We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

Now that *YLO has been brought up, I've talked to the mods and confirmed that it's based on whether or not town mechanically can win in this scenario.

Since we are not in *YLO, we can confirm that the numbers are 5/1/1 at 7 alive. If they were 4/2/1, we would be at *YLO even without extra anti-town KP.

That means we can mechanically confirm Evan is not anti-town. If the numbers are 5/1/1 at 7 alive and anti-town had another KP, we would be in *YLO right now.

So, purely mechanically, if EvanManManMan has an extra shot, he is cleared as town. If he is lying about it, we can easily confirm this, and lynch him tomorrow for lying, when we are actually in *YLO.

So please get off of his case, for the last time.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Refa said:

Evan doesn't have an extra shot though.

I was asking if he did and never got an answer. Where did he say this?

Yeah then I can't mechanically clear it then, but I'll clear him for my other reasons. Just trying to make it easier on people who disagree.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I was asking if he did and never got an answer. Where did he say this?

Yeah then I can't mechanically clear it then, but I'll clear him for my other reasons. Just trying to make it easier on people who disagree.

Somewhere he said he can't bet and shoot on the same night.

8 minutes ago, Refa said:

Generally on SF, mayors disable on *YLO.  If his role worked in *YLO, he'd be confirmed town with these numbers.

Also I asked and if the gamestate is 5/1/1 and becomes 2/1/1 tomorrow, it's not considered *YLO even though town is probably fucked...

That's because it's possible the two anti-town factions haven't learned who each other are yet, and you'd be starting the Day lynching people with essentially 4 people actually trying to read the others.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Somewhere he said he can't bet and shoot on the same night.

In that case, it's not mechanically clearing.

But yeah, a world where town has no KP at all here is unbelievable in itself, on top of Evan just being towny as hell.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

@Refa, explain to me how this reason for wanting me lynched is town motivated. Explain to me in the words Omega isn't using, since you seem to get where he's coming from as a town who is trying to win.

I'm not being rhetorical. Read this post and explain it to me like I'm 5. Please.

@Refa ? Did you see this?

##Extension

@Killthestory you failed me... make it up tomorrow please

i think we need to request an extension since we only appear to have 15 hours left right now. That's not enough time based on the two main suspects' existing content/busy schedules.

I didn't, just not really in the mood to think about the game tonight.  I honestly don't get where he's coming from w/wanting to lynch you now, it seems antitown to me.  The only explanation I can give is that he doesn't think that Treestump is telling, although I don't think he's mentioned as much himself, so I don't really get it.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

i think we need to request an extension since we only appear to have 15 hours left right now. That's not enough time based on the two main suspects' existing content/busy schedules.

Aren't days supposed to be 72 hours?  Didn't today like...just start today?

... welp i misread those times

sb didn't update the links in OP so i went to start of day 5 post and the timer says 15 hours

we're still in day 5, guys

16 minutes ago, Makaze said:

##Extension

@Killthestory you failed me... make it up tomorrow please

ignore this lol

2 hours ago, Makaze said:

I think it's simple. Mafia didn't have a choice but to put some votes on Junko. We know this happened. What was more important to Shinori was distancing himself, and I think the real play they were going for was lynching Athena and getting cleared off of it.

? Bussing Athena would be more reasonable, especially since he's on Junko anyway, but if you're still saying I'm mafia, then they put their mayor on Junk, instead of on Athena? How is that a logical decision?

What I can be sure of is that there is no logical incentive to prefer Kirsche's slot over Junko's if both are Mafia.  

??  Have you not just been proposing that they wanted to save Junk for the mass block?

When Shinori realized the eclipse thing wasn't catching on, he unvoted to distance himself completely, because his attempt to move stuff off of Junko was failing, and he didn't want to make eclipse look bad either.

??? He was on athena when he unvoted. If you meant to say athena, how is that relevant?

The best way you can change my mind is to case the real Mafia, not tell me why my case is shit.

I can do both. The latter is easier because your case is foiled by known facts and behaviours of the mafia, and changes the narrative at will. You've already changed the mafia's motivation from "bus eclipse to save junk" to "bus athena to save junk".

-Junk did not switch to eclipse, when eclipse was a bigger wagon than kirsche, and so he could justify it by Not Me Over Me. Why did he not do this, if they thought only eclipse's flip could save junk?

-Shinori did not switch to eclipse until there was no way eclipse could be lynched over junko. Why would he delay, if they thought only eclipse's flip could save junk?

- If you want to argue "the real play" was Athena, Eclipse voted Junko, at a time that voting Athena would tie the wagons, and be consistent with her Day 1 placement. Why did she not do this, if athena's flip could save junk?

4 hours ago, Refa said:

Makaze/Evan/Fable have role related reasons to be town, Kill/you/Baldrick have play related reasons to be town.  Knowing your philosophy, I can get why you value the later more but I'm really having a rough time scumreading the role related people.  Makaze is a Treestump, If Evan is scum than this game is ridiculously scumsided (we could mislynch once and misvig once and lose), and I don't see why Scum!Fable would assume "his role failed because he targeted someone with no action, not because he got roleblocked". 

What if Treestump is Makaze's mole fakeclaim, like Athena's Co-Network was?

"Why would scum have a fakeclaim that is a functional vanilla?"

idk, ask Snike.

Scum!Fable could be trying to get into the mindset of a hypothetical Town!Fable. If Walrein was thought to be lying and mislynched, then they claimed afterwards, they might be worried about questions like, "why didn't you mention you had a passive role to back up Walrein's story?". Alternatively, they thought Walrein would be trusted, and wanted to share in that towncred by helping to clearing them.

P.S

@Refa If there is one thing you must do, it is this.

Look at the above bolded, and tell me whether you still think Makaze's case is sound.

Forget about me being in your PoE list, and give me your honest opinion.

If you can genuinely say you don't think there's any holes in Makaze's logic, I will accept it.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:34 PM, Beru said:

I still don't know why Athena visited Makaze when I said I was visiting him/he asked to be watched lul

If Makaze is mafia, that means Athena suicided to give his partner cred.

Athena was more widely townread, I think. Why would they do this?

Makaze can't be mafia.

Going to read Fable.

7 hours ago, Fable said:

Right now yes that's my pool and no I don't think it's unreasonable also you think my plan as wolf would be to try and mislynch the most unlikely to be lynched villagers IMO?

This is a thing that you think?

This is a wolfy post. He's basically saying "my agenda is bad so I must be town." He admitted to having a plan that involves lynching people he can't lynch, something that a wolf needs to do. Town, while shouldn't always work with the norms, shouldn't be expressing their agenda as impossible. This wholenpost makes no sense from a toen perspective and the tone is bad as well.

7 hours ago, Omega. said:

##Vote: Fable

His SoD was wolfy. I don't buy that he makes a pool of me/Kill/Evan. Evan is fine to have as someone in your pool from his perspective, but both me AND Kill? Nah, I don't buy it right now. I think Kill's V. I also don't feel like he took anything I said regarding me having to shade/bus into consideration and he kept doubling down on it; likelier from wolf than V in this gamestate.

Italics: I agree with this. Doubling down and not taking things into consideration has been his general style today.

5 hours ago, Fable said:

*puts omega in bottom 2*

"looks like fable knows omega is a villager"

I swear people arn't even fucking bothering to read the things I write anymore. 

This is just gotcha journalism. Kill was implying that you were talking to him as though you knew his alignment. Which has nothing to do with where he is on your PoE list.

6 hours ago, Fable said:

Also your logic is incredibly flawed, I could think what I think as villa but because it's potential lylo I can't? 

Omega was making the point that in potential LYLO, you can't afford to mislynch. You're not trying to read your PoE better to make the right choice; scum do that because they don't need to be precise; any lynch that's not them at this stage is good for them.

16 hours ago, Fable said:

In what world is rolebomb a wolf roll? 

He's accused other people of making posts that are basically "because I said so", which is how I'd describe the tone of this response to Evan.

5 hours ago, Fable said:

Because Makaze is confirmed villager

Refa is basically confirmed V at this point

Baldrick is unlikely IMO with how wolves were pushing there but with how athena went maybe not

That literally just leaves me  with kill, you, and Evan 

Both of his confirmed town are voting someone he thinks unlikely mafia. He implies he's harbouring doubts, this would be the time to talk about the cases; if they're convincing or not, how this affects your reads, etc. He did do this earlier:

13 hours ago, Fable said:

I'm willing to listen to Refa on Kill though with how right he's been so far though and how nothing Kill has been. 

Even though objectively speaking, his reasoning for clearing Kill

16 hours ago, Fable said:

Kill probably clear because I don't think wolves get both networkers?

is better than for me.

I don't think he's trying to find the scum, just survive and get at anyone who he thinks is lynchable.

##vote: Fable

This sure is a mafia game.

On 12/09/2014 at 3:27 PM, Paperblade said:

"Fuck da police" said bearclaw Fable as he cut his own throat.

On 09/04/2018 at 6:48 PM, Iris said:

Dear Fable,

You are Weapons, Temperance (XIV). You are a meme machine from the year 20XX. Despite knowing actually nothing about you but you're definitely one of the funniest users on the site, although your scumhunting is a bit of an acquired taste and newer players can sometimes struggle to get to grips with it. You can tell that the real Weapons didn't write this role pm because it would have had much better jokes!

Because you're so funny, whoever killed you will be left feeling empty inside with the absence of your jokes. As a result, they will lose any non-factional abilities they possess for the rest of the game.

In other words, you are the Rolebomb.

You are a member of the UPRIGHT. You win when all threats to the UPRIGHT are eliminated.

On 12/09/2014 at 3:27 PM, Paperblade said:

Wait shit.

History has a weird way of repeating itself, huh?

It is now Night 6. Night 6 ends as soon as we have all actions in. Please refrain from speaking in the game thread unless your role tells you otherwise.

Edited by SB.