"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

@eclipse There's also the offensive options, and I find that the candidate pool should generally consist of: a) units who do extra damage on specials; b) units who do more frequent specials; or c) both. For the latter option, it's pretty much just reds in Ayra, Fir and Karel. Outside of that, you're pretty much looking at Wo Dao or Slaying weapons, or legendary versions thereof such as Basilikos.

Not personally fond of slaying weapons, but I might be able to work something out with Wo Dao and the like.  Mia looks like a pretty good candidate!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Not personally fond of slaying weapons, but I might be able to work something out with Wo Dao and the like.  Mia looks like a pretty good candidate!

Ah, I should add that what I wrote sort of expected that you'd use 2cd specials lowered to 1cd with a killer effect. This way you get to proc your special immediately when you counter, and you don't need to fuss about turn control to build charges.

If you're just using it casually then it doesn't really matter, though, and a fast enough unit can run Flashing Blade (S-seal) to use longer cd specials---assuming you're fine with keeping out of combat for a long ass time for Wrath to charge the special if needed.

Edited by DehNutCase

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ah, I should add that what I wrote sort of expected that you'd use 2cd specials lowered to 1cd with a killer effect. This way you get to proc your special immediately when you counter, and you don't need to fuss about turn control to build charges.

If you're just using it casually then it doesn't really matter, though, and a fast enough unit can run Flashing Blade (S-seal) to use longer cd specials---assuming you're fine with keeping out of combat for a long ass time for Wrath to charge the special if needed.

Was planning on using it with Moonbow, so I think it should work.  Helps that my Mia is +Spd, too.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

And now, a question from me:

What makes a unit a good Wrath candidate?  I'm not looking for a specific unit, but rather the role(s) they should fill.

The most common "competitive" use for Wrath is to be able to counter-kill with Wrath on the first round of combat and then have Wrath fully charge your Special at the beginning of each turn to instantly nuke enemies on player phase (thus killing them before they can counterattack).

This generally requires 2 things:

1. A method of getting the Special cooldown down to 1 and
  2. A very, very strong Special.

There are a few exceptions that logically follow. For example, Hector and Valentine Hector are capable of stacking Wrath twice due to Berserk Armads, which means requirement (1) actually becomes "a method of getting the Special cooldown down to 2". Lyn can also modify requirement (1) to a "Special cooldown down to 2" due to having Desperation on her weapon, meaning she needs the Special to land on either of her two attacks, not necessarily the first, because the opponent cannot counterattack before Wrath hits.

Also note that requirement (1) also isn't actually necessary if you can simply stall the number of turns necessary to fully charge the Special, though it's advised not to make the down-time too long.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The most common "competitive" use for Wrath is to be able to counter-kill with Wrath on the first round of combat and then have Wrath fully charge your Special at the beginning of each turn to instantly nuke enemies on player phase (thus killing them before they can counterattack).

This generally requires 2 things:

1. A method of getting the Special cooldown down to 1 and
  2. A very, very strong Special.

There are a few exceptions that logically follow. For example, Hector and Valentine Hector are capable of stacking Wrath twice due to Berserk Armads, which means requirement (1) actually becomes "a method of getting the Special cooldown down to 2". Lyn can also modify requirement (1) to a "Special cooldown down to 2" due to having Desperation on her weapon, meaning she needs the Special to land on either of her two attacks, not necessarily the first, because the opponent cannot counterattack before Wrath hits.

Also note that requirement (1) also isn't actually necessary if you can simply stall the number of turns necessary to fully charge the Special, though it's advised not to make the down-time too long.

That means my Lyn would need Brash Assault in the S slot, because she's -Spd.  Maybe if I get a better one, I'll give it a shot.  Can also do this to my Hector, if he wasn't -Atk (and I much prefer regular Armads on him).

Huh, so it's either Mia for giggles, or Lyn with the Brash Assault seal.  I'll think about this!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That means my Lyn would need Brash Assault in the S slot, because she's -Spd.

Sol Katti gets Brash at ≤75% HP and raises innate Desperation threshold up to ≤75% HP as the special refinement.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Sol Katti gets Brash at ≤75% HP and raises innate Desperation threshold up to ≤75% HP as the special refinement.

That'll help, at least.  That means I can run something more relevant, like Atk +3 (because IMO she needs it).

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is a +Atk/-Def Cherche worth building, or should I wait for a better bane?

If you have the right offensive boons, having the right defensive banes do not really matter.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, is there a consensus on what the best refine options for her and Sanaki are?

Unless you like Ploys, Atk Refinement is better for Cherche.

Sanaki's Refinement depends on her team composition. If she has flying allies, Special Refinement is best. If not, Res Refinement is better.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you have the right offensive boons, defensive banes do not matter.

Unless you like Ploys, Atk Refinement is better for Cherche.

Sanaki's Refinement depends on her team composition. If she has flying allies, Special Refinement is best. If not, Res Refinement is better.

Thank you very much!

I just spent all my Dew on thr Askr Trio, so I'll look forward to refining these two once I've saved some up.

36 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you very much!

I just spent all my Dew on thr Askr Trio, so I'll look forward to refining these two once I've saved some up.

The ATK refine gives only +1 ATK, hardly worth the dew if she isn't on your core team. A +1 merge would have the same effect (but only 1 HP added) and costs "only" 20k feathers. 

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The ATK refine gives only +1 ATK, hardly worth the dew if she isn't on your core team. A +1 merge would have the same effect (but only 1 HP added) and costs "only" 20k feathers. 

Well, +1 Atk on a brave weapon is basically equal to +2 Atk on an ordinary weapon.

9 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What's the best boon/bane for Brave Ike?

I have 3 now and after the banner closes i will havea choice to make.

[+Def, -Spd] is best in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What's the best boon/bane for Brave Ike?

I have 3 now and after the banner closes i will havea choice to make.

Depends on the build.

His vanilla build with Steady Breath likes +Atk, +Spd, or +Def with -Res. +Atk gives you a bit more offensive power on the counterattack, +Spd and +Def give you a bit more bulk.

A Distant Counter build also goes with the same boons, but can also go -HP depending on how often you expect him to deal with mages.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

*fistbumps*

My 40+1 is full neutral, the other 2 are +Def-Spd. Should go with one of them right? Or is it for a high investment build?

Just his vanilla set with Quick Riposte on either the B slot or Sacred Seal slot.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I can't decide if Sigurd should have Moonbow, Luna, Bonfire, or Ignis.

I'm also indecisive on if Gunthra should have Death Blow or Fury

Bonfire as he'll process quite a large amount.

Fury for Gunnthra as it not only boosts her offensive stars, but also her defensive. That way you can take a hit at the beginning of the battle

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Bonfire as he'll process quite a large amount.

Fury for Gunnthra as it not only boosts her offensive stars, but also her defensive. That way you can take a hit at the beginning of the battle

Thanks, helps with the decision easier.

BTW nice avatar

I just cleaned my barracks out of literally all the fodder (so many combat manuals), and I found two units of note: Male Corrin (+Def -Res) and Soleil (+Spd -Res).

Corrin, who at 5* his current nature is (+Atk -HP), I intend to make into a heavy support character for a Chrom (+Atk -Res) with a Spectrum Bond refined Falchion, so maybe his offensive performance won't matter more than his defensive performance. Soleil, meanwhile, has been serving as a hard-hitting Armor murderer with a (+Atk -Res) nature, and while I'm sure that one-hit goodness won't be as pronounced with a +Spd nature, it combined with the Chill Spd and Swift Sparrow she already have should improve her non-armor performance considerably, though it should be noted that Chill Spd and Swift Sparrow together do make for one fast Soleil as-is.

What I wanna know, would it be worth overwriting the nature of my current M!Corrin and Soleil? This isn't exactly the same as a "who should I promote next?" question, as I already used up 20k feathers and know what I wanna promote next, but rather if I should set aside these specific natured copies before I do something stupid and turn them into combat manuals to.

I can't seem to find the option to increase the star rating of my manuals. I thought that was a feature. Am I just missing it?

Nevermind; found it.

Edited by Mercakete

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Unless your Sigurd is -Spd, Sigurd should go with Moonbow. Sigurd is too fast to activate Bonfire consistently if he does not have -Spd.

Without Desperation Sacred Seal, Gunnthrá is better off with Death Blow right now and go for one shot builds since she cannot rely on Spd and Desperation for sustainability. You can run Desperation on the B slot, but that mean Gunnthrá will need to rely on her teammates more for debuffing the enemy.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I just cleaned my barracks out of literally all the fodder (so many combat manuals), and I found two units of note: Male Corrin (+Def -Res) and Soleil (+Spd -Res).

Corrin, who at 5* his current nature is (+Atk -HP), I intend to make into a heavy support character for a Chrom (+Atk -Res) with a Spectrum Bond refined Falchion, so maybe his offensive performance won't matter more than his defensive performance. Soleil, meanwhile, has been serving as a hard-hitting Armor murderer with a (+Atk -Res) nature, and while I'm sure that one-hit goodness won't be as pronounced with a +Spd nature, it combined with the Chill Spd and Swift Sparrow she already have should improve her non-armor performance considerably, though it should be noted that Chill Spd and Swift Sparrow together do make for one fast Soleil as-is.

What I wanna know, would it be worth overwriting the nature of my current M!Corrin and Soleil? This isn't exactly the same as a "who should I promote next?" question, as I already used up 20k feathers and know what I wanna promote next, but rather if I should set aside these specific natured copies before I do something stupid and turn them into combat manuals to.

For M!Corrin, I would look for a [+Spd, -Res] instead. M!Corrin has enough Spd where preventing doubles is more important than taking less damage per hit. In fact, Spd stacking a [+Spd, -Def] will allow M!Corrin to survive more easily than Def stacking with [+Def, -Res].

For Soleil, I assume she is running Armorsmasher. If that is the case, I recommend running +Spd with Desperation on the B slot for better sustainability.

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Sigurd should take Moonbow for single-round activation unless you're running the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

Gunnthra depends on what you're using her for and a bit on her nature. Death Blow increases her one-hit kill potential. Fury improves the number of opponents you can double and hit with Ploys.