Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

10 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Even without Triangle Adept, neutral Hector deals (52 x 0.8) - 32 = 10 damage to Henry. That's a mosquito bite. 

Henry's biggest asset is honestly his defense, which I believe is the highest of any mage. This is offset by his poor attack and speed, however, which is why he's generally overshadowed in the glass cannon meta. 

Yeah, he has the highest defense, then it comes Spring!Camilla (30), the Robins (29) and Sophia/Merric (28)

Edited by Troykv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:
  • Henry with TA 3 and G Tomebreaker vs Julia
    • Henry doubles neutral Julia for 15 x 2 damage, who then lives with 8 HP. Unfortunately, all iterations of Julia survive Hector even with TA 3 and G Tomebreaker. -Res Julia suffers 18 x 2 damage and lives with 2 HP. 
      • So, uh, just give up on Julia

If I was to replace his Rauðrraven with something like Fenrir+, would he be at least able to take out a -Res Julia?

15 minutes ago, Trashbird said:

If I was to replace his Rauðrraven with something like Fenrir+, would he be at least able to take out a -Res Julia?

That defeats the main point of being Henry, though: abusing TA & high-bulk to counter 2 colors. (I mean, you can also run Nino and abuse L&D and desperation to counter all colors, but Henry acts as the better bait unit.)

3 hours ago, Trashbird said:

Short answer: without Triangle Adept, yes, but with Triangle Adept, he can take out a -Res Julia (or -HP) but still not a neutral Julia. Fenrir+ is only an additional 2 mt over Raourraven+ after all. Not to mention you'd then also give up WTA against colorless, so I really wouldn't recommend it. 

I got a question. I think a brave sword + would work nicely with galeforce. It happens that I have a spare lyn and an Ogma I don't like so I could make someone inherit that combo. What sword user do you think would benefit the most from it? I own most of sword units but Lucina.

Edited by Thalyon

1 hour ago, Thalyon said:

I got a question. I think a brave sword + would work nicely with galeforce. It happens that I have a spare lyn and an Ogma I don't like so I could make someone inherit that combo. What sword user do you think would benefit the most from it? I own most of sword units but Lucina.

I mean, Lyn already uses the set fine with her innate desperation & defiant combo. (Just add brash assault and you won't even need to worry about speed calculations.)

I... think Hana can run the set decently? If you pull a +Atk\+Spd boon and give her desperation her high offenses mean that she doesn't need the special slot to secure KOs. (She KOs 94 units with Brave+, L&D, and +Atk boon, 95 with +Spd). Her main downside is that she's so tissue paper that Vantage hard-counters her---a lot of people can 1HKO her, and that's not a place you want to be.

Lucina has almost identical offenses and way better bulk, but you don't have her. (Plus it's harder to secure good IVs for Lucina.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, Thalyon said:

As @DehNutCase said, Lyn with Brash Assault is more or less the same thing as a Brave sword unit once below 50%. But if you didn't want to use Lyn, I'd say probably a fast character that can pull off a Brave/Desperation combo to get 4 hits in every round of combat, such as Hana. 

Any ideas for a A-slot on a +Spd - Hp Jeorge? Was thinking something like Warding Blow to stack with Partia, or Death Blow for raw damage (just not sure about whether 20,000 feathers for to 5* a Hawkeye is worth it. I could sacrifice a Effie. But that would feel like committing sacrilege even though I don't like her as a unit that much. I was also toying with the idea of passing Wary Fighter to Hector)

1 hour ago, komasa said:

Any ideas for a A-slot on a +Spd - Hp Jeorge? Was thinking something like Warding Blow to stack with Partia, or Death Blow for raw damage (just not sure about whether 20,000 feathers for to 5* a Hawkeye is worth it. I could sacrifice a Effie. But that would feel like committing sacrilege even though I don't like her as a unit that much. I was also toying with the idea of passing Wary Fighter to Hector)

You can turn him into ghetto-Klein with a Brave Bow+ and L&D inheritance, his stat spread means that he has roughly the same coverage (84 units are 1 rounded with Luna as the special, and only Hector (who 1 rounds you in return), both Corrins, Draug, Effie, Gwen, Henry, Hinata, and Merric survive if you have Luna up (or 1 charge from being up).

If you keep Parthia and only inherit L&D, you'll only 1 round 65 units without a special proc, but even with just Luna (which becomes ready after 1 fight), you'll 1 round 93 units.

There's basically no reason to favor Death Blow over L&D for an archer, the speed on L&D makes it harder for enemies to double, and archer bulk is just good enough that it'll usually take a double to KO anyway. (~55 damage is needed to 1HKO even after L&D, which, fortunately, usually only pop up on glass cannons, which archers destroy).

On 4/6/2017 at 10:09 AM, TheouAegis said:

Want to give a B skill to Sanaki. currently with my roster my best choices I think are poison strike or Brash assault. what should I give her? Or should I hold out for something else?

Sanaki's a nuke.  She shouldn't take enough damage to get into Brash Assault range, and she will already carve chunks out of her opponent (so Poison Strike will be redundant at best, and never activate at worst).

If you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY want Brash Assault, run Reciprocal Aid.  Otherwise, I'd wait for something like Wings of Mercy, so she can warp around the map and delete threats.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:09 PM, TheouAegis said:

Want to give a B skill to Sanaki. currently with my roster my best choices I think are poison strike or Brash assault. what should I give her? Or should I hold out for something else?

I wouldn't give her Poison Strike because Sanaki's goal is to 1HKO opponent or leave them with so little HP that poison strike wouldn't matter. It's kind of the same deal with Brash Assault, since Sanaki is so squishy that you ideally wouldn't want her to take damage if possible. 

I personally gave my Sanaki Swordbreaker, but that was because I also gave her Raudhrraven+, so this allowed her to kill anything not blue or a red tome/dragon in one round or hit with Hone Atk support.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:09 PM, TheouAegis said:

One more thing that @eclipse and @LuxSpes didn't mention: Brash Assault only works if the opponent is capable of counterattacking, which means you don't get the guaranteed double attack if your opponent is a melee enemy without Distant Counter. That seriously diminishes its usability on Sanaki because you can only activate it against mages, archers (who will kill Sanaki on the counterattack at that HP range), and melee enemies with Distant Counter (who are rare outside of Hector).

1 hour ago, AW91 said:

Good Morning :)

Please have a look at this site: http://feheroes.wiki/Hector/Strategy

There´s for B-Skill in this sequence:

Wings of Mercy > G-Tomebreaker > Vantage

I like Vantage the most of this skills - does this sequence mean, that vantage is the worst of it?

Thanks!

The skills are not ordered in any way.

So, I really want to use Catria but I need to rework her skillset. She's +SPD/-HP and my current set is her default at 5* alongside Threaten Defense and Rally Attack.

I was thinking of giving of replacing Armored Blow with Fury, Seal Defense with Desperation, and her Killer Lance with a Brave Lance, is this a good idea?

20 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

So, I really want to use Catria but I need to rework her skillset. She's +SPD/-HP and my current set is her default at 5* alongside Threaten Defense and Rally Attack.

I was thinking of giving of replacing Armored Blow with Fury, Seal Defense with Desperation, and her Killer Lance with a Brave Lance, is this a good idea?

A Brave + Desperation set would be outclassed by Cordelia due to Catria having 1 less Spd than her, assuming both are +Spd. Her base attack is slightly lower as well.

For physical units, the ORKO cutoff is 49 Atk, which Cordelia reaches easily with a +Atk roll and Death Blow. Otherwise, +Def Takumi OHKO's your flier back. Catria can't accomplish this due to having 4 less Atk at base, so we need to look elsewhere in order to give Catria comparable performance. Desperation, on your part, is a good start, though Fury needs to be replaced with Life and Death 3 to negate the -Spd penalty from the Brave Lance. All she would need at that point is a Hone Spd buff in order to ensure a quad-attack on units with 36 Spd, which is an incredibly crowded speed tier.

How do we proc Desperation then? A single use of Ardent Sacrifice will do the trick, taking Catria to 25/35 HP (~71%), though if she had a neutral HP roll she would just barely make the cutoff, at ~74%.

Overall, the only change I would make to the build is replacing Fury with Life and Death, lest she lose out on KO'ing units a Cordelia would have otherwise.

Hope this helped.

Edited by MrSmokestack

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A Brave + Desperation set would be outclassed by Cordelia due to Catria having 1 less Spd than her, assuming both are +Spd. Her base attack is slightly lower as well.

For physical units, the ORKO cutoff is 49 Atk, which Cordelia reaches easily with a +Atk roll and Death Blow. Otherwise, +Def Takumi OHKO's your flier back. Catria can't accomplish this due to having 4 less Atk at base, so we need to look elsewhere in order to give Catria comparable performance. Desperation, on your part, is a good start, though Fury needs to be replaced with Life and Death 3 to negate the -Spd penalty from the Brave Lance. All she would need at that point is a Hone Spd buff in order to ensure a quad-attack on units with 36 Spd, which is an incredibly crowded speed tier.

How do we proc Desperation then? A single use of Ardent Sacrifice will do the trick, taking Catria to 25/35 HP (~71%), though if she had a neutral HP roll she would just barely make the cutoff, at ~74%.

Overall, the only change I would make to the build is replacing Fury with Life and Death, lest she lose out on KO'ing units a Cordelia would have otherwise.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the tips! I don't really have anyone with those abilities so far (at least without some serious investment) so I'll make do with what I have until that moment comes.

It frankly depresses me how Cordelia outclasses seemingly all Blue Fliers. Makes me dislike her even more :P

5 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Thanks for the tips! I don't really have anyone with those abilities so far (at least without some serious investment) so I'll make do with what I have until that moment comes.

It frankly depresses me how Cordelia outclasses seemingly all Blue Fliers. Makes me dislike her even more :P

Cordelia does have troubling bulk, so most units can 1 round her on offense. Without T-Adept =Atk Lucina with L&D comes within 2 hp of 2HKOing =Def Cordelia with Fury 3. L&D means Cordelia just dies.

Also, even WITH T-Adept, =Atk Lucina with Dragon Fang (Dragon fang will proc in 2 hits if Lucina fought someone who counters beforehand, or if she fought someone who didn't counter---and tanks Cordelia's counter, though this requires =Def & =HP on Lucina's part) up will 2HKO Cordelia from full hp.

Well, Lucina's coverage is kind of freakish due to her bulk and offenses, but Cordelia dies from a stiff breeze.

29 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Cordelia only wins when you're talking about Life and Death Brave builds. There's always going to be one character with a stat spread more suitable than others for one specific skill build.

19 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Cordelia does have troubling bulk, so most units can 1 round her on offense. Without T-Adept =Atk Lucina with L&D comes within 2 hp of 2HKOing =Def Cordelia with Fury 3. L&D means Cordelia just dies.

Also, even WITH T-Adept, =Atk Lucina with Dragon Fang (Dragon fang will proc in 2 hits if Lucina fought someone who counters beforehand, or if she fought someone who didn't counter---and tanks Cordelia's counter, though this requires =Def & =HP on Lucina's part) up will 2HKO Cordelia from full hp.

Well, Lucina's coverage is kind of freakish due to her bulk and offenses, but Cordelia dies from a stiff breeze.

1. Lucina's 43/25/19 bulk isn't significantly better than Cordelia's 40/22/25 bulk.
  2. I'm not seeing the relevance of the situation where an enemy Lucina has already lived through one round of combat and is now interested in sacking your Cordelia without giving you a chance to leave her dead body on the pointy end of your Brave Lance+.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cordelia only wins when you're talking about Life and Death Brave builds. There's always going to be one character with a stat spread more suitable than others for one specific skill build.

1. Lucina's 43/25/19 bulk isn't significantly better than Cordelia's 40/22/25 bulk.
  2. I'm not seeing the relevance of the situation where an enemy Lucina has already lived through one round of combat and is now interested in sacking your Cordelia without giving you a chance to leave her dead body on the pointy end of your Brave Lance+.

Lucina's bulk is just enough to survive 1 single hit against most enemies. Losing 6 hp EHP on the physical side actually matters a lot, you go from needing 63 damage---even WITH triangle advantage, that's 53 ATK needed (+Atk nature Cordelia with Brave Lance+ and L&D 3, for example, only reaches 51, 53 is a pretty high number)---to 1HKO to only needing 57---48 with triangle advantage (35 base Atk reaches this with L&D and a 8MT weapon).

Edit: It's kind of like hitting speed breakpoints, Lucina is just above the 'get killed in a single hit' tier, Cordelia is just below.

Edited by DehNutCase