Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Now I'm here looking for some ideas

This is what I've got:

And what I've been thinking about most recently is how cheeky Reposition on a flier would be. Put the flier on an obstacle (mountain, river, lava, etc) and suddenly an adjacent unit jumps over what was previously impassable. Since the unit going over the mountain isn't using pivot on the flier they still have their turn to move or attack which is especially nice. 

I'm thinking Palla with her WOM would be very good at simply throwing units places once they are low on health, but I could also do something with someone like Michalis since he is a bit tankier than Palla. Any optimization suggestions?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Now I'm here looking for some ideas

This is what I've got:

And what I've been thinking about most recently is how cheeky Reposition on a flier would be. Put the flier on an obstacle (mountain, river, lava, etc) and suddenly an adjacent unit jumps over what was previously impassable. Since the unit going over the mountain isn't using pivot on the flier they still have their turn to move or attack which is especially nice. 

I'm thinking Palla with her WOM would be very good at simply throwing units places once they are low on health, but I could also do something with someone like Michalis since he is a bit tankier than Palla. Any optimization suggestions?

It all depends on who you use!  Skills are worthless if you never use a unit!  Reposition on a flier is hilarious, no matter who it is.

Two quick questions. 1. Who would want Pavise? Escutcheon I know has great synergy with Brave weapons -- default Cain is basically this -- and kind of Killer weapons -- Gwendolyn --, but I'm not sure who would really want Pavise or the defensive ranged skills. Leveling up a 1* -- 3* now -- Hana for fun and I don't want any of her skills other than Rally Attack, her obligatory Steel Sword, and Life & Death. I summoned a 4* Draug with -Atk a while back and he can give her a Brave Sword and Pavise or Lunge if I wanted to. Was considering giving Sharena Pavise before.

And 2. Is there a quick check to see if Moonbow/Luna is worth it on a unit over Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang? For example, Sully who doesn't exactly have the highest of attack, but I've been reading that Moonbow and Luna aren't as useful against units with below 30 def or res. Trying to get rid of units and there's a +Def, -Res, 4* Frederick just sitting there making me wonder who would want Luna. Otherwise, using him for Fortify Def +3 is fine.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Two quick questions. 1. Who would want Pavise? Escutcheon I know has great synergy with Brave weapons -- default Cain is basically this -- and kind of Killer weapons -- Gwendolyn --, but I'm not sure who would really want Pavise or the defensive ranged skills. Leveling up a 1* -- 3* now -- Hana for fun and I don't want any of her skills other than Rally Attack, her obligatory Steel Sword, and Life & Death. I summoned a 4* Draug with -Atk a while back and he can give her a Brave Sword and Pavise or Lunge if I wanted to. Was considering giving Sharena Pavise before.

And 2. Is there a quick check to see if Moonbow/Luna is worth it on a unit over Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang? For example, Sully who doesn't exactly have the highest of attack, but I've been reading that Moonbow and Luna aren't as useful against units with below 30 def or res. Trying to get rid of units and there's a +Def, -Res, 4* Frederick just sitting there making me wonder who would want Luna. Otherwise, using him for Fortify Def +3 is fine.

Simple answer:

-Ignore skills with 4 CD or higher.

-Bonfire / Iceberg if unit has 30 Def / Res.

-Moonbow to assist in enemy phase counterkilling, preferably in tandem with a Weaponbreaker / Quick Riposte. Best when it can be used within a single round of combat.

-Draconic Aura if unit has 50 or more Atk.

-Luna if nothing else works.

Long Answer:

Spoiler

Lower CD isn't always better. The choice between either Pavise / Escutcheon and similar split chains depends on what your unit is doing that would require these skills. Just as an example, Moonbow is preferred on units that need to activate it in every round of combat; this can usually be accomplished with the help of a Weaponbreaker or Quick Riposte. Similar to what you mentioned, Hana does have a Brave Sword / Swordbreaker set that instantly charges up Escutcheon, allowing her to take a counter from a sword user that would otherwise be lethal--this combo prevents a lot more counter-KO's than you might think, even with Hana's frailty--and proceed to finish them off with her other two attacks.

However, 3-CD skills like Luna typically net more ORKO's that Moonbow cannot and work better for units that aren't necessarily on the offensive. A good example of this would be a more passive unit like Robin (M). With a Weaponbreaker or Quick Riposte, for the sake of example, he can have Bonfire charged after a single round of combat, which can be used to provide burst against other units that may be problematic to your team.

By extension, picking between either Bonfire or Iceberg is a no-brainer, but throw in Draconic Aura and Luna into the fold and the answer becomes a lot less simple. This does mean you have to run different scenarios in your head, likely with the help of a matchup calculator, and you will need to have defined roles for your units in terms of what they can accomplish, what units they beat normally, and what units they can beat with certain skills up that they could not otherwise.

For example, Reinhardt vs Hector. Normally, Hector wins this matchup without much difficulty, but it becomes a different story if Reinhardt, assuming +Atk and Death Blow, has Draconic Aura ready; he barely nets the ORKO in this situation. However, Luna would miss this KO because of Hector's lower resistance, which reduces the amount of damage added.

How you time your moves plays a critical role in determining whether a lower or higher CD is preferred. Moonbow is inefficient in situations where it will proc in the same round of combat as Luna, simply because less damage is being added to your attack. This comparison applies just as well to Escutcheon and Pavise.

Most importantly, just keep in mind that lower CD is preferred when you are able to use it within a single round of combat, but any longer than that and your other options become more optimal.

Hope this helped. Sorry for the late response.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

There isn't much for me to add that 'ol Smokey hasn't already, but here's a mass damage calculator you can use to check how well different skills work with different characters: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

-Ignore skills with 4 CD or higher.

Absurdly slow units with a Killer Weapon and Quick Riposte can use Ignis or Glacies for an absurd burst on their final hit. Unfortunately, none of the armors except Zephiel are actually that slow, and Zephiel probably wants to keep his Eckesachs.

However, it's something to keep in mind if they ever implement some god-awfully slow armor.

@MrSmokestack, thanks for that and I feel like that should be part of the OP since I know this has been asked a lot. Bonfire/Iceberg and Ignis/Glacies were givens for me since I remember someone talking about it and I've been blessed and perhaps cursed with a lot of units who would love to use Bonfire or Ignis with Tiki showing me the power of it very early on despite Lightning Breath increasing its cooldown by 1.

I did try running some numbers with Sully to check if Luna or Dragonic Aura would be better on her knowing that a unit with much higher attack like Effie would want Dragonic Aura. Similar damage, so, a waste of DA. With Moonbow being scarce for me, I think I'm just going to throw Luna onto Sully. Well, that's 1 unit down out of maybe 30 some that I don't need. 134 units is starting to be a bit much.

Hana probably wants Escutcheon with a Brave Sword despite meaning it won't let me see her ridiculously happy special portrait. Pavise having 1 more cooldown might kill her. Those skills are probably more preferable on units with average to low defense, right? It would help high defense units, but some of them take little to no damage to begin with.

I've never owned a unit with Reprisal or Vengeance, but it might be a risky and powerful special on fragile units. If Hana can survive a hit, Reprisal might let her do a ton of damage. Problem is she's already doing a lot of damage in the first place, so.... yeah. Maybe I should give her Daylight and Sol if I want to see her ridiculously happy face.

@MaskedAmpharos, I tried that a couple days ago. It was scary to see Cherche with a Brave Axe. :p

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hana probably wants Escutcheon with a Brave Sword despite meaning it won't let me see her ridiculously happy special portrait. Pavise having 1 more cooldown might kill her. Those skills are probably more preferable on units with average to low defense, right? It would help high defense units, but some of them take little to no damage to begin with.

I've never owned a unit with Reprisal or Vengeance, but it might be a risky and powerful special on fragile units. If Hana can survive a hit, Reprisal might let her do a ton of damage. Problem is she's already doing a lot of damage in the first place, so.... yeah. Maybe I should give her Daylight and Sol if I want to see her ridiculously happy face.

If you are intent on running an offensive special skill on Hana, use Ardent Sacrifice and Desperation. This will let her safely activate Desperation and erase enemies without fear of counterattack. If you ever intend on getting Hana to +10, use a -HP nature because +10 neutral Hana has 41 HP, which is 1 HP too many to activate Desperation with a single Ardent Sacrifice.

Reprisal and Vengeance are typically too unreliable unless the character has a massive HP pool. You're better off with Draconic Aura.

@Ice Dragon, thanks for the advice. I'm not so sure what I want to do with Hana. She's a special map one, so she's completely average and I've never summoned one on this file, so she's just being leveled up as this happy samurai with a ton of SP waiting to be spent. I'll think what I want to do with her in the future.

Well, since I feel like you're the Selena expert, @DehNutCase, I know Bonfire would be really useful on her, but what weapon should she have that isn't Wo Dao+ if she's not running Moonbow since that seems like a very expensive build and I've never summoned a Karel (yet). I was thinking of Killing Edge to make use of my many crappy boon/bane Lon'qu, but I'm no so sure. If my Selena was +Atk, then I'd be more confident in giving her a Killing Edge, but she's not, she's +Def/-HP, so maybe a Silver Sword would be more useful. That an I only have one spare Tiki left whose Bonfire might be better used for my +Atk, -Res Subaki. I know that I can always summon another Selena one day and hope she gets +Atk, so this Selena can just be awesome skills host if need be. Also, I don't really care for arena much, so I'm not that interested in a very efficient, arena-winning build. Having Selena be a good unit who I can maybe bring on a Lunatic GHB one day would be really fun. She's one of my favorite characters after all. Also, I really want to hear her scream, "LOSER!" when activating a skill.

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, thanks for the advice. I'm not so sure what I want to do with Hana. She's a special map one, so she's completely average and I've never summoned one on this file, so she's just being leveled up as this happy samurai with a ton of SP waiting to be spent. I'll think what I want to do with her in the future.

Well, since I feel like you're the Selena expert, @DehNutCase, I know Bonfire would be really useful on her, but what weapon should she have that isn't Wo Dao+ if she's not running Moonbow since that seems like a very expensive build and I've never summoned a Karel (yet). I was thinking of Killing Edge to make use of my many crappy boon/bane Lon'qu, but I'm no so sure. If my Selena was +Atk, then I'd be more confident in giving her a Killing Edge, but she's not, she's +Def/-HP, so maybe a Silver Sword would be more useful. That an I only have one spare Tiki left whose Bonfire might be better used for my +Atk, -Res Subaki. I know that I can always summon another Selena one day and hope she gets +Atk, so this Selena can just be awesome skills host if need be. Also, I don't really care for arena much, so I'm not that interested in a very efficient, arena-winning build. Having Selena be a good unit who I can maybe bring on a Lunatic GHB one day would be really fun. She's one of my favorite characters after all. Also, I really want to hear her scream, "LOSER!" when activating a skill.

Selena's pretty much always GHB battle viable, armor-slayer, T-adept, and her bulk does work. Just slap on Renewal and she can carry your ass just like Subaki does.

Edit: For swords, Ruby is probably the favorite so you have the A-Slot free.

Selena's main problem is that she wants too much stuff. She wants renewal to be awesome with her bulk, she wants QR to amplify her damage (she doesn't need to worry about doubles if you stat her properly), she wants breakers in case you didn't go all-in on speed. She wants +Atk for the +4 atk, but she also wants +Def or +Res to solidify her bulk even more, even +Spd matters, since you want to keep pace with +Speed Ninos and Lucinas etc. (-Res might be her best negative, but it's a whopping -4 res, so I'm actually thinking about an all in -hp or -atk build, that gives up 1 rounding completely in return for being the fastest wall alive.)

For swords she wants silver for MT, Wo Dao+ for 1RKOs, Ruby for T-Adept. (Armor-slayer's actually decent as a sword, incidentally, it's just that armor's aren't common enough for the MT drop to be worth it.)

And then there's the A-slot, oh god there's the A-slot. She wants Fury 3 or, surprisingly enough, L&D for bulk. Yeah. (Speed matters, she's not slow, but Fury 3 isn't enough against things like +Spd L&D Lucina, who double people below 40 speed). Distant counter is just a dream---and reserved for Ryoma's Wo-Dao+ Distant Counter maximum style points build. T-Adept is excellent if you're planning to Wo Dao. +3 Atk secures a lot of 1RKOs she'd otherwise miss using Wo Dao+, however.

Thinking about it, Selena's best build might well be +Spd/-Atk, Ruby-Sword, Fury 3\Spd & Def + 2 (theoretical, based on S!Chrom)\Spd 3, Renewal\Quick-riposte, and finish with whatever---C-slot rarely matters for infantry. Edit: And Bonfire or Ignis for special, depending on whether you're running QR or Renewal.

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Selena's pretty much always GHB battle viable, armor-slayer, T-adept, and her bulk does work. Just slap on Renewal and she can carry your ass just like Subaki does.

Edit: For swords, Ruby is probably the favorite so you have the A-Slot free.

Selena's main problem is that she wants too much stuff. She wants renewal to be awesome with her bulk, she wants QR to amplify her damage (she doesn't need to worry about doubles if you stat her properly), she wants breakers in case you didn't go all-in on speed. She wants +Atk for the +4 atk, but she also wants +Def or +Res to solidify her bulk even more, even +Spd matters, since you want to keep pace with +Speed Ninos and Lucinas etc. (-Res might be her best negative, but it's a whopping -4 res, so I'm actually thinking about an all in -hp or -atk build, that gives up 1 rounding completely in return for being the fastest wall alive.)

For swords she wants silver for MT, Wo Dao+ for 1RKOs, Ruby for T-Adept. (Armor-slayer's actually decent as a sword, incidentally, it's just that armor's aren't common enough for the MT drop to be worth it.)

And then there's the A-slot, oh god there's the A-slot. She wants Fury 3 or, surprisingly enough, L&D for bulk. Yeah. (Speed matters, she's not slow, but Fury 3 isn't enough against things like +Spd L&D Lucina, who double people below 40 speed). Distant counter is just a dream---and reserved for Ryoma's Wo-Dao+ Distant Counter maximum style points build. T-Adept is excellent if you're planning to Wo Dao. +3 Atk secures a lot of 1RKOs she'd otherwise miss using Wo Dao+, however.

Thinking about it, Selena's best build might well be +Spd/-Atk, Ruby-Sword, Fury 3\Spd & Def + 2 (theoretical, based on S!Chrom)\Spd 3, Renewal\Quick-riposte, and finish with whatever---C-slot rarely matters for infantry. Edit: And Bonfire or Ignis for special, depending on whether you're running QR or Renewal.

Okay, that's a lot. So, no to Killing Edge + Bonfire for stupid proc'ing or as a physical Fir?

I know I can use her for GHB, but so far, it's been Subaki being the MVP for most of them and Tiki in my case who was the reason why I even beat Lunatic Michalis and Navarre with Lancebreaker Cherche filing in for Narcian.

I'm not the expert here, but I feel like Selena doesn't want so many things or maybe it's the so many things making it difficult to gauge what exactly she wants for what exact role or build. I do agree with Armorslayer being good and that the scarcity of knights outside of singleplayer is what's stopping it from being a niche weapon. She is, in my opinion, the best anti-armor unit in the game because of her combination of bulk and speed -- two of my favorite things about her as a unit -- with Armorslayer and TA giving her the much power to murder knights that are not blue. Her default skills work well for that and can work well for other stuff. It's just figuring out what other skills to swap out or give her other than Bonfire which is a no-brainer if you want to user her high defense.

Not planning on Wo Dao since it's rare which Quick Riposte is also and I feel like it should go to a slower unit like Oboro, the other unit I want to invest in, before going to Selena. Ruby Sword would be fine -- I actually planned on giving her a Ruby Sword and Moonbow from Palla a while back, but held off since I only have 1 spare Palla and after learning that Ruby Sword does not stack with TA. The problem with Ruby Sword is that I would have to replace her A-slot which is pretty easy e.g. Attack +3 as you suggested, but it's already filled in which is why I considered a Silver Sword or Killing Edge and having a different B-slot be used.

28 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Okay, that's a lot. So, no to Killing Edge + Bonfire for stupid proc'ing or as a physical Fir?

I know I can use her for GHB, but so far, it's been Subaki being the MVP for most of them and Tiki in my case who was the reason why I even beat Lunatic Michalis and Navarre with Lancebreaker Cherche filing in for Narcian.

I'm not the expert here, but I feel like Selena doesn't want so many things or maybe it's the so many things making it difficult to gauge what exactly she wants for what exact role or build. I do agree with Armorslayer being good and that the scarcity of knights outside of singleplayer is what's stopping it from being a niche weapon. She is, in my opinion, the best anti-armor unit in the game because of her combination of bulk and speed -- two of my favorite things about her as a unit -- with Armorslayer and TA giving her the much power to murder knights that are not blue. Her default skills work well for that and can work well for other stuff. It's just figuring out what other skills to swap out or give her other than Bonfire which is a no-brainer if you want to user her high defense.

Not planning on Wo Dao since it's rare which Quick Riposte is also and I feel like it should go to a slower unit like Oboro, the other unit I want to invest in, before going to Selena. Ruby Sword would be fine -- I actually planned on giving her a Ruby Sword and Moonbow from Palla a while back, but held off since I only have 1 spare Palla and after learning that Ruby Sword does not stack with TA. The problem with Ruby Sword is that I would have to replace her A-slot which is pretty easy e.g. Attack +3 as you suggested, but it's already filled in which is why I considered a Silver Sword or Killing Edge and having a different B-slot be used.

Selena doesn't need much, she's decent as a unit with minimal inheritances. She wants a lot to specialize her against certain enemies. Obviously you can't specialize for everything, so mostly it's a matter of building her to match your team.

Ruby is meant for unlocking the A-slot, if you don't have anything planned there, no need to swap for it. (A-slot stat skills changes match-ups alot, which is why Ruby is the favorite.)

Regarding Killing Edge+, it's just too weak. In exchange for charging Bonfire a turn earlier, turning it into a Moonbow, you lose 4 whole MT. If you Bonfire every other hit, that's 16 damage every other hit, but you also lose 8 (4 * 2) because Killing Edge+ is a crappy sword. It literally turns Bonfire into a Moonbow---Moonbow is just as good with a Silver Sword+ versus 27 defense, and better if you can't proc Bonfire every other turn.

Wo Dao+ is good because +10 damage on Moonbow is ridiculous, and it only loses 2 MT in exchange.

Silver Sword+ is actually one of the best swords in the game, it's basically the sword that chose +3 Atk as its skill, and +3 Atk is a damn good skill.

Brave-Sword+ with L&D is decent on everyone, and Selena would also use it okay. Her coverage isn't as good as other users, but she has bulk. (+Atk, Sword-breaker, Ignis-up Selena has a fascinating 96 wins on offense, 76 without Ignis up---okay so it's actually damn good coverage, but she rarely 2HKOs, so you'll need some kind of healing support.)

Edited by DehNutCase

I dunno if this is the right topic for this question, but...

I have a 5* Marth, and I'm not sure what skill to have him inherit. I was thinking of giving him Luna, but for some reason it won't let him inherit it? He hasn't inherited any skills so the slot isn't taken. Is Luna exclusive to certain characters? And are there better skills to give Marth than that?

@DehNutCase, well, of the units I've used, she is by far the most stable and consistent unit I have -- another thing I love about her. Being a jack of all trades does have its flaws, however, like not having stupid attack for being a glass cannon.

Hmm, now I'm wondering who would even want any of the Killing weapons. Hauteclare and Mystletainn makes them obsolete even if they're personal weapons. Why use a Killing Axe when Michalis and Minerva exist? Beruka should use an Emerald Axe instead. Killer Lance at least seems useful with Oboro, though. Then again, slow lance infantry with an anti-armor weapon where the only sword knight is Draug who naturally doubles her and later, Zephiel, who has Wary Fighter. Anyway, I digress.

So, that leaves Ruby or Silver... Hinata is better for Fury, Palla for Moonbow and Goad Flyers, and... Oh yeah, that one not-average Stahl who I'm sure has a crappy boon/bane. Silver is Eliwood, Laslow, and Olivia. Laslow's better used for Axebreaker, Olivia for Hone Attack 3, and Eliwood for Ward Cavalry. Hmm... Leaning towards Ruby since it would just continue Selena's current shtick, but with a different sword and a free slot. Maybe I should use that other 4* Selena as a skill dump to merge into this one.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have a 5* Marth, and I'm not sure what skill to have him inherit. I was thinking of giving him Luna, but for some reason it won't let him inherit it? He hasn't inherited any skills so the slot isn't taken. Is Luna exclusive to certain characters? And are there better skills to give Marth than that?

He has to inherit New Moon if he wants Luna. And yes, that's 2 skills right there out of 3 in a single inherit skill session.

Moonbow is extremely popular. It's as potent as New Moon but has a faster charge time (Moonbow charges up at 2 as opposed to New Moon's 3).

Edited by Roflolxp54

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

You need to learn New Moon before you can learn Luna.

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

is a good calculator for figuring out what special you want to use. Do you need a special to secure a pesky KO? Do you need consistent itty-bitty bits of damage? Use the calculator.

Ninja'd, but whatever.

@DehNutCase, well, of the units I've used, she is by far the most stable and consistent unit I have -- another thing I love about her. Being a jack of all trades does have its flaws, however, like not having stupid attack for being a glass cannon.

Hmm, now I'm wondering who would even want any of the Killing weapons. Hauteclare and Mystletainn makes them obsolete even if they're personal weapons. Why use a Killing Axe when Michalis and Minerva exist? Beruka should use an Emerald Axe instead. Anyway, I digress. Killer Lance at least seems useful with Oboro, though. Then again, slow lance infantry with an anti-armor weapon where the only sword knight is Draug who naturally doubles her and later, Zephiel, who has Wary Fighter. Yeah...

So, that leaves Ruby or Silver... Hinata is better for Fury, Palla for Moonbow and Goad Flyers, and... Oh yeah, that one not-average Stahl who I'm sure has a crappy boon/bane. Silver is Eliwood, Laslow, and Olivia. Laslow's better used for Axebreaker, Olivia for Hone Attack 3, and Eliwood for Ward Cavalry. Hmm... Leaning towards Ruby since it would just continue Selena's current shtick, but with a different sword and a free slot. Maybe I should use that other 4* Selena as a skill dump to merge into this one.

Yeah, Hauteclare is the definition of overpowered. Other Legendaries get +1 Atk (1/3 of an A-skill), and a bonus A-skill or B-skill. Hauteclare gets +5 Atk (5/3 of an A-skill), and then -cd on top of that, something supposedly worth 4 Atk. I'd go as far as to say it's stronger than Rajinto.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So I can't skip New Moon and go straight to Luna? Does that also mean I can't inherit a A/B/C-3 without getting A/B/C-1 or 2? With that, what are good A/B/C skills to give him?

Yeah, you'll need to inherit entire skill lines. (Which tend to be 3 skills long.)

A lazy, but very good build is Fury 3, Renewal 3.

Specials mostly depend on what you want Marth to do---there are defensive specials and offensive ones, and the offensive ones mostly trade CD for damage. Do you need to consistently 1 round people, or have a slow special for a particular thorn?

C-slots don't matter too much for infantry.

Why use a Killing Axe when Michalis and Minerva exist? Beruka should use an Emerald Axe instead.

Because the Flying Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build exists. Beruka has virtually the same stat spread as Sheena excluding Res, meaning she can pull off the same Killer Lance Quick Riposte Bonfire build while flying.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, Hauteclare is the definition of overpowered. Other Legendaries get +1 Atk (1/3 of an A-skill), and a bonus A-skill or B-skill. Hauteclare gets +5 Atk (5/3 of an A-skill), and then -cd on top of that, something supposedly worth 4 Atk. I'd go as far as to say it's stronger than Rajinto.

Assuming that the non-legendary weapons are considered balanced relative to each other, this means that the Silver and Killer weapons are considered equal, or +4 Atk is equivalent to -1 special cooldown.

Legendary weapons are typically +1 Atk and a level 2 passive skill relative to a Silver weapon. The Mystletainn and Hauteclere are +5 Atk relative to a Killer weapon. Since we've already established that a Silver weapon and a Killer weapon are considered balanced to each other, this means the difference between the Mystletainn and Hauteclere and any other legendary weapon is a trade of a level 2 passive skill for +4 Atk.

The -1 special cooldown has already been accounted for with the equivalence of the Silver weapon and the Killer weapon.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming that the non-legendary weapons are considered balanced relative to each other, this means that the Silver and Killer weapons are considered equal, or +4 Atk is equivalent to -1 special cooldown.

Legendary weapons are typically +1 Atk and a level 2 passive skill relative to a Silver weapon. The Mystletainn and Hauteclere are +5 Atk relative to a Killer weapon. Since we've already established that a Silver weapon and a Killer weapon are considered balanced to each other, this means the difference between the Mystletainn and Hauteclere and any other legendary weapon is a trade of a level 2 passive skill for +4 Atk.

The -1 special cooldown has already been accounted for with the equivalence of the Silver weapon and the Killer weapon.

Or 2 Atk + 2 skills.

The way I think of it:

Silvers are the weapons that took +3 Atk. Gems took T-Adept. Effectives took 'effectiveness,' etc.

Killer's -1 cd is actually a -cd, - 1 atk skill. Wo Dao+ is a +1, +10 on special skill.

Legendaries therefore take a +4 atk skill and a bonus skill.

Rajinto takes Distant-counter and +4 Atk. Naga +2def/res when attacked and +4 atk, etc.

Hautclere takes -1 cd, -1 atk, +5 atk.

Except... if -1cd -1 atk was worth a weapon skill slot, that implies it's worth 3-atk.

This gives Hautclere an effective 8-atk worth of skills. Or 2 2/3 slots.

Rajinto has distant-counter and 4-atk. Which is 2 & 1/3 slots.

Falchion, notably, has +4 atk, Renewal 2, Effectiveness, for 3 slots.

Most other legendaries have 2 slots.

Of course, this is more the result of killers being undertuned than Hautclere being actually OP. -1CD is NOT worth 4 Atk in most situations, and the situations where it's worth more don't even come close to counter-balancing.

I'm considering options for Sharena's specials and looking for some opinions. My team is her, Hector (w/Swap and Vantage 2), Lyn (w/ Brash Assault 3), and Michalis (just for now until the next set of bonus units). She has Wings of Mercy 3 in her B slot, HP +3 seal, and is otherwise vanilla lv 40 5*.

My considerations are Escutcheon, Moonbow, and Luna, but I'm leaning towards Luna.
-Escutcheon: The extra survivability is nice, but she's not often in danger from red units, Hector usually takes out blue units, and I wouldn't want her fighting green units either way (though it could help in a pinch if I needed her to). This was my first consideration because I tend to use her more defensively, but since she's not the one who usually falls in my battles I'm wondering if it's actually worth it.
-Moonbow vs Luna: Moonbow seems like the go-to for most characters, but I'm considering Luna because of how her fights usually go. Typically she gets attacked, hits back once, and then kills with the next hit (be it doubling or on player phase). In this scenario Moonbow would activate and probably be worthless, but Luna would be ready for the next opponent.

What do we think?

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So if I inherited an A/B/C skill, then that would take up ALL of Marth's inheritance slots, since I'd have to get the whole line? That's stupid...

I don't have anything in particular that he "needs" to do, I just want to know what good builds are.

As a note, you don't have to inherit an entire skill line from one unit. For example, you can inherit Fury 1, Fury 2, and Smite from Bartre, then Fury 3, Buckler, and Pavise from Hinata. As long as the unit has the lower skills available in their skill list they can inherit higher levels individually.

15 hours ago, Florete said:

I'm considering options for Sharena's specials and looking for some opinions. My team is her, Hector (w/Swap and Vantage 2), Lyn (w/ Brash Assault 3), and Michalis (just for now until the next set of bonus units). She has Wings of Mercy 3 in her B slot, HP +3 seal, and is otherwise vanilla lv 40 5*.

My considerations are Escutcheon, Moonbow, and Luna, but I'm leaning towards Luna.
-Escutcheon: The extra survivability is nice, but she's not often in danger from red units, Hector usually takes out blue units, and I wouldn't want her fighting green units either way (though it could help in a pinch if I needed her to). This was my first consideration because I tend to use her more defensively, but since she's not the one who usually falls in my battles I'm wondering if it's actually worth it.
-Moonbow vs Luna: Moonbow seems like the go-to for most characters, but I'm considering Luna because of how her fights usually go. Typically she gets attacked, hits back once, and then kills with the next hit (be it doubling or on player phase). In this scenario Moonbow would activate and probably be worthless, but Luna would be ready for the next opponent.

What do we think?

When you next go into the arena, every time Sharena attacks, count up by one.  Every time an enemy attacks her, count up by one.  What you want to figure out is:

1. Total number of attacks Sharena takes.
2. What numbers Sharena attacks on.

If you stop counting at 7 on a regular basis, that's a sign that Moonbow is better.

17 hours ago, Florete said:

As a note, you don't have to inherit an entire skill line from one unit. For example, you can inherit Fury 1, Fury 2, and Smite from Bartre, then Fury 3, Buckler, and Pavise from Hinata. As long as the unit has the lower skills available in their skill list they can inherit higher levels individually.

Okay this helps me a lot! I thought a unit could only ever inherit three skills, and then never inherit any ever again. Just three and done. So I thought my room to experiment was nonexistent. Thanks!

Would it be worth to give Olivia Noontime so she can survive a bit more? I know she shouldn't be fighting anything other than greens or maybe some weaker reds if she has Swordbreaker, but I don't know who to give Noontime to otherwise.

EDIT: Is there anyone who would appreciate Axebreaker from Laslow if no-one really wants Noontime?

I don't really know anything about who wants what, other than everyone wants Moonbow p much

Units I want to keep/use (other than Palla/Camilla, I'm using them fr my flier team rn):

Spoiler

58f0bbd4661b2_Screenshot_20170414-1253021.thumb.png.dc7305fb1f9ee51d3f2e462bf764592d.png

Units I don't mind losing:

Spoiler

58f0bbe076b80_Screenshot_20170414-1253131.thumb.png.a36fd79c9b90385f1450a5d4761e04ed.png58f0bbeb7a35e_Screenshot_20170414-1253181.thumb.png.828dadc47e43be2b730cced139c63960.png

Edited by AuraGuardianR
Adding extra info/questions