"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my Soren runs Keen Gronnwolf+ and he's +Res/-HP what would be best to upgrade Keen Gronnwolf+ to? His stats are (after Fury 3 and weapon equipped) 33/48/36/20/35.

Also I have a Gray that's +Def/-Res, and he's running Zanbato+ what should I upgrade that too as well? (With Weapon equipped, and no A skill) 43/49/32/33/19.

All right y'all, I've been on a hiatus from Heroes for some time due to switching phones, lost data and increased studies. Now that I'm back on (at the very beginning, no less), all these new features are kinda out there and I dun understand them (yet, but I will eventually). Most particularly the Weapon Refinery; how do I even go to it?

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1. Can the heavy blade seal work with the a-slot version of itself?

2.What are some characters that does well with heavy blade as their seal?

1) Sadly, no, it does not stack with it's a slot version

2) Any high attack unit with some method of doubling.

14 hours ago, Logos said:

So my Soren runs Keen Gronnwolf+ and he's +Res/-HP what would be best to upgrade Keen Gronnwolf+ to? His stats are (after Fury 3 and weapon equipped) 33/48/36/20/35.

Also I have a Gray that's +Def/-Res, and he's running Zanbato+ what should I upgrade that too as well? (With Weapon equipped, and no A skill) 43/49/32/33/19.

If you want Soren to be pony tank, Resistance Refinement would be best in my opinion.

I would go Defense Refinement for Gray if you want to tank with him as well.

5 hours ago, Motendra said:

*GROANS* That'll take forever :/

If you picked BH!Lyn, got Reinhardt, and unlocked a free Olivia from Special Maps, it will take you about a day or two, assuming you got the fodder for them as well.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you want Soren to be pony tank, Resistance Refinement would be best in my opinion.

What about Special Refinement with Panic support from an ally? That has significantly more value than a few extra points of bulk because the damage from Horse boosts other than Goad / Ward is ignored completely.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Was thinking Res too, and I see what you mean for Gray, thanks. Now a new dilemma though what do I do for a +Spd/-Def Nowi, Fury 3 + Spd Refinement or something else?

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

2.What are some characters that does well with heavy blade as their seal?

Top Tier

Siegbert - His legendary weapon gives him Swift Sparrow 2, and his A skill you can run another Swift Sparrow 2, and after a Hone Cavalry buff he would be unstoppable with a Heavy Blade Seal. He has no limits with speed and attack.

Effie - Thanks to Wary Figher 3, and Effie's naturally high attack she can run a Brave Lance with Death Blow 3 set, reaching still phenomenally high attack and get a Special Cool Down charge thanks to Heavy Blade 3. Not to mention armor emblem buffs. However, it's important to note Armors have Bold Fighter now so they can get Cool Downs more easily as well as double attacks. However, it's particularly good on Effie because she can still be defensive and prevent follow-up attacks during the enemy phase.

Cherche - She's apart of Flier Emblem, so she too can run buffs, and has naturally high attack. Slow, but with Brave Axe+ can double.

Everything Else

Chrom, Hector, etc.

Edited by Logos

I’m working on building a Fury, QR Adult Tiki with Lightning Breath. She’s +ATK -SPD, and I’m wondering which is better for her weapon refinement: DEF or RES. The super DEF would be great. But the extra RES when combined with Fury brings it up to a respectable 31. Her RES is pretty bad, but I feel like it’s salvagable enough that she might be able to duel certain green or red mages if she needed to. Any thoughts?

Actually I have a second question. Fury is a place holder at the moment until I can get Steady Stance or Steady Breath. I realized that I actually have an extra Celica for Distant Defense. I could run Distant Defense, QR, and Close Defense seal at the same time... And with Fortify Dragons, that’s basically an extra +12 to her defenses on enemy phase...that’s a little scary. Better or worse?

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I’m working on building a Fury, QR Adult Tiki with Lightning Breath. She’s +ATK -SPD, and I’m wondering which is better for her weapon refinement: DEF or RES. The super DEF would be great. But the extra RES when combined with Fury brings it up to a respectable 31. Her RES is pretty bad, but I feel like it’s salvagable enough that she might be able to duel certain green or red mages if she needed to. Any thoughts?

I’d go with Res refinement. That way she has an easier time living Julia and Deirdre before nuking them on the counterattack.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Actually I have a second question. Fury is a place holder at the moment until I can get Steady Stance or Steady Breath. I realized that I actually have an extra Celica for Distant Defense. I could run Distant Defense, QR, and Close Defense seal at the same time... And with Fortify Dragons, that’s basically an extra +12 to her defenses on enemy phase...that’s a little scary. Better or worse?

I prefer Steady Breath. Even with Lightning Breath’s slowed cooldown Tiki can still proc Aether on the counterattack if she gets doubled, which is a very strong option combining both arena score and damage into one. It’s up to you though. Are you building a dragon team?

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’d go with Res refinement. That way she has an easier time living Julia and Deirdre before nuking them on the counterattack.

I prefer Steady Breath. Even with Lightning Breath’s slowed cooldown Tiki can still proc Aether on the counterattack if she gets doubled, which is a very strong option combining both arena score and damage into one. It’s up to you though. Are you building a dragon team?

I figured RES might be the more useful of the two, but I've seen both builds, and they're both pretty bomb. Thanks! Her DEF is going to be pretty great regardless.

I'm not building Dragon Emblem specifically at the moment. I'm hoping that in the near future, other dragons start to get released. I really like Myrrh and Kurthnaga a lot...so perhaps once they become a thing, I'll give it my best shot. Young Tiki has actually become a regular member of my Arena team, but she's so difficult to merge. Adult Tiki works differently, but I think she could serve a similar purpose and hit harder in the process. Maybe someday I'll have Steady Breath. Somehow I doubt I'll ever get the fodder unless they give it to another unit and make them available at 4 stars. XD Or I get really lucky... I may make Distant Defense a filler for now since her ATK is pretty good already... 

21 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Young Tiki has actually become a regular member of my Arena team, but she's so difficult to merge. Adult Tiki works differently, but I think she could serve a similar purpose and hit harder in the process.

Maybe someday I'll have Steady Breath. I may make Distant Defense a filler for now since her ATK is pretty good already.

I can relate. My Ephraim is +1 and I spent some orbs recently rolling for extra copies, but no luck so far.

And that’s fine. Distant Def won’t shut off QR after a couple of rounds which is nice.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

What about Special Refinement with Panic support from an ally? That has significantly more value than a few extra points of bulk because the damage from Horse boosts other than Goad / Ward is ignored completely.

Good point. I completely forgot about that for some reason. I need to use Weapon Refinement more.

6 hours ago, Logos said:

Was thinking Res too, and I see what you mean for Gray, thanks. Now a new dilemma though what do I do for a +Spd/-Def Nowi, Fury 3 + Spd Refinement or something else?

@MrSmokestack reminded me the existence of the special Refinement that nullifies cavalry buffs. I think that Refinement is better than a simple HP and Def/Res boost for tanking cavalry units. The stat boost refinement is still good for general tanking, but since the weapons come with anti cavalry effects, you might as well specialize that weapon towards tanking cavalry.

So I'll still wait a few weeks and see if they do refinement Julia banner but in case that plan fails how viable is a -Atk+HP Julia? (Note that I probably won't play in arena with her.)

I'm planning to build my Julia with the optimal Julia build meaning:

Fury 3

G Tomebreaker 3

Hone Atk 3

Draw Back

Oh and should I upgrade her Naga to Divine Naga? I've heard some people suggest keeping Naga while others say to upgrade to DN.

7 hours ago, Hekselka said:

So I'll still wait a few weeks and see if they do refinement Julia banner but in case that plan fails how viable is a -Atk+HP Julia? (Note that I probably won't play in arena with her.)

I'm planning to build my Julia with the optimal Julia build meaning:

Fury 3

G Tomebreaker 3

Hone Atk 3

Draw Back

Oh and should I upgrade her Naga to Divine Naga? I've heard some people suggest keeping Naga while others say to upgrade to DN.

You generally want low investment cost and high returns if you plan to use her for Arena Assault. Satisfactory counters are cheaper to build and are less dependent on natures compared to high coverage generalist units.

Unless you are swimming in Fury 3, it is a bit too expensive in my opinion for Julia; Fury 3 is in high demand by other units. G Tomebreaker is fine if you do not have Quick Riposte, but Julia will be missing some blue mages kills. Hone Attack is good as long as it is cheap; if you are running low on Hone Attack, I would use another C slot buff. Draw Back is good.

I personally prefer Glimmer, Triangle Adept 2, and Quick Riposte 1/2 so she can shut down blue mages. Glimmer should be plentiful since no one really uses it outside of Arena Assault units. Triangle Adept 2 is sufficient in most cases and Selena is common; Cordelia also has it for you to fodder off. Subaki is pretty common like Selena and you can go with Quick Riposte 1 if you do not feel like spending 2,000 Feathers for Quick Riposte 2; you can also go with B Tomebreaker, but F!Robin is limited.

I definitely would not upgrade her Naga to Divine Naga, unless there is something you want her to do that Naga cannot. In Arena Assault, counters can generally kill whatever they counter in one round, even if the enemy is buffed, so spending resources nullifying the buff is not super worth it in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With the new seals we can use Heavy Blade on anyone. Does the ATK comparison value WTA? 

It compares the Atk stat that you see on the field (including buffs and debuffs) plus any spurs during combat.

@XRay  Ok thanks, I'm wondering which Brave units would be good for a Heavy Blade Seal / Galeforce combination. 

Problem with the HB seal is, you can't equip QP. Brave weapons usually kill on the second hit without taking one by the enemy. Thus the special counter for Galeforce will remain by 1 after attacking. 

Weapon triangle disadvantage would be a good way to let the enemy survive the first two attacks, without lowering the ATK value. Drawback would be the need to quad without the benefit of a breaker. 

What would be the ideal boon/bane for Kagero? I just got her with +Spd/-Def, but I've heard that +Atk might be best for her, so I'm not sure if +Spd would be worth promoting to 5-star.

Also, just got a +Spd/-HP Soleil, which I'm almost certain is near perfect, in contrast to Kagero. What would be a good Firesweep build for her to have, or are there any other builds that she'd be better off using instead?

18 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also, just got a +Spd/-HP Soleil, which I'm almost certain is near perfect, in contrast to Kagero. What would be a good Firesweep build for her to have, or are there any other builds that she'd be better off using instead?

Life and Death 3, B skill of your choice, C skill (Drive Res is good though), Repo, and... I'd actually say Dragon Fang or Glimmer with Heavy Blade 3 SS if you can get it.

Pretty standard Firesweep build.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be the ideal boon/bane for Kagero? I just got her with +Spd/-Def, but I've heard that +Atk might be best for her, so I'm not sure if +Spd would be worth promoting to 5-star.

+Spd is alright.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be a good Firesweep build for Soleil to have, or are there any other builds that she'd be better off using instead?

Just use Firesweep with a 3CD special or Aether for points. Default Blazing Wind is 300 SP so you can run that if you're budgeting instead.

Spoiler

Weapon: Firesweep S+

Assist: Reposition / Dual Rally skill

Special: Luna / Blazing Wind / Aether

Passive A: Life and Death 3

Passive B: Swordbreaker 3 / 240 SP passive

Passive C: Drive Spd 2 / Drive Res 2 /Spur Atk 3 / Drive Atk 2

Passive S: Spur Atk 3

Heavy Blade really wants Slaying Edge to take full advantage of it. She can be built that way but Firesweep breaks the game harder so I'd go with that instead.

@XRay

Thanks for the info. I'll still have to think about some stuff in regards to her since she's a long time project but that's a lot of help.

I need some for another unit though. I did some pulls in the legendary banner and I got BraveRoy. One has neutral IV's while the other has +Atk-Def, which one would be the best to train? Roy tends to go in physical so that -def is kind of annoying but +atk is his best boon from my understanding.

9 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

@XRay

Thanks for the info. I'll still have to think about some stuff in regards to her since she's a long time project but that's a lot of help.

I need some for another unit though. I did some pulls in the legendary banner and I got BraveRoy. One has neutral IV's while the other has +Atk-Def, which one would be the best to train? Roy tends to go in physical so that -def is kind of annoying but +atk is his best boon from my understanding.

For a Player Phase unit, as long as it is +Atk/Spd, the bane does not matter as much as long as it is not -Spd. -Res is ideal for melee units, but -HP/Def is still functional.

Edited by XRay