"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, which Lon'qu should I use? +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-Res? I actually have both of them.

[+Atk, -Res] is better unless there is someone you must out Speed.

6 hours ago, Stylish said:

I'm under the impression that a successful Arena Assault defence also counts as a successful arena defence. This hasn't changed right?

Successful Arena Assault defense win also counts as an Arena defense win, but it is highly unlikely to get an Arena Assault defense win since players can preview enemy teams after the first team.

Got a question, for once...

I'm trying to build an armor emblem team since the winter banner is out (and since I love Robin and Lissa as characters), and I'm quite curious about how people build such a team (and particulary about the C skills). And I'm wondering what will be my fourth character, outside of Lissa, Robin and Tharja : another armor unit or a flier unit with guidance ?

What do you people think ?

@Ledrert While the units used on armor teams can vary, some of them tend towards two distinct playstyles: Armor March Offense and DC Ward.

In the first type of team, there is two units with Hone Armor supporting two offensively-built armored units, usually either Effie, Draug, Arden, Henry, Jakob, or Amelia, with Armor March. Brave and -Blade users like Effie and Henry respectively benefit significantly from Armor March’s additional movement, while their Hone Armor partner can be built for enemy phase.

The second type of team is more common and easier to use, especially since Armor March is rare to get ahold of; everyone has DC and Ward Armor so each unit get +12 Def / Res when the group is packed together. Bulky armors like the Black Knight and Sheena benefit from this setup instead.

If you want to use Winter Robin and Lissa, their skills lend them towards an Armor March team. Robin comes with Armor March already but you can try pulling for a second one so Lissa can inherit it. Support them with a bulky armor like Effie or Sheena with Hone Armor. On a defense team, Wary Figher can limit ORKOs while Quick Riposte is a staple. I would use Quick Riposte if they’re being controlled by an actual playee though.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you want to use Winter Robin and Lissa, their skills lend them towards an Armor March team. Robin comes with Armor March already but you can try pulling for a second one so Lissa can inherit it. Support them with a bulky armor like Effie or Sheena with Hone Armor. On a defense team, Wary Figher can limit ORKOs while Quick Riposte is a staple. I would use Quick Riposte if they’re being controlled by an actual playee thoug.

I have three of him, but I'm considering merging so he can have 45 speed (with +Spd refined weapon and Brazen Atk/Spd) and double and use Adrenaline against 40- Spd units.

I have Tharja too, that's why I asked the question about the fourth member. Actually, my set is : Robin with March, Lissa with Fortify and Tharja with Hone. But I see the thing. So, if I use the first setup, I have to give March to Lissa, and another Hone to another Armor (the 4th member who had to be bulky). Am I right ?

9 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Actually, my set is : Robin with March, Lissa with Fortify and Tharja with Hone. But I see the thing. So, if I use the first setup, I have to give March to Lissa, and another Hone to another Armor (the 4th member who had to be bulky). Am I right ?

Merging Robin is good for raising your score in the short term, but unless you want to keep using him after he has been a bonus unit I wouldn’t recommend it. Merging two of them and passing Armor March with the third would be better.

I would use two Hone Armor and two Armor March instead of a Fortify Armor. Tharja and X bulky armor like Effie or Sheena can then carry Hone Armor.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Merging Robin is good for raising your score in the short term, but unless you want to keep using him after he has been a bonus unit I wouldn’t recommend it. Merging two of them and passing Armor March with the third would be better.

I would use two Hone Armor and two Armor March instead of a Fortify Armor. Tharja and X bulky armor like Effie or Sheena can then carry Hone Armor.

Of course I'll keep using them ! They are my prefered characters ! x) And that's why I didn't used any armor before them.

Well, thanks for your advice.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:42 PM, XRay said:

[+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res] is the best nature for a Player Phase build.

Amelia+0 Neutral
Brave Axe
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 159:19:21

On 12/21/2017 at 3:30 PM, Hilda said:

Slaying Axe +
Assist: forgot what she had
Special: Aithir
A: Steady Breath
B: Bold Figher 3 (the new skill from Lissa
C: Armor March
Seal: Quickened pulse

obviously you can deal with this built when you run a mage/ranged unit, since no Distant counter. but usually in the land of 5150+ points or so you dont encounter much mages and i myself run a Team consistent ot 3 melees + bonus unit or 2 melees + azama + bonus unit.

This built was uterly disgusting to deal with because i couldnt attack her due to steady breath and her high speed makeing her Aithir almost ready, but i couldnt let her attack me either due to Bold Fighter 3 makeing her charge ready. She almost massacred my Sigurd...

Dammit, I have the spare fodder for both of these builds. They are both equally dangerous and could probably rack up a ton of Defense wins, but I do prefer to do my killing on the Enemy phase. The point about the 5150+ score range not having any mages is so true though. My Steady Breath Lukas has been basically invincible. +Res for Amelia would give her her highest BST but it would be wasted for Arena play since there aren't many if any mages to deal with. 

Galeforce would make a Bold fighter build even more disgusting.

Damn, my only +Atk is -Def.

I think I would rather run the Brave/Bold Build with My +Atk/-Spd Effie since it fits her stat spread better. And that way I can give her Galeforce and Brave Lance + with just 1 Cordelia.

And now I'm right back to not knowing what to do with Amelia.

So I am currently one short of having 4*+10 Lilina. Problem is I am not sure which of them to use as the base. I figure +ATK is a given. This leaves me with two choices for banes. Speed and Defense. Now she isn't likely to get much out of her speed. But I am not likely going to use her to wall physical units either. My current level 40 is the Defense bane so if the difference is minimal I would be tempted to sit on that just so I don't have to drag her arse back up to 40. . . again.

4 minutes ago, Usana said:

So I am currently one short of having 4*+10 Lilina. Problem is I am not sure which of them to use as the base. I figure +ATK is a given. This leaves me with two choices for banes. Speed and Defense. Now she isn't likely to get much out of her speed. But I am not likely going to use her to wall physical units either. My current level 40 is the Defense bane so if the difference is minimal I would be tempted to sit on that just so I don't have to drag her arse back up to 40. . . again.

go with -Def. There are some units even slower than her that she will be able to double. Defense doesn't really do anything for her at all. No CC means she will just be blocking stuff with her face and bows are either fast enough to double or run Brave which will kill her first regardless.

7 hours ago, Usana said:

It has been pointed out to me a while ago that +Spd -Def Lilina with LnD3 can achieve more kills than +Atk can, though I've no idea if this applies to 4*+10 as well as 5*+0.

28 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It has been pointed out to me a while ago that +Spd -Def Lilina with LnD3 can achieve more kills than +Atk can, though I've no idea if this applies to 4*+10 as well as 5*+0.

Yeah at 4* her +spd is only 3 instead of four. At 5* +SPD puts her at 29 which isn't a bad starting spot at all. At 4* she starts at 26 with a spd boon. So we would be looking at 34vs31 speed between that. 34 would certianly let her double the some of the tough units sitting around 28 or so speed; 31 not so much. However, you do have a point that with the +4 to speed from merges she would actually be slightly faster than the baseline 5*.  That said if I recall my only +spd was an attack bane. Something like that. Seems most of them were +Res with random banes. If I do get a +SPD/-DEF as my final Lilina I'll have to consider it.

What I was going to currently do is give her LnD and a speed refine weapon. AT +10 she would have 27+2+5 for 34 speed. Since she is an attack boon I don't need to bother with a mt refinement on the weapon. With her base weapon she will have 61/34 offenses.  That said if I traded the 3 attack for 3 speed she could, with the help of a spd seal double base 35 or less spd units which could prove very valuable. Anyways, at the moment I don't have to consider it since I am not willing to take on a spd boon if it insists on coming with an attack bane.

Edited by Usana

Heh, I'm honored that I was mentioned for this topic. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said though, so I'll just leave this here:

Spoiler

XLtufcH.png

I believe a 4-star +10 +Spd Lilina would still be better than this, but the +4 in Spd certainly helps in the long run.

27 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, I'm honored that I was mentioned for this topic. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said though, so I'll just leave this here:

Hide contents

XLtufcH.png

I believe a 4-star +10 +Spd Lilina would still be better than this, but the +4 in Spd certainly helps in the long run.

Lilina 4* +10 +SPD/+DEF with LnD3 would arrive at 57 ATK and 35 SPD which is one ATK and SPD more than your 5*+1 (without Seal and Support). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Lilina 4* +10 +SPD/+DEF with LnD3 would arrive at 57 ATK and 35 SPD which is one ATK and SPD more than your 5*+1 (without Seal and Support). 

Gotcha, thanks. So I guess every merge past 5-star +2 would make her better than 4-star +10, but for a much higher cost of course. Maybe I should promote my other two Lilinas soon...

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Gotcha, thanks. So I guess every merge past 5-star +2 would make her better than 4-star +10, but for a much higher cost of course. Maybe I should promote my other two Lilinas soon...

+2 raises SPD/RES, +3 raises ATK/DEF (offensive stats equal to 4*+10), 4+ raises ATK/RES and would be better than 4*+10 offensive-wise (1 ATK). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

+2 raises SPD/RES, +3 raises ATK/DEF (offensive stats equal to 4*+10), 4+ raises ATK/RES and would be better than 4*+10 offensive-wise (1 ATK). 

Ah, my bad; for some reason I thought +1 raised HP/Res. That just means I need to get myself another Lilina, then!

This might be a stupid question, but...
So, who would get the most mileage out of Bold Fighter 3 from the spare WE!Lissa I got? I got:

Arden, already has his Pursuit Ring
Zephiel
Hector (+Spd, -HP)
Black Knight
ToD!Henry (+Atk, -HP)
WE!Tharja (+Spd, -Def)
ToD!Jakob (+Atk, -Res), has Brave Bow+ and DB 3
Effie, +1 (+Def, -Spd)

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I have +hp -def azura. what's a good build for such IVs?

Moonbow-Distant Counter-Quick Riposte is good for taking out red mages. If you cannot afford Distant Counter, you can opt for Fury instead.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

This might be a stupid question, but...
So, who would get the most mileage out of Bold Fighter 3 from the spare WE!Lissa I got? I got:

Arden, already has his Pursuit Ring
Zephiel
Hector (+Spd, -HP)
Black Knight
ToD!Henry (+Atk, -HP)
WE!Tharja (+Spd, -Def)
ToD!Jakob (+Atk, -Res), has Brave Bow+ and DB 3
Effie, +1 (+Def, -Spd)

TOD!Jakob has access to Firesweep and Brave weapons, so he is tactically more versatile than TOD!Henry and WE!Tharja.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Do the Seal skills stack with daggers and Clarisse's Bow?

The most powerful effect for each affected stat will get applied.

Edited by Vaximillian