Ursula grudge match live now!

Any advice on Ursula vs. Ursula? Last time I beat the Lunatic map with Effie / Olivia / Robin-F / Lissa, but now one of the slots is taken by Ursula.

How shall I proceed?

Anyway, here are all my available lvl 40s:

5⋆: Caeda, Catria, Cherche, Eirika, Lilina, Lyn, Michalis, Ninian, Reinhardt, Seliph, Sharena, Soren;

4⋆: Abel, Alfonse, Anna, Cain, Cecilia, Corrin-F, Corrin-M, Donnel, Effie, Eliwood, Est, Felicia, Fir, Frederick, Gordin, Hana, Kagero, Laslow, Lissa, Marth, Merric, Navarre, Nino, Nowi, Oboro, Ogma, Palla, Raven, Robin-F, Serra, Shanna, Sophia, Ursula (duh!), Virion, Wrys, Xander, Zephiel;

3⋆: Narcian, Olivia, Subaki.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Okay Thany,

Setsuna and Olivia seem like nobrainers to me. Then you got that Ursula which you need for the quest anyways. And I see you got Xander. Easy peasy.

Yes to Olivia as dancers are always useful, but no to Setsuna. Setsuna's defense even with +Def which is kind of not great on her since she wants +Atk or +Spd more only lets her survive 1 hit against the thieves. Assuming a neutral Setsuna with default skills, she's taking 29 damage from any of the Poison Dagger thieves because of her speed and Assassin's Bow stopping their follow-ups. That drops her down to 10 HP with HP +4 while +Def would put her up to 15 HP with HP +4. If she were slower and didn't have Assassin's Bow, she'd instantly be dead. In return, she deals 19x2 which leaves the thieves at 6 HP. If you screw up, then the axe knight comes flying in with Wings of Mercy to destroy a unit. You have to have Olivia there to make sure Setsuna can kill the thief, but leaving her at 10 HP is dangerous unless you're attempting something wild with a Defiant skill or Desperation.

Stupider option is if you could, then Assassin's Bow(+) on Gordin or Virion. Neutral 4* Gordin and Virion with just Assassin's Bow will ORKO the thieves as they do 22x2 or 25x2 if you have Attack +3 which Gordin does. Gordin will only take 19 damage dropping him down to 21 HP while Virion will take 25 damage dropping him to 18 HP. Gordin would actually be able to bait the other thief and kill him. Stupid option, though, since Assassin's Bow is pretty niche; Gordin would want to keep Brave Bow or swap to Killer or Silver for a ranged counter build and Virion would want a Brave Bow if he were to inherit a weapon.

It can work, but it's just dangerous and you can only do it once with Setsuna which is what I'm getting at.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I remember Subaki playing a big role in mkv's clear (not with Ursula in her team though), since he can tank the red cav and the daggers quite well. Effie can probably do it even better if you have her.

Effie's neutral defense is actually lower than Subaki's -- as a knight, Effie's defense is the lowest of the bunch being lower than Sheena by 3 points --, but all you need is 33 defense as a non-infantry to take no damage from the thieves which a 5* neutral or +Def 4* Effie will have and a 4* neutral Subaki will have. Effie will certainly kill them faster, but that comes at a cost of mobility which could be a problem if the axe knight gets anywhere near her.

5 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh no. Here we go again.... 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't like this map.

Last time, @LordFrigid saved my butt by playing battlefield with me...

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't like this map.

I think the ninjas throw me off....

Reveal hidden contents

I hate this map. 

Is it ambitious to try to clear all 4 quests at once? Is it possible? Wait I cant do that... I mean in two run-throughs....

Reveal hidden contents

I REALLY hate this map...

I'll try to use a similar strategy as the one @LordFrigid provided last time... And I'll do my best to come up with some strategies
(don't get me wrong, I love planning and strategizing; it just gives me really bad headaches to the point where I need sleep to get rid of it. I should really get that looked at...)

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - Just giving you a heads up. Your guinea pig may or may not need help in the near future.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, and did I mention that I don't like this map?

Giving credit where credit is due, I'm pretty sure the strategy was cooked up by @Kiran. I just gave it coordinates.

That said, if you need assistance, I can see what I can come up with later (just here for a pre-work check-in atm).

Did the Anna quests on the Hard version. For The Luncatic version I used 5* Xander, 5* Olwen w/ Life and Death 2 + Luna inheritance, and 4* Gunter and Ursula. Horse Emblem 2strong.

Surprised there's no 4* reward this time. :/

5 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh no. Here we go again.... 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't like this map.

Last time, @LordFrigid saved my butt by playing battlefield with me...

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't like this map.

I think the ninjas throw me off....

Reveal hidden contents

I hate this map. 

Is it ambitious to try to clear all 4 quests at once? Is it possible? Wait I cant do that... I mean in two run-throughs....

Reveal hidden contents

I REALLY hate this map...

I'll try to use a similar strategy as the one @LordFrigid provided last time... And I'll do my best to come up with some strategies
(don't get me wrong, I love planning and strategizing; it just gives me really bad headaches to the point where I need sleep to get rid of it. I should really get that looked at...)

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - Just giving you a heads up. Your guinea pig may or may not need help in the near future.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, and did I mention that I don't like this map?

Just holler if you need assistance! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

You really should get that looked at though

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Any advice on Ursula vs. Ursula? Last time I beat the Lunatic map with Effie / Olivia / Robin-F / Lissa, but now one of the slots is taken by Ursula.

How shall I proceed?

5⋆: Caeda, Catria, Cherche, Eirika, Lilina, Lyn, Michalis, Ninian, Reinhardt, Seliph, Sharena, Soren;

4⋆: Abel, Alfonse, Anna, Cain, Cecilia, Corrin-F, Corrin-M, Donnel, Effie, Eliwood, Est, Felicia, Fir, Frederick, Gordin, Hana, Kagero, Laslow, Lissa, Marth, Merric, Navarre, Nino, Nowi, Oboro, Ogma, Palla, Raven, Robin-F, Serra, Shanna, Sophia, Ursula (duh!), Virion, Wrys, Xander, Zephiel;

Lunatic 9-3 map - story mode

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How shall I proceed?

If it's just beating the map with Ursula on the team, you should be able to do it with Xander, F!Robin, Ursula and Olivia. F!Robin murders enemy Ursula and Xander can then tank most things. Ursula can do her share by killing the red cav who deals 15 damage to Xander, and F!Robin can help damage the Green armour.

If you want to kill Ursula with Ursula (and not do it in 9-3), you can give Xander swap and replicate the strategy in the video on the previous page.

42 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

If it's just beating the map with Ursula on the team, you should be able to do it with Xander, F!Robin, Ursula and Olivia. F!Robin murders enemy Ursula and Xander can then tank most things. Ursula can do her share by killing the red cav who deals 15 damage to Xander, and F!Robin can help damage the Green armour.

Actually, I just beat the map with Ursula on the team using the exact same team. Robin removed Ursula and wounded the axe knight, Xander tanked everything like a champ and critically wounded both thieves, Ursula removed the sword cavalier, and Olivia did her dancing and finished the last thief for glory.

Robin finished with 7 HP from taking out Ursula and suffering from Savage Blow, Ursula with 1 HP from tanking the last thief, heh.

Off to 9-3 I go, then! Advice for that?
Beat 9-3 with Ursula / Soren / Lyn / Ninian and a Light's Blessing. One day I will beat Ch. 9 Lunatic deathless…
…but that day won't be today.

Edited by Vaximillian

So, Ursula is still the hardest Grand Hero Battle.

Had to run Ninian/Setsuna/F!Robin/Reinhardt (tried Lilina, but she wasn't helping and would've just died to Poison Daggers). Setsuna took on the lower Poison Dagger (didn't kill, Setsuna's too weak for that) and eventually killed the upper PD, Reinhardt baited the upper PD and eventually killed the lower PD and the Armor and Cavalier, F!Robin killed Ursula, Ninian danced to make this possible.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm gonna kill Ursula with Ursula (can she one-shot herself at 4-star?). Or how I'll handle the Anna quests, since I haven't leveled her in so long and she'll just be dead weight anyway since the Poison Daggers'll one-shot her.

Pro-tip for anyone using a skill inherited Xander- unequip his Quick Riposte skill. I mean sure it kills the thieves faster but then it means the sword cavalier can go on the offensive and attack your Nino/F!Robin if you're using them to counter Ursula.

Still, Xander is great for this map. I gave him Swap from Subaki to make things easier in the tight space. Good thing the bonus exp period made him levelled up in time for this GHB!

@ILikeKirbys Just do it in the story mission. 4 star Ursula will just get murdered by the buffed up Ursula in the GHB (she has what, extra HP plus a halfway charged special?). 

Edited by mcsilas

22 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, Ursula is still the hardest Grand Hero Battle.

Had to run Ninian/Setsuna/F!Robin/Reinhardt (tried Lilina, but she wasn't helping and would've just died to Poison Daggers). Setsuna took on the lower Poison Dagger (didn't kill, Setsuna's too weak for that) and eventually killed the upper PD, Reinhardt baited the upper PD and eventually killed the lower PD and the Armor and Cavalier, F!Robin killed Ursula, Ninian danced to make this possible.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm gonna kill Ursula with Ursula (can she one-shot herself at 4-star?). Or how I'll handle the Anna quests, since I haven't leveled her in so long and she'll just be dead weight anyway since the Poison Daggers'll one-shot her.

You can do it in story mode 9-3 Lunatic. It's a bit easier to do there, since one death doesn't kill all your team and the Ursula there seems weaker. You'll still need to grind Ursula up, though, or get 9-3's Ursula down to very low health.

And nope, she can't one-shot herself on any map... although the other Ursula could one shot mine on the Lunatic, although not on the map one... Not sure if that could change with inheritance, but vanilla, she can't.

The Anna one can be done just on hard, if that helps. It doesn't have to be on Lunatic :)

And I think Ursula is only in her twenties on story mode normal 9-3, so that should be fairly easy to grind up to ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

Finally got home and played that map. I must Admit I took it lightly and went in with Olivia Ike and f robin and lv 1 ursula for the orb. After losing 3 times I replaced Ike with Hector after that it was easy going.

Edited by Jedrus Lilac

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Actually, I just beat the map with Ursula on the team using the exact same team. Robin removed Ursula and wounded the axe knight, Xander tanked everything like a champ and critically wounded both thieves, Ursula removed the sword cavalier, and Olivia did her dancing and finished the last thief for glory.

Robin finished with 7 HP from taking out Ursula and suffering from Savage Blow, Ursula with 1 HP from tanking the last thief, heh.

Off to 9-3 I go, then! Advice for that?
Beat 9-3 with Ursula / Soren / Lyn / Ninian and a Light's Blessing. One day I will beat Ch. 9 Lunatic deathless…
…but that day won't be today.

Huh, so I just had something figured out that involved using Lilina, Cherche, Ursula and Olivia...

Spoiler

Eh, Lilina had to be sacrificed, so it was clearly a bad strategy anyway.

Anyhow, congrats on clearing all the missions.

@mcsilas @Cute Chao

Ah, I saw that win-with-Anna could be done on Hard after posting that. So I did it there.

Thanks for letting me know about Ursula tho! I had to burn a Light's Blessing because 9-3 is awful for me, but I got that orb.

Now to train up Anna so she can kill normal Ursula. 2-Star Anna'll be able to do that, right?

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@mcsilas @Cute Chao

Ah, I saw that win-with-Anna could be done on Hard after posting that. So I did it there.

Thanks for letting me know about Ursula tho! I had to burn a Light's Blessing because 9-3 is awful for me, but I got that orb.

Now to train up Anna so she can kill normal Ursula. 2-Star Anna'll be able to do that, right?

I reckon so, level depending. You may have to weaken her first, again, level dependent ^.^

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ursula's GHB was way easier to me this time. In fact, I struggled more doing it with Anna in hard than with my horse team on lunatic :P:

Gronnraven TA3 Cecilia takes 0dmg from poison dagger thieves with ward cavalry lol, she even took a blarwolf hit like no one, she isn't afraid of nothing. Cecilia tanked the southern thief. Enemy ursula approaches and breaks the left wall, swd cav draws back. Ursula and cecilia team up and kill the knight while on EP northern thief attacks ursula, enemy ursula attacks cecilia, swd cav draws back and then southern thief dies on cecilia. Next turn, priscy rehabs ursula, then she growing thunder blarwolfs enemy ursula and cecilia goes next to the thief to block him. Thief dies on cecilia and swd cav hits ursula. Afterwards, Ursula ends swd cav's life.

Copy pasting my post from the general thread!

Anyone having trouble with the Anna kills Ursula quest? Well, apparently she can channel some of Michalis's awesomeness by solo'ing a map... on normal as a 4*.

Yay! Laziness! :P

Edited by Kaden

I'm stuck on the Lunatic map after trying like ten times. Can someone give me some advice on how to beat it? When enemies bunch up after the first turn, one of my units invariably gets ganged up on and killed. Here's the list of available level 40s. I already know that Nino and Julia are huge assets on the map to counter Ursula, but they get wrecked hard by the thieves.

Here's the list of available Level 40 units

Spoiler

5* Alm +Res, -Atk
5* Karel +Atk, -HP
5* Fae +Spd, -HP
5* Klein +HP, -Spd
5* Julia +Spd, -Res
5* Seliph +Def, -Res
5* Mist +Def, -Res
4* Lilina +Spd, -Atk
4* Effie +Atk, -HP
4* Subaki +HP, -Atk
4* Cherche +Atk, -Spd
4* Nino +Spd, -HP
4* Jeorge +Spd, -Def
4* Robin +Spd, -Res
4* Frederick +Spd, -HP

Soon-to-be-added

5* Clair (currently level 39)
4* M!Corrin (currently level 39)
5* Takumi (currently at level 34)
4* Chrom (currently at level 33)

Edited by Extrasolar

Despite the higher stamina cost I did the "Ursula defeats Ursula" mission on 9-3 Lunatic instead of the GHB.  Figured it would be easier, and whether or not that's true I don't have the patience to play that map again.  Some things to note:

- 4* Lv. 40 Ursula with vanilla skills is not quite strong enough to one-shot the enemy version even with cavalry buffs - she'll need a Spur Atk/Goad bonus as well to secure the kill for those going the horse emblem route.  Otherwise she'll need to be weakened first.

- Ursula can die after she gets the necessary kill and it will still count as long as the map is cleared in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm stuck on the Lunatic map after trying like ten times. Can someone give me some advice on how to beat it? When enemies bunch up after the first turn, one of my units invariably gets ganged up on and killed. Here's the list of available level 40s. I already know that Nino and Julia are huge assets on the map to counter Ursula, but they get wrecked hard by the thieves.

Female Robin is designed to wreck Ursula. Do you have her?

Anyway, Effie can tank and murder everything but the axe knight and Ursula. Robin can remove both.
Do you have Xander? He can do the same thing as Effie, while being mounted.

Can this thread (made even before skill inheritance was a thing) help?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Female Robin is designed to wreck Ursula. Do you have her?

Yes, but she's still level 1, and the highest rarity at 3*. I do have a 4* +Spd Nino, which the thread you linked me said is a good choice alongside Female Robin.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, Effie can tank and murder everything but the axe knight and Ursula.

I do have Effie, at 4* and +Atk. She can easily take care of most everything on the map, but the very little maneuver room at the top left of the map screws me over with her one-range move, since she can't move through anyone either. She tends to block the path a lot of the time, meaning other units are easy pickings for everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do you have Xander? He can do the same thing as Effie, while being mounted.

I have Xander, but haven't trained him up at all...the amount of red swords I have to train up is a little staggering at times.