Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, AW91 said:

@MrSmokestack:

Ok, so Eldigan isn´t that good, I guess? How can I find out, what +/- are good on what hero? I don´t want to ask everytime here...^^

I have Catria twice(4* + 5*) - will lvl her up ASAP(how is fast lvling possible - guess in the practicetower?)

I found out, that following heroes have Pivot:

Cherche + Eirika + Marth / I have a unit, called Zelcher[3*](but this looks exact the same as Cherche).

I´m so happy, that you guys are here to help out - I feel really dumb^^

How does this inherating work? When I have give one skill to Hector for example, can I give another to him, so the first skill will be overwritten?

Oh no, Eldigan isn't bad at all--quite contrary, in fact! With a +Def variance and Fury equipped, Eldigan has 40 defense, one of the highest defenses in the game. However, I chose to keep Lucina over him because Hector works fine as a tank already, and your team would appreciate the coverage against dragons that Lucina provides. Eldigan does have 3 mov over Lucina, though, so you could pick either and your team would still be fine.

Have you maxed out your castle upgrades? It costs roughly 22 orbs to fully upgrade, and upon doing so your units will overall recieve doubled experience from any enemy unit they defeat. This is excellent for getting low-leveled units up to par with the rest of your army. Not only that, but the starter support event going on right now also gives an additional 1.5x exp bonus, which stacks with any experience upgrades you have made to your castle. This is the best time to get training if you haven't already!

As for inheriting skills, you go to Allies --> Advanced Growth --> Inherit Skill, and choose a "target unit", the slot on the left, and a "source unit", the slot on the right. The source unit can give up to three of their skills (they do not need to be learned by the unit, they only need the appropriate * rarity to unlock them) to the target unit and, once inheritance is complete, the source unit will be sent home. There is no limit to the amount of skills a unit can inherit, only that they can only inherit three skills at a time from one source unit. Of course, you can't equip two skills that occupy the same slot at the same time, but skills can never be permanently removed or overwritten otherwise. Keep in mind that inherited skills cannot be equipped right away; they must be learned for 1.5x the usual SP cost before they can be equipped. There's more information on skill inheritance restrictions in the OP, so I would take a look at that as well.

Hope this helped!

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another person here with a Hector questions. I just don't want to f*ck him up, since I never expected to ever draw him ever. Looking for maybe something fun to play both in Arena and PvE.

Should I stick with Vantage + Pivot? or Wings of Mercy instead of Vantage?

What about getting a different C - Skill, or not and just invest in Pavise?

My set team so far is Olivia, Kagero/Jeorge, and Reinhardt/Cordelia (depending if I want archer/dagger or magic/lance)

5 minutes ago, komasa said:

Another person here with a Hector questions. I just don't want to f*ck him up, since I never expected to ever draw him ever. Looking for maybe something fun to play both in Arena and PvE.

Should I stick with Vantage + Pivot? or Wings of Mercy instead of Vantage?

What about getting a different C - Skill, or not and just invest in Pavise?

My set team so far is Olivia, Kagero/Jeorge, and Reinhardt/Cordelia (depending if I want archer/dagger or magic/lance)

I think Vantage + Pivot is probably the best on him. Wings of Mercy is much more situational and if anything, would fair better on a defence team. Kagero/Jeorge are one-shot units that shouldn't really get retaliated upon. Olivia is almost always used for dancing I presume. Reinhardt/Cordelia are also heavily offensive and want to take out a unit in one turn without getting counterattacked. This wouldn't really let you activate Wings of Mercy very often.

As for a C-skill, it depends on what your other units have mostly as C-skills, since you generally don't want two units with the same Hone skills since they overwrite eachother. You could take Threaten Def + Pavise also I'd say. Moonbow/Draconic Aura are also good options on him. 

I was told to try this here, so...

I'm running:

Eirikia, a 5 star with -atk +spd.

Ninian, a 5 star, +spd - red.

Tharja, a 4 star, -atk +def.

Nowi, a 4 star, -atk, +spd.

It works well even without skill inheritance, but it's past time to up my game and give out some skills.

I'm not crazy for vengeance on Tharja. She's either at full health or dead for me, so I don't see what's so great about it. With her being -atk, she needs a boost. I've thought of using Moonbow or Glimmer, but most of the pro's swear by vengeance. I don't get it. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to best use repositioning, and thinking of putting Draw back on Eirika and/or Nowi to better protect Tharja.

My biggest obstacle now is high res blue unit, though I think that's going to need a new pull more than a skill setup. Still, I've been wrong before. I'd very much like some thoughts on these. Thank you for your time!

anyone have advice on who and what to inherit? 

I have Nino, Marth, Lucina, Camilla, Lucius, Tiki Young and old, Corrin, Effie, Sharena, Olivia, Ephraim, Eli, Eirka and the best red mage, forget her name. All of them are 5*. 

Who should I focus inheritance on and what skills? I am especially debating that Iota Shield or whatever that negates disadvantages. 

Edited by Jman1115

Is a -spd/+res Young TIki salvageable with skill inheritance? I kept her around on my team as a Hector killer but her low spd was a pretty big liability against other heroes because she would get doubled. Would giving her sword breaker help at all? Seems like she might do a bit better against all the Falchions running around.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh no, Eldigan isn't bad at all--quite contrary, in fact! With a +Def variance and Fury equipped, Eldigan has 40 defense, one of the highest defenses in the game. However, I chose to keep Lucina over him because Hector works fine as a tank already, and your team would appreciate the coverage against dragons that Lucina provides. Eldigan does have 3 mov over Lucina, though, so you could pick either and your team would still be fine.

Have you maxed out your castle upgrades? It costs roughly 22 orbs to fully upgrade, and upon doing so your units will overall recieve doubled experience from any enemy unit they defeat. This is excellent for getting low-leveled units up to par with the rest of your army. Not only that, but the starter support event going on right now also gives an additional 1.5x exp bonus, which stacks with any experience upgrades you have made to your castle. This is the best time to get training if you haven't already!

As for inheriting skills, you go to Allies --> Advanced Growth --> Inherit Skill, and choose a "target unit", the slot on the left, and a "source unit", the slot on the right. The source unit can give up to three of their skills (they do not need to be learned by the unit, they only need the appropriate * rarity to unlock them) to the target unit and, once inheritance is complete, the source unit will be sent home. There is no limit to the amount of skills a unit can inherit, only that they can only inherit three skills at a time from one source unit. Of course, you can't equip two skills that occupy the same slot at the same time, but skills can never be permanently removed or overwritten otherwise. Keep in mind that inherited skills cannot be equipped right away; they must be learned for 1.5x the usual SP cost before they can be equipped. There's more information on skill inheritance restrictions in the OP, so I would take a look at that as well.

Hope this helped!

Good morning!

I´m working on it, that all of my 5* have lvl 40, so I can decide whatever, whenever I need(but Fury always take -2 life after attacking and that´s... bad I guess)...

Yep, it´s all upgraded, after I had lvled on normal way my Hector, Lucina and so on... I found out the castle upgrades after that^^

I learned Hector now the pivot skill and it works well(but only, if Hector is near to the unit, he should pass).

And I understand, HOW the inheriting work - but I don´t know, what unit should have what skills and so^^

Thanks for explaining the skill-thing, so I could inherite Hector like about 300 skills, but they must be learned to the cost of 1.5x SP and after that, I can decide what skill he should have? The other skills won´t remove?

Thanks and I´ll read the OP.

Sooo let see... 

if I want to sacrifice Camilla (Example) for Brave Axe..

It's better to sacrifce like a 4* Raven for Brave Axe..

Then in Camilla case I inherit Brave Axe+/Savage Blow 2&3. (Say I already inherit SB1)

I have updated the OP once again, with the new skills introduced in the Spring Festival event. Of note, Axe Experience is exclusive to Axe units (WOW NO ONE SAW THAT COMING) and Staff units cannot inherit Swift Sparrow.

Now for more questions:

On 3/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, bookwormbabe29 said:

I was told to try this here, so...

I'm running:

Eirikia, a 5 star with -atk +spd.

Ninian, a 5 star, +spd - red.

Tharja, a 4 star, -atk +def.

Nowi, a 4 star, -atk, +spd.

It works well even without skill inheritance, but it's past time to up my game and give out some skills.

I'm not crazy for vengeance on Tharja. She's either at full health or dead for me, so I don't see what's so great about it. With her being -atk, she needs a boost. I've thought of using Moonbow or Glimmer, but most of the pro's swear by vengeance. I don't get it. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to best use repositioning, and thinking of putting Draw back on Eirika and/or Nowi to better protect Tharja.

My biggest obstacle now is high res blue unit, though I think that's going to need a new pull more than a skill setup. Still, I've been wrong before. I'd very much like some thoughts on these. Thank you for your time!

From the looks of it, you have a pretty solid buff team, complete with a dancer, though the weakness to high-resistance blue units is fairly accentuated, as you mentioned. I used to struggle with bulky blues like Nowi until I started running Nino on my teams. What other green units do you have access to?

If you have a unit that can give Nowi Triangle Adept, I would recommend promoting her to 5*, as +Spd is fantastic and she doesn't lose out on any important KO's with even a -Atk roll. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Tharja, though neither of their rolls are at all ideal. Tharja can't make much use of special skills due to her default tome, but Luna / Moonbow are good choices; Vengeance is only doing its maximum damage when she's at 1 HP with a +HP roll, which almost never happens in an actual game. Since you have a dancer, I would also pass Draw Back to Tharja rather than Eirika, since ranged and mounted units can use it more safely.

19 hours ago, Jman1115 said:

anyone have advice on who and what to inherit? 

I have Nino, Marth, Lucina, Camilla, Lucius, Tiki Young and old, Corrin, Effie, Sharena, Olivia, Ephraim, Eli, Eirka and the best red mage, forget her name. All of them are 5*. 

Who should I focus inheritance on and what skills? I am especially debating that Iota Shield or whatever that negates disadvantages. 

Relevant:

On 3/28/2017 at 7:52 AM, MrSmokestack said:

There's a few things you have to consider before asking what skills work on x unit.

Is this for an arena team? Is this for casual? Are you concerned with getting a high score? Or just getting a deathless streak? What skills do you have access to that you can pass to your units? What is the stat spread on your units (+Stat -Stat)? What teammates would you like to run together? What role do you want these units to play on your team? Is is for Arena Offense or Defense?

I can't give a detailed answer unless you provide your own to the above, first.

18 hours ago, Gengar said:

Is a -spd/+res Young TIki salvageable with skill inheritance? I kept her around on my team as a Hector killer but her low spd was a pretty big liability against other heroes because she would get doubled. Would giving her sword breaker help at all? Seems like she might do a bit better against all the Falchions running around.

27 Speed is an awkward speed tier, but given Tiki's role on most teams it's certainly not the worst, compared to, say, -Atk. +Spd is ideal since it ensures she can delete any Hector regardless of their speed roll--his max speed is 28--but she was taking single-digit damage from him in the first place, so it's not a huge concern. What other teammates is she running with?

I would definitely advise against running Swordbreaker on Young Tiki, though. She cannot check Falchions at all since they OHKO her on the counterattack. Nowi and Corrin (F) make much better use of it, alongside Triangle Adept, since they take slightly over double digit damage from the Falchions at worst, and can ORKO even with a -Atk roll. Tagging @Ryu Yuki as he is much more knowledgeable on the subject of dragon kindergartners than I am.

8 hours ago, Posaydal said:

I recently got a +HP/-Spd Minerva. Is there anything I can build with her, or is the -spd a dealbreaker?

With Life and Death equipped, Minerva still hits 35 speed at -Spd, although her niche revolves around being a flying green with high offenses on both ends that can even tank an arrow from full health with Sacred Cowl. Who else is on your team? If you have archers covered, you can still get some good use out of her by passing Moonbow from Odin or Palla, as she will always proc it on a counterattack with Hauteclere lowering the CD to 1.

5 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Sooo let see... 

if I want to sacrifice Camilla (Example) for Brave Axe..

It's better to sacrifce like a 4* Raven for Brave Axe..

Then in Camilla case I inherit Brave Axe+/Savage Blow 2&3. (Say I already inherit SB1)

Yes, you can have a unit inherit different levels of a skill from different units, so long as the perquisite skills have been inherited.

As always, if you have any questions about skill inheritance, please post them here! Questions involving specific unit builds can also be posed over at the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread.

@MrSmokestack Thanks for the heads-up, I'll try to see what I can do for this person.

20 hours ago, Gengar said:

Being totally honest, having -Spd on Young Tiki is pretty damaging to her. Her speed tier isn't amazing, but it's within the range where having a bane or boost can make a huge difference in who can and can't double her. But I wouldn't say it completely cripples her; whether she's -Spd or not, she's still the same Young Tiki who has a fat base stat total, and she's still capable of getting a lot of work done. In your case, you'll probably have to put in a slight bit more effort into making her work, but it can still be done. 

How you want to build her really depends on your team composition. Since I don't know what the rest of your team looks like, I'll just throw in some general advice that you might want to consider. If you want, you can give me your team later if you want my personal opinion on how Young Tiki can be best used on your team.

Obviously, one of the most glaring problems you'll have to deal with is your Young Tiki's 27 Spd. It's low enough that you will get doubled often enough, so unfortunately you can't use her as a general tank to everything and their mother (You really need +Spd and something that's not -Def or -Res to consider that). But if you're careful about using her, there are certain roles she can still do quite excellently despite this particular handicap. One such suggestion is using her as a Green-Killer. If you use her specifically for the purposes of murdering every other green unit, your particular Y!Tiki can still do quite the excellent job at it, and her +Res actually complements the build very well in that regard. If you're willing to throw Triangle Adept at your Young Tiki's way, this is going to mean that any axe-user is going to need a minimum of 54 Atk to deal a single point of damage. At that point, it really doesn't matter what your Tiki's speed is anymore. Barely anyone will ever reach that milestone without heavy buffing, and those that do manage to do so will only inflict a meager amount of damage for all their efforts anyway. More often than not, axe-users capable of reaching such heights are armored units that are slower than a -Spd Tiki anyway. So on that front, Young Tiki is quite capable of dealing with axe-users and you don't really need any further investment besides the initial Triangle Adept. If you're willing to give Adult Tiki's Lightning Breath+ to Young Tiki, then you'll also be able to extend this build to murdering green tome-users. With Lightning Breath+, Young Tiki will have an in-built Distant Counter that will always allow her to hit back regardless of the range. So you can use her to bait green tome-users without much difficulty. With your particular +Res Young Tiki, a green tome-user will need 54 (Your Young Tiki's Def and Res are the same mind you) Atk to deal yet another single point of damage. It's going to take serious firepower to scratch your Young Tiki at that point. And if you slap something like Green Tomebreaker on your Tiki, she will quite literally be capable of one-rounding every green tome-user in the game, with no exceptions (Besides Julia) while taking a steady 0 damage in return. These calculations assume the tome-users are 40+10 and somehow have both +Atk and +Res at the same time, mind you. No one but Julia can scratch you without being buffed externally or having some very specific build. Your biggest threat will indeed be Julia however, as she can be quite painful when initiating an attack due to her Naga's dragon-slaying shenanigans. Still, neutral Julia will deal about 12 damage to your Tiki with a TA, and if you have Green Tomebreaker, she will be slaughtered in the counterattack. Being a bit more generous and assuming it's a 40+10 +Atk Julia, she will deal 19 damage to your Tiki before being ticked down to 4 HP by Tiki's counterattack. Unfortunately you can't ORKO such a Julia due to Y!Tiki's rather inferior Atk compared to her adult version, but you will deal massive enough damage that quite literally anyone else on your team can finish the job. As you can see, while Julia can tack on some damage, even she won't be much of a match to your Young Tiki should you decide to go with this build. So, if you're willing to use her specifically for the purposes of murdering green units, this is one viable build that can work regardless of your -Spd.

If you don't want to pigeonhole Young Tiki into green-slaying shenanigans, then there are other options available, albeit in limited quantities. If you have a healer on your team, you can give Quick Riposte a try. Young Tiki is definitely tanky enough to survive a hit or two at full health, so she can take full advantage of Quick Riposte's benefits. And by using a healer to restore Young Tiki to full health with something with like Recover/Rehabilitate and Imbue, Young Tiki will immediately be able to abuse the passive once more. As long as you can keep this cycle going, it can work and it's something worth considering. You can also consider Renewal on your Young Tiki, along with movement assists from your teammates. The idea is to use your teammates' movement assists such as Drag Back or Reposition to get Young Tiki out of the enemy's danger zone, and kite them around for a while, so that Young Tiki can consistently go back to full health with enough time. This might be a tad bit hard on certain maps however. Swordbreaker isn't too bad of a suggestion either, although like @MrSmokestack mentioned, it will not save you from Falchion wielders most of the time. Neutral Chrom, +Atk Lucina by herself, and +Atk Marth with one buff are all it takes to one-shot her with relative imputiny. But it can help against other sword-wielders who are all drop-dead common in the game. I'd generally recommend simply running a blue for that purpose, though.

All in all, it'll be hard to use your Y!Tiki as an all-around tank, but you can make her work with some effort. You might want to wait for another Young Tiki banner and simply roll a better one for your current one to be merged to, though. You can use your current Young Tiki in the meantime, but investing too much in her might seem like a waste if you ever plan on rolling for a better one when a hypothetical second Tiki banner comes in.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Thanks @MrSmokestack and @Ryu Yuki for the detailed responses! I've actually never considered the TA build and what it could bring to the table. Unfortunately the most common green units I encounter in arena are Hector which YTiki handles fine even without SI and Julia which ends up pretty strong against her.

My arena team is centered around a core Eirika (+spd/-hp, stock) and Nino (+spd/-res, moonbow) combo and I've been experimenting with YTiki for higher BST or Takumi for more ranged damage. The last slot is filled with whatever bonus hero I have for the season.

The biggest issue I run into are swords and lance wielders who get too close. YTiki can't handle either well especially with Falchion users being pretty common. Eirika is a fantastic support but also lacks the atk needed to really go toe to toe with most swords. She can take a hit on enemy phase but it usually leaves her low.

It's looking like a Sharena with lancebreaker being the best hero to round out my team to deal and provide some bonus synergy to Nino. I really wanted to have a dragon on my team and my last 20 or so pulls have been blue orb only trying to get Ninian and I have yet to pull a single Nowi :(

41 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

So, me and my friend, we just pulled, both of us, a +def -atk Bunny Camilla, and we have no idea which skills to give her. Any ideas?

-raven tome and Triangle Adept.  Then, laugh at archers.

@MrSmokestack @Ryu Yuki
After seeing this discussion about Young Tiki, I'm thinking of using her. Mine is +ATK - HP, so what should her hole in a team be?
Right now I'm running +SPD -HP Lucina (fury2+desperation3), +ATK -SPD Azura(Wings of Mercy+Hone attack), +SPD - RES Camilla ( Emerald Axe, Lance Breaker and Threaten Defense 3) but I would like to try new things.
Other possible 5* team mates I have are +SPD M!Robin+TA3, Lilina +Bowbreaker (also I have a +ATK -DEF 4* one), +DEF - SPD Catria.
As 4*,  Sharena, +SPD -HP Nowi and +HP -SPD Effie.
Any thoughts?

Nowi and Young Tiki have pretty great synergy with one another, since Nowi with Triangle Adept + Swordbreaker can ORKO nearly all reds even with a -Atk roll. I would definitely promote her next when you have the feathers.

However, running the two together makes Julia an even bigger issue, but Young Tiki can combat this somewhat with Triangle Adept / G Tomebreaker, like @Ryu Yuki mentioned, as well as Lightning Breath from an Adult Tiki or another Nowi. It's an expensive build, to be sure, but it's worthwhile since manaketes have high stat totals and thus reap higher scores in arena.

With two distant counter units, there isn't as much of a need for ranged options, so any combination of Lucina / Azura / Camilla can work well to fill the other two slots. If it were up to me, though, I would take Camilla and Lucina for the higher rating and to have an easier time versus opposing blues.

With Camilla / Nowi / Young Tiki, though, you now have three Triangle Adept units, so baiting the AI into bad matchups becomes crucial. You also have to be more mindful of opposing dancers who can attack a manakete with a weapon advantage. Do wait for Ryu Yuki to give you his input before coming to a decision, though.

After sadly wasting all my orbs for spring heroes.  I have good amount of 5* heroes and hero fodder.  So what would you guys and MrSmokestack recommend for good arena team skills for these 5* characters. These are my primary characters I use for 10th stratum and arena. Arena stuff, mainly a combination of 3 of 5 with a "bonus" hero. Lucina(+HP/-ATK) Robin M(+Spd/-Atk), Takumi(+Def/-ATK), Robin F, Cherche[(+HP/-ATK).  Also I got these 5* from orb splurging Ephraim(+atk/-spd), Spring Camilla(-hp/+res), Spring Chrom(-spd/+res), Spring Xander(-def/+res), Spring Xander(+def/-res), Corrin M(+atk/-res) if you recommend any good combinations.

Arena Style fight style wise I prefer to do mainly range attacks with melee characters for clean up. On good streak with bonus character I seem to average over 4000 points.  My weakness are not being able to separate the enemy units well enough so I can pick them off one at time, getting into Ai traps of I lose one character but beat the rest and, Nino.

Resources. I have 150 characters. Including all the characters the game can give you minus one Narcian. So should be able to come up with something. I even have 7 extra Robin M.  So whatever skills you recommend. Let me know and TY in advance.

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Say... What proc skills works nicely on Setsuna?

What are you using her to kill that Klein couldn't? Pick procs that help with that.

Edit: Moonbow is pretty much always good, though. So's Luna since a 3 charge procs in one quad attack.

Edited by DehNutCase

21 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

@MrSmokestack @Ryu Yuki
After seeing this discussion about Young Tiki, I'm thinking of using her. Mine is +ATK - HP, so what should her hole in a team be?
Right now I'm running +SPD -HP Lucina (fury2+desperation3), +ATK -SPD Azura(Wings of Mercy+Hone attack), +SPD - RES Camilla ( Emerald Axe, Lance Breaker and Threaten Defense 3) but I would like to try new things.
Other possible 5* team mates I have are +SPD M!Robin+TA3, Lilina +Bowbreaker (also I have a +ATK -DEF 4* one), +DEF - SPD Catria.
As 4*,  Sharena, +SPD -HP Nowi and +HP -SPD Effie.
Any thoughts?

Sorry, I've been out for the whole day today, so it took me a while to find time for forum browsing. Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, she's definitely worth using if you're willing to invest a bit of time and effort into her. Your nature is pretty good; -HP is arguably the best bane on her, since she's tanky enough to take multiple hits and -Def/-Res can be far more damaging in the long-term. +Atk is also a great boon for her, especially on Triangle Adept + GTB/QR builds. If you read my other post, Young Tiki can fail to secure ORKOs against certain merged Julia(s). However, with a +Atk boon, this is no longer the case. She'll ORKO even a +Res 40+10 Julia, which means that every green tome-user in the game will be one-rounded by you, even if they are the ones initiating the attack and somehow have a double boon +Atk+Res 40+10, although this also assumes they're using only their default skills. I know it might seem ridiculous to account for seemingly unlikely 40+10 match-ups, but trust me, if you run enough manaketes on your team (Like I do), you will run into crazy 40+10 teams and you will inevitably have to plan accordingly for them. Anyway, this is the build I'd recommend for you simply because of how suited your Young Tiki is for the job. Without the +Atk, she can fail to secure kills against certain opposing Julia which is important enough that I'd recommend you to start considering other options.

On a side note, I'd definitely recommend promoting that Nowi. I'm a real huge fan of +SPD/-HP on Y!Tiki and Nowi. Mostly because their speed range isn't amazing but it is high enough that having a +SPD boon would save them from a whole lot of doubles and generally makes them pretty viable for all-around general tanking. -HP is easily their most worthless stat as +3 HP doesn't really make too much of a difference at 40 and all their other stats are way more important. Like @MrSmokestack mentioned, Nowi also makes a good complement to Young Tiki, although you'll have to do Triangle Adept + Swordbreaker to deal with Falchion-users if you don't have another blue in your team. Personally speaking, I don't like having a team that's completely reliant on Triangle Adept, because it's fairly common to run into situations where you can't choose to bait only one unit of your choice (For example, if the enemy has a melee infantry and a tome-user behind that infantry, it can become impossible to bait only one of them specifically because of the tome-user's range). In those situations, Triangle Adept can kind of screw you hard if multiple enemy colors are within your range. So if you do decide to run Nowi, I would suggest keeping Azura around for dealing with Falchion-users. It'll let your Nowi do other things like general-purpose tanking, and you don't have to build her specifically for the purposes of checking 3 particular units in the game. Plus, Nowi is tanky enough that she can take certain green hits relatively well, and even hit them back pretty hard. So having TA on her kind of hurts her viability for being an all-purpose tank (Which is pretty much what I use her for; mine can take hits like a boss). Plus, in addition to being a convenient Falchion-check, Azura's Sing is extremely useful, and gives your team much needed mobility (Manaketes are ultimately infantries with 1-tile attack range, and thus can be kinda slow movement-wise). Having Ninian on my team, I can personally say that being able to grant someone an extra action is extremely useful, either for securing kills or keeping your units from harm's way. Not to mention, while Azura has a low BST, the April Update will apparently make it so that a unit's BST will no longer have such a huge impact on your Arena score, so even score-wise, she will soon be quite viable. As for the final member of your team, I'd definitely suggest Camilla just because she's green and completes your weapon triangle, and also because she has very good mobility as a flier. (You have no idea how inconvenient maps like the lava one are for full-infantry teams)

But enough of that, for the time being, if you want to use Young Tiki, I'd still recommend Azura no matter what, because she seems like your best bet as a Falchion-counter and adds so much mobility to your team. M! Robin might be viable as well if you're willing to slap a Swordbreaker on him, since sword-users are unbelievably common and more importantly I'm pretty sure he can ORKO any Falchion-user with that skill. Either one of those two would work, and Effie could as well if you ever plan on promoting her to 5*. Besides that though, I'd say Lucina and Camilla are must-haves for the other two slots. Lilina is definitely a no-go, mostly because she's a red unit that deals magic damage. Young Tiki is already doing exactly that, so having Lilina on board would just be repetitive. Catria is a decent unit but your particular one has an awkward nature, so M!Robin or Azura seems like the superior option no matter what. I recommend Lucina mostly because she's ridiculously fast and painful, and is an excellent unit for killing both mages and archers. Mages all tend to lean towards having high Res values, so someone like Lucina is very useful for clearing those without hassle. At the very least, Lucina can secure more ORKOs than Young Tiki could in that department. And as for Camilla, her aforementioned mobility as well as the fact she balances out your team are good enough reasons in my book to run her. In this set-up, Tiki is basically there to murder all other green units and tank red hits that Lucina can't. I believe this set-up should be pretty solid, and uses Young Tiki's capabilities rather effectively. Young Tiki can be your go-to bait when you need to lure enemies to you, and Lucina will handle the assassinations. Azura will make sure Lucina can be carried to safety, and Tiki can step in as a wall that soak hits, preventing the more fragile remainder of your team from being killed off. 

If you have any further questions, do feel free to ask. For the time being, hopefully this should be satisfactory enough as an answer for your purposes. Again, sorry that it took me several hours, but I had social obligations to attend to today. In any case, have a good time Hero-ing!

Edited by Ryu Yuki

@MrSmokestack @Ryu Yuki
Thanks for replying. These were really helpful thoughts. It kinda sucks that we have to limit the team mostly to 3 units due to Bonus characters so, if you give up one color you can get really fucked in mono-color defense teams. Tiki+Azura+Camilla seems pretty solid to me even if it's full TA, since Azura can either secure that she kills someone or retreat her back. I actually don't struggle that much in the lava map as I tend to bait someone, kill and retreat. I don't run Camilla with reposition ( it's on Lucina instead), but it can be pretty helpful because she can stand on impassable terrain. Now, it's time to hoard the feathers.