Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Well boys and girls learn from me, always, always check to see if a skill is inheritable before you upgraded a unit to 4 stars because today I thought it would be a genius idea to give Michalis Bowbreaker 3 turns out Fliers can't inherit Bowbreaker... I completely wasted 2000 feathers... I ended up giving it to Cecilia who doesn't need it... Who knows mabye someday they'll be a grandhero battle with a bow I cannot oneshot with Gronnblade or outspeed and I want to take out on player phase (because otherwise I'd just use QR2 which she also has), I hope so because that was 2000 feather down the drain.

I tried to give my Spring!Camilla bowbreaker once.  It's probably the most random SI restriction.  Didn't spend feathers though because I already had a 4*

But hey, giving Cecilla bow breaker could be really useful one day.

edit:  Also, I'm pretty sure we're done getting orbss for the month (w/ the exception of dailies).  RIP summer units I didn't get.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I never played his game myself, but I've seen a lot of threads about it.  Apparently he was just impossible to train up in Lunatic and because of his caps he wasn't worth it lategame either.  

Oh. Yeah. Grinding in Lunatic is a pain. I think Donnel is comparable to most units if you ignore the opportunity cost. I do not think caps matter much outside of Apotheosis since Limit Breaker makes any small variation in stat caps trivial.

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

But hey, giving Cecilla bow breaker could be really useful one day.

If it ever is useful that's gonna be one terrifying bow because as it stands she one shots like all of them with horsebuffs and especially equipped with raven tome. I suppose this allows me to run her as a colorless counter without other horses present but I don't know when I would ever do that lol...

Edited by Locke087

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Donnel is comparable to most units if you ignore the opportunity cost.

That is the problem. Not everyone likes to grind, especially if it is much more efficient to just use a better character. If you like grinding, go ahead and use him. He just isn't as good as other characters

32 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I tried to give my Spring!Camilla bowbreaker once.  It's probably the most random SI restriction.  Didn't spend feathers though because I already had a 4*

Weaponbreakers cannot be learned by unit types that are naturally weak to the weapon type. It makes perfect sense that flying units cannot learn Bowbreaker.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

That is the problem. Not everyone likes to grind, especially if it is much more efficient to just use a better character. If you like grinding, go ahead and use him. He just isn't as good as other characters

But grinding is half the fun for me. I grinded every parent to max Limit breaker caps in every class and all their supports to unlocking S, or A for same sex supports. Being able use any unit to solo any map sans Apotheosis on auto battle is fun.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weaponbreakers cannot be learned by unit types that are naturally weak to the weapon type. It makes perfect sense that flying units cannot learn Bowbreaker.

It does make sense, I was just saying it was the least predictable.  Bows are not on the weapon wheel, their type advantage comes from the fact that all bows do extra damage to fliers.  Technically, a bow could be released that does not do extra damage to fliers at some point.  All the other breakers are based on color advantage which is an innate feature of colored units.  The other breakers restrict certain colors because of innate color advantage while bowbreaker restricts a certain move type because of weapon descriptions.  I wouldn't have been that odd for Bowbreaker to be an exception.  Additionally, daggerbreaker is inheritable by anyone so it's not like they needed to force all the breaker skills to be weak against a certain type.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Why does Faye get a +5-7 bonus to stat total as a bow user?

She is a trainee unit like Donnel, Gray, and Tobin, which gives her a low stat total at base but a higher one when maxed out.

Compare that to Gunter and Jagen, who have higher bases at Lv. 1 relative to other units but lower bases at Lv. 40.

40 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She is a trainee unit like Donnel, Gray, and Tobin, which gives her a low stat total at base but a higher one when maxed out.

Compare that to Gunter and Jagen, who have higher bases at Lv. 1 relative to other units but lower bases at Lv. 40.

Ah, I see. Tobin has it too? I'll have to look at him again.

Edit: So Tobin is at 163 and Gray at 162. I hope they'll be able to spread Kliff stats well.

Edited by KongDude

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

It does make sense, I was just saying it was the least predictable.  Bows are not on the weapon wheel, their type advantage comes from the fact that all bows do extra damage to fliers.  Technically, a bow could be released that does not do extra damage to fliers at some point.  All the other breakers are based on color advantage which is an innate feature of colored units.  The other breakers restrict certain colors because of innate color advantage while bowbreaker restricts a certain move type because of weapon descriptions.  I wouldn't have been that odd for Bowbreaker to be an exception.  Additionally, daggerbreaker is inheritable by anyone so it's not like they needed to force all the breaker skills to be weak against a certain type.

While bows operate on a different mechanic than the other weapon types in regards to who can learn the corresponding Weaponbreaker, the default behavior of bows (in terms of expectation, not in terms of technical implementation) is that bows deal effective damage against flying units.

Technically, while it is possible for a bow to not be effective against flying units (the Emblem Bow in FE7 comes to mind, as well as dragons not counting as flying units in FE10 in terms of weapon effectiveness), it's also possible for other weapons to not be effective against the usual weapons in the weapon triangle (the Weaponreavers in FE7 come to mind).

This is actually one of the reasons I'm gunning for Ross as an FE8 unit. Being the most accessible (from his native game) to use and the only that doesn't basically require optional maps to use. That and Hatchet+ with built in Distant Counter because nothing else makes sense as his weapon.

Also I've noticed that my interest around these forums has dropped 90% when I can't actually play the game. Sorry guys, iPhone will be back up and running sooner or later.

11 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Ah, I see. Tobin has it too? I'll have to look at him again.

Edit: So Tobin is at 163 and Gray at 162. I hope they'll be able to spread Kliff stats well.

Mystery Tiki, Nowi, and Fae also have the trainee bonus.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Ross, Amelia, and Ewan from FE8 will also have the trainee bonus whenever they are implemented.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mystery Tiki, Nowi, and Fae also have the trainee bonus.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Ross, Amelia, and Ewan from FE8 will also have the trainee bonus whenever they are implemented.

I always thought that was some kind of dragon bonus but that explains why A!Tiki and Corrin don't get it.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

That and Hatchet+ with built in Distant Counter because nothing else makes sense as his weapon.

If he does get added, it'll just be "hatchet" that doesn't have the "+" so it's not passable. Otherwise, people would have Hatchet+ Axes on horses and which would mean teams of triple distant counter for each color with Reinhardt just in case anything bad happens 

Or Reinhardt and triple distant counter for each color just in case anything bad happens heh

11 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

If he does get added, it'll just be "hatchet" that doesn't have the "+" so it's not passable. Otherwise, people would have Hatchet+ Axes on horses and which would mean teams of triple distant counter for each color with Reinhardt just in case anything bad happens 

Or Reinhardt and triple distant counter for each color just in case anything bad happens heh

But Hatchet+ would probably have absolutely abysmal Atk, probably 11 to match Lightning Breath+ or lower (to leave room for Hand Axe+ later and because Lightning Breath+ also slows your special skill cooldown).

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But Hatchet+ would probably have absolutely abysmal Atk, probably 11 to match Lightning Breath+ or lower (to leave room for Hand Axe+ later and because Lightning Breath+ also slows your special skill cooldown).

+Atk Fury Frederick gets 52 attack with 11 might.

That man is on a horse, so we can make that 58 attack. Also, his 28 speed now reaches a pretty decently somewhat okay-ish 34 speed

Now if he's +Spd, he'll have 55 attack, but 37 speed

If he's goaded that's 41 speed and 59 attack

With distant counter...

But this is all speculation anyway, so let's not get too carried away heh

We might speak it to life

Edited by Oboro!

Ugh, fuck the chain challenge for 11-3. My teams are having a very hard time surviving because they start off separated ... and the map sucks in general. I do have a plan, though. Instead of trying to use my horse team for this, maybe I could mess around with escape route to get the team back together. Thankfully, I pulled a few extra Cecilias so I had plenty to spare.

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

I always thought that was some kind of dragon bonus but that explains why A!Tiki and Corrin don't get it.

If Dragons don't get an innate bonus, why do we keep getting Dragon effective weapons?

If it's the trainees with the bonus, why aren't there loli-slayer weapons?

8 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

+Atk Fury Frederick gets 52 attack with 11 might.

That man is on a horse, so we can make that 58 attack. Also, his 28 speed now reaches a pretty decently somewhat okay-ish 34 speed

Now if he's +Spd, he'll have 49 attack, but 37 speed

If he's goaded that's 41 speed and 53 attack

With distant counter...

But this is all speculation anyway, so let's not get too carried away heh

We might speak it to life

20 Res after buffs does not scare me.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Dragons don't get an innate bonus, why do we keep getting Dragon effective weapons?

If it's the trainees with the bonus, why aren't there loli-slayer weapons?

The only ones are Falchion and Naga, and only Naga was added after launch. Falchion's effect is there because it's the iconic Fire Emblem legendary weapon and that's it's iconic effect, and Naga's was probably there to simulate its effectiveness against Loptyr, who is effectively a dragon stuck in a book.

Donnel's a loli now? Oh dear. ... The concept seems tempting to draw, though.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes it's called Mozume

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

20 Res after buffs does not scare me.

The only ones are Falchion and Naga, and only Naga was added after launch. Falchion's effect is there because it's the iconic Fire Emblem legendary weapon and that's it's iconic effect, and Naga's was probably there to simulate its effectiveness against Loptyr, who is effectively a dragon stuck in a book.

The Binding Blade kinda got screwed, since it should have been both Distant Counter and Dragon Slaying.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The Binding Blade kinda got screwed, since it should have been both Distant Counter and Dragon Slaying.

Binding Blade: Grants Def/Res+2 when this unit is attacked.
Naga: Effective against dragons. Grants Def/Res+2 when this unit is attacked.

Nope, I don't see any problem with this......