the arrival of slayer weapons when literally NO ONE uses Killing weapons to begin with. Every character with a Killing Edge wants a Wo Dao because of the superior damage bottom line. Niles is a thing but the majority of Archers want to use Brave Bows or their Prf weapons. No one uses Axes and the few that do usually want Brave or their Prfs which leaves what? Lances? Sure there is Lukas and Catria but that's only because there is no Wo Dao equivalent in lances.

Killer Weapons are bottom tier, but then a new stronger version gets added and everyone complains? This isn't the type of game that gets buffs and nerfs. For all those people with killing edge units, you're literally just rolling for Saber instead of Karel/Athena now. So what exactly is the problem? The principle of invalidating a weapon set no one was using because it was useless in the first place?

Wo Dao destroyed Killing Edge, so there's no argument there, but for axe and lance, there were still some units who wanted to use Killer weapons. However, before Wo Dao and Mystletainn were introduced, there were some units who could have found use in using Killing Edge such as Hinata, Selena, and Stahl. Saber, however, demonstrates that a 14 MT version of it would have been far more useful to them.

Axe and lance units who would like to run Killer or better yet, Slaying Axe and Lance.

Spoiler

For axe, Beruka and Sheena. Beruka was screwed because of Michalis's (and arguably, also Minerva's) existence and even with Slaying Axe (and Lance) becoming a thing, she still will underperform against him even if she was +Atk or +Def. Sheena, however, on an all-armor team all with Ward Armor can take little damage while activating Bonfire (or Iceberg if you have a +Res Sheena) per round of combat with Quick Riposte. 30 neutral attack and 11 Killer Axe+ isn't that great, but 36 defense and +12 more from 3 stacks of Ward Armor gives her 24 fixed damage from Bonfire in addition to her 41 total attack. Alternatively, but she won't be able to activate it every time, Ignis would give her 38 fixed damage. Slaying Axe+ would just improve her damage output.

For the other units, you could probably get more damage with Silver Axe+ and Moonbow and units like Bartre, Cherche, Frederick, Gunter, etc. want Braves instead. I'll need to check, though. I think Hawkeye might be the one who would get more damage with Killer Axe+ and Iceberg or DA, but to get the most out of it since Hawkeye's resistance is high, you'd want Distant Counter and Quick Riposte which would be a very expensive build to counter mages and Camilla can do too, but she wouldn't get doubled by practically everything. That said, Slaying Axe+ trading 1 MT for -1 special cooldown could let these two get more damage if they ran Iceberg or Luna instead of Silver Axe+ and Moonbow. Then again, Camilla's stats are kind of good enough that she could run Legion's Axe to tank stuff and cause panic, but as a flyer, she's going to have trouble against archers.

For lance, it's mostly Gwendolyn, Lukas, and Oboro who want to run with Killer Lance for the Wall of Fire and Sharp things build. Gwendolyn's case is the same as Sheena's. Effie could run with Killer Lance or in the future, Slaying Lance, but she's probably better off being the pink monster with a Brave Lance that she is. For Lukas and Oboro, it's just that the builds they could do, other units already do by default and sometimes better. Donnel comes with Brave Lance and is a villager giving him about as good of their bulk, Ephraim with his Siegmund would basically do a Silver Lance+ and Moonbow build version, and bride Charlotte has the highest attack of the infantry lances. There's also summer F!Robin who'd be doing a mixed bulk version, but she's probably better off baiting mages and sticking with Deft Harpoon+ or using Sapphire Lance+ to wall out reds (who don't run Cancel Affinity). The only other units I can think of who'd want to run Killer Lance or rather, Slaying Lance, would be Berkut and Clive. Also, Subaki, but I'd rather stick with his Sapphire Lance. We don't have blue flyer with high attack and high defense. The closest is Catria, but she's more of a balanced unit.

Anyway, I think the problem is that Killer weapons could have just been buffed instead of introducing stronger, (+3 attack) versions of them. Would people really rage if that happened? Most units who have Killer weapons don't want them. The only default users who want them would be like Beruka, Gwendolyn, Lukas, Niles, and Sheena and that's mostly because they don't have other alternatives that would be as great or because of armor team reasons. Catria probably wants something else, Fir, Lon'qu, and Navarre want Wo Dao+ when they don't really have the stats to use the other offensive specials or in Fir's case, her attack is ass and she's not as bulky as Selena, Peri wants a Brave or Firesweep Lance, Shanna would probably be better off with Firesweep Lance, and unless you're making a mage counter build for Hawkeye, he probably wants something else too. That's 5 out of 11 units with Killer weapons who want to keep them.

Buffing the Killer weapons would have just benefited most of the units who came with Killer weapons by default or who want them, but don't have them e.g. Oboro. The only units who would probably still not want them would probably be Peri and Shanna since they'd get more out of something else. Everyone else would be happy they now have a 10/14 melee or 9/12 ranged MT weapon.

It's not like if the developers buffed something that shouldn't have been buffed or nerfed something that they shouldn't. It's more of an alternative option could have been taken that does not harm a thing, but mostly benefits in a not so extreme way. The only issue would have been for Wo Dao, but even then I think for some units, you can still get more damage from Wo Dao+ and Moonbow than you could with Slaying Edge+ and Luna or whatever 3 cooldown special.

Perhaps power creep was the wrong term, but invalidating might be more applicable because at this point, there is outright no reason to use a Killer weapon unless you have it by default or even inherit them since everyone knows that Slaying Axe and Lance will be available in the future. In a similar case, there's kind of no reason to run Silver weapons unless you have them by default. It already happened with mages and not because of -blade tomes, but the variety of useful effects they have while for melee weapons, with the possibility of stronger anti-armor weapons, giving up 1 MT for -1 special cooldown, being effective against select units, or some other effect e.g. Berkut's Lance and Legion's Axe's effects or giving up 3 MT for built-in T-Adept 3 are better options than using a Silver weapon unlike before where there were some niche uses for using them.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, Parity as @wizzard of soz corrected me on what I thought a skill that negates buffs from both the user and foe was something like Nihil.

Never mind, I took so long to write that wall of text that I didn't see that you already mentioned Parity which I should have expected.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Ice Dragon Google-fu produced this.

tl;dr Cancel Affinity doesn't affect -Raven tome at all.

If any of the people in that thread were a Weeb ver. 2.0 (i.e. can actually read Japanese), they'd just know all of that from the Japanese skill description, which literally says everything you need to know about the skill (based on the fact that the tests basically confirmed exactly what the text said it did).

8 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Washing the pot to make more rice is a pain. Buying new pots to avoid washing pots is money that could be spent on orbs.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I say, as a major user of Blades.

I wouldn't mind that. I really want them to add Flame Lance and give it a cool effect (Flame Lance behaves as a red tome when countering at range, Wind Sword behaves as a green tome when countering at range, and Bolt Axe behaves as a blue tome when countering at range).

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Nihil would ruin braves users, one of the very few reasons to run physical units at all. (It also means free potshots at 1-2 range counter prfs by mage tomes---in all seriousness, Nihil might make -blade even stronger than it already is. Since, even without the +Atk via buff effect, -blades are still 2 range weapons.)

Regardless, I'd much rather see stronger physical weapons to bring physical stuff in line than to deliberately release stuff to fight -blade. Something like a 15MT sword with -blade effect would be overkill, but things like Delthea's tome are pretty good---compensating melee weapons with stronger buffs. That said, melee weapons have to be very good in order to beat out the range advantage---it's like comparing being on a horse to being infantry.

Countering Brave weapons was one of the reasons I worded the effect of Nihil as I did. It would also negate Siegfried, Raijinto, Ragnell, Gradivus, and Lightning Breath, but not the Distant Counter skill.

Actually, negating Distant Counter on a weapon might be a bit overkill, even with a strict HP restriction. Perhaps if it only works on enemy phase, thus negating opponents attacking with Litrblade and Brave weapons?

Daunt wouldn't be restricted to fighting Litrblade, though, as it would also negate any Buff Emblem. The effect might need to be a bit weaker, though, since a team of 3 Daunt users and 1 +6/6 Hone would be somewhat broken.

Limiting the effect of buffs to a fixed maximum (+4/3/2) might work well, since that would restrict Litrblade buffs to +10/2/2/2 without completely destroying the effectiveness of buffing.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind that. I really want them to add Flame Lance and give it a cool effect (Flame Lance behaves as a red tome when countering at range, Wind Sword behaves as a green tome when countering at range, and Bolt Axe behaves as a blue tome when countering at range).

What for the light brand and the levin sword then?

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Almost free to player? 

You're either one of us, or you aren't. There is no "almost". What blasphemy!

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Washing the pot to make more rice is a pain

Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously that lazy? It takes 3 minutes at most. That must be a MONSTER sized pot or something!

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Are you seriously that lazy? It takes 3 minutes at most. That must be a MONSTER sized pot or something!

I still have pots in the sink from Thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What for the light brand and the levin sword then?

Probably the middle finger. Like for Narcian's Rune Sword.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If any of the people in that thread were a Weeb ver. 2.0 (i.e. can actually read Japanese), they'd just know all of that from the Japanese skill description, which literally says everything you need to know about the skill (based on the fact that the tests basically confirmed exactly what the text said it did).

Basically. Checking for the obvious never hurt anyone though.

Why they couldn't preserve the original meaning of the text verbatim is beyond me. Even a quick glance at Desperation and Sol Katti makes the whole issue sound more like an oversight than a text limitation.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

My philosophy of food is that the primary cost isn't the price of the food itself, it's the time.

So I'm going to always eat out and die of fatness related heart attack by the time I'm 35.

2 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Almost free to player? 

You're either one of us, or you aren't. There is no "almost". What blasphemy!

And you are a soulless traitorous mechanism.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably the middle finger. Like for Narcian's Rune Sword.

B-b-but Leif is a lord :(

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

WHAT!?!?!? How... how.... I....

What?!?!?!?

What? I don't even...... how does that even happen?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And you are a soulless traitorous mechanism.

And you're filthy pay to win scum

Just now, DehNutCase said:

My philosophy of food is that the primary cost isn't the price of the food itself, it's the time.

So I'm going to always eat out and die of fatness related heart attack by the time I'm 35.

This is why cooking is only for special occasions and all of the rest of my meals are eating out, eating at the cafeteria at work, eating microwave dinners where I can just toss the tub away afterwards, or eating pizza where I can just toss the foil away afterwards.

I have two pizza wheels for cutting my pizza to halve the time I need to spend washing pizza wheels. Forks and spoons are only washed when I run out, but I'm considering buying disposable cutlery to make it even easier.