"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 hours ago, Ginko said:

Sure it is, but I find it's more convenient to do it here.

How often you use PM when it is more convenient here?

You can make a message group in Serenes. Basically send a private message to someone and add people to the discussion via the plus/person icon that's in the user activity window

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Two 40+ Ishtars (YAY!)
#1 is:
HP 38
Atk 48
Sp 39
Def 13
Res 26

#2 is:
HP 38
Atk 45
Sp 39
Def 17
Res 26

So according to gamepress #1 is + speed/-defense, and the second one is + speed/- attack
So i would, merge the minus attack one into my -defense one right?

I've summoned another Brave Ephraim and I'm unsure what I should do with him. I guess I can use him for Armor March or Special Fighter? I was wondering who should get either of these skills. For Armor March, I have an Effie who is [+Def -Spd] but I don't have Distant Counter on her and maybe she's better off having Panic Ploy on her C slot. What would be a budget friendly set for a defensive Effie until I get Distant Counter? I have W!Tharja so I could inherit Vengeful Fighter off of her.

For Special Fighter, maybe Draug? I have a [+Spd, -HP] and if I give him a +Spd refined weapon (unsure which weapon to give him) and at +10 merged he has 42 speed. For the rest of his kit, maybe Death Blow 3 and Close Defence as his sacred seal? I could give him Armor March for his C slot from my free Ephraim but I'm a bit hesitant to do this.

Edited by twinbladex

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I have Two 40+ Ishtars (YAY!)
#1 is:
HP 38
Atk 48
Sp 39
Def 13
Res 26

#2 is:
HP 38
Atk 45
Sp 39
Def 17
Res 26

So according to gamepress #1 is + speed/-defense, and the second one is + speed/- attack
So i would, merge the minus attack one into my -defense one right?

Yes. If you got some spare SP on your second one, you can have her learn some new skills if you want before you merge her into the first one.

2 hours ago, twinbladex said:

I've summoned another Brave Ephraim and I'm unsure what I should do with him. I guess I can use him for Armor March or Special Fighter? I was wondering who should get either of these skills. For Armor March, I have an Effie who is [+Def -Spd] but I don't have Distant Counter on her and maybe she's better off having Panic Ploy on her C slot. What would be a budget friendly set for a defensive Effie until I get Distant Counter? I have W!Tharja so I could inherit Vengeful Fighter off of her.

For Special Fighter, maybe Draug? I have a [+Spd, -HP] and if I give him a +Spd refined weapon (unsure which weapon to give him) and at +10 merged he has 42 speed. For the rest of his kit, maybe Death Blow 3 and Close Defence as his sacred seal? I could give him Armor March for his C slot from my free Ephraim but I'm a bit hesitant to do this.

I would save him for Special Fighter and just keep him for now until you find someone you are comfortable giving it to. Armor March can be obtained from Amelia, and she does not have any other skill worth inheriting outside of Slaying Axe if you need to save Refining Stones.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yes. If you got some spare SP on your second one, you can have her learn some new skills if you want before you merge her into the first one.

I would save him for Special Fighter and just keep him for now until you find someone you are comfortable giving it to. Armor March can be obtained from Amelia, and she does not have any other skill worth inheriting outside of Slaying Axe if you need to save Refining Stones.

thanks xray :)
I put reposition on her and a few other skills Selena had i'll get some more SP then put her into the Prime Ishtar.

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

Is it possible for Fjorm's Ice Mirror to proc twice in a single battle with the help of Warding/Steady Breath?

Yes, if you have shield pulse. Enemy intitates -> ice mirror activates -> fjorm attacks and gains 2 charge via breath -> enemy attacks -> ice mirror activates. The rest depends on whether she can double in the EP

Edited by silveraura25

So I've summoned a couple of extra 5 star characters lately and i was wondering whats the best way to use them? got an extra 5 star Caeda and an extra 5 Satr dorcas. Inherit skill? or should i merge them? 

21 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

So I've summoned a couple of extra 5 star characters lately and i was wondering whats the best way to use them? got an extra 5 star Caeda and an extra 5 Satr dorcas. Inherit skill? or should i merge them? 

I think you should merge your Caeda's. Darting blow is easy to get and a 4 star Caeda can fodder off fortify fliers so you might as well merge.

I don't have Dorcas, but I think it depends on how much Infantry pulse fodder you have. Its a rare skill, but you might still have that extra marissa in your barracks.

As for my own question. I finally got myself a Bike and with that I can fodder of his steady breath skill. Its a skill I might not get again for a long time so I was thinking about who might be its best target. Roy so the skill can  work together with the sword of seals and a close defense seal for a super defense buff? Adult Tiki for when I finally start using a dragon team or perhaps Lukas so he can start walling stuff even better.

Edited by Sasori

28 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Caeda does not have anything worthwhile to inherit at 5*, so I would just build her up as a counter for Arena Assault.

I would personally keep Dorcas since he is the only axe units with Distant Counter on his Weapon. I you wish to fodder him, outside of maybe Leo, I do not think Fierce Stance is optimal for most units. Quick Riposte is in high demand, the tier 2 version from 4* Subaki is sufficient in most cases. Depending on your play style Infantry Pulse may or may not be useful. It is good for ranged unit's allies, but it only activates once and sometimes that is not really enough and a buff would have been more beneficial instead.

- - - - - - -

@Sasori I would personally prioritize Breaths for Distant Counter units since they can counter attack at any range and give you more bang for your buck. However, if you use Roy a lot and you do not think you will use dragons or other Distant Counter units much in the future, then I would go with Roy.

Edited by XRay

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

Caeda does not have anything worthwhile to inherit at 5*, so I would just build her up as a counter for Arena Assault.

I would personally keep Dorcas since he is the only axe units with Distant Counter on his Weapon. I you wish to fodder him, outside of maybe Leo, I do not think Fierce Stance is optimal for most units. Quick Riposte is in high demand, the tier 2 version from 4* Subaki is sufficient in most cases. Depending on your play style Infantry Pulse may or may not be useful. It is good for ranged unit's allies, but it only activates once and sometimes that is not really enough and a buff would have been more beneficial instead.

- - - - - - -

@Sasori I would personally prioritize Breaths for Distant Counter units since they can counter attack at any range and give you more bang for your buck. However, if you use Roy a lot and you do not think you will use dragons or other Distant Counter units much in the future, then I would go with Roy.

Most of my distant counter weapon users are Generals who I don't like to use, The ryoma's who are probably too frail to make good use of it or ATiki who I will probaby use one day, but it'll be a while before I have good other dragons. So Roy it is then.

I'm training my Minerva. 
most places suggest that Minerva (instead of holy vestments) i should put

Luna
Glimmer or
Aether. 

I have  TEN Freds (and I pull on green all the time so getting more of him isn't a big deal)
I have a few Berukas. (so giving up glimmer isn't an issue)
I think i have ONE Chrom. (so Aether is an issue). 

What would you pick?
(also. do i sacrifice another Selena for reposition?)

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm training my Minerva. 
most places suggest that Minerva (instead of holy vestments) i should put

Luna
Glimmer or
Aether. 

I have  TEN Freds (and I pull on green all the time so getting more of him isn't a big deal)
I have a few Berukas. (so giving up glimmer isn't an issue)
I think i have ONE Chrom. (so Aether is an issue). 

What would you pick?
(also. do i sacrifice another Selena for reposition?)

I would go with Luna or Moonbow. I went with Moonbow so she can activate it during every round of combat if Desperation is active and she doubles. Luna is also good if you want to prioritize first round performance, but it is not as reliable afterwards due to the high cooldown.

Glimmer performs about the same as Moonbow in most cases, but it does not work well against Def/Res tanks due to their higher Def/Res. I only use Glimmer for units that specializes against a specific type of enemy, like Raven mages, armor counters, and Triangle Adept units since they can dish out large damage numbers. Blade mages can work with either and Glimmer seems to be a more popular choice for them, but I still prefer Moonbow so they can overpower mage tanks if the tanks are not built properly.

Aether is primarily for scoring purposes in Arena. You generally want to keep her at low health to keep Desperation on.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with Luna or Moonbow. I went with Moonbow so she can activate it during every round of combat if Desperation is active and she doubles. Luna is also good if you want to prioritize first round performance, but it is not as reliable afterwards due to the high cooldown.

Glimmer performs about the same as Moonbow in most cases, but it does not work well against Def/Res tanks due to their higher Def/Res. I only use Glimmer for units that specializes against a specific type of enemy, like Raven mages, armor counters, and Triangle Adept units since they can dish out large damage numbers. Blade mages can work with either and Glimmer seems to be a more popular choice for them, but I still prefer Moonbow so they can overpower mage tanks if the tanks are not built properly.

Aether is primarily for scoring purposes in Arena. You generally want to keep her at low health to keep Desperation on.

thanks for this. 
I don't remember what her IVs are (and if she actually has Desperation). but i'll look to see who has moonbow, or i'll just sacrifice a Fred. :) 
I got some Shanna's so i can add a desperation if Minerva needs it. :)

------

adding another question. 
I have my first 40 4* Lilina . so should i wait until i get the ones closest to her to 40 too - see who is the vanilla (or the perfect IV) then Gold her up - or does it matter on a 4 to 5*? 

Edited by daisy jane

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I have my first 40 4* Lilina . so should i wait until i get the ones closest to her to 40 too - see who is the vanilla (or the perfect IV) then Gold her up - or does it matter on a 4 to 5*? 

You can check the nature accurately on a lvl 1 and a lvl 40, while the rest can be only assumed. You can choose a non-5★ as an object of unlocking potential and preview her stats that way, though.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

You can check the nature accurately on a lvl 1 and a lvl 40, while the rest can be only assumed. You can choose a non-5★ as an object of unlocking potential and preview her stats that way, though.

thanks. :) the others are super close so i'll wait (and i just realised i have a lot of red mages, so i should just wait until i can promote nino, but the same question would have applied lol)

https://imgur.com/a/nF1dyur                               
Im a new player, new account after a long time and i had some luck (i guess, dunno tough) but im having massive doubts about what team to use as main or even to let as arena defense.                             
In the pic are all my characters 5*, and im using right now as main: Zelgius/L.Hector/L.Tiki/Perf.Azura (But i don´t know if two legendary heroes are worth it because of the buff, for now using Zelgius Fire and Azura Earth...Or even if is better to add Veronica or Another armored =/)                                

I tried a full cavalry at the start: Sigurd/B.Lyn/Veronica/Olwen (It was fine at the start but at the end, they have too much counters and at my view everything destroy cavalry...Olwen is a strange character in paper she´s amazing but in the field she´s a paper throwing darts, but maybe it´s the build i´m using...Even Cecilia 4* was better for me)                                

Just feel free to tell me what you guys think is better with what i have (im f2p so i don´t have much more options in the near future because o already used everything free at my reach). I can use flyers/armors/cavalry/hibrid, i don´t give a crap about style XD                                              

Tks for all the help in advance and sry for my bad english, it´s not my main language.

ScreenShoteam.jpg

Edited by Eilanzer

Hi @Eilanzer, welcome aboard! 

First you don't need to set up a team that serves all purposes.

For Arena offense you should setup a team that scores high and helps you to win without losing a unit. If you raise higher in tiers you should build a team that helps the bonus unit getting all kills. Armors score very high because of their high BST (read here what BST is) and your armor units have also expensive skills that boost your score (read here how arena scoring works or check your teams score range in the calculator). 

Your Arena Defense team should be able to take down at least one unit of the other players team, usually people surrender then to start a new death-free 5 streak. Scoring doesn't need to be maximized here, since Arena Defense max score is capped lower than offense scoring. You can field units like Veronica or BH!Lyn who have a great range and can't be countered at all (Veronica) or not by all units (Lyn). 

For the other content you can ponder out teams that work best for you. Your armor + dancer setup is already very strong. Most people like to run at least 1 ranged unit and/or a healer. Your Tharja, Eirika and Lyn are among the best nukes. Horses can get big buffs most easily (inherit the 4* C-skills from Jagen and Gunter).

As you have noticed, Olwen is a little weak with her vanilla skills. With some Skill Inheritance she can be made a good Blarblade mage (Bladetome mages add all buffs to their ATK). Search in the Analyse Section for optimized builds of your units or read the Blade Tome Guide. Also Eirika and L'arachel can be made very good Blade mages via SI. 

Hope this gives you a good start, have fun with FEH! 

I only have one WE!Tharja combat manual to go round, but multiple units want her skills: Odin (currently +Res -Def, will replace nature at later point) wants Close Counter, and a number of Armor units want Vengeful Fighter (Gwendolyn, Sheena, Arden, Black Knight, etc.). I'd like to know, which skill should I use as the fodder skill from this combat manual?

I considered using Candelabra as well, but I just don't have any Reds who want it over an Owltome.

5 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

Im a new player, new account after a long time and i had some luck (i guess, dunno tough) but im having massive doubts about what team to use as main or even to let as arena defense.                             
In the pic are all my characters 5*, and im using right now as main: Zelgius/L.Hector/L.Tiki/Perf.Azura (But i don´t know if two legendary heroes are worth it because of the buff, for now using Zelgius Fire and Azura Earth...Or even if is better to add Veronica or Another armored =/)

In addition to what @mampfoid said, I do not recommend investing in any 5* exclusive unit for your main Arena team as a free player since you are not likely to obtain lots of merge fodder for them. I recommend investing in Draug, Effie, and Sheena instead since you can easily get more copies of them to score higher. Generally, a team should be built with 3 members in mind, not 4, since you need to leave the 4th slot open for bonus and quest units. I personally do not recommend running a Dancer/Singer on an armor team since armors cannot travel very far and they generally want to stick together.

For Arena defense, you want to put as much annoying and unpredictable units on your team as possible. Ranged cavalry, Dancers/Singers, Firesweep nukes, etc. are all good choices. While score maximization is not necessary, make sure that your defense team do score high enough so it faces strong enough opponents to get you maximum defense rewards.

I tried a full cavalry at the start: Sigurd/B.Lyn/Veronica/Olwen (It was fine at the start but at the end, they have too much counters and at my view everything destroy cavalry...Olwen is a strange character in paper she´s amazing but in the field she´s a paper throwing darts, but maybe it´s the build i´m using...Even Cecilia 4* was better for me)

I can use flyers/armors/cavalry/hibrid, i don´t give a crap about style XD

Play style is not just using a specific movement type. Building a proper cavalry team involves more than just slapping 3 or 4 random ponies together and calling a day. You need to understand what combat units do, the difference between various types of combat units, what support units do, enemy coverage, role compression, etc.

I do not recommend going full cavalry since they lack Dancers/Singers to run a Player Phase team, and they do not have the stats to run an Enemy Phase team as reliably as dragons and armors.

If you want to use a cavalry team in the future to solve difficult content, I recommend dropping Sigurd and AOTB!Veronica, and run a Dancer/Singer instead and leave your 4th slot open. You will need to give BH!Lyn a Firesweep Bow and/or Brave Bow. Both BH!Lyn and Olwen should have Reposition as their Assist to utilize the Dance/Sing-Reposition tactic. This is not a full cavalry team, but it is far more effective at dealing with common threats in Arena and Special Maps.

I have te following premium fodder, and I'd like to know which units could want their skills:

Luke: Panic Ploy 3 

Karla: Wrath 3

Spring Catria: Chill Res 3

Maybe you could propose some sets for the receiving units? But keep in mind that I'm F2P, so maybe DC/CC could be difficult to get.

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

This depends on your team composition. I prefer buffs over Ploys since they are more reliable and you can almost always guarantee to have them be active, while Ploys can be hampered by map layout and "smart" enemy positioning.

Anyone with high HP can inherit the skill so they can activate it reliably, and they should preferably have high mobility too but this is not necessary.

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Lyn and units with A Sketchy Summer Weapons can use it well. For Enemy Phase units, units with Quick Riposte on their Weapon or Sacred Seal slot can use it well.

12 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

This is basically a C slot skill that is on the B slot, so like Panic Ploy, this is dependent on your team composition. The unit running this skill should ideally be a one shot nuke or a Brave nuke since they do not need their B slot to function.

If you just want to slap it on a unit and not care about team composition, Reinhardt is the best user of it since it is basically Atk+7 against the most magically bulky opponent. It is still more ideal for Reinhardt to be running a Breaker and have one of his teammates to run Chill Res, but if you cannot decide who his teammates are, you can just put it on him.

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Any unit with high HP on a team that doesn't like dealing with enemy buffs. In general, Panic Ploy is a low-priority skill due to the fact that it exists as a Sacred Seal.

Conversely, you can test out the skill on various teams by using the Sacred Seal.

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wrath is typically used by units with low or medium bulk and a high Atk stat running a 1-cooldown Special (after weapon effects). Also Lyn because she has Desperation on her weapon and any Hector with Berserk Armads because Berserk Armads.

The templates are

(Slaying Edge+ [Atk / Spd], Moonbow, Wrath 3)
Lyn (Sol Katti [unique], Moonbow, Wrath 3)
(Valentine) Hector (Berserk Armads, Bonfire, Wrath 3, Quickened Pulse)

23 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Chill skills have the property that its effect does not depend on the unit that has the skill (it doesn't depend on the unit's stats or position), so it doesn't matter who has it.

As such, it goes best on any character that doesn't have an obvious choice for their B slot or that doesn't have much to gain from their B slot. Firesweep users and slow, one-hit-kill nukes, for example, are great for this.

@XRay, @Ice Dragon, would it be overkill to give Chill Res to any debuffer such as Saias? Or could it be useful to give it (and/or Chill Def from Walhart) to Arena Core units to babysit the bonus unit?

I could consider Valentine Hector for Wrath, since I have him and comes with DC and Berserk Armads. However, I think that I'll keep this fodder a little bit longer just in case that any unit that I merge in the future could want it (especially wrath)

37 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

would it be overkill to give Chill Res to any debuffer such as Saias? Or could it be useful to give it (and/or Chill Def from Walhart) to Arena Core units to babysit the bonus unit?

Personally, due to the fact that Saias already has Res Ploy on his weapon, I would not bother with a second Res debuff. Actually, since Saias's weapon is a Ploy-type debuff, I'd focus on using just Ploy skills on him since they share the same positioning requirement.

Arena core units seem like a reasonable choice, though, so long as they don't mind losing their B-slot skill.