"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Aether has a high SP cost for arena scoring, so it’s a good investment if he’s a part of your arena team.

I would replace Renewal with any one of Quick Riposte, Swordbreaker, or Lancebreaker though. The HP threshold for his refinement is small enough that he will benefit more from those skills as an enemy phase check than Renewal’s miniscule healing. Quick Riposte is preferred but Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker can check specific threats depending on your team.

@WyvernQueen

If you have the resources, you can use Sturdy Blow (+4 Atk/Def when initiating combat) with Renewal's healing to be able to take out virtually any sword unit without breaking Siegmund's effect. Sol with the Heavy Blade seal would work well as a special skill in this case since it will activate on the second hit if the opponent can counterattack and also extends his reach to cover lances (as long as he heals enough with the Sol hit).

A pricey alternate approach would be to use Wrath and Moonbow. His first round of combat will allow him to activate Moonbow off of the guaranteed follow-up attack, and Wrath helps patch up his single-hit damage output once Siegmund's effect is broken.

I recommend taking a look at Ephraim's analysis write-up for more options:

If anyone has the time, I have a +res -spd Fjorm. Would I be better using her over the neutral one, or should I merge the new one into the neutral one? I play with the default kit on Fjorm.

Also, more of a vague question, but I summoned a second S!Lucina, and just want an opinion on whether I should merge them or use the new one for swift sparrow? I don't necessarily have anyone begging for swift sparrow, but I know its super good, so I'd find someone eventually. She's not a staple or anything, but she gets some love in AA, as well as specific quests ect.

3 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hey,

i have a +atk/-hp brave Roy. Should i give him life and death or fury 3? (He is in a horse emblem)

Life and Death. More Speed means he can activate Desperation more reliably.

2 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hey,

i got new year Camilla +spd/-res. How should i build her?

Firesweep Sword would suit that nature the best. Slaying Edge and Wo Dao is better on a +Atk, but you can still use it on +Spd.

Firesweep fliers should generally have the following skill set:

Firesweep, Reposition
Life and Death, Hit and Run

For Slaying Edge and Wo Dao, she can run the following:

Slaying Edge/Wo Dao, Luna (Slaying Edge)/Moonbow (Wo Dao)
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Desperation/Swordbreaker

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

If anyone has the time, I have a +res -spd Fjorm. Would I be better using her over the neutral one, or should I merge the new one into the neutral one? I play with the default kit on Fjorm.

Also, more of a vague question, but I summoned a second S!Lucina, and just want an opinion on whether I should merge them or use the new one for swift sparrow? I don't necessarily have anyone begging for swift sparrow, but I know its super good, so I'd find someone eventually. She's not a staple or anything, but she gets some love in AA, as well as specific quests ect.

Neutral is better. -Spd is crippling for most units.

Fjorm
Vanilla
Enemy Phase [Neutral] 57:9:138
Enemy Phase [+Res, -Spd] 45:13:146

This is Fjorm's best skill set, so if you ever get this nature, save it:

Fjorm +Spd -HP
Leiptr, Glacies
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 168:6:30

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sol with the Heavy Blade seal would work well as a special skill in this case since it will activate on the second hit if the opponent can counterattack and also extends his reach to cover lances (as long as he heals enough with the Sol hit).

Hm, I hadn't thought of that one. It looks pretty solid, I'm going to add it as an option for that set, thanks!

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have the resources, you can use Sturdy Blow (+4 Atk/Def when initiating combat) with Renewal's healing to be able to take out virtually any sword unit without breaking Siegmund's effect. Sol with the Heavy Blade seal would work well as a special skill in this case since it will activate on the second hit if the opponent can counterattack and also extends his reach to cover lances (as long as he heals enough with the Sol hit).

I mentioned Death Blow cause that was a pre-refinery thing he had, but I should have an extra Athena after giving out wo daos and Sol is much cheaper than Aether. Thanks for the help!

Is it just me or is Jacob a lost cause? His stats are so average and daggers suck so... I kinda want to build every 4* unit. But I am stuck on what to do with jacob...

Edit:

Also, I just pulled a -Res/+Spd Gunnthra. I would have prefered -Def/+Res. Since she is -Res, her Res Ploy will probably never activate on anyone note worthy. I what A skill should I give her? LAD and just go full glass cannon Desperation Blade Tome? I could give her my spare swift sparrow but it doesn't seem worth it.

I really wish I had a -def/+res Gunnthra. :( I guess I could give her Threaten Res to deal with high res melees but no access to Res Ploy against mages and anti-mages is annoying. Losing out on 7 res hurts.

Edited by Clogon

4 hours ago, Clogon said:

Is it just me or is Jacob a lost cause? His stats are so average and daggers suck so... I kinda want to build every 4* unit. But I am stuck on what to do with jacob...

The issue is that he needs Weapon Refinery to truly shine.  He does well enough with +Atk.  He won't solo maps, but he can tank a hit or two, if built correctly.

6 hours ago, Clogon said:

Edit:

Also, I just pulled a -Res/+Spd Gunnthra. I would have prefered -Def/+Res. Since she is -Res, her Res Ploy will probably never activate on anyone note worthy. I what A skill should I give her? LAD and just go full glass cannon Desperation Blade Tome? I could give her my spare swift sparrow but it doesn't seem worth it.

I really wish I had a -def/+res Gunnthra. :( I guess I could give her Threaten Res to deal with high res melees but no access to Res Ploy against mages and anti-mages is annoying. Losing out on 7 res hurts.

Jakob does not have a niche that he can fulfill better than anyone else. You can try giving him a Watersweep/Windsweep debuff build since everyone else who can run that build have a more important niche to fill than doing pure debuffs. Jakob +Spd 4*+10 has 36 Speed, 41 Speed with Life and Death, and "51" Speed with Phantom Spd 3.

For a Blade build, Gunnthrá [+Spd, -Res] is almost perfect, so giving her Swift Sparrow is pretty reasonable in my opinion. -Def is better if she wants to keep Res Ploy, but if she is running Hone Cavalry, then it does not really matter which one you bane.

Gunnthrá
Gronnblade
Swift Sparrow
6/6/0/0
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res] 173:15:16
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 173:15:16
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res] 172:14:18
Player Phase [+Atk, -Def] 172:14:18
Player Phase [+Spd, -Res; Enemies with Fury] 167:15:22
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def; Enemies with Fury] 167:15:22
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res; Enemies with Fury] 164:15:25
Player Phase [+Atk, -Def; Enemies with Fury] 164:15:25

Hey guys, I just started the game recently and got as my units brave roy brave lynn and gunnthra. I was looking for some teambuilding guides and i guess with those pulls i should be going for a cavalry team. Which unit should i add as the 4th member, reinhart? Should i also aim replace roy for a more tanky unit like sigurd?

These are the units i have 

https://imgur.com/a/qhBOe

https://imgur.com/a/0zLY7

thanks

Edited by Legit

3 minutes ago, Legit said:

Hey guys, I just started the game recently and got as my units brave roy brave lynn and gunnthra. I was looking for some teambuilding guides and i guess with those pulls i should be going for a cavalry team. Which unit should i add as the 4th member, reinhart? Should i also aim replace roy for a more tanky unit like sigurd?

These are the units i have 

https://imgur.com/a/qhBOe

https://imgur.com/a/0zLY7

thanks

You already got a very good team in those three and Reinhardt would be a perfect addition in the future. Until then you can use Fjorm on the blue spot, she is a good unit and her built-in Distant counter helps to bait red mages. BH!Roy is a very good offensive melee unit and personally I find him fun to play, but you could replace him with Olivia, since she can dance and give your ranged units an additional turn. 

Once the daily hero battle rotation gives you two free Gunters, promote them to 4* and let two of your Cavs inherit Hone Cavalry. It's one of the biggest advantages of Cavalry teams, their specific buffs have good availability. 

On 1/1/2018 at 3:05 AM, eclipse said:

The point of Swordbreaker is for her to be able to double the faster swords, and to double slower swords with Swordbreaker (IKE).  43 Speed is great, but it won't double a +Spd Lucina (for example).  If you really don't want that, you can use something like Wrath, Drag Back, or Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.  Wrath will probably serve you best, but requires Moonbow as a special, and a bit of chip damage.  Drag Back is solely intended to get Soliel back to your formation.  Wings of Mercy/Escape Route is pretty generic IMO, but it has its uses.

If you have Siegbert, I'd run him for Atk Tactic.  It's a nifty +6 boost, and Firesweep users really appreciate that.  You can stack Lucina's boost with Tailtiu, which means Soliel should double most things anyway.

Thanks!

I have a NY! Azura, so i'm planning to use her.

I don't really have wrath available..would drag back be a good alternative instead?

@XRay@Ice Dragon@MrSmokestack@LordFrigid

So would Heavy Blade Seal be a good option for Fury 6 -HP+Spd Eldigan?

I currently have Ignis on him, but maybe Bonfire would be better?

I am also thinking of replacing Swordbreaker with Renewal, since with Hone Cav, he doubles most units anyway.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@XRay@Ice Dragon@MrSmokestack@LordFrigid

I am also thinking of replacing Swordbreaker with Renewal, since with Hone Cav, he doubles most units anyway.

Off the top of my head, 60 Atk (after Hone Cav) should be safe for Heavy Blade against foes that aren’t heavily merged and/or buffed.

If he’s doubling, Heavy Blade + Bonfire would be a one-round activation against foes that can counter, while Ignis would not. I would personally consider that as being in favor of Bonfire. Scratch that, I forgot Mystletainn lowers special cool down. Ignis should be fine.

Tough call on Renewal. For Arena PP use, I’m tempted to say SB is worth it to deal with Ayra and the like, even if Fury burn drops him below 50% quickly (unless you have a dedicated sword killer like Reinhardt). Renewal probably isn’t keeping up with Fury burn damage, especially if he’s attacking foes that can counter.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Eldigan can proc Aether in one round of combat if he doubles with the Heavy Blade seal too. I would run that over Bonfire or Ignis both for the healing to reduce Fury 6's recoil as well as additional arena points.

Renewal costs more SP than Swordbreaker, but I would keep his B passive as is. Wings of Mercy also costs 240 SP, while Quick Riposte gives him a more competent enemy phase.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Eldigan can proc Aether in one round of combat if he doubles with the Heavy Blade seal too. I would run that over Bonfire or Ignis both for the healing to reduce Fury 6's recoil as well as additional arena points.

Renewal costs more SP than Swordbreaker, but I would keep his B passive as is. Wings of Mercy also costs 240 SP, while Quick Riposte gives him a more competent enemy phase.

Aether is something I didn't consider.  It would be 20K feathers, but he's broken my pity rate so much that he's worth a load of Arena points when I can use him, so that might be worth considering.

What's the best nature for Hana?

I have two 4* Hanas and I decided to train one to repay her for her many many sacrifices in making units like S!Corrin, Nino, Tailtiu and others stronger. One is +Atk -Res and the other +Spd -Def which I'd say are both optimal because she has absolutely no bulk on either side while factoring L&D but I have no idea which one will do better. For the record I have the resources to give her either a Brave Sword, Slaying Edge or Wo Dao build but not all of them.

Edited by Alexmender

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Aether is something I didn't consider.  It would be 20K feathers, but he's broken my pity rate so much that he's worth a load of Arena points when I can use him, so that might be worth considering.

Give him Galeforce and Desperation and he becomes practically a bulky BH!Roy. 

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Eldigan can proc Aether in one round of combat if he doubles with the Heavy Blade seal too.

Only possible on enemy phase when he is being double attacked and has Quick Riposte.

If Eldigan initiates combat, he can fully charge Aether in one round of combat, but can't use it until the next unless he is being double attacked and has Brash Assault active.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only possible on enemy phase when he is being double attacked and has Quick Riposte.

If Eldigan initiates combat, he can fully charge Aether in one round of combat, but can't use it until the next unless he is being double attacked and has Brash Assault active.

Heavy Blade only activates when the unit initiates the attack and not on counter attack from the enemy, correct?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Heavy Blade only activates when the unit initiates the attack and not on counter attack from the enemy, correct?

No, it works on enemy phase as well, but only for the hits your unit deals to the opponent. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

No, it works on enemy phase as well, but only for the hits your unit deals to the opponent. 

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.  Should have worded that better.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.  Should have worded that better.

The difference of Aether and Galeforce is the moment the special procs. Like mentioned before, Aether procs only if your unit and the opponent deal two hits, means being doubled on EP and dealing a follow-up hit with QR. 

Galeforce procs after combat on PP. If Eldigan doubles his opponent (and has higher ATK and the opponent doesn't have Guard equipped), he'll get that juicy extra turn and is probably in Desperation range. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I do not have much experience with Enemy Phase Aether outside of BH!Ike with Quick Riposte during Tempest Trials, but I find it slightly awkward sometimes. The healing is always nice, but sometimes if you do too much damage in the first hit, the healing from Aether activating on the second hit feels kind of underwhelming. BH!Ike does not have any trouble killing things in Tempest Trials with his boosted stats, but for Arena, he might want to consider Ignis for more damage. The SP boost from Aether is still pretty nice though if you are on the edge of a Tier.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Galeforce procs after combat on PP. If Eldigan doubles his opponent (and has higher ATK and the opponent doesn't have Guard equipped), he'll get that juicy extra turn and is probably in Desperation range. 

I wish Galeforce did not have that once per turn rule. There is no way Eldigan or BH!Roy can possibly be more amazing than Reinhardt, right?

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

What's the best nature for Hana?

I have two 4* Hanas and I decided to train one to repay her for her many many sacrifices in making units like S!Corrin, Nino, Tailtiu and others stronger. One is +Atk -Res and the other +Spd -Def which I'd say are both optimal because she has absolutely no bulk on either side while factoring L&D but I have no idea which one will do better. For the record I have the resources to give her either a Brave Sword, Slaying Edge or Wo Dao build but not all of them.

Both are great natures for different builds, so I would definitely keep both.

Hana [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] is perfect with Firesweep Sword. Elincia and HNY!Camilla can do it better since they can fly and abuse Hit and Run, but you will still have fun with Firesweep Weapons on any unit with decent Speed and Attack.

Hana [+Atk, -Res] is great with a more traditional offensive set. If you can consistently give Hana buffs, then Brave Sword is better, but if you need Hana to be more independent, Slaying Edge and Wo Dao has better unbuffed performance. I think Wo Dao is slightly better than Slaying Edge, but I would double check the calculator just to be sure; both have pretty similar performance numbers, so if you do not care about squeezing every last drop of performance out of her, then you can just go with whatever is cheaper.

Edited by XRay