Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, AuraGuardianR said:

Would it be worth to give Olivia Noontime so she can survive a bit more? I know she shouldn't be fighting anything other than greens or maybe some weaker reds if she has Swordbreaker, but I don't know who to give Noontime to otherwise.

EDIT: Is there anyone who would appreciate Axebreaker from Laslow if no-one really wants Noontime?

I don't really know anything about who wants what, other than everyone wants Moonbow p much

Units I want to keep/use (other than Palla/Camilla, I'm using them fr my flier team rn):

Reveal hidden contents

58f0bbd4661b2_Screenshot_20170414-1253021.thumb.png.dc7305fb1f9ee51d3f2e462bf764592d.png

Units I don't mind losing:

Reveal hidden contents

58f0bbe076b80_Screenshot_20170414-1253131.thumb.png.a36fd79c9b90385f1450a5d4761e04ed.png58f0bbeb7a35e_Screenshot_20170414-1253181.thumb.png.828dadc47e43be2b730cced139c63960.png

Moonbow and Noontime are a bit underwhelming, actually. If you have limted resources to work with, try not to give Olivia anything really, since she shouldn't be seeing any combat if you're using her correctly. Moonbow is techically the best for her in a vacuum, however.

Axebreaker is one of the lower tier Weaponbreakers, since axe users aside from Hector are somewhat rarer and weaker defensively compared to red or blue units in general. While I wouldn't personally recommend it, Noontime can be used to offset Fury recoil and/or maintain high HP uptime for skills like Wary Fighter, a Weaponbreaker, or even Quick Riposte, especially when combined with a passive regen skill like Falchion's Renewal. Make no mistake, neither it nor Sol are for tanking.

Which units would you like to use, aside from your flier team? Sharena, Nowi, and Effie are all considered pretty excellent for Arena when promoted, but I'm not aware if you have the feathers for it. Just a suggestion though.

If you don't mind running with one less flier, Michalis is a good candidate for Moonbow, since Hauteclere reduces the CD to 1. Bonfire is preferred if you have access to Quick Riposte, however. Moonbow is among the weaker skills if your unit does not proc it every round of combat, since Moonbow at full charge is inefficent compared to, say, Luna or Bonfire. Draconic Aura is usually the better pick in these cases.

Hope this helped. If you want advice for a specific build on a unit, checking the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread is also a great place to ask for a second opinion.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Axebreaker is one of the lower tier Weaponbreakers, since axe users aside from Hector are somewhat rarer and weaker defensively compared to red or blue units in general. While I wouldn't personally recommend it, Noontime can be used to offset Fury recoil and maintain high HP uptime, especially when combined with a passive regen skill like Falchion's renewal. Make no mistake, neither it nor Sol are for tanking.

Which units would you like to use, aside from your flier team? Sharena, Nowi, and Effie are all considered pretty excellent for Arena when promoted, but I'm not aware if you have the feathers for it. Just a suggestion though.

I currently have my arena team as Cordelia, Y Tiki, Ephraim and Hector, though I swap Cordelia for Nino when doing offense.

I have Nowi trained up and she has TA 3, but I need to get 19,000 feathers to upgrade her... Also need someone to give her Swordbreaker, though I could give her Quick Riposte from Klein too.

I do also need Lancebreaker from Arthur for Ephraim, but that'll take forever with the rate you get feathers at...

So no-one really appreciates Axebreaker? I was thinking Michalis could use it to deal with Hector and win vs Minerva etc if he had Moonbow.

3 minutes ago, AuraGuardianR said:

So no-one really appreciates Axebreaker? I was thinking Michalis could use it to deal with Hector and win vs Minerva etc if he had Moonbow.

Axebreaker just doesn't have as relevant coverage compared to the others. Both Michalis and Nowi work great with Quick Riposte, but of course only one of them can take it. I'd give it to Nowi since Michalis might not see much more use when the rotation switches at the end of the season, but it's up to you.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does Lucina benefit from having Smite, Dance, or Reposition  the most?

Dance is exclusive to Olivia and Ninian. Smite works great with any armored units on your team, while Reposition is good for general use. My Lucina personally runs Reposition.

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Which would you think is better Ardent Sacrifice or Reposition?

Depends on if your Lucina wants to proc a certain skill by dropping below an HP threshold, like Desperation. Overall I find Reposition to be more useful though.

And keep your extra Olivia's, if only for passing down Hone Atk.

Hello everyone! I have updated the OP once again with the new skills from World of Shadows. Changes include:

• Added Bow Experience, Firesweep Bow, Fortress Defense, Hit and Run, and Windsweep to the list of 5* exclusive skills.
  • Added Windsweep to the list of skills that cannot be inherited by staff users--credit to @DehNutCase for checking this.
  • Added Hit and Run to the list of skills that cannot be inherited by 2-range units.
  • Moved Wo Dao to the list of 5* exclusive skills, as Karel is not available at 4*.

As always, post your questions here!

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:
  • Moved Wo Dao to the list of 5* exclusive skills, as Karel is not available at 4*--confirmation needed.

I mean, you could just check the list of characters available for summoning in-game and note that Karel is not listed in the 4-star section.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, you could just check the list of characters available for summoning in-game and note that Karel is not listed in the 4-star section.

Forgot about this, actually. Thanks! I'll make sure for next time.

2 B-slot questions: Felicia and Olivia. I remember someone, might have been eclipse, mentioning how Seal Speed on a Silver Dagger thief would be pretty good. Problem is that she'll be limited to hitting anyone who can't counter back with physical attacks. Might be better on Jakob, but he has Renewal already which I kind of need because he has -Def.

Didn't find much in this thread and the Skill Inheritance Discussion for Olivia other than Escape Route -- don't have a 4* Cecilia at the moment --, Renewal -- no Fae; will need to level up a Lissa to at least get Renewal 2 --, or Wings of Mercy -- 1 spare 4* Cain. Other skills are fine since Olivia can handle herself in combat and sometimes needs to like if you're leveling her up. While she's on the subject, anything for her A-slot, weapon, and special? I remember someone saying Luna or Moonbow are good for her and Ruby Sword for some reason. Can't she just keep her Silver Sword and be given T-Adept?

Edit: Yep, it was @eclipse.

Oh, yeah, I have a Jaffar... Oh, wait, that would be an Ephraim situation because he has Threaten Speed, so never mind. Gaius could use it, but he might die while Matthew and Saizo already have a B-slot.

Edited by Kaden

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I remember someone saying Luna or Moonbow are good for her and Ruby Sword for some reason. Can't she just keep her Silver Sword and be given T-Adept?

Silver Sword+ with Triangle Adept 3 is equivalent to Ruby Sword+ and Atk +3, which means Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 is arguably superior to Silver Sword+ with Triangle Adept 3. (Same comparison exists with Silver Sword and Ruby Sword without the 5-star plus-sign.)

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Silver Sword+ with Triangle Adept 3 is equivalent to Ruby Sword+ and Atk +3, which means Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 is arguably superior to Silver Sword+ with Triangle Adept 3. (Same comparison exists with Silver Sword and Ruby Sword without the 5-star plus-sign.)

So, unless you're really strong like Cherche or Effie and want to cover two colors: advantaged and neutral, units like Olivia should stick to fighting against WTD units with T-Adept in some shape or form, preferably a gem weapon, mitigating their damage against WTD units. That's the gist of it, right? Also, that and since I don't have a Roy, I cannot give T-Adept 3 in the first place to Olivia, but I could give her Ruby Sword and Moonbow from Palla which would be better since her A-slot would be free, she'd be able to get Fury 3 or whatever I want, and finally, Renewal can mitigate Fury's self-damage.

I think I might have a plan for Olivia now. Welp, looks like more people are getting Soul Edge. Seriously, the Ruby Sword looks like Soul Edge in Soul Calibur IV.

Thanks, Ice Dragon.

Edited by Kaden

Random question, but I just got Azura, and I'm finding that her lance isn't super helpful, as I never seem to have a problem taking out sword users. I have a unit with Brave Lance+, that I'm not using...would Brave Lance + be good on her, or is that a bad idea? If it is, what should I give her? Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Random question, but I just got Azura, and I'm finding that her lance isn't super helpful, as I never seem to have a problem taking out sword users. I have a unit with Brave Lance+, that I'm not using...would Brave Lance + be good on her, or is that a bad idea? If it is, what should I give her? Thanks!

Dancers/singers are meant to survive as much as possible so I don't think dropping her speed by 5 with a Brave Lance is a good idea. That and Brave Lance's double effect is only on player phase anyway where you should be singing.

Sapphire Lance at least has the benefit of raising her defenses against the more powerful sword users. You don't her near axes anyway so the drop in defense agains greens shouldn't be that big of an issue.

if you HAD to change her lance for some reason, maybe a Killer Lance with Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl for quick defensive skill activation? Or even Draconic Aura since she has good offense that she can proc when she is being attacked in melee. Or Moonbow.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Dancers/singers are meant to survive as much as possible so I don't think dropping her speed by 5 with a Brave Lance is a good idea. That and Brave Lance's double effect is only on player phase anyway where you should be singing.

Sapphire Lance at least has the benefit of raising her defenses against the more powerful sword users. You don't her near axes anyway so the drop in defense agains greens shouldn't be that big of an issue.

if you HAD to change her lance for some reason, maybe a Killer Lance with Escutcheon/Sacred Cowl for quick defensive skill activation? Or even Draconic Aura since she has good offense that she can proc when she is being attacked in melee.

Hmm, alright. I mean, I don't have to change it, but it's just so far the lance hasn't really seemed super helpful, as I don't run into greens often. So, I was just wondering if a different lance would be better on her. What other kind of specials would you recommend for her? And I'm trying to find a good B slot skill for her, any ideas? 

Thanks again! I don't know her really well, as I just got her today, so this really helps.

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hmm, alright. I mean, I don't have to change it, but it's just so far the lance hasn't really seemed super helpful, as I don't run into greens often. So, I was just wondering if a different lance would be better on her. What other kind of specials would you recommend for her? And I'm trying to find a good B slot skill for her, any ideas? 

Thanks again! I don't know her really well, as I just got her today, so this really helps.

Definitely Wings of Mercy for B skill, so she can teleport to an injured unit and let them move again with Sing.

Maybe Moonbow could be an all around special.

HP+5 and Speed +3 could be options for A slot to help survivability, and simlarly, HP+3 or Speed +1 Sacred skills. Her HP is low so any HP added helps.

That said, I don't have an Azura either so I'm just theorycrafting.

As someone who has gone against Azuras a lot, i hated it when I only have a red unit left against Azura with a Sapphire Lance because sometimes i can't even deal any damage at all to her. So default Sapphire Lance works for her.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Definitely Wings of Mercy for B skill, so she can teleport to an injured unit and let them move again with Sing.

Maybe Moonbow could be an all around special.

HP+5 and Speed +3 could be options for A slot to help survivability, and simlarly, HP+3 or Speed +1 Sacred skills. Her HP is low so any HP added helps.

That said, I don't have an Azura either so I'm just theorycrafting.

As someone who has gone against Azuras a lot, i hated it when I only have a red unit left against Azura with a Sapphire Lance because sometimes i can't even deal any damage at all to her. So default Sapphire Lance works for her.

Thanks, this is all really helpful. Even if it's just theorycrafting, as I'm not so good with some units and planning haha. Unfortunately, I gave my only Wings of Mercy to my main healer. Now, I'm replacing her on my main team with Azura, but I'm not sure I want to kill her off or anything lol. I know it's not the same, but Escape Route, maybe? She can't TP over to people, but it could help her run away in a pinch..at least till I get another Wings of Mercy unit. What do you think? 

Yeah Escape Route can work, that was Ninina's niche before skill inheritance. At least you can have someone with half health use Reciprocal Aid on Azura or something.

Otherwise maybe Renewal if you don't have Escape Route for now. Or a breaker skill like Lancebreaker so lancers can't double you and you can maybe KO them.

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, mcsilas said:

Yeah Escape Route can work, that was Ninina's niche before skill inheritance. At least you can have someone with half health use Reciprocal Aid on Azura or something.

Otherwise maybe Renewal if you don't have Escape Route for now.

Nah, I have Escape Route, so I think I will just give her that, at least in till I get another Wings of Mercy unit to kill off for her lol. Thanks again for the help. :)

Maybe I'm late but here are my thoughts.
Azura already comes with the sapphire lance+ and has a base 34 attack, her RES is a good 28 at neutral and her base speed is found in the middle ground of 33 points (without the +3 speed) and this means she's only doubled by the fastest characters but doesn't double anyone important too.
With Wings of Mercy, Azura can teleport and save some allies but with a dancer team I found rare the occasions where my heroes are surrounded by units they can't take on.
On the other side, many red units are now running sword-breaker due to red meta, which can hurt your own swordsman if you're not running sword-breaker yourself.
This task can easily be thrown at Azura instead simply because Dancer teams have really high mobility.
I have both skills at my disposal ( WoM and SB) and by my experience as an Azura player since day one, SB if far superior due to the low damage she takes and the heavy damage she can deliver to sword units. With SB your can literally just have her positioned in the range of a red sword unit while dancing someone and you can take for granted that they are deleted on enemy phase. Next turn you are free to go dance someone else while the enemies number is reduced by one.  
For defense teams WoM if superior tough as the AI just turns on the KILL KILL mode.

@Jason Funderburker, slight correction, Azura's neutral base attack is 31. It's only 34 if she has attack boon, you gave her Attack +3 if she's got neutral attack, etc. If her neutral was 34, then she could be a monster dancer with attack boon probably at the cost of being hilariously frail or something.

So just to clarify the Quadsuna build consisting of 

Brave Bow+

Ardent Sacrifice

Moonbow/Luna

Life/Death 3

Desperation 3

Threaten Speed 3

This build is the most maunstream build for Quadsuna or is there another more effective way of building her? Mine is a +atk/-res variant at +3 merge.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

So just to clarify the Quadsuna build consisting of 

Brave Bow+

Ardent Sacrifice

Moonbow/Luna

Life/Death 3

Desperation 3

Threaten Speed 3

This build is the most maunstream build for Quadsuna or is there another more effective way of building her? Mine is a +atk/-res variant at +3 merge.

That's pretty much it, exactly, save for the Assist and Special. Setsuna's default HP is 37 as a 5*, though depending on the merge level she could have at most 41. If she has 40 HP or less, Ardent Sacrifice will proc Desperation guaranteed, but with 41 you will want Reciprocal Aid instead, either on her or another unit.

Second, checking the damage between Luna and Draconic Aura, the latter adds about 12 damage before buffs or merges, while the former adds the same amount against units with 24 or more Def, which is close to the average of most unit's defenses. Take Luna.

On another note, running Spd support on another unit on your team may be preferred over her running a debuff. Keeping Threaten Spd or replacing it is your call, though, since it's not at all a bad choice.

EDIT: Reciprocal Aid / Ardent Sacrifice **shouldn't** matter, no matter the merge level. Apologies.

Edited by MrSmokestack