"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

That'd be totally fine. Thats why we have Deathblow/Vantage.

I know you have the most data collection here. But, I cant think of a legendary weapon with 14 might. Thought they all had 16.

All the legendary ranged weapons (bar Dire Thunder, which is a Brave weapon) have 14 might: Aura, Naga, Fujin Yumi, Parthia, etc. etc.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

Does +1ing a unit carry over after promotion? Say, if I +1 my Xander as a 4* unit, will he be lvl 1 +1 if I promote him to 5* or just an ordinary lvl 1?

No. Merge levels do not carry over on promotion. That would make it too easy to get +10 5-star units out of base 3-star units.

All right, so I have a Rash (+Atk -Res) Linde, gotten from a rash decision to summon to 5*. Consulting the table of stats, why do I get the feeling I really want to feed her Odin's Blarblade and Moonbow?

(Also, are the extra stat points from Blarblade+ worth the feathers and pain of raising an Odin?)

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, so I have a Rash (+Atk -Res) Linde, gotten from a rash decision to summon to 5*. Consulting the table of stats, why do I get the feeling I really want to feed her Odin's Blarblade and Moonbow?

(Also, are the extra stat points from Blarblade+ worth the feathers and pain of raising an Odin?)

Think of Blade+ like this: A +tome costs 20k feathers and gives 4 Atk, a +1 merge gives +2 stats, and costs a 5* (which I'd value around 20k feathers). Very good deal. And probably gives more arena points as well, given that, while weapon BST is no longer counted, weapon skill still is.

(In that respect, giving Linde Aether or Galeforce is also an option. You lose like 4 wins you could've gotten with Moonbow up, which is half the time at best, but in return you probably get 1 or 2 more arena points per match, which adds up. Since Aether is 500 SP vs Moonbow's 300, an entire level 3 skill's worth of difference.)

Edit: If you aren't min-maxing arena score, though, Moonbow and regular blade is more than serviceable.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Think of Blade+ like this: A +tome costs 20k feathers and gives 4 Atk, a +1 merge gives +2 stats, and costs a 5* (which I'd value around 20k feathers). Very good deal. And probably gives more arena points as well, given that, while weapon BST is no longer counted, weapon skill still is.

(In that respect, giving Linde Aether or Galeforce is also an option. You lose like 4 wins you could've gotten with Moonbow up, which is half the time at best, but in return you probably get 1 or 2 more arena points per match, which adds up. Since Aether is 500 SP vs Moonbow's 300, an entire level 3 skill's worth of difference.)

Edit: If you aren't min-maxing arena score, though, Moonbow and regular blade is more than serviceable.

Depends entirely on Linde vs Nino- and of course, whether I can create a good team for buffing.

(...What is there to be said about Linde and Nino? Am I being insane?)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Depends entirely on Linde vs Nino- and of course, whether I can create a good team for buffing.

(...What is there to be said about Linde and Nino? Am I being insane?)

Tri-color mages and Eirika\Ephraim is a very cancer defense team (and very good offense as well).

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Tri-color mages and Eirika\Ephraim is a very cancer defense team (and very good offense as well).

Well... good thing I have a Tharja!

No Sivardson twin, so I have my doubts, but there's an option.

Does Threaten Defense stack?

For example, if I had two units with Threaten Defense, and one enemy unit is in range of both of those units, by how much would I lower its defense?

Edited by Tragonight

Just now, Tragonight said:

For example, if I had two units with Threaten Defense, and one enemy unit is in range of both of those units, by how much would I lower their defense?

The one with the most powerful effect will overwrite all the others. You will only lower their defence by up to 5.

2 hours ago, Tragonight said:

For example, if I had two units with Threaten Defense, and one enemy unit is in range of both of those units, by how much would I lower its defense?

They don't stack. 

While we're at it, all out-of-combat buffs/debuffs don't stack. The one with the highest value rewrites the rest. 

If you affected someone with both Threaten Defense and Seal Defense, that unit's defense would only go down by 7, not 12. 

So, I've got this monster at 5*, now.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-05-06-20-09-

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack @Ice Dragon

A few questions

1: Does running Horse Emblem make me a bad person?

2: I'm thinking Iceberg would be the best Special to run, is that a good idea, or would something else be better?

3: What would be a good B Skill?   This is where I'm least sure what to pick.

I'm planning to run Fort Cavalry as C, since I've got Titania with Hone already and likely putting it on Abel.  I'll probably put Swap as the Assist Skill.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

2: I'm thinking Iceberg would be the best Special to run, is that a good idea, or would something else be better?

I'm planning to run Fort Cavalry as C, since I've got Titania with Hone already and likely putting it on Abel.  I'll probably put Swap as the Assist Skill.

1. Y̶e̶s̶

2. Use Moonbow instead. Blárblade incurs a CD penalty which makes Iceberg rarely proc at 4. 3 CD is at least a bit more manageable, and while it's not as overkill, that's not really an issue on -Blade users.

3. Ursula hits 32 Spd at max level, so 38 with a Hone buff. Desperation is up for consideration though I'd suggest a utility B like Wings of Mercy.

4. I know this wasn't a question, but I'd advise giving Fortify Cavalry to someone other than Ursula; +12 extra damage is too good to pass up. Swap is better on your more bulky cavalry who can take a hit for Ursula, so I'd use Draw Back instead as her Assist.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. Y̶e̶s̶

2. Use Moonbow instead. Blárblade incurs a CD penalty which makes Iceberg rarely proc at 4. 3 CD is at least a bit more manageable, and while it's not as overkill, that's not really an issue on -Blade users.

3. Ursula hits 32 Spd at max level, so 38 with a Hone buff. Desperation is up for consideration though I'd suggest a utility B like Wings of Mercy.

4. I know this wasn't a question, but I'd advise giving Fortify Cavalry to someone other than Ursula; +12 extra damage is too good to pass up. Swap is better on your more bulky cavalry who can take a hit for Ursula, so I'd use Draw Back instead as her Assist.

Thanks, for the Hone and Fort Cavalry, I plan to have 2 units with each buff, so every unit can have access to both buffs.  Giving Ursula Fort gives her a better chance at getting Hone, which is slightly better on her.

Good point on Moonbow.  I think I have a spare Palla.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A few questions

1. No. It makes you look extra baller because you have the time and feathers to do it!

2. I use iceberg on my Nino and I wouldn't say it makes much of a difference in my play style if I had Moonbow. But Moonbow is seems to be the best choice because of the whole cooldown thing If you're cool, you'll use Iceberg anyway

3. You can always do the "wings of mercy on everything" strat. Desperation is okay too.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1. No. It makes you look extra baller because you have the time and feathers to do it!

2. I use iceberg on my Nino and I wouldn't say it makes much of a difference in my play style if I had Moonbow. But Moonbow is seems to be the best choice because of the whole cooldown thing If you're cool, you'll use Iceberg anyway

3. You can always do the "wings of mercy on everything" strat. Desperation is okay too.

I think I'll do Wings of Mercy, for now, anyway.

To go along with my team, I'm thinking of putting Quick Riposte on Xander.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

A few questions

1) If it does then I'm a bad person too

2) Moonbow is probably best since Blárblade increases special cd

3) Either Desperation (if you run Desperation, consider also inheriting Life and Death as your A-skill, though that's optional) or Wings of Mercy

Just now, Rezzy said:

To go along with my team, I'm thinking of putting Quick Riposte on Xander.

Welp the only other skill besides QR is Vanatge so those are your 2 options for Xandy-poo

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

1) If it does then I'm a bad person too

2) Moonbow is probably best since Blárblade increases special cd

3) Either Desperation (if you run Desperation, consider also inheriting Life and Death as your A-skill, though that's optional) or Wings of Mercy

If I did Desperation, I'd want to have Ardent Sacrifice, but I think Wings of Mercy fits my playstyle a bit better.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Welp the only other skill besides QR is Vanatge so those are your 2 options for Xandy-poo

That's true.  I guess the question is whether Vantage 3 or QR 2 is better, since I'm not sacrificing a 5* to give anyone QR3.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

If I did Desperation, I'd want to have Ardent Sacrifice, but I think Wings of Mercy fits my playstyle a bit better.

That's true.  I guess the question is whether Vantage 3 or QR 2 is better, since I'm not sacrificing a 5* to give anyone QR3.

Definitely QR 2

Just now, Rezzy said:

QR2 will probably only last once in one mach

Vantage will probably last the entire match

But QR will help you double and can work towards a special proc

Vantage helps you kill before the enemy has a chance

So choose based on these deductions 

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Better draw for Cain then! A player running a full team of merged units got an Arena offense score of over 5K; the entire team ran Wings of Mercy 3.

If you do choose to go for QR2, Subaki is, IMO, the go-to unit for that since he can also pass down Swap (for filling out that 3 skills/transfer limit) and Swap isn't a bad positioning skill.

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Definitely QR 2

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

QR2 will probably only last once in one mach

Vantage will probably last the entire match

But QR will help you double and can work towards a special proc

Vantage helps you kill before the enemy has a chance

So choose based on these deductions 

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Better draw for Cain then! A player running a full team of merged units got an Arena offense score of over 5K; the entire team ran Wings of Mercy 3.

If you do choose to go for QR2, Subaki is, IMO, the go-to unit for that since he can also pass down Swap (for filling out that 3 skills/transfer limit) and Swap isn't a bad positioning skill.

I'll have to see if I have a spare Subaki.

I'm spending the next few hours grinding up Xander, so I have enough SP for skills.  Maybe I'll teach him both and can switch out, depending on how things work out.

Olivia versus Azura question. 

Each has her pros and cons. Olivia has been a great dancer for me, and she gets the job done. Mine is currently +SPD -RES and she's merged +3. Meanwhile, Azura is new. I doubt I'll get the chance to merge her, but she's also already 5 stars with full access to weapons and skills. She's got +SPD -ATK. Now in the end Azura and Olivia will probably be about the same stat-wise (with Olivia perhaps being just a TAD bit bulkier) because I can merge Olivia but not Azura. I've seen several people make a pretty big deal about there being a difference between the two, but they both get the job done. In fact, it's a bit easier to grind SP for Olivia which makes it less of a hassle to get her skills. 

I've been using Olivia for my Arena defense team, and I'm wondering if I should keep that the same or switch to Azura. I'd love to give one of them Wings of Mercy as well, so what are everyone's thoughts on these ladies?