The Branded King (New Heroes Banner)

Alexmender

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Indeed you are. In Japanese, the wording was "If HP ≤ 99% at the beginning of combat".

That seems like a very strange change to make to the descriptions based on language. Out of curiosity is there any reason it's written the way it is in one language and not the other? Functionally they're identical since, to my knowledge (skill stacking, merges, etc.), no character has enough HP to be <100% and >99%, but it would seem like they'd go with whichever the skill actually does for clarity and consistency.

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Nothing like seeing Armor Emblem walking through the forest am I right?:dry:

I'm surprise they don't let them walk through a mountain.

Yep, it's like oh, hey, basically flier emblem but with much higher BST, a bunch of exclusive skills that cover any stat weakness + HB, and much rarer and less potent (hi, Brave Bow) effective weaponry.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit...my son, my daughter, my husband/brother-in-law...I'm not ready. I still need to get Hardin, ffs.

All three look great. I'm really happy that Gerome is finally here, too. Inigo was getting a tad lonely ;)

42 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm still not sure why he has his mother hair color if Inigo doesn't. In fact Inigo probably pulls a pink hair than Gerome does.

Inigo's default hair color has always been grey, like Seigbert is blonde and Soleil is pink.  Every child unit introduced so far uses their default hair color.

13 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

That seems like a very strange change to make to the descriptions based on language. Out of curiosity is there any reason it's written the way it is in one language and not the other? Functionally they're identical since, to my knowledge (skill stacking, merges, etc.), no character has enough HP to be <100% and >99%, but it would seem like they'd go with whichever the skill actually does for clarity and consistency.

English uses the less than (or equal to) and greater than (or equal to) symbols in the descriptions whereas Japanese uses words.

In Japanese, the terms used, "以下" and "以上", mean "and less" and "and more", and there isn't a very simple way to express "strictly less than" and "strictly more than".

Ugh we still aren't getting Maribelle it seems. >> I kinda want M!Morgan, but he is yet another infantry mage to his flying mage female counterpart. Plus I don't really care for Chrom IV. and don't want to get pity broken.

F!Morgan would be great on my Flier Team, especially since I didn't get S!Corrin, but I am not really fond of her personality wise. (granted, same goes for Corrin)

I'm surprised no one's posted the datamined stats yet.

Spoiler

Super boons in green, super banes in red. Hopefully no typos.

Chrom: 41/37/28/34/17
Morgan (F): 37/34/30/16/33
Morgan (M): 37/33/34/20/26
Jerome: 45/38/25/34/19 (yes, I know Jerome is locked to neutral)

Hmm, somehow this banner is a little bit boring. Guess I can spare my orbs. 

With this my chances that Rinkah will be in the next fate banner will be diminishing..

Edited by Stroud

So, Chrom Emblem is a thing. His Falchion's busted. He has Sword Valour (OK, I already have Gray). He's also on a horse than OG Chrom. I might be tempted.

He's also on the banner with both Morgans. M!Morgan has a ridiculous tome and A NULLIFY RANGED BONUSES SKILL (OP?), but F!Morgan is flying and blue so after missing Summer Corrin twice of course I'm interested. She seems pretty defensive though, getting mirror stance (Atk/Res bond without allies).

Berome is in for something. (t's in the datamine talk.)

Spoiler

F!Morgan's stats are a bit disappointing compared to the others. She's slower than neutral Nowi.  M!Morgan's stat spread is better, but not amazing either. Chrom's  great there he's be expected to be.. Gerome is like "I'm totally better than my mother." He might be better if he hadn't invested his bonuses into Res.

Poleax confirmed from the datamine. Might be Gerome's.

Among the images is Armads. OHO. What's up with that? I'd genuinely like to hear guesses.

So colourless breath's a thing. I have no idea. It's one range though.

REFINED SEGILINDE IS OP. I HAVE WAITED FOR THE TRUE RALLYQUEEN TO ARRIVE. YES! THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!

We get another story chapter this time. Is this the way it'll be from now on? I can dig it. Chapter 776 will be next if that's the case.

We get a TT involving Grima. Merr Grimas.

We have to beat Zephiel with armours. That's interesting.

My question: Who dropped from the fallen banner?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My guess is that you need to go to your app store.

Did. Logged out, in, restarted phone, cleared cache, did it all.

8 minutes ago, Dai said:

Wish the app would update. Maybe it’s somehow not available for my area.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

My guess is that you need to go to your app store.

They're looking into it.

I had issues updating it on IOS, but this is far from the first case. This started for me back at like version 1.7. Every time the full list of potential fixes doesn't work. I have to delete the app and reinstall. So I've got no advice to share other than that.

Edit: Oh hang on, the reinstall just finished and I'm still not updated. Huh.

Edited by Glennstavos

Noooooo! The Morgans are here, but my orbs still have not recovered from love abounds/Legendary banner.

Anyway I fully expected FMorgan to bring a Wyvern with her, but I did not see her bringing a tome with her too. Thought they'd go for her boss battle and give her an axe. (Edit: wait its a pegasus? Kinda emberassed that I did't spot that)

MMorgan being a red tome infantry was pretty expected. Nice to see him have a legendary to make up for it though.

Edited by Sasori

Spoiler

Chrom's statline is underwhelming, which is fine, since his weapon is dumb.

F!Morgan is basically a worse S!Corn, and I happen to have a +1 +Spd -Res one after the legendary banner fiasco, so hard pass.

Don't care about the red mage, already have Celica, Eirika, Lyon, Arvis and Katarina at 5*

Gerome is basically beefier Cherche without access to merges and IVs, and likely won't be able to compete with the 4*+10 +Atk Cherche I'm currently building. 

So thankfully, I'm not missing out on anything good by passing on this banner.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No dragon in the game can survive having Alm initiate combat against them unless Alm has zero buffs and Nowi or Corrin is running a maximum-Def build.

Neutral vanilla Corrin +0 + TA3 survives neutral vanilla Alm +10 (refined special effect Falchion). Windsweep doesn't change the outcome but would let a TA3 Nowi +0  survive, if equipped. 

6 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove First summonable mage flier, and she isn’t wearing skimpy clothing. I wonder how her stat spread will compare to S!Corrin, and if she will powercreep S!Corrin in availability and stats.

Morgan seems cool, but she will be most likely slower than Corrin, because of her EP skills. I will try to get her, but with a strict limit because she is in the regular pool and I need to save orbs for Cordelia. 

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

and has a Falchion that's looks to be a downgrade of the refined Awakening Falchion (due to HP requirement and no Renewal passive effect). 

Doesn't seem a downgrade.

Compare it to Awakening Falchion:

• + No adjacent ally requirement
  • - HP requirement instead
  • + 5/5/5/5 instead of 4/4/4/4
  • - No healing effect

Compare it to Belowed Zofia:

• + 5/5/5/5 instead of 4/4/4/4
  • + No after combat damage
  • + Effective against dragons

Not needing weeks worth of Divine Dew makes it the more desirable option for the short-to-medium term even if it was a slight downgrade anyway. Opportunity cost is a thing. I've just decided against promoting Soren because it'd be half a year at least - likely closer to a year - before I can justify spending any dew on him.

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Ouch. Validar just got Knoll'd.

I think it supposed to be a reference to Grimreal Morgan from Future past. 

But I'm quite happy with the inclusion of best boy Morgan. I thought it would be very likely if the spot would just go to the more popular female Morgan while our lovable dork would get squat. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Neutral vanilla Corrin +0 + TA3 survives neutral vanilla Alm +10 (refined special effect Falchion). Windsweep doesn't change the outcome but would let a TA3 Nowi +0  survive, if equipped. 

+10 Alm [+Atk] (Falchion [unique], Moonbow / Glimmer, Death Blow 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Heavy Blade 3) +0/0/0/0 is the build I'm using on Alm. When was the last time you saw a neutral vanilla +10 unit in the Arena?

That build kills pretty much everything short of +10 Nowi / Corrin [+Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Steady Breath, Swordbreaker 3, Close Def 3) +0/0/6/6, which dies if Alm has Atk buffs.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10 Alm [+Atk] (Falchion [unique], Moonbow / Glimmer, Death Blow 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Heavy Blade 3) +0/0/0/0 is the build I'm using on Alm. When was the last time you saw a neutral vanilla +10 unit in the Arena?

That build kills pretty much everything short of +10 Nowi / Corrin [+Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Steady Breath, Swordbreaker 3, Close Def 3) +0/0/6/6, which dies if Alm has Atk buffs.

Since I'm in lower score ranges than you, I see a lot of imperfect +10 units (and a lot of TA dragons). Like you pointed out, there is no guarantee for a dragon to survive that perfect Alm variant (impossible even if Alm is buffed). My intention was to show that there is no guarantee that an refined +10 Alm does kill all dragons, even those with 10 merges lesser than him.  

Praise Naga, for she is a generous goddess! Best daughter is here and she's a flying blue mage! Double the reason to get her. Unfortunately her weapon and stat spread aren't as great as I'd like, but that doesn't matter, I will pull her! I was expecting her to be more like what M!Morgan ended up being, but it's a pleasant surprise to see him here too.

Now I'm faced with a conundrum. I really want to transfer my summoner support to my daughter as is fitting, but Julia has made such excellent use of it so far and performed so unbelievably well since I pulled her (seriously, I owe at least half of my success in this game to how ridiculously powerful she is) that I feel like she deserves it in perpetuity. I suppose Morgan's IVs will influence things, but now I'm stuck between nepotism and reward for sterling service.

Fellow proud fathers, I wish you all luck with the orbs tomorrow.