"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

33 minutes ago, sirmola said:

She already has both WOM3 and moonbow, so I will probably use stahl (because I already have several of him, and he does not have anything anyone else really wants), whereas I only have so many moonbow and luna users.

But Yeah, Olivia is very rarely attacking for me. 95% of the time,  she dances.

In that case I probably wouldn't do it at all, not really an efficient use of feathers given the state of your roster. Maybe just consider forging her Silver Sword+ instead, would be worth more points too since Ruby Dao can't be forged.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, sirmola said:

Currently, My core team is reinhardt/klien/Olivia/Siegbert (or occasionally julia).

Arena cores typically consist of only three units since the fourth is intentionally left empty to accommodate a bonus unit each week for Arena.

If you can afford the merges, I highly recommend focusing on merging Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia, as that is a very similar to my set up of Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia. If you are not running BH!Lyn, Olivia will need to handle Bonfire-Vantage Hectors in addition to tanking Gronnraven mages, so she should ideally run either Ruby Sword-Vantage or Armorsmasher [Defense]-Triangle Adept.

Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia should be able to handle just about any unit. If the dragon meta is indeed rising, they are super easy to counter since Reinhardt kills Y!Tiki, Olivia kills Fae, and Nowi usually falls to either Reinhardt or a Brave Bow archer as she is rarely built to handle both.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Always nice when so many people quote and tag me when I'm off on a business trip.

I can't be bothered to waste perfectly good merge fodder to test things in practice, but the wording makes it pretty clear that by "does not stack", it means that only one skill such skill can have an effect on any given hit.

For example:

• Unit with Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade attacks an opponent with lower Atk and lower Spd. Unit charges 2 points of Special gauge.
    • Both Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade are active.
  • Unit with Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade attacks an opponent with lower Atk and lower Spd and Guard. Unit charges 1 point of Special gauge.
    • Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, and Guard are all active.
  • Unit with Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter is attacked, and the opponent initiated the attack. Unit charges 2 points of Special gauge.
    • Steady Breath is active, Vengeful Fighter is not.
  • Unit with Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter attacks, and the opponent initiated the attack. Unit charges 2 points of Special gauge.
    • Both Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter are active.

I thought you would love the attention.

I see. Thanks!

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sanaki with swordbreaker or red tomebreaker?

Whichever you need to counter more.

Edited by XRay

@Humanoid @sirmolaIf you want more points from using a refined weapon, Wo Dao would still be better because it has better combat. There’s no reason not to go all the way with units you know you will be using for a long time. Giving her a new weapon isn’t a priority though and she can get some merges first for more points.

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Sanaki with swordbreaker or red tomebreaker?

Swordbreaker. It gives more KOs than R Tomebreaker, and it lets her check speedy sword users that would maul her otherwise. Red Tomes are rare enough that a breaker against them won’t be relevant most of the time.

Edited by MrSmokestack

24 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

What's more frequent in AA right now?

I would say swords are more common, but since they are so easy to deal with, I am not sure if you need another sword counter unless you have a dearth of blue units.

For Arena Assault, if you have a lot of units, it is easier and cheaper to build units as specialized counters rather than trying to increase their coverage. Moonbow, Fury, and Quick Riposte are in high demand while Gem Weapons, Glimmer, single stat boosters, and Breakers are far more plentiful/less demanded. It is not a bad idea to increase coverage if you are a new player and you do not have enough fodder, but once your Barracks starts to fill up, specialized counters are more reliable in killing things in one round (so you do not get swarmed) and it is a great way to clean up your Barracks.

Edited by XRay

Anyone have an opinion on the best Nature for Amelia? The more input the better.

I just got the last remaining copies I needed to +10 her and I am torn between the +Spd/-Hp that I have been running, and the +Res/-Spd that i'm thinking about switching to.

Every Amelia I see is +Spd/-Res, and to be honest, not too hard to deal with. Windsweep is apparently really common on her now and that is a build that I'm not interested in running.

If I stick with +SPD, I don't know how I would build her aside from the DC that I have already inherited to her.

On the +Res/-Spd build I would run an upgraded Slaying axe (+def) - (double) rally - Aether - DC - Vengeful Fighter - (flexible) - Panic ploy seal/other

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia should be able to handle just about any unit. If the dragon meta is indeed rising, they are super easy to counter since Reinhardt kills Y!Tiki, Olivia kills Fae, and Nowi usually falls to either Reinhardt or a Brave Bow archer as she is rarely built to handle both.

The Nowis I was coming across last season (before my score dropped off hard due to switching out bonus unit Olivia) were built to survive both (non-Firesweep) Brave Lyn and (standard) Reinhardt.  I've since swapped Reinhardt's B-skill and seal over to Watersweep/Phantom Speed to deal with her without either losing a unit or having to conga-line around the map until I get optimal positioning.

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

In that case I probably wouldn't do it at all, not really an efficient use of feathers given the state of your roster. Maybe just consider forging her Silver Sword+ instead, would be worth more points too since Ruby Dao can't be forged.

Ruby Sword can't, but Wo Dao can.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Arena cores typically consist of only three units since the fourth is intentionally left empty to accommodate a bonus unit each week for Arena.

If you can afford the merges, I highly recommend focusing on merging Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia, as that is a very similar to my set up of Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia. If you are not running BH!Lyn, Olivia will need to handle Bonfire-Vantage Hectors in addition to tanking Gronnraven mages, so she should ideally run either Ruby Sword-Vantage or Armorsmasher [Defense]-Triangle Adept.

By Core, I mean that's the team is use for most things, (not just arena). WHen I want a bonus, Siegbert gets rotated out.

I admit that BH!lyn is by FAR my most wanted unit. My bigest mistake this game was taking lucinia for my free BH unit. I tried to get her during her more recent avalibility, but was unable to. Klien does pretty well, though.

I will admit that the Wo Dao+ is tempting, because I have enough sword users (including ayra) to make my 5* athena mostly obsolete (because there are very few instances where I would want to run athena instead of ayra). That means that I can get Wo Dao+ on olivia without using feathers, whereas armorsmasher+ and ruby sword+ would both require feathers.

I should also note that I may rotate out olivia if I ever get another dancer, but I'm not holding my breath, because everyone else is 5* only, and the best dancers are unavalible due to being in the performing arts banner, and thus not avalible untill it reruns.

I should also note that I only have one each of 4* reinhardt and 4* olivia, because I was using them for SP merges and vantage/hone atk fodder. I actualy never got a 4* klien (reinhardt got death blow from a -atk 5* hawkeye)

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

By Core, I mean that's the team is use for most things, (not just arena). WHen I want a bonus, Siegbert gets rotated out.

Must be a difference in terminology, then. “Core” usually refers to the 2-3 units that are central to a team rather than being “a team used for most content”.

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I will admit that the Wo Dao+ is tempting, because I have enough sword users (including ayra) to make my 5* athena mostly obsolete (because there are very few instances where I would want to run athena instead of ayra). That means that I can get Wo Dao+ on olivia without using feathers, whereas armorsmasher+ and ruby sword+ would both require feathers.

If your Athena is maxed on HM, unless you particularly like her you’ll get more use out of her Wo Dao+ than if she stayed shelved. Seems like an easy choice to make since it saves feathers, scores more points, and has better combat.

Olivia is still the only red dancer in the game, which sets her apart from the others. Blue has some overlap on your team already which can leave a weakness to greens if you remove Olivia from your team.

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Anyone have an opinion on the best Nature for Amelia? The more input the better.

I just got the last remaining copies I needed to +10 her and I am torn between the +Spd/-Hp that I have been running, and the +Res/-Spd that i'm thinking about switching to.

Every Amelia I see is +Spd/-Res, and to be honest, not too hard to deal with. Windsweep is apparently really common on her now and that is a build that I'm not interested in running.

If I stick with +SPD, I don't know how I would build her aside from the DC that I have already inherited to her.

On the +Res/-Spd build I would run an upgraded Slaying axe (+def) - (double) rally - Aether - DC - Vengeful Fighter - (flexible) - Panic ploy seal/other

[+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res] is the best nature for a Player Phase build.

Amelia+0 Neutral
Brave Axe
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 159:19:21

She requires no buffs while having Blade tomes level of performance against maxed merged enemies while being unmerged herself.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

the best dancers

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Olivia is still the only red dancer in the game, which sets her apart from the others. Blue has some overlap on your team already which can leave a weakness to greens if you remove Olivia from your team.

Basically what @MrSmokestack said. You want your Dancer/Singer to be a color that is weaker color to your mage (in this case, red Olivia for blue Reinhardt), so your Dancer/Singer can handle whatever your mage cannot (in this case, greens, especially Hector, Fae, and Gronnraven mages). Running any other color makes the team weak to a color that the mage is weak to.

6 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I can deal with Windsweep Amelias but i just met a very disgusting Amelia:

Slaying Axe +
Assist: forgot what she had
Special: Aithir
A: Steady Breath
B: Bold Figher 3 (the new skill from Lissa
C: Armor March
Seal: Quickened pulse

obviously you can deal with this built when you run a mage/ranged unit, since no Distant counter. but usually in the land of 5150+ points or so you dont encounter much mages and i myself run a Team consistent ot 3 melees + bonus unit or 2 melees + azama + bonus unit.

This built was uterly disgusting to deal with because i couldnt attack her due to steady breath and her high speed makeing her Aithir almost ready, but i couldnt let her attack me either due to Bold Fighter 3 makeing her charge ready. She almost massacred my Sigurd...

Edited by Hilda

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Must be a difference in terminology, then. “Core” usually refers to the 2-3 units that are central to a team rather than being “a team used for most content”.

If your Athena is maxed on HM, unless you particularly like her you’ll get more use out of her Wo Dao+ than if she stayed shelved. Seems like an easy choice to make since it saves feathers, scores more points, and has better combat.

You are right. I should have used "standard team" or something.

OUt of curiosity, what is her best Wo Dao forge and skillset? Currently, she is:

Neuteral

Ruby sword (also has silver sword + learned)

Dance

Moonbow

Wrath 3 (also has spd+ 3 learned)

Wings of Mercy 3 (also has Knock Back learned)

Hone attack 3.

Hone spd 2 seal.

Note That I can't get wrath at the moment (and like WOM, because her dancer ability is more important than her combat ability) I am also using Quickened pulse on reinhardt ATM

Edited by sirmola

24 minutes ago, sirmola said:

OUt of curiosity, what is her best Wo Dao forge and skillset?

A +Spd Wo Dao forge is preferable to both improve her combat and reduce the number of enemies that double her.

Spd +3 is fine as an A passive, but I would strongly recommend getting Fury 3 on her for the additional bulk if you can. In addition, either finish leveling her Hone Spd seal or use one with a higher SP cost like Distant Def—provided no one else on your team is using it of course. Hone Spd 3 costs 200 SP while Distant Def, Panic Ploy, and Distant / Close Def for example cost 240 SP among the seals.

Every other skill is fine as is.

Edited by MrSmokestack

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A +Spd Wo Dao forge is preferable to both improve her combat and reduce the number of enemies that double her.

Spd +3 is fine as an A passive, but I would strongly recommend getting Fury 3 on her for the additional bulk if you can. In addition, either finish leveling her Hone Spd seal or use one with a higher SP cost like Distant Def—provided no one else on your team is using it of course. Hone Spd 3 costs 200 SP while Distant Def, Panic Ploy, and Distant / Close Def for example cost 240 SP among the seals.

Every other skill is fine as is.

Got it. Maybe that list did not make it clear, but fury is her equiped A skill right now. She still knows spd+3 from before the last time someone gave me build advice for her, but she dosn't use it right now.

36 minutes ago, sirmola said:

Got it. Maybe that list did not make it clear, but fury is her equiped A skill right now. She still knows spd+3 from before the last time someone gave me build advice for her, but she dosn't use it right now.

Oh, so that’s what you meant by having “Wrath” in the “A” slot.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Wrath 3 (also has spd+ 3 learned)

Thanks for clarifying.

Oh, so that’s what you meant by having “Wrath” in the “A” slot.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yep, just a freudian slip because i was thinking about wrath in the B slot, which build guides recomend if you are going the B slot route.

Question for anyone: is there a list somewhere on the internet on the characters with the highest of each stat? I'm trying to build a "Glacies" team and I have 3 units so far (Fjorm, Olwen, and Katarina) so I'd like to find what units have the highest Resistance for the best use of the skill.

If there is no list anywhere, might someone simply know which Heroes run Glacies best?

Edited by Rex Glacies

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rex Glacies The FEH Wiki has a max stats page that allows units to be sorted by stats (HP, Atk, Spd, Def, Res, Stat Total), color, movement type, and weapon type.

Nice avatar. Thank you. I had stopped using the Wiki because of their technical difficulties, but I guess some parts still work. This'll help. Thanks.

Do you know where it’s from

KageroChart‘s Hero Charts are a workable alternative if the FEH Wiki isn’t available.

Spoiler

I presently have Monika as my background and yes, she is terrifying. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself.

The other one appears to be missing a few characters for some reason, so this is nice to have as well. Thanks! Now to summon the characters with the stats I want.

2 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Question for anyone: is there a list somewhere on the internet on the characters with the highest of each stat? I'm trying to build a "Glacies" team and I have 3 units so far (Fjorm, Olwen, and Katarina) so I'd like to find what units have the highest Resistance for the best use of the skill.

If there is no list anywhere, might someone simply know which Heroes run Glacies best?

Titania has very good Resistance, I run Iceberg on mine, but Glacies could work, too.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Titania has very good Resistance, I run Iceberg on mine, but Glacies could work, too.

I've considered her. I have a couple 4* Titanias, so I'd have to check their IVs to see how good they are. Plus, she's green, which is a color I am rather lacking in. (For some reason all my good units - or all the units I wish to use - are all blue.)