The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

26 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm well aware how difficult it is to make a comic Ana I've been working on my own for a very long time I'll have you know and I'm okay at drawing, and the stupid comment is actually quite true, not of everyone though which is why I said people ignore stuff as well, because it happens, we all do stupid stuff which is probably the more appropriate thing to say, but my point about it being to IS's discretion still stands.

I don't think anyone is going to argue it's isn't up to IS's discretion.

But it stays frustrating. Why? I'll always say it even if you disagree: IS has shown favoritism towards Edelgard and the Black Eagle even before the game came out. And tbh, it wasn't even necessary, Edelgard was going to be popular no matter what. Being a well written female lord in a while was all she needed to be popular and the Black Eagle would then be the most popular class because of it.

And now, it's spreading to heroes: Edelgard already has 2 alts (yes Flame Emperor counts...) and the Black Eagle has 5 students compare to 3 for the other two. And for the comic, they have shown Edelgard way more than the two other lords, same for the BE students including the newer students Bernadetta and Ferdinand. Meanwhile Lysithea and Annette have yet to be in the comic despite being on the same banner.

Of course, that's not every chapter. But honestly, I would have prefer the OC with Taguel ears. But Yarne just so happen to dream about three Black Eagles students is really shoving Edelgard and the BE down our throats.

Edited by Nym

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yes I'll admit it is annoying to see just one or two charcters get used but at the end of the day, it is IntSyt's property they can do what they want.  Obviously critique is part of it, but I get the feeling they don't really care about it- given the push they've been making.  Critiques are clearly the last thing they seem to be listening to of late.  😕

Regardless, none of this gives you an excuse or reason to call people "very stupid or actively ignoring things" and I think you best apologize for that.

11 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't think anyone is going to argue it's isn't up to IS's discretion.

But it stays frustrating. Why? I'll always say it even if you disagree: IS has shown favoritism towards Edelgard and the Black Eagle even before the game came out. And tbh, it wasn't even necessary, Edelgard was going to be popular no matter what. Being a well written female lord in a while was all she needed to be popular and the Black Eagle would then be the most popular class because of it.

And now, it's spreading to heroes: Edelgard already has 2 alts (yes Flame Emperor counts...) and the Black Eagle has 5 students compare to 3 for the other two. And for the comic, they have shown Edelgard way more than the two other lords, same for the BE students including the newer students Bernadetta and Ferdinand. Meanwhile Lysithea and Annette have yet to be in the comic despite being on the same banner.

Of course, that's not every chapter. But honestly, I would have prefer the OC with Taguel ears. But Yarne just so happen to dream about three Black Eagles students is really shoving Edelgard and the BE down our throats.

That's the problem though, they held out on releasing the game and now they're pushing it.  Also Edelgard has the worst route because it's so under developed and had so much more potential than they gave it 😧 but again they don't seem to care, even about their own games 😕 hindsight as a beautiful yet terrible mistress.

Hey don't forget Al was there too.  A small part speaking but more than the cameos of the BE class members who say nothing.  Plus Al's in a lot of these and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Regardless, none of this gives you an excuse or reason to call people "very stupid or actively ignoring things" and I think you best apologize for that.

Agree to disagree and let's leave it there thanks.  You're not a mod, nor am I.

7 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Plus Al's in a lot of these and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Well yeah, Alfonse and Sharena are the main characters of Heroes, it's more natural that they appear in a lot of the comics.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Agree to disagree and let's leave it there thanks.  You're not a mod, nor am I.

So basically you're fine with the rest of us calling you stupid when you do or say something we think is stupid then.

I don't really care for these comics except when there are funny and interesting interactions (the Alm and Duma one was great). However, I think that many people give these comics more attention than IS themselves give them. I get that the issue is not about the comics themselves but the BE favoritism (not going to talk about Edelgard as I partially enjoy seeing her there). My personal problem is not how they show favoritism for BE but the fact that Dimitri is nowhere to be seen, the anniversary thing mentioned about how he was really interested in Askr and wanted to explore it so I wanted to see him in interact with other characters and some OCs.

Edited by SuperNova125

On 5/6/2020 at 9:29 PM, Anacybele said:

Maybe she can't actually create new characters/people? In real life, people will very rarely, probably almost never dream about someone they have never seen. The people that appear in their dreams will pretty much always be folks they know or have seen before. At least this is what I read once. So Peony might have some limitations to her power based on this.

*starts sweating*

Peony’s been extremely bland so far, even here. Yeah, it’s her trying to be sweet, but...I dunno, maybe it’s just me.

I’m just going to pretend Alfonse was the only other one in the comic.

I've glanced back over this and it seems to me more like you're all a little bit dense.

It seems pretty clear to me that Chloey made a rather broad generalisation and there were just magnitudes of interpretations of it being a personal attack.

Should she have used those exact words?

Probably not.

But honestly it seems clear to me that this whole circumstance seems blown out of proportion due to misinterpretation of the original intent of the comment. There's no malice there, only the remark that in her eyes you're blind to seeing what she sees as the likely intent of the comic's creators.

14 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I've glanced back over this and it seems to me more like you're all a little bit dense.

It seems pretty clear to me that Chloey made a rather broad generalisation and there were just magnitudes of interpretations of it being a personal attack.

Should she have used those exact words?

Probably not.

But honestly it seems clear to me that this whole circumstance seems blown out of proportion due to misinterpretation of the original intent of the comment. There's no malice there, only the remark that in her eyes you're blind to seeing what she sees as the likely intent of the comic's creators.

Look, I had to play mod there.  Don't make me do it again.

Black Eagles character. AGAIN. IS, you DO know other houses exist. I mean, at least it isn't Edelgard for the millionth time, but seriously. Can we have some TH focus on other houses now? PLEASE?

Though I do admit the idea going on here is amusing. Still, Petra could've been swapped out for a lot of other flying units.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Black Eagles character. AGAIN. IS, you DO know other houses exist. I mean, at least it isn't Edelgard for the millionth time, but seriously. Can we have some TH focus on other houses now? PLEASE?

Though I do admit the idea going on here is amusing. Still, Petra could've been swapped out for a lot of other flying units.

Except they can't. It's a case of the Dismount feature in 3H, and Petra's the only flying unit from 3H that's in FEH. 

This wasn't about BE favor as opposed to simply Petra being the only one they could use.

Your argument would work more if Ingrid was here and they didn't use her. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Except they can't. It's a case of the Dismount feature in 3H, and Petra's the only flying unit from 3H that's in FEH. 

This wasn't about BE favor as opposed to simply Petra being the only one they could use.

Your argument would work more if Ingrid was here and they didn't use her. 

That wasn't my point. They didn't have to use a TH character in this, but they did anyway so they could push Black Eagles more and more.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That wasn't my point. They didn't have to use a TH character in this, but they did anyway so they could push Black Eagles more and more.

Um... You aren't making any sense. Why would they NOT use a 3H character to feature 3H's dismount feature that removes the danger of bows? 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Um... You aren't making any sense. Why would they NOT use a 3H character to feature 3H's dismount feature that removes the danger of bows? 

I'm making perfect sense. Dismount isn't mentioned in this comic. And whatever the case, this still feels like finding an excuse to just keep pushing the Black Eagles they way they have been. "What can we do to keep making Black Eagles comics? Oh, let's poke fun at this feature!"

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm making perfect sense. Dismount isn't mentioned in this comic. And whatever the case, this still feels like finding an excuse to just keep pushing the Black Eagles they way they have been. "What can we do to keep making Black Eagles comics? Oh, let's poke fun at this feature!"

I mean, that's the entire point of Petra landing and being on the ground. It's referencing the dismount feature of 3H and how you land and get off your pegasus, and no longer suffer danger from bows.

And your argument of BE favor would hold more water if there was another 3H flying unit featured. But Petra is currently the only known 3H unit that's a flier.

Any further whining about the character choices will be a warn.  While the timing is suspect, the concept is hilarious.

Azura isn't going to get off her high horse, though.

59 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's a case of the Dismount feature in 3H, and Petra's the only flying unit from 3H that's in FEH. 

Actually the Dismount feature is not exclusive to Three Houses. While it isn't prevalent in any other recent titles, it does appear in Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia 776. I don't believe it works quite the same in those titles though, since it is forced on mounted units who wanna be indoors and sometimes changes their used weapon type, but it does still remove the effective damage mods of weapons like Bows and Horseslayers.

Just... y'know, facts about games. I don't wish to continue anything, but your wording made it sound like the feature came from Three Houses when it wasn't that unknown of a feature before then.
Comic be good, does raise a question though... how are Bows still effective on flying units who lack a mount or flight enabling body part?

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Comic be good, does raise a question though... how are Bows still effective on flying units who lack a mount or flight enabling body part?

For winged fliers, I've always imagined, regardless of Bird Laguz or Pegasus/Wyvern, that shooting arrows into the wings would cause flight to become inoperable in midair, resulting in a potentially deadly crash. Precision shots on a moving, flapping target from a fair distance away sounds highly infeasible however. Though hitting any body part should suffice for a downing a target, I doubt a Peg or Raven can stomach flight if it's got an arrowhead lodged two inches into its digestive tract.

As for levia-thans, their flight originates in their bodies' production of unseriousium magical energy. The more they can calm their minds and treat the situation as if the rules of reality don't apply to them, the more they can actually defy the laws of physics and float around. It's a special meditative art, requiring special esoteric wisdom to be felt within oneself when one knows the flow of unseriousium energy so well that they can while blindfolded draw an accurate chart of the human body and how unseriousium cycles through it. One can be relaxed and emote rage or righteous or other strong feelings and still float, but restraining those emotions from their full internal strength must be a tranquil and mocking attitude towards the fundamental precepts of reality. Unseriousium's power center in the body is in the lower regions, which are extra vulnerable to injury in the air compared to on the ground. Disrupt the flow sufficiently, and even the greatest master of the art will lose control and plummet from the sky.

11 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

The concept is hilarious, whoever is illustrated is irrelevant.

This.

That said, even though the dismount mechanic exists in other games, it's pretty clear that using the newest game in the series instead of something from 2 decades ago would let the joke hit harder. Since, after all, the last game that let you dismount prior to Three Houses is more than 2 decades old. Some of the people playing this game weren't even born yet.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Pfah! That's a good one. I was wondering if they were going to exploit the newer mechanics introduced by three houses.

Edited by Benice

46 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Actually the Dismount feature is not exclusive to Three Houses. While it isn't prevalent in any other recent titles, it does appear in Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia 776. I don't believe it works quite the same in those titles though, since it is forced on mounted units who wanna be indoors and sometimes changes their used weapon type, but it does still remove the effective damage mods of weapons like Bows and Horseslayers.

In Thracia at least, fliers and other mounted units can dismount outdoors if need be. In fact, they would need to manually dismount if they want to be able to enter any indoor structure that is present on an otherwise outdoor map like this map:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20111022213214

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For winged fliers, I've always imagined, regardless of Bird Laguz or Pegasus/Wyvern, that shooting arrows into the wings would cause flight to become inoperable in midair, resulting in a potentially deadly crash. Precision shots on a moving, flapping target from a fair distance away sounds highly infeasible however. Though hitting any body part should suffice for a downing a target, I doubt a Peg or Raven can stomach flight if it's got an arrowhead lodged two inches into its digestive tract.

As for levia-thans, their flight originates in their bodies' production of unseriousium magical energy. The more they can calm their minds and treat the situation as if the rules of reality don't apply to them, the more they can actually defy the laws of physics and float around. It's a special meditative art, requiring special esoteric wisdom to be felt within oneself when one knows the flow of unseriousium energy so well that they can while blindfolded draw an accurate chart of the human body and how unseriousium cycles through it. One can be relaxed and emote rage or righteous or other strong feelings and still float, but restraining those emotions from their full internal strength must be a tranquil and mocking attitude towards the fundamental precepts of reality. Unseriousium's power center in the body is in the lower regions, which are extra vulnerable to injury in the air compared to on the ground. Disrupt the flow sufficiently, and even the greatest master of the art will lose control and plummet from the sky.

Good heavens I've missed your tangential discourses, that's another one for the notes section.

On-Topic, I've gotta agree with Ice - though the 3H rep annoys me, Black Eagles more so, it just wouldn't have the same effect to use Caeda or Minerva since not everyone gets that they can do that too. Petra's way of wording it also contributes to the whole thing. She may actually be the only Black Eagles character I have interacted with who doesn't annoy me one way or another.