Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

@mcsilas

RD's support system is probably the thing that disappointed me most about the game. If they wanted to do it that way, they should still have had special supports between people that had actual conversations -.- 

Sothe - I like the thoughts of the people above. It makes sense :) - 'I've made up my mind' was the most determined one of the lot so I went with that one. 

Zelgius - I quite like all his quotes. They're all or nothing quotes, which I like :) 'No draw. No escape' - I think this just edges out the rest. I like the way he says it :) The others are great, too. 

Micaiah - Never been that fussed on her as a character. 'Such cowardly tactics' - I chose this, but it seems a bit hypocritical considering what she actually does in the game. I know she's backed into a corner and has to, but still... 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas The irony is how ridiculously strong they made him in this game when his character (aside from Micaiah) is based on his will to fight despite his lack of strength.

It would have been more accurate to give him a spread like Jakob or Matthew lol.

Micaiah - "I have no choice." is the one that sounds the least strange to me.

Sothe - "I've made up my mind." Sounds the best both in writing and delivery.

Zelgius - "One will live. One will die." This has to be the coolest special quote I have seen in writing out of all the special quotes in the game. Even though I don't think the delivery of it is as good as it could be, it is without doubt the best of Zelgius's quotes.

Micaiah - "If this means survival. . ." - I liked the delivery in general, even if it sounds off for a special attack quote. Plus it just sounded right to me.

Sothe - "I've made up my mind." - Solid delivery and works well as a special quote.

Zelgius - "Let's see how you handle this." - The others sounded a bit too dramatic to me and this one just resonates well with me.

I think I will choice these ones for the characters.

Micaiah: "I have no choice" (It's the one I like more how it sounds).

Sothe: "I've made up my mind." (I don't have a really preference for his dialogue, so I just selected one that I like more right now).

Zelgius: "Say your prayers". (I fond of this kind of dialogue, it's badass).

Thanks for the votes! And here are the winners:

Micaiah - "Such cowardly tactics."

Sothe- "I've made up my mind."

Zelgius"One will live. One will die."

Masked Marth"Hope will never die!"

----------------

Moving on, we take a look at some seasonal-themed males from Awakening- it's Spring Chrom, Summer Gaius and Summer Frederick!

Full_Special_Chrom_(Spring_Festival).pngFull_Special_Gaius_(Ylissean_Summer)_2.pFull_Special_Frederick_(Ylissean_Summer)

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Chrom_(Spring_Festival)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Gaius_(Ylissean_Summer)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Frederick_(Ylissean_Summer)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Spring Chrom- "Spring gives me strength!" Not as much strength as Winter it seems...but he has a running gag of "X gives me strength" quotes so I chose this one. Some of the other quotes felt a bit too long and doesn't flow well.

Summer Gaius-  "It's too damn hot!" I can so relate in hating the heat! I really like the tone Ray Chase chose for this quote- and it fits when he's shooting a refreshing popsicle arrow at you. That said, "Serving it hot" doesn't seem to fit with his popsicle arrow, so that one is my least favourite.

Summer Frederick- "Tropical attack!" I really like this quote for his art, and it seems to be the one I get the most in the game. Plus I like the way he says this and it really fits when he hurls spiky seashells at you. Second pick would be "Go soak your head!" because it's so different from the usual Frederick tone. Also I'm really mesmerised by the amount of blue in his special art- it's such a good shade of blue!

Some of my favourite units in this game :D 

Bunny Chrom - 'You will not stop my festivity!' - I love the way he says this. And anyone who tries will get a carrot axe to the face!

Naked Gaius - It was a toss up between 'It's too damn hot' and 'Serving it hot!'. Love both, but went with the latter. Because he totally is ;) 

Not so Naked Frederick - 'Not on this beach!' - I just imagine him saying this to pebbles xD 

Chrom - “I say when Winters over” Out of the three, Chrom’s quotes are the most eh to me, but I liked this enough for the clever change.

Gaius - “It’s too damn hot!” I just get a kick out of this when he says this. I never did well in the heat myself.

Frederick - “Not on this beach!” Again, I got a chuckle out of this one.

And here are your choices:

Spring Chrom - "Spring gives me strength!"

Summer Gaius- "It's too damn hot!"

Summer Frederick"Not on this beach!"

----------------

Now we move on to a dark magic trio- it's Tharja, Rhajat and Christmas Tharja! (Or Tharja Emblem)

BtlFace_C_102.png?itok=eir9bFyoBtlFace_C.png?itok=wqoz06UXTharja%20special.png?itok=cAbWTizh

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tharja/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Rhajat/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tharja_(Winter's_Envoy)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Tharja- "Do you like darkness?" Can you believe Stephanie also voices Beruka? I have to admit, she does a great voice for Tharja, especially the darker quotes like this one. Her talent really shines when she reaches those deep voices- which can vary from creepy but also alluring. That said, I do like her laugh as well- gotta love a great evil laugh! 

Rhajat- "You're still here?" This quote is perfect for that hilarious, unimpressed expression on her special art. Her voice is a bit on a higher register and mellower (?) compared to Tharja...which is slightly refreshing but strange considering her Fates version seemed a bit..darker, rougher and more tribal (to quote her Fates version's quote=- "I want your skull for a trophy!"). I guess they changed her a bit (even with the art upgrade) to differentiate her a bit? In the end I prefer her Japanese VA more though, because of the 'whispery' nature of it and she sounds a bit closer to her age.

Christmas Tharja- "I'll dye YOU red." Okay, I think they turned up Tharja's creepiness to the max here- which is a shame because this Tharja seemed more comedic, especially when you look at the Japanese voice who is actually trying really hard to be a 'normal girl.' and saying things like "Huzzah!..?" It's a shame the humour is lost because it is actually hilarious that she tries so hard in that version- I feel they should have chose this angle more instead of the darker, creepier tone here. Personally I think the direction they chose was wrong for her, but Stephanie still sounds great as an actor. That said, even if it's not a special quote, I do like the hilarity of her defeat quote "Uhh...I'll go change..."

…I might have missed most of this thread. It happens. Anyway, the Tharjas have our undivided attention now. Obviously, I’m not going to vote for the Christmas version.

Tharja“Do you like darkness?..” — this creepy practicioner of dark magic knows all about grimness, darkness, and grimdarkness. She can let you know more… if you get on her bad side.

Rhajat“Hope you like hell!” — Tharja transcended time and space and became more forceful and rougher. “I’d like your skull for a trophy!” is a very good line too.

Stephanie Sheh is great. Her Tharjas and her Beruka are completely different, but amazingly credible nonetheless. 10/10 would listen more.

@Cute Chao No problem, thanks for the continued support in this thread anyway :D

Plus, I needed a theme for when Rhajat was released, and then Christmas Tharja came afterwords so it all worked out in the end to make a Tharja Emblem theme! haha

At least you got your almost naked hunks out of the way

@Vaximillian Welcome back! This thread has missed you.

...alas, it's a shame since there are only 3 non-seasonals left before it's all going to be all seasonal slates until the end (well plus enemy bosses)

but great to hear your thoughts anyway :)

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao No problem, thanks for the continued support in this thread anyway :D

Plus, I needed a theme for when Rhajat was released, and then Christmas Tharja came afterwords so it all worked out in the end to make a Tharja Emblem theme! haha

At least you got your almost naked hunks out of the way

And yet Winter Tharja seems to be able to wear less than both Naked Gaius and Not So Naked Frederick xD

But yes, it was appreciated :D

Also, thanks to your continued dedication to this thread. I look forward to seeing it whenever it gets updated :D

Edited by Cute Chao

I've said it before, and it bears repeating here... I do not like how Tharja sounds in this game. She doesn't sound at ALL like the moody Dark Mage from Awakening. Not just in voice either, I feel like they tried to play up her seductiveness in this game in general. It just... no. Someone else please have Raudhrblade+ so I don't have to rely on Tharja.

Rhajat is kinda better... but to be honest I also don't remember Rhajat that well from Fates. And WE!Tharja I can kinda excuse for trying to be normal.

...oh right I'm supposed to say which lines I like most.

Tharja: (Laughter)

Rhajat: Hope you like hell

WE!Tharja: Dye you red.

Here are the chosen winners:

Tharja - "Do you like darkness?"

Rhajat- "Hope you like hell!"

Christmas Tharja"I'll dye YOU red."

----------------

Now from Tharja slate, we move on to seasonal Avatar slate- it's Summer Corrin, Summer Robin and New Year Corrin! Just in time to (finally) celebrate New Year Corrin's release in the mini-TT!

BtlFace_C_90.png?itok=gZrRVShAFull_Special_Robin_(F)_(Ylissean_Summer)Corrin%20Special.png?itok=azZGiNTc

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Corrin_(F)_(Nohrian_Summer)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin_(F)_(Ylissean_Summer)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Corrin_(M)_(Happy_New_Year!)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Summer Corrin- "Cannonball!" It's such a random, loud quote, and has the right emphasis acting-wise for a special quote.

Summer Robin- "Sink or swim!" Short and catchy, it fits the summer theme perfectly! I like the almost alliteration in there as well.

New Year Corrin- "Three, two, one...!" The countdown really works in many levels- firstly as a New year thing but also as a special quote, it's great at building anticipation.

Summer Corrin - I pretty much agree with you with 'Cannonball'. It can be seen as a fighting quote, but it ties in nicely to summer, too.

Summer Robin - 'I'll tan your hide' - It seems the most aggressive of the quotes, but still somewhat playful.

Kimono Corrin - ... Well this was hard. None of the quotes seem very fitting for battle. Then I thought it quite funny he says 'Wishing you the best this year' and then they get a new years wish to the face xD (I think that's what those red things are. Been a while since I looked it up).

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Summer Corrin - I pretty much agree with you with 'Cannonball'. It can be seen as a fighting quote, but it ties in nicely to summer, too.

Summer Robin - 'I'll tan your hide' - It seems the most aggressive of the quotes, but still somewhat playful.

Kimono Corrin - ... Well this was hard. None of the quotes seem very fitting for battle. Then I thought it quite funny he says 'Wishing you the best this year' and then they get a new years wish to the face xD (I think that's what those red things are. Been a while since I looked it up).

Why must you be so positive Male Corrin!?! XD

Also replying this here because I couldn't add it on to my last post (I get an error or something and can't tag)

@Xenomata

Yeah I get what you mean and fair enough. I actually think it's more apparent in Rhajat because she sounds even more dark and moody in Fates so her slightly brighter voice is a bit different in Heroes. Well I guess they really want the orbs/funds.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Why must you be so positive Male Corrin!?! XD

Also replying this here because I couldn't add it on to my last post (I get an error or something and can't tag)

You're too happy! Get some fight in you, man!

I do like your reasoning for the countdown, too :) I just got his 4* version so I should have a good listen to his quotes. I love his art :)

Damaged art isn't damaged enough though v.v

@Usana Oh my gosh I think I did. Thanks for bringing that up - I guess it doesn't help I never had these units so I never noticed.

So I guess here are the winners (unless people wanted to change their answers):

Summer Corrin - "I'll tan your hide!"

Summer Robin- "Cannonball!"

New Year Corrin"Three, two, one...!"

----------------

Now we move on to a....special slate. All characters who embody different aspects of care- We have Gunnthrá who cares for Fjorm and is described as having strong maternal instincts, the almost-bald connoisseur of beauty, Oliver and the humble, bald curate Wrys who cares for orphans and wounds!

X4DwJss.png?itok=SFyJzSjHOliver%20special.png?itok=x8QVbNH3Full_Special_Wrys.png?itok=SoOJBCI7

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Gunnthrá/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Oliver/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Wrys/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Gunnthra- "Desist in your actions." I looove the word 'desist', this quote is giving me some Miriel vibes from Awakening. She has a very classy selection of quotes.

Oliver-"Stunning, aren't I?" His VA is so enjoyable, I really like his performance in all of his quotes but I chose this because...well....it describes him perfectly...certainly...stunning. "How frightening" is also a good quote, his performance is really good.

Wrys- "I'm...not good at this." When you look at his Atk stat...this quote really fits. Special mention to "Here it comes." for sounding so....weak? strained? like he's trying his hardest to attack? 

And with that this is our final summonable normal character slate. Until we get new ones of course. @Vaximillian Here's your last chance for your wonderful comments before it's all seasonals and enemy bosses left XD

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Here's your last chance for your wonderful comments before it's all seasonals and enemy bosses left XD

Nothing to input, I’m afraid. I haven’t been blessed by Gunnthrá (but by three damn Amelias instead), Oliver disgusts me (even though Richard Epcar is really good as him), and Wrys is Wrys.

Gunnthra - She's a bit too pious for me in her quotes, although 'Hold still' makes me laugh a little bit. I went for 'Desist in your actions' in the end because it seems like a fairly strong quote. 

Oliver - This man disgusts me. However, I can't deny his VA suits and is having a lot of fun with his quotes. 'This is true beauty' is just a pure Oliver thing to say and it's said so well. 

Wrys - 'I'm... not good at this' - Bless him. This doddering old man should not be out on the battlefield. He should be tucked up safely in bed somewhere. This quote really makes him sound old and forgetful. Makes me feel a bit guilty for all the Wryses I've killed and sacrificed for the greater good. 

...Not enough to stop doing it, though. 

And here are the winners:

Gunnthrá - "Desist in your actions."

Oliver- "This is true beauty!"

Wrys"I'm...not good at this."

----------------

Now we move on to seasonal units from Fates- each representing each route (with two having the same VA)- it's Halloween Sakura, Performing Azura and Bride Charlotte!

Halloween-Sakura-Special.png?itok=obX5fQBtlFace_C_3.png?itok=cmxP5dvO   Full_Special_Charlotte_(Bridal_Blessings

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sakura_(Trick_or_Defeat!)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Azura_(Performing_Arts)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Charlotte_(Bridal_Blessings)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Halloween Sakura- "It's all meow!" A nice take on her normal quote shared with her retainers ("It's all me!"), and it fits her look. Brianna is such a great VA, I love how she can make Sakura sound sweet, strong and adorable at the same time with her meow. Otherwise, "Time for your trick!" has a nice sound to it.

Performing Azura- "My heart is singing!" Ah, the lovely Rena Strober. This quote just defines Azura for me and I like how it's a solemn quote, and it's a shame regular Azura doesn't have this. All of her quotes are very fitting though, and all very classy with one of the most spectacular special artwork in the game. I do also like the aggressiveness of "Let's strike up a tune!".

Bride Charlotte- "Till death do us part!" Now if this was regular Charlotte I would have picked "Money, money!" no contest, but after listening to her quotes a few times, "Till death do us part!" just fits her look more, and it's also a nice quote (the money quote can be a bit loud I have to admit). Again, Brianna shows her talent, by showcasing a character that's an opposite to Hoshido's Sakura- I quite like the spunk and sass she gives Charlotte. Her voice quality is so clear and nice to listen to.