Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Sire said:

He should be able to counter twice with Quick Riposte, even against ranged attacks because Distant Counter is present. The Quick Riposte also helps Hawkeye charge up his special faster too.

As for skills, just let him keep the Threaten Atk so it helps with his survivability. I would give him Reciprocal Aid to try and keep his HP high for Quick Riposte, but it is probably better to just run a healer when using Hawkeye and give him an assist skill of your choice.

So, Hawkeye with a Killer Axe+, Growing Light, (Assist Skill*), Distant Counter*, Quick Riposte*, and Threaten Atk should be viable, especially against Blue units. I don't know if he will be as viable in the Arena due to the number of Reds, but he should be fine for casual play elsewhere. I would also recommend running a healer when using Hawkeye, while he has good DEF & RES, his low SPD has Hawkeye being doubled easily and he will take lots of damage.

Yeah thanks alot.

I am thinking ... maybe get rid of Killer Axe (since it literally takes 5 turns to charge) ... then again.. if you are using Recip/Healer... these 5 turns might come. I figured building a team of 4* units in arena... becausethey MIGHT (might) be easier to get to +10... maybe not because feathers.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Spectraman said:

I know many people might have asked what skills to inherit for these characters but what skills should these characters. 

Hector

Takumi 

Ephraim

Lyn

There's a lot that needs to be addressed first before we can start giving team advice.

Is this for arena? Or is it a general question? What stat spread does each of your units have (+Stat -Stat)? What threats do you want your team to cover? Are there any particular weaknesses your team has that you can identify? If this is for arena, do you want to simply make a deathless run? Or do you want to shoot for high score? If it's the latter, your team will need to switch someone out for a bonus unit this season. Your answers to these wil greatly influence what advice we can offer you.

It is a combination of arena battle and deathless run. Btw the 4 heroes I asked previously, they are not on one team. I just asked about them separately. Especially for Ephraim because I want to somehow cover for his lack of sustaining magic damage due to his poor resistance.

Edited by Spectraman

I have updated the OP once again! This time, I have expanded the section on inheritance restrictions significantly with a complete list of exclusive skills, as well as normal skills that are locked off to Staff users, fliers, and Colorless units. Please read through it again if you are considering adding a staffer onto your team!

As always, if you have questions, please post them here!

9 hours ago, Spectraman said:

It is a combination of arena battle and deathless run. Btw the 4 heroes I asked previously, they are not on one team. I just asked about them separately. Especially for Ephraim because I want to somehow cover for his lack of sustaining magic damage due to his poor resistance.

It's hard to say, without the rest of each one's team for context.

3 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Any advice for which Skill should a Karel Atk+/Def- Inherit? I have been trying to figure out a good combination,but it's quite hard

I'm gonna point to the post above yours, since there's several funny things that he can do, but it'll depend on what you want out of him.

3 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I kinda want to give Niles a Brave Bow, is that a bad idea or a good idea haha? XD

Uhhh. . .

Pros: He'll have not-terrible Speed and a natural 3-turn proc is nice.
Cons: His base Attack is really bad.

I suppose you can make it work with Death Blow and a +Atk/-HP nature.  He wants Iceburg over Glacies, so that he's an actual threat to higher-Def units.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Uhhh. . .

Pros: He'll have not-terrible Speed and a natural 3-turn proc is nice.
Cons: His base Attack is really bad.

I suppose you can make it work with Death Blow and a +Atk/-HP nature.  He wants Iceburg over Glacies, so that he's an actual threat to higher-Def units.

I mean, I really want to use Niles, but the problem I'm having is he's only used really well once he gets his trigger. I know Killer Bow gives the -1 to trigger time, but I figured a Brave Bow would get there just as fast, and also add at least one more attack. That was my thinking for it, anyways haha.

3 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I kinda want to give Niles a Brave Bow, is that a bad idea or a good idea haha? XD

I personally think he's just fine with his natural Killer Bow. Niles has incredibly low attack, so the majority of his damage comes from activating his special. What you COULD do to improve him imo is to exchange Glacies for Iceberg, as @eclipse suggested, because he would benefit greatly from the lower CD. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally think he's just fine with his natural Killer Bow. Niles has incredibly low attack, so the majority of his damage comes from activating his special. What you COULD do to improve him imo is to exchange Glacies for Iceberg, as @eclipse suggested, because he would benefit greatly from the lower CD. 

Hmm, wouldn't Glacies take longer to trigger then Iceberg? I thought getting Niles to trigger as fast as he could was something he needed. Wouldn't Glacies slow him down? Just clarifying lol. XD

4 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I mean, I really want to use Niles, but the problem I'm having is he's only used really well once he gets his trigger. I know Killer Bow gives the -1 to trigger time, but I figured a Brave Bow would get there just as fast, and also add at least one more attack. That was my thinking for it, anyways haha.

You can shoot for a +Spd/-HP one, and give him Fury, because. . .

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

. . .this guy is absolutely right. . .well, if I hadn't screwed up the special attacks.  The one Niles wants is the +80% Res one.  Sorry~!

+Spd and Fury gives him 40 Spd, which doubles a lot of people.  If you throw a Speed buff on him, that's 44 Speed, which doubles EVERYTHING before skills (Speed +3 keeps Lon'qu from being doubled, while +Spd keeps the likes of Lyn/Lucina safe).  He likes Fury because the +3 Res means that his proc will do more damage, the +3 Atk is welcome, and +3 Defense is gravy.

The goal of this is to force Niles to activate his special ASAP, via naturally doubling with a Killer Bow+.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You can shoot for a +Spd/-HP one, and give him Fury, because. . .

. . .this guy is absolutely right. . .well, if I hadn't screwed up the special attacks.  The one Niles wants is the +80% Res one.  Sorry~!

+Spd and Fury gives him 40 Spd, which doubles a lot of people.  If you throw a Speed buff on him, that's 44 Speed, which doubles EVERYTHING before skills (Speed +3 keeps Lon'qu from being doubled, while +Spd keeps the likes of Lyn/Lucina safe).  He likes Fury because the +3 Res means that his proc will do more damage, the +3 Atk is welcome, and +3 Defense is gravy.

The goal of this is to force Niles to activate his special ASAP, via naturally doubling with a Killer Bow+.

Well, hmm, thanks for the help. This may take some time to get done, as I have to get a lot of new characters and get someone to five stars to get Fury lol. But this was helpful. Guess I will have to keep Niles the way he is for a bit. I think I have a +Res Niles. So this will take some time. But I do want a good Niles lol.

Just tested Glimmer on my 5* Gordin... That with Brave Bow+ is just evil... I don't know what "C-Skill" shall I apply on him though. Currently running him with +3 ATK (A-Skill) and Vantage 3 (B-Skill)...

Anyone have a good idea what proc skill shall I place on my Nino? I wanted to make her more Nukey once she activates a special skill.

25 minutes ago, Chelone said:

What about a +Spd Jaffar? I already gave him Poison strike 2. considering Vantage 2, but im not sure if it would do any good.

Hm, since I haven't tested myself, I take it that Poison Strike does, in fact, stack with Deathly Dagger's fixed damage effect?

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hm, since I haven't tested myself, I take it that Poison Strike does, in fact, stack with Deathly Dagger's fixed damage effect?

yep, it does! but it leaves the enemy at 1hp.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Just tested Glimmer on my 5* Gordin... That with Brave Bow+ is just evil... I don't know what "C-Skill" shall I apply on him though. Currently running him with +3 ATK (A-Skill) and Vantage 3 (B-Skill)...

Anyone have a good idea what proc skill shall I place on my Nino? I wanted to make her more Nukey once she activates a special skill.

Gordin: A Hone/Fortify skill, since people should be in his proximity anyway (but may not stay there after the turn ends).
Nino: If you want straight-up damage, Dragon Fang.  For a slightly more consistent version, Dragonic Aura.  She should be doubling most things (you ARE running a speed buffer, right?), so the faster charge time on Dragonic Aura will help a lot more IMO.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Gordin: A Hone/Fortify skill, since people should be in his proximity anyway (but may not stay there after the turn ends).
Nino: If you want straight-up damage, Dragon Fang.  For a slightly more consistent version, Dragonic Aura.  She should be doubling most things (you ARE running a speed buffer, right?), so the faster charge time on Dragonic Aura will help a lot more IMO.

Oooh.... Noted!

Err, how about Cecilia? I am pondering what skills I should slap on her so that she can have a ball with the enemies.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Oooh.... Noted!

Err, how about Cecilia? I am pondering what skills I should slap on her so that she can have a ball with the enemies.

Depends on who else you'll run with her.  She can be a sorta-nuke, but Nino does her job better.

Just now, eclipse said:

Depends on who else you'll run with her.  She can be a sorta-nuke, but Nino does her job better.

I'll be placing her on a different team, maybe a MOV-centric one; with fellow Cavaliers and some fliers in the mix.

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I'll be placing her on a different team, maybe a MOV-centric one; with fellow Cavaliers and some fliers in the mix.

In which case, grab a -blade tome and Dragonic Aura.  The cavalier buffing skills are insane.

21 minutes ago, Frosty said:

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

In which case, grab a -blade tome and Dragonic Aura.  The cavalier buffing skills are insane.

Cecilia with Gronnblade on a proper cavalier team (hone/fortify cavalry) is basically a better Nino in every way but maybe speed (which barely matters since you're OHKOing everything), so I'd definitely go that route. Draconic Aura for is generally the optimal choice on high damage units.